Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G26 Optimus EX Prime Triple Changer

Transformers News: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G26 Optimus EX Prime Triple Changer

Monday, October 7th, 2013 8:57AM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 17,156

eToysJapan has opened pre-orders for G26 in Takara Tomy's Transformers Go! line. This will be a triple changing Optimus Prime figure with robot, train, and dragon modes, plus the ability to combine with G01 Kenzan and G05 Gekisoumaru. The figure also comes with light and sound features. Unfortunately no images are available at this time. The figure is expected to release in January of next year. We actually received word of this figure a few weeks ago, but our source requested we hold off on reporting on it. The information matches up perfectly.

Transformers Go! G26 Optimus EX Prime by Takara Tomy. This is a Japan original design that combines with G01 Kenzan and G05 Gekisoumaru together. On its own it is a triple changer that transformers from robot to train to a Dragon. With light and sound gimmick.
Credit(s): eToysJapan
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G26 Optimus EX Prime Triple Changer (1522308)
Posted by Megazarak on October 7th, 2013 @ 9:03am CDT
Robot mode, Train mode, Dragon mode, lights and sounds, and a combined mode? I wonder how this thing will end up looking cause the description makes it sound like it could be really cool or really terrible. Based on the other combiners I'd lean towards more bad than good, but hopefully the end result is surprising.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G26 Optimus EX Prime Triple Changer (1522310)
Posted by MagnetarPrime on October 7th, 2013 @ 9:17am CDT
some pictures may help out here. :-?
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G26 Optimus EX Prime Triple Changer (1522312)
Posted by Mkall on October 7th, 2013 @ 9:24am CDT
I admit, I'm having trouble imagining this figure without some serious compromises in at least one mode. I suppose I'll just have to wait for pictures.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G26 Optimus EX Prime Triple Changer (1522315)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on October 7th, 2013 @ 9:31am CDT
Somehow the description remidns me of Dino Bomber from Brave Express Might Gaine, part of TriBomber:

TriBomber on BraveDX.com
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G26 Optimus EX Prime Triple Changer (1522316)
Posted by Seibertron on October 7th, 2013 @ 9:37am CDT
Just in time for "Year of the Dragon"!

Oh ... waitasec ... :HEADHURTS:
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G26 Optimus EX Prime Triple Changer (1522319)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on October 7th, 2013 @ 9:46am CDT
Wow, that sounds like it will be horrible but awesome at the same time. A robot that turns into a train, a dragon, and a robot? Kinda sounds like something out of Power Rangers.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G26 Optimus EX Prime Triple Changer (1522327)
Posted by Noideaforaname on October 7th, 2013 @ 10:18am CDT
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G26 Optimus EX Prime Triple Changer (1522341)
Posted by GuyIncognito on October 7th, 2013 @ 11:29am CDT
Noideaforaname wrote:As awesome as a Dragon/Train/Combiber/not-a-truck-for-once-Optimus sounds, going by the other GO! molds it's probably going to look real awkward in just about every mode.

My thoughts exactly!
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G26 Optimus EX Prime Triple Changer (1522344)
Posted by Dead Metal on October 7th, 2013 @ 11:57am CDT
GuyIncognito wrote:

My thoughts exactly!

I would have gone with "this will suck donkey balls," but this works just as well.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G26 Optimus EX Prime Triple Changer (1522345)
Posted by Alpha Weltall on October 7th, 2013 @ 11:57am CDT
Seeing as to how every reviewer I've watched who has reviewed Kenzan and Gekisoumaru all swear that they can't combine together, it must mean that this new one is going to be the center piece that allows the other two to combine. They could add a piece to this new Optimus that allows the other two to combine as torso and legs so this could be the arms and head but that might be wishful thinking. Only time will tell or there's a store somewhere in Canada that will sell them early like they did with Pokemon X and Y...
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G26 Optimus EX Prime Triple Changer (1522346)
Posted by Alpha Weltall on October 7th, 2013 @ 11:58am CDT
:KREMZEEK:
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G26 Optimus EX Prime Triple Changer (1522348)
Posted by GuyIncognito on October 7th, 2013 @ 12:12pm CDT
Alpha Weltall wrote:Seeing as to how every reviewer I've watched who has reviewed Kenzan and Gekisoumaru all swear that they can't combine together, it must mean that this new one is going to be the center piece that allows the other two to combine.

Well yeah, that's exactly what it says above in the original post.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G26 Optimus EX Prime Triple Changer (1522352)
Posted by Down_Shift on October 7th, 2013 @ 12:30pm CDT
Hmmm I'm not sure how this will play out. It could be really cool, or really really awful.

I just hope it doesn't have the grandfather pants that the six go combiners do
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G26 Optimus EX Prime Triple Changer (1522360)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 7th, 2013 @ 1:16pm CDT

I can totally see this being a form taken by Optimus to fight Guren Dragotron during the Go! finale(s). :KREMZEEK: :michaelbay: :KREMZEEK: :michaelbay: :KREMZEEK:
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G26 Optimus EX Prime Triple Changer (1522365)
Posted by PrymeStriker on October 7th, 2013 @ 2:37pm CDT
This will be an interesting piece of work..
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G26 Optimus EX Prime Triple Changer (1522371)
Posted by Manterax Prime on October 7th, 2013 @ 3:08pm CDT

C'mon, 1st triple-changer Optimus Prime. How can you pass that up?
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G26 Optimus EX Prime Triple Changer (1522376)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on October 7th, 2013 @ 3:25pm CDT
Manterax Prime wrote:I don't care it it turns out looking like crap compared to other Primes, I'm getting this.

C'mon, 1st triple-changer Optimus. How can you pass that up?

In before "Optimal Optimus". :lol:

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G26 Optimus EX Prime Triple Changer (1522399)
Posted by Emerje on October 7th, 2013 @ 6:24pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Seriously tho, I'll wait until pics or a prototype shows up. If he indeed combines with Kenzan and Gekisoumaru, how would they be stacked? Who's bottom, who's top and who's the filling?

He has both a Samurai vehicle mode and a Ninja beast mode so I'm thinking Prime will always be in the middle, but come with a special head piece that can be used on both Kenzan and Gekisoumaru depending on who's on top. If the combined bots don't have dragon wings on their backs I'm going to be disapointed.

I'll be getting this either way. Just got Hishoumaru in the mail today and like him a lot more than I thought I would. Funky leg protrusions aside the Ninja team seems to have better made bot modes than the Samurai team. Hishoumaru's chest covers him well and doesn't look like his legs stretch up to his neck.

Emerje
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G26 Optimus EX Prime Triple Changer (1522402)
Posted by BeastProwl on October 7th, 2013 @ 6:52pm CDT
:shock:
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G26 Optimus EX Prime Triple Changer (1522410)
Posted by fenrir72 on October 7th, 2013 @ 7:18pm CDT