Takara Tomy Transformers Cloud Starscream and Brawn Announced

Transformers News: Takara Tomy Transformers Cloud Starscream and Brawn Announced

Thursday, February 20th, 2014 10:45PM CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 20,355

e-Hobby has announced the next two figures in Takara Tomy's exclusive Transformers Cloud line. e-Hobby will be releasing a Starscream redeco of the Transformers Generations Voyager Doubedealer mold, and the TakaraTomy Mall will finally be releasing the Voyager GDO Brawn, which is a redeco/remold of Transformer Prime First Edition Voyager Bulkhead. Pre-orders will open on their respective sites on the 24th, no pricing at this time. Check out the announcement image mirrored below:

Transformers News: Re: Transformers Cloud Figures announced Brawn And Starscream
Credit(s): e-Hobby
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Cloud Starscream and Brawn Announced (1552512)
Posted by Seibertron on February 20th, 2014 @ 10:51pm CST
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Cloud Starscream and Brawn Announced (1552513)
Posted by Moonshot on February 20th, 2014 @ 11:01pm CST
It does seem strange to make a whole new thing out of these repaints of characters.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Cloud Starscream and Brawn Announced (1552516)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 20th, 2014 @ 11:05pm CST
Seibertron wrote:I feel like Takara and Hasbro must have some really awesome versions of these characters coming out later down the road so they're knocking out a few quickies along the lines of Arms Micron Smokescreen. Create the illusion that they're doing us a favor, then later this year it'll be revealed that "ultimate" or better versions of these same characters/toys will be made available. A repaint line for the 30th anniversary just doesn't seem right. What are they up to?
I'd imagine that this Cloud line is merely something small done on the side of the bigger lines like AOE and Generations.

Not to mention that this year technically isn't the 30th anniversary for Transformers in Japan, since they didn't get the G1 toys until 1985, so 2015 would make more sense to be Japan's big celebratory year. :D
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Cloud Starscream and Brawn Announced (1552518)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on February 20th, 2014 @ 11:05pm CST
Sure as hell didn't see Starscream outta that Doubledealer figure.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Cloud Starscream and Brawn Announced (1552519)
Posted by Blackstreak on February 20th, 2014 @ 11:09pm CST
Wow! Starscream is utilizing the Blitzwing/Double Dealer mold. Quite different for him.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Cloud Starscream and Brawn Announced (1552521)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on February 20th, 2014 @ 11:20pm CST
LOST Cybertronian wrote:Sure as hell didn't see Starscream outta that Doubledealer figure.
Yeah, it's like, "Anyone but Flywheels". (Fingers crossed for Airwave next)

It also leaves you wondering just how superior Double Dealer's firepower can be to warrant both sides wanting to pay for his services if two other guys have the same body template now. Yes, I know it's about staying true to his character, but his cannon projectile ain't no ICBM.

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Cloud Starscream and Brawn Announced (1552522)
Posted by Seibertron on February 20th, 2014 @ 11:22pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:

Except for they've been slapping their 30th anniversary logo on products for a while so it seems like they're adopting 1984 as their year.

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Cloud Starscream and Brawn Announced (1552523)
Posted by T-Macksimus on February 20th, 2014 @ 11:24pm CST
Why not just come right out and insult us openly or slap us in the face?
Redecos/repaints of newer designs for classic characters especially ones like Brawn and Starscream is just a cheap cop out and one that is being so overdone this year it's pathetic. Of all years, the 30th anniversary year, I would have expected better than this. I mean, I would expect this of Hasbro but for Takara/Tomy to do this... wow! What a kick to the groin. :-x
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Cloud Starscream and Brawn Announced (1552524)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 20th, 2014 @ 11:24pm CST
Seibertron wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

Ah, true, forgot about that. :oops:

Still, with how limited and exclusive this line is, it seems like a side project rather than anything major, at least compared to the more mainsteam flagship lines like Generations and AOE.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Cloud Starscream and Brawn Announced (1552525)
Posted by Seibertron on February 20th, 2014 @ 11:26pm CST
Bumblevivisector wrote:Yeah, it's like, "Anyone but Flywheels". (Fingers crossed for Airwave next)

Flywheels seems like such an obvious homage. Someone please take our money!!!!!!!!!!! Give us Flywheels please!

Bumblevivisector wrote:Though GDO Brawn just looks so funny that I'm glad he's getting made. Fills me with hope that other cancelled toys of recent years might be saved from oblivion.

Seems like there are enough figures from the past 6 to 8 years that have been canceled that they could make a whole line out of just those figures alone!
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Cloud Starscream and Brawn Announced (1552526)
Posted by megatronus on February 20th, 2014 @ 11:27pm CST
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Cloud Starscream and Brawn Announced (1552529)
Posted by Primeultimus on February 20th, 2014 @ 11:39pm CST
megatronus wrote:I sure wish Brawn was released under GDO instead of Cloud... would have saved me $60.

I had a $200 bounty out on Brawn GDO. Glad I can kill that one. With that and what I believe to be Movie Trilogy Ratchet on the way things are looking good for my wallet! Thanks Takara!
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Cloud Starscream and Brawn Announced (1552531)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on February 20th, 2014 @ 11:48pm CST
Now if they make that Hot Rod out of Springer, this will be one crazy line.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Cloud Starscream and Brawn Announced (1552532)
Posted by Flashwave on February 20th, 2014 @ 11:54pm CST
T-Macksimus wrote:Why not just come right out and insult us openly or slap us in the face?

Dude, you don't just milk the cow once and throw it out... you use the investment in the cow. TakTom has only been repainting/molding figures since... 1984 Red Alert?

Now, this is a Starscream I will be avoiding. And Brawn had no real magic for me either, although the art looks good. Glad to see that anyone who wanted a crack at him has a chance though. I'd be VERY happy though if someone would re-run Hot Spot though, I never once saw ANY of the three main release molds that have been out in Indiana. No Grappel, no Inferno, and no Hot SPot, my preferred of the 3.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Cloud Starscream and Brawn Announced (1552533)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 20th, 2014 @ 11:57pm CST
Primeultimus wrote:

What if Cloud Brawn turns out to be deco'd differently from GDO Brawn? ;)
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Cloud Starscream and Brawn Announced (1552535)
Posted by Primeultimus on February 21st, 2014 @ 12:03am CST
Sabrblade wrote:
Primeultimus wrote:

What if Cloud Brawn turns out to be deco'd differently from GDO Brawn? ;)

I still have a $200 bounty out on a MISB GDO Brawn if someone can produce me one. But as long as the Mold with the Head they showed us make it out and perhaps a simliar deco I will be satisfied.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Cloud Starscream and Brawn Announced (1552538)
Posted by Counterpunch on February 21st, 2014 @ 12:16am CST
Wow! I am super excited that...I have no reason at all to buy these.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Cloud Starscream and Brawn Announced (1552546)
Posted by Manterax Prime on February 21st, 2014 @ 1:08am CST

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but Takara is NOT perfection incarnate.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Cloud Starscream and Brawn Announced (1552553)
Posted by Shadowstream on February 21st, 2014 @ 3:14am CST
I laughed for nearly 3 minutes strait when I saw this :lol:
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Cloud Starscream and Brawn Announced (1552566)
Posted by Rated X on February 21st, 2014 @ 5:25am CST
What a joke. Especially the starscream.

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers Hasbro Generations IDW 30th Anniversary Deluxe Class Autobot Skids - Time Remaining: 5 days 4 hours 23 minutes 10 seconds
MISB in USA - Transformers Takara Legends LG-20 Skids - IDW Comics Version - Time Remaining: 6 days 2 hours 45 minutes 44 seconds
Transformers RESCUE BOTS BUMBLEBEE Playskool Heroes ROBOT RAPTOR ROAR AND RESCUE - Time Remaining: 5 days 12 hours 16 minutes 2 seconds
Transformers Generations 30th anniversary Titan class Metroplex - Time Remaining: 5 days 5 hours 2 minutes 49 seconds
Transformers G2 Dinobots Snarl Factory Sealed On Card 1993 Hasbro - Time Remaining: 3 days 13 hours 34 minutes 37 seconds
Transformers RESCUE BOTS OPTIMUS PRIME Playskool Heroes ROBOT T-REX ROAR RESCUE - Time Remaining: 5 days 11 hours 35 minutes 34 seconds
DEAD END TRANSFORMERS ALTERNATORS # 6 (DODGE VIPER COMPETITION) TF - Time Remaining: 4 days 6 hours 23 minutes 40 seconds
GRIMLOCK TRANSFORMERS ALTERNATORS # 9 (FORD MUSTANG GT) TF - Time Remaining: 4 days 6 hours 23 minutes 38 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #156 - Gestalt Theory