Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Takara Tomy Transformers Arms Micron AM-28 Leo Prime Black Version

Transformers News: Takara Tomy Transformers Arms Micron AM-28 Leo Prime Black Version

Tuesday, August 27th, 2013 12:35AM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 22,226

According to the Hobby Ark Toy Store we can expect a black deco version of Takara Tomy's Transformers Arms Micron AM-28 Leo Prime. No images yet, but they have their pre-order listed at 55 SGD with an expected arrival date in December.

Preorder for Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Prime G25 Leo Prime Black Version, Price=SGD$55, ETA=Dec 13

* Black redeco of AM28 Leo Prime, no stickers required. Fully painted.

Takara Tomy Transformers Arms Micron AM-28 Leo Prime Black Version
Credit(s): Hobby Ark Toy Store
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Arms Micron AM-28 Leo Prime Black Version (1514207)
Posted by Mkall on August 27th, 2013 @ 12:56am CDT
I'm happy with the two versions of this mold that I already have. I don't need a 3rd.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Arms Micron AM-28 Leo Prime Black Version (1514219)
Posted by ausbot on August 27th, 2013 @ 4:19am CDT
If its a Decepticon I'm interested.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Arms Micron AM-28 Leo Prime Black Version (1514220)
Posted by Stryfe Convoy on August 27th, 2013 @ 4:49am CDT
So, Takara and Hasbro have released a blue lion, and a red lion. Now they are releasing a black lion. Where are green and yellow lions? I'm already humming the theme from Voltron... :HEADHURTS: 8-} :HEADHURTS:
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Arms Micron AM-28 Leo Prime Black Version (1514227)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 27th, 2013 @ 6:09am CDT
So basically just a black redeco of Thundertron w/ an L.P. Arms Micron.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Arms Micron AM-28 Leo Prime Black Version (1514237)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on August 27th, 2013 @ 8:54am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:So basically just a black redeco of Thundertron w/ an L.P. Arms Micron.

Speaking my language :x It's he's the classic black with teal, instabuy. Don't wanna miss out like I did with Nemesis Prime.

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Arms Micron AM-28 Leo Prime Black Version (1514238)
Posted by mooncake623 on August 27th, 2013 @ 8:57am CDT
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Arms Micron AM-28 Leo Prime Black Version (1514239)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 27th, 2013 @ 9:19am CDT
mooncake623 wrote:I will buy this because I'm a black prime collector. Any shot of a new head sculpt? This Leo Prime just doesn't look very prime to me...
I doubt the redeco would have a new head when the original did not.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Arms Micron AM-28 Leo Prime Black Version (1514241)
Posted by GuyIncognito on August 27th, 2013 @ 9:40am CDT
So only the pelvis and shins are black?
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Arms Micron AM-28 Leo Prime Black Version (1514243)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 27th, 2013 @ 9:49am CDT
GuyIncognito wrote:So only the pelvis and shins are black?
That's a placeholder pic of the original figure with a "Black Version" stamped on it.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Arms Micron AM-28 Leo Prime Black Version (1514278)
Posted by craggy on August 27th, 2013 @ 2:13pm CDT
be nice if he was Razorclaw colours.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Arms Micron AM-28 Leo Prime Black Version (1514307)
Posted by xyl360 on August 27th, 2013 @ 5:34pm CDT
I need to see the actual color scheme first, but I'm likely to buy this.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Arms Micron AM-28 Leo Prime Black Version (1514341)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 27th, 2013 @ 7:28pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:And it seems it's a mainstream release, given his ID nr.: G25. The latest are G21 Judora and G22 Hunter Arcee. Would G23 and G24 be Hunters Knock Out and Dreadwing?
G23 is Dragotron Saishū Keitai
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Arms Micron AM-28 Leo Prime Black Version (1514441)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on August 28th, 2013 @ 9:51am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
G23 is Dragotron Saishū Keitai

aka "Dragotron Final Form" (最終形体 saishuu keitai?) Thanks ol' bean. :)
That only leaves G24. Come on, we're dying of curiosity here. "Dying"? Right, I'm calling Hunter Knock Out on that one.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Arms Micron AM-28 Leo Prime Black Version (1514446)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 28th, 2013 @ 10:30am CDT
Huh, the listing has been taken down. :|
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Arms Micron AM-28 Leo Prime Black Version (1514448)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on August 28th, 2013 @ 10:39am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Huh, the listing has been taken down. :|

Can't see it on the facebook page... Maybe TakaraTomy had them pull it because it wasn't supposed to be announced yet?
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Arms Micron AM-28 Leo Prime Black Version (1524846)
Posted by El Duque on October 20th, 2013 @ 2:26am CDT
Thanks to a tweet by trafes20120505 we have our first look at the previously reported black repaint of AM-28 Leo Prime. The figure will be released under the Transformers Go! banner as G25, and will come with what appear to be red versions of G01 Kenzan's swords. Check out the images below.

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Arms Micron AM-28 Leo Prime Black Version (1524864)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on October 20th, 2013 @ 5:02am CDT
And again, new name: Go/Gou Prime. So he's not the Leo Prime/Lio Convoy we know and love. And yes, he's an Autobot.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Arms Micron AM-28 Leo Prime Black Version (1524866)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 20th, 2013 @ 5:53am CDT
Wonder if the correct English spelling is supposed to be "Go Prime" or "GoPrime". :-?
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Arms Micron AM-28 Leo Prime Black Version (1524870)
Posted by OptimalOptimus2 on October 20th, 2013 @ 6:19am CDT
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Arms Micron AM-28 Leo Prime Black Version (1524871)
Posted by craggy on October 20th, 2013 @ 6:25am CDT
I like the swords. That's about it.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Arms Micron AM-28 Leo Prime Black Version (1524877)
Posted by MightyMagnus78 on October 20th, 2013 @ 6:55am CDT
I like this a lot more than their AM Leo Prime, and he actually has a decent weapon this time and not a stupid micron. However, I've already got Thundertron and IMO that moulds not that greatest, besides to import to the UK is going to expensive.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Arms Micron AM-28 Leo Prime Black Version (1524902)
Posted by ScottyP on October 20th, 2013 @ 11:41am CDT
No micron? No dice. Pass.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Arms Micron AM-28 Leo Prime Black Version (1524916)
Posted by Sodan-1 on October 20th, 2013 @ 12:48pm CDT
This mould? In black? Dual wielding katanas?

:DANCE:

But I can't say I'm blown away by the execution.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Arms Micron AM-28 Leo Prime Black Version (1524920)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on October 20th, 2013 @ 1:15pm CDT
Sodan-1 wrote:This mould? In black? Dual wielding katanas?

:DANCE:

But I can't say I'm blown away by the execution.

It looks good for it attempts to do. It's just that the mold is still that of a pirate, and I just reconciled that in my backstories with my Leo Prime (thanks to Sharkticon Megatron). A second look-a-like will be harder to integrate, now that it's a different character (unless Hydra pulls another bunny out of his hat).
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Arms Micron AM-28 Leo Prime Black Version (1524925)
Posted by xyl360 on October 20th, 2013 @ 2:03pm CDT
OptimalOptimus2 wrote:His claws look like they are suffering from gold plastic syndrome. If they do, I don't want to get this figure. They're probably painted in a gold color, still doesn't look right on him.

Nope, that's not the plastic that suffers from GPS. It's that new soft/flexible goldish plastic that's as solid as anything (no crumbling).

I think I will get this. That deco looks pretty good.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Arms Micron AM-28 Leo Prime Black Version (1524936)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 20th, 2013 @ 2:44pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Sodan-1 wrote:This mould? In black? Dual wielding katanas?

:DANCE:

But I can't say I'm blown away by the execution.

Sadly, Hydra's not the one writing the Go! bios this time (nor does he know who is).
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Arms Micron AM-28 Leo Prime Black Version (1524951)
Posted by Manterax Prime on October 20th, 2013 @ 3:58pm CDT
ScottyP wrote:No micron? No dice. Pass.

Are you serious? You'd rather have a piece of crap micron over actual weapons?
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Arms Micron AM-28 Leo Prime Black Version (1525022)
Posted by GuyIncognito on October 21st, 2013 @ 8:35am CDT
It's a nice color scheme. Kinda looks like a Nemesis Leo Prime. If this were a US release I could get for $22, I'd get it.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Arms Micron AM-28 Leo Prime Black Version (1525024)
Posted by GuyIncognito on October 21st, 2013 @ 9:13am CDT
Manterax Prime wrote:
ScottyP wrote:No micron? No dice. Pass.

Are you serious? You'd rather have a piece of crap micron over actual weapons?

I'll take a transforming micron over a plain molded gun or sword any day. Especially if it's a micron I get to put together myself. More value for the money, in my book.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Arms Micron AM-28 Leo Prime Black Version (1525027)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on October 21st, 2013 @ 9:28am CDT
GuyIncognito wrote:
Manterax Prime wrote:
ScottyP wrote:No micron? No dice. Pass.

Are you serious? You'd rather have a piece of crap micron over actual weapons?

Looking at Kenzan's swords I've found a potential hiccup: no storage in Beast Mode. The swords have no 5 mm pegs outside of the handles, at least L.P. and Thundertron's longsword had them. Another strike for an otherwise good redeco.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Arms Micron AM-28 Leo Prime Black Version (1531611)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 25th, 2013 @ 12:25am CST
According to the January issue of Dengeki Hobby, it looks like Go Prime will be a toy-only character who won't appear in the cartoon.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Arms Micron AM-28 Leo Prime Black Version (1531958)
Posted by El Duque on November 26th, 2013 @ 10:28pm CST
Takara Tomy has updated with new official images of the upcoming Transformers Go! G25 Go Prime. He's a repaint of Arms Micron AM-28 Leo Prime, though his Arms Micron weapon has been replaced by redecos of Transformers Go! Kenzan's swords. Check out the official images below.

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Arms Micron AM-28 Leo Prime Black Version (1531970)
Posted by TimothyR on November 27th, 2013 @ 1:57am CST
i wish it was mostly black rather than mostly white.. still a cool mold though.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Arms Micron AM-28 Leo Prime Black Version (1531988)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 27th, 2013 @ 7:21am CST
For a toy-only character, Go Prime looks kinda cool.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Arms Micron AM-28 Leo Prime Black Version (1532014)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on November 27th, 2013 @ 10:32am CST
TimothyR wrote:i wish it was mostly black rather than mostly white.. still a cool mold though.

The black lion gig is already taken by Gekisoumaru Kurojishi version. :-B

It's just a one-on-one color switch, so getting him has no real priority. Unless I somehow acquired his Arms Micron Go, that shark-gun.
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #90 - Dark Scorponok