Takara Tomy Transformers DOTM Megatron: Dark Energon Edition

Transformers News: Takara Tomy Transformers DOTM Megatron: Dark Energon Edition

Monday, September 3rd, 2012 11:57PM CDT

Categories: Live Action Movie News, Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 45,512

Courtesy of ACToys we get a first look at Transformers DOTM Megatron: Dark Energon Edition, a Takara Tomy repaint of ROTF Leader Class Megatron. No details yet, but it seems likely this will be another in their recent line of Asian market exclusives, similar to their repacking of 2007 Movie Leaders Optimus Prime and Megatron in DOTM packaging. Small image mirrored below.

Takara Tomy Transformers DOTM Megatron: Dark Energon Edition
Credit(s): ACToys.net

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers DOTM Megatron: Dark Energon Edition (1416636)
Posted by Evil_the_Nub on September 4th, 2012 @ 12:18am CDT
When we said we wanted a leader class DotM Megatron this isn't what we meant.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers DOTM Megatron: Dark Energon Edition (1416639)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on September 4th, 2012 @ 12:23am CDT
Evil_the_Nub wrote:When we said we wanted a leader class DotM Megatron this isn't what we meant.

Yeah.... But I still want this! I liked the ROTF Megatron, but I missed out on it. Then the Shadow Command Megatron came out and it was 10000 times more badass! This one looks every bit as awesome, but with purple instead of red! I want it! :CON:
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers DOTM Megatron: Dark Energon Edition (1416641)
Posted by CrimsonPrime on September 4th, 2012 @ 12:25am CDT
Well I dont give a damn that it's just a repaint but I still want him cause I missed out on him thinking there might be a new Leader class Megs and chances are we will never get one this year or the next year either -_-...
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers DOTM Megatron: Dark Energon Edition (1416657)
Posted by PrymeStriker on September 4th, 2012 @ 1:08am CDT
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers DOTM Megatron: Dark Energon Edition (1416659)
Posted by all_the_primes on September 4th, 2012 @ 1:28am CDT
... :BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD: ...
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers DOTM Megatron: Dark Energon Edition (1416660)
Posted by Mechastrike on September 4th, 2012 @ 1:34am CDT
where's the taliban Megs with pirate gun? :???:
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers DOTM Megatron: Dark Energon Edition (1416678)
Posted by noctorro on September 4th, 2012 @ 4:35am CDT
Almost Takara, almost.

He should've been in DOTM colors, so sand/rusty like.
And they should've also remolded that horrible left skinny squid thing. Maybe add the boomstick.

Still can't believe how they screwed up the DOTM line, with those horrible completely NOT screen accurate weapons.

Jetwing Prime, Ultimate Prime, Voyager Prime, not one of them looks like DOTM Prime. Sigh, I give up. ROTF might've been the way lesser movie but the toyline was way better.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers DOTM Megatron: Dark Energon Edition (1416702)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on September 4th, 2012 @ 8:07am CDT
close but no cigar. we wanted something like the voyager DOTM megatron only bigger.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers DOTM Megatron: Dark Energon Edition (1416710)
Posted by STngAR on September 4th, 2012 @ 8:54am CDT
[color=#4000FF]I was trying to come up with a witty dis of the movie line but than I thought %@#$ it.....

Teflon.[/color] :MAXIMAL:
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers DOTM Megatron: Dark Energon Edition (1416733)
Posted by BATTOUSAIXD on September 4th, 2012 @ 10:12am CDT
It looks pretty decent so far; I'll have to see more pics and if it's not too expensive I may have to get one.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers DOTM Megatron: Dark Energon Edition (1416735)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on September 4th, 2012 @ 10:33am CDT
RotF Leader Megatron, one of the few molds to get two black repaints, the other being RotF Shadow Command:

Quite a feat :)
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers DOTM Megatron: Dark Energon Edition (1416758)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 4th, 2012 @ 11:35am CDT
What's got me befuddled is that this seems like it's suddenly trying to introduce Dark Energon into the Movieverse. :roll:
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers DOTM Megatron: Dark Energon Edition (1416818)
Posted by Zeedust on September 4th, 2012 @ 3:37pm CDT
I actually like how it looks, but not enough to import it.

Admittedly, I may just be starved for a decently-sized TF: Prime Megs. Can we get some Decepticons at the Weaponizer size?
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers DOTM Megatron: Dark Energon Edition (1416846)
Posted by XDMan on September 4th, 2012 @ 5:03pm CDT
Well, we may not get DOTM Megs or Shockwave in LC, but we will get G1 edition SCreamer and this. Thank you Takara :x , you made me more loyal to you than the Bumblebee loving Hasbroke :P , because I knew the DOTM line is still alive in Asia. ;)

Anyway, did you guys know he's based on his Prime counterpart's DE repaint?
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers DOTM Megatron: Dark Energon Edition (1416852)
Posted by TulioDude on September 4th, 2012 @ 5:20pm CDT
Looks cool.The only qestion remaining is if he speaks "I'm MEGATRON! or THERE"S NO COMANND BUT MINE!
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers DOTM Megatron: Dark Energon Edition (1417057)
Posted by Rushie on September 5th, 2012 @ 4:47am CDT

Or, they could give him a new chip with a DotM quote to complete the trifecta of Megatrons. (though all represented by a single mold) Good lines would be:

- *grwll* All hail Megatron!
- You know what you are told, which is nothing!
- He is my greatest triumph...
- Here we are... fight us now!
- YOU DARE LECTURE ME, SLAVE?
- It will be me, it will always be me!
- THIS IS MY PLANET!
- Who would you be without me, Prime?
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers DOTM Megatron: Dark Energon Edition (1417245)
Posted by TulioDude on September 5th, 2012 @ 3:33pm CDT
Rushie wrote:Or they could give him the European voice chip. Unlike most other electronic Movieverse toys where every line but their name got snipped. ("Jetfi-" "-tarscream!") Megatron dropped the "I am" but got an awesome laugh more evil than the Animated Leader.

- *grwll* All hail Megatron!
- You know what you are told, which is nothing!
- He is my greatest triumph...
- Here we are... fight us now!
- YOU DARE LECTURE ME, SLAVE?
- It will be me, it will always be me!
- THIS IS MY PLANET!
- Who would you be without me, Prime?

Dang,now you made want it to happen. :BANG_HEAD:
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers DOTM Megatron: Dark Energon Edition (1417268)
Posted by craggy on September 5th, 2012 @ 4:40pm CDT
It looks awesome...and then I remembered the arm. A couple of good arms and he'd be a kick-ass bot. Maybe a good base for someone to customise an IDW "rebuilt" Megatron or DJD Tarn?
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers DOTM Megatron: Dark Energon Edition (1417419)
Posted by El Duque on September 6th, 2012 @ 8:00am CDT
The folks over on the Planet Iacon facebook page have posted some new images of the recently revealed Takara Tomy Transformers DOTM Dark Energon Edition Megatron, a repaint of ROTF Leader Class Megatron. Images mirrored below:

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers DOTM Megatron: Dark Energon Edition (1417436)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on September 6th, 2012 @ 8:52am CDT
that is a really nice repaint. but the mold is still crap.

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Anniversary Voyager Class Blitzwing Hasbro - Time Remaining: 1 day 20 hours 13 minutes 40 seconds
TRANSFORMERS G1 DIRGE DECEPTICON REISSUE MIB - Time Remaining: 7 days 10 hours 31 minutes 6 seconds
KRE-O Transformers Sideswipe - Time Remaining: 2 days 17 minutes 52 seconds
Lot of Vintage Transformers and Go Bots Metro Plex More - Time Remaining: 2 days 8 hours 19 minutes 15 seconds
TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS FALL OF CYBERTRON SIDESWIPE - Time Remaining: 2 days 5 hours 5 minutes 56 seconds
Transformers Prime Cyberverse Command your World ULTRA MAGNUS Heavy Munitions - Time Remaining: 2 days 2 hours 36 minutes 3 seconds
TRANSFORMERS 2013 SDCC / TRU Exclusive MASTERPIECE G1 SOUNDWAVE Sealed MINT New! - Time Remaining: 2 days 5 hours 21 minutes 9 seconds
very rare vintage 80's TRANSFORMERS G1 Bombshell ROBOT Variant Galgo ARGENTINA - Time Remaining: 8 days 5 hours 14 minutes 5 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #156 - Gestalt Theory