Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Hunter Optimus Prime Black Version Revealed

Tuesday, October 22nd, 2013 9:42AM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 18,145

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Courtesy of the Tag Hobbywe have our first images of Takara Tomy's upcoming black version of Transformers Go! Hunter Optimus Prime. A black redeco of the Transformer Prime Beast Hunters Voyager Optimus Prime with closed face plate, and apparently he's a Decepticon! Check out the new images mirrored below.

Transformers News: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Hunter Optimus Prime Black Version Revealed

Transformers News: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Hunter Optimus Prime Black Version Revealed

Transformers News: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Hunter Optimus Prime Black Version Revealed

Transformers News: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Hunter Optimus Prime Black Version Revealed
Credit(s): Tag Hobby
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Hunter Optimus Prime Black Version Revealed (1525214)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on October 22nd, 2013 @ 9:52am CDT
How is this mould to actually play with? Good/fun? I like the deco it's in.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Hunter Optimus Prime Black Version Revealed (1525217)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 22nd, 2013 @ 9:58am CDT
He's a Decepticon? Wonder what his story is.

And what his name might be. :-?
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Hunter Optimus Prime Black Version Revealed (1525218)
Posted by GuyIncognito on October 22nd, 2013 @ 10:00am CDT
MINDVVIPE wrote:How is this mould to actually play with? Good/fun? I like the deco it's in.


I think it's a good, fun mold. Good transformation and nicely articulated/posable bot. His guns/boosters and wings provide a lot of options for posing. I've noticed a LOT of customizers have repainted this mold.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Hunter Optimus Prime Black Version Revealed (1525220)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on October 22nd, 2013 @ 10:10am CDT
GuyIncognito wrote:
MINDVVIPE wrote:How is this mould to actually play with? Good/fun? I like the deco it's in.


I think it's a good, fun mold. Good transformation and nicely articulated/posable bot. I've noticed a LOT of customizers have repainted this mold.


I agree, though I keep my 2-pack one in Robot Mode most of the time, not that impressed with Vehicle Mode. The Hasbro version lacks paint in certain areas, the 2-pack one lacks them on the top of the windshields and the hilt of the Star Saber (but funnily enough, I'm not that bothered by that), but does have correctly colored side windows. :)

"Optimus Prime Black Version" or "Nemesis Prime"... Such a difference a name makes. That black repaint of Henkei Convoy pulled a fast one, may happen again. :-?
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Hunter Optimus Prime Black Version Revealed (1525222)
Posted by Mindmaster on October 22nd, 2013 @ 10:18am CDT
Oh, man, I would buy that so hard.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Hunter Optimus Prime Black Version Revealed (1525227)
Posted by Seibertron on October 22nd, 2013 @ 10:33am CDT
Looks awesome. Now, how about Optimus Prime with a slavish show accurate paint job with face shield Takara and Hasbro?
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Hunter Optimus Prime Black Version Revealed (1525234)
Posted by megatronus on October 22nd, 2013 @ 11:05am CDT
There go my plans to divest my Prime collection.

Seriously... now I HAVE to pick up Beast Hunters Prime to go with this magnificent specimen. Hopefully I'll be able to conjure the funds for regular & black Takara versions.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Hunter Optimus Prime Black Version Revealed (1525245)
Posted by kirbenvost on October 22nd, 2013 @ 12:09pm CDT
Well damn, that is a fine looking robot. Of course, it had to be a Takara release. Now that I've discovered the joys of HLJ I may pick it up, providing it's not some sort of exclusive. Fingers crossed. Because dang, that is a fine looking robot!
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Hunter Optimus Prime Black Version Revealed (1525251)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on October 22nd, 2013 @ 12:49pm CDT
Sold!! ;)^ :VEHI:
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Hunter Optimus Prime Black Version Revealed (1525262)
Posted by Venowtron on October 22nd, 2013 @ 1:34pm CDT
well if I know any thing,this is most likely Nemesis Prime

either way I'm getting it
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Hunter Optimus Prime Black Version Revealed (1525266)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 22nd, 2013 @ 1:45pm CDT
Venowtron wrote:well if I know any thing,this is most likely Nemesis Prime
Or Optimus undercover as a Decepticon.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Hunter Optimus Prime Black Version Revealed (1525269)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on October 22nd, 2013 @ 1:59pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Venowtron wrote:well if I know any thing,this is most likely Nemesis Prime
Or Optimus undercover as a Decepticon.


Like this guy:

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Hunter Optimus Prime Black Version Revealed (1525272)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on October 22nd, 2013 @ 2:13pm CDT
Black optimus prime sounds effing cool, simply coz it sounds like he's literally the black guy version, bitchslapping BB, and with a new mission focused solely on fembots. But nah, with the con symbol, its more nemesis prime, at least in name.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Hunter Optimus Prime Black Version Revealed (1525274)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on October 22nd, 2013 @ 2:21pm CDT
MINDVVIPE wrote:Black optimus prime sounds effing cool, simply coz it sounds like he's literally the black guy version, bitchslapping BB, and with a new mission focused solely on fembots. But nah, with the con symbol, its more nemesis prime, at least in name.


United Black Optimus Prime, as shown above, has :CON:, yet he's an Autobot undercover. :roll:
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Hunter Optimus Prime Black Version Revealed (1525275)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on October 22nd, 2013 @ 2:23pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
MINDVVIPE wrote:Black optimus prime sounds effing cool, simply coz it sounds like he's literally the black guy version, bitchslapping BB, and with a new mission focused solely on fembots. But nah, with the con symbol, its more nemesis prime, at least in name.


United Black Optimus Prime, as shown above, has :CON:, yet he's an Autobot undercover. :roll:

Yeah, which con won't recognize that typical truck and robot body, haha. Or which con would really believe he changed sides by his own free will. NO NO NOTHING ABOUT THIS SEEMS RIGHT AT ALL.

anyone have any idea how much this BH nemesis is gunna go for?
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Hunter Optimus Prime Black Version Revealed (1525278)
Posted by MightyMagnus78 on October 22nd, 2013 @ 2:47pm CDT
That head sculpt is sweet :x , wish they had put that on the original release.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Hunter Optimus Prime Black Version Revealed (1525283)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on October 22nd, 2013 @ 3:15pm CDT
Ok, you know what I'm calling Darkside here, right here and now! [-(
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Hunter Optimus Prime Black Version Revealed (1525285)
Posted by Manterax Prime on October 22nd, 2013 @ 3:19pm CDT
YES! FACEPLATE! Buying.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Hunter Optimus Prime Black Version Revealed (1525307)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 22nd, 2013 @ 4:30pm CDT
MINDVVIPE wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
MINDVVIPE wrote:Black optimus prime sounds effing cool, simply coz it sounds like he's literally the black guy version, bitchslapping BB, and with a new mission focused solely on fembots. But nah, with the con symbol, its more nemesis prime, at least in name.


United Black Optimus Prime, as shown above, has :CON:, yet he's an Autobot undercover. :roll:

Yeah, which con won't recognize that typical truck and robot body, haha. Or which con would really believe he changed sides by his own free will. NO NO NOTHING ABOUT THIS SEEMS RIGHT AT ALL.
Not unless Optimus just "claimed" to be an evil clone whilst undercover. ;)
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Hunter Optimus Prime Black Version Revealed (1525311)
Posted by STngAR on October 22nd, 2013 @ 4:45pm CDT
Ughhhh, paint it black and I have to get it. I don't understand :-?

:MAXIMAL:

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #144 - Don't Touch That Dial
Twincast / Podcast #144:
"Don't Touch That Dial"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, May 15th, 2016