Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Takara Tomy Transformers Generations Wave 3 Images

Transformers News: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations Wave 3 Images

Thursday, February 14th, 2013 9:31AM CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 33,316

TF YUKI has tweeted some images of Takara Tomy's Transformers Generations Wave 3, including comparison shots to their Hasbro counterparts. This wave features Ultra Magnus, Sideswipe, Starscream, Kickback, and Air Raid (who's absent from the tweets). Check out the images mirrored below.

Takara Tomy Transformers Generations Wave 3 Images

Takara Tomy Transformers Generations Wave 3 Images

Takara Tomy Transformers Generations Wave 3 Images

Takara Tomy Transformers Generations Wave 3 Images

Takara Tomy Transformers Generations Wave 3 Images

Takara Tomy Transformers Generations Wave 3 Images

Takara Tomy Transformers Generations Wave 3 Images

Takara Tomy Transformers Generations Wave 3 Images
Credit(s): TF YUKI
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations Wave 3 Images (1464357)
Posted by Mkall on February 14th, 2013 @ 10:03am CST
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations Wave 3 Images (1464361)
Posted by Handels-Messerschmitt on February 14th, 2013 @ 10:20am CST
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations Wave 3 Images (1464365)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on February 14th, 2013 @ 10:34am CST
Handels-Messerschmitt wrote:So, like, are these made and sold as general toys like Hasbro does or are they mostly just nerdbait?

Both. :-B

And it's Air Raid for "Fireflight". Hasbro can't even use the original trademark anymore. ;)
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations Wave 3 Images (1464367)
Posted by dirk2243 on February 14th, 2013 @ 10:36am CST
I do prefer Hasbro's Head on Kickback. Perhaps its just the lighting but the darker look just seems to work better..... (my opinion of course)
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations Wave 3 Images (1464370)
Posted by dirk2243 on February 14th, 2013 @ 10:38am CST
Double post....sorry
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations Wave 3 Images (1464373)
Posted by Delta Magnus on February 14th, 2013 @ 10:49am CST

But...drool...

Such lovely metallic plastic! (Or paint, can't tell). Such excellent paint apps! Such wonderful increases in accuracy and general loveability!

If it weren't for the price of importing I would be buying all the Japanese versions.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations Wave 3 Images (1464384)
Posted by rpetras on February 14th, 2013 @ 11:22am CST
Preferences:
Ultra Magnus - Hasbro. Really prefer the colors.

Sideswipe - Takara. The shiny paint looks great, but it still doesn't save a crummy mold

Starscream - Hasbro. The more muted colors seem to fit the seeker better IMO.

Kickback - Mixed. I really prefer the paint scheme on Takara, but the darker head, and gold in place of the yellow works in favor of Hasbro. Factor in the cost savings and I'm cancelling my Takara preorder for this guy.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations Wave 3 Images (1464402)
Posted by kirbenvost on February 14th, 2013 @ 12:16pm CST
Great, thanks for showing us just how inferior the Hasbro versions are. :lol:

I really would get the Takara versions if they weren't so expensive, but nearly $40 for a deluxe is way too much for me.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations Wave 3 Images (1464411)
Posted by noctorro on February 14th, 2013 @ 12:30pm CST
Yes, Takara's paint jobs look like a lot more work is put into them and generaly they look better. Because of above said reason.

That doesn't take the fact away that I'm happy with my normal Hasbro version.

I almost bought a ROTF Hasbro Leader Optimus because my Buster Prime 2nd version looks too pretty to make him kick other TF's ass. (yess 28 year old manchild still plays with toys)

I like the toy look on toys, if they are to pretty they just stand on a plank not doing anything.

Is that weird?
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations Wave 3 Images (1464412)
Posted by Rated X on February 14th, 2013 @ 12:31pm CST
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations Wave 3 Images (1464433)
Posted by craggy on February 14th, 2013 @ 1:19pm CST
better paint apps on them all, sure, but I prefer the colours on Hasbro's Magnus and Kickback.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations Wave 3 Images (1464483)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on February 14th, 2013 @ 2:55pm CST
I have finally come to grips with Magnus being so small. He will go next to the larger Magnus, and be known as Mini Magnus! Ballin!
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations Wave 3 Images (1464508)
Posted by KNM2012 on February 14th, 2013 @ 4:13pm CST
:BANG_HEAD:

And the dispute over me getting "Generations" Ultra Magnus has become far more complicated.

Delta Magnus wrote:Whilst I'm not going to bitch about "OMG WE WESTERN FANS ARE BEING CHEATED BY HASBLOW!!!", I am genuinely jealous of our Japanese friends for getting such awesome figures. I know the age range is higher over there, and therefore the better paint job is more appropriate over there...

But...drool...

Same age range as here. The last time I visited the Toys"R"Us in Ikebukuro, they were displaying the first wave of Arms Micron figures and "First Edition" Megatron one isle by the Super Sentai and Ultraman stuff. Then again, they also have a place called "Club Primus" (no joke)!

But with the price... I can understand. It is the biggest factor to me possibly not getting him right away, as I want to focus more on exclusives and less on mainstream pieces this year. Namely due to the prices some are being asked for. :sad:
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations Wave 3 Images (1464533)
Posted by NTESHFT on February 14th, 2013 @ 5:38pm CST
Mkall wrote:The Kickback looks like cool, but without his other Insecticon pals he seems kind of out-of-place.

My thoughts exactly.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations Wave 3 Images (1464540)
Posted by wewyllenium on February 14th, 2013 @ 6:26pm CST
More paint really makes it look a lot better. :D
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations Wave 3 Images (1464542)
Posted by mooncake623 on February 14th, 2013 @ 6:29pm CST
Rated X wrote:The Takara versions are superior. I stopped by TRU and saw the Hasbro versions of Sideswipe, Starscream, and Air Raid. I was temted to buy them but when I saw the price at $19.49 before tax, I put that s**t right back on the peg and walked out. Soundwave and Soundblaster were going for $28.99 but Im going Takara with those two. Gonna wait until these hit Walmart. I saw the combaticons there the other day...

Ask them price match! They do that at every TRU. Just find the toy you want on their website.

Anyway Magnus and kickback will be brought.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations Wave 3 Images (1464543)
Posted by Mindmaster on February 14th, 2013 @ 6:35pm CST
I like how Ultra Magnus looks, but I feel he homages the original toy rather than the G1 cartoon model. Plus, already have the domestic version, so it's pretty pointless to get this.

Starscream's kicking it good, as usual.

Kickback, although I'm spotting more detail around the chest, still looks the same, albeit shiner. I'm still keeping a lookout for the American version.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations Wave 3 Images (1464551)
Posted by ausbot on February 14th, 2013 @ 7:52pm CST
I was hoping Takara would do a red alert from that sideswipe.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations Wave 3 Images (1464592)
Posted by dedcat on February 14th, 2013 @ 11:33pm CST
I'm thinking I'll have to import that Ultra Magnus now, to properly match colors with the third party add on kit coming out.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations Wave 3 Images (1465230)
Posted by Sodan-1 on February 17th, 2013 @ 4:53pm CST
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations Wave 3 Images (1465304)
Posted by KNM2012 on February 17th, 2013 @ 11:57pm CST
Sodan-1 wrote:Hmm... Not bad, not bad. I'm liking Takara's Autobots, but for some reason I prefer Hasbro's Decepticons. Will probably still only pick up a Starscream. :P

I have a solution! Pick up two and add his Cybertronian specs on him, And voila! You will have Starscream AND "Bishounen*" Starscream!

[*: "Bishounen" Starscream comes with the following effects: All arguments will be irrelevant. That is all.]
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #96 - Age of Extinction