Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Kenzan Videos Showing Electronic Lights and Sounds

Transformers News: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Kenzan Videos Showing Electronic Lights and Sounds

Sunday, June 16th, 2013 1:07AM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: LOST Cybertronian   Views: 16,411

Seibertron member Sabrblade has pointed us in the direction of 4 new videos showing off the electronic lights and sounds features of Transformers Go! Kenzan. These videos come to us courtesy of Youtube member D Tagoal. Brush up on your Japanese and check out the embedded videos below.

Credit(s): Youtube member D Tagoal
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Kenzan Videos Showing Electronic Lights and Sounds (1495718)
Posted by Ketchup on June 16th, 2013 @ 1:47am CDT
I really like this guy and whatever he is yelling in Japanese sounds awesome. I am pretty sure I will be getting him, but will probably hold out for the gift set later this year. I can't wait to see more pics of the Ninja team now.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Kenzan Videos Showing Electronic Lights and Sounds (1495738)
Posted by Mykltron on June 16th, 2013 @ 6:24am CDT
That video has put me right off.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Kenzan Videos Showing Electronic Lights and Sounds (1495739)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on June 16th, 2013 @ 6:32am CDT
Mykltron wrote:That video has put me right off.

Odd, it has done the opposite with me :x I could understand some of the Japanese, but I wonder if changing his position changes the sounds as well. In short, does Kenzan have the sounds for all three Sanjo Gattai?
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Kenzan Videos Showing Electronic Lights and Sounds (1495764)
Posted by craggy on June 16th, 2013 @ 9:29am CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Mykltron wrote:That video has put me right off.

that's a bit of a Super Sentai type idea, and going by how this thing appears to have some articulation, I don't think it's emulating those things. ;)

edit:I'm liking the light and sounds action. Zam Zam Suzie!
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Kenzan Videos Showing Electronic Lights and Sounds (1495791)
Posted by Samsonator on June 16th, 2013 @ 10:24am CDT
I've been getting Sentai Robo vibes from this lot since pics first started to surface, these videos have done nothing to dispell that. Not sure if that's a good thing or not, though.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Kenzan Videos Showing Electronic Lights and Sounds (1495805)
Posted by Black Hat on June 16th, 2013 @ 10:52am CDT
Gah, electronics. Meh.

Still, if it weren't for the flashing lights, the horrible sound quality and the laser noises I'd quite like it. The actual Japanese voice is awesome.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Kenzan Videos Showing Electronic Lights and Sounds (1495946)
Posted by Prime0080 on June 16th, 2013 @ 9:46pm CDT
Are these triple combiner sets cross-compatible? Does anyone know???

Because I'd rather just take my favorite bots from each set and combine those instead of paying for bots I'd rather not use or have.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Kenzan Videos Showing Electronic Lights and Sounds (1495948)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 16th, 2013 @ 9:50pm CDT
Prime0080 wrote:Are these triple combiner sets cross-compatible? Does anyone know???

Undetermined.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Kenzan Videos Showing Electronic Lights and Sounds (1495989)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on June 17th, 2013 @ 6:03am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:

Undetermined.

But as far as we can tell unlikely.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Kenzan Videos Showing Electronic Lights and Sounds (1496454)
Posted by Sodan-1 on June 19th, 2013 @ 4:47am CDT
It's a pretty impressive light-show, especially in combined mode. The voice bugs me. The character doesn't look like it should have that deep a voice, but it's probably a Japanese cultural thing I don't get. I like the samurai-themed Autobot logo. That's a nice little touch.

None of this is making me want to cough up for these though. Can't get past the aesthetics.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Kenzan Videos Showing Electronic Lights and Sounds (1496485)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 19th, 2013 @ 9:10am CDT
Sodan-1 wrote:It's a pretty impressive light-show, especially in combined mode. The voice bugs me. The character doesn't look like it should have that deep a voice, but it's probably a Japanese cultural thing I don't get.
It's a Leader thing. Leader characters in anime tend to have somewhat deep, powerful, serious sounding voices. And since Kenzan is the Team Leader, it'd make sense for him to sound that way.

Based on the video's we've seen, Jimbu sounds like he could be the youngest member of the Swordbot Samurai Team.

Then again, the last video we saw from the Tokyo Toy Show made Gekisomaru (at least, I think it was his voice) sound pretty young and easygoing, so he might be an exception to this.

Though, I could see Kenzan as the protagonist Autobot, so he might be seen as the main leader.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Kenzan Videos Showing Electronic Lights and Sounds (1496536)
Posted by craggy on June 19th, 2013 @ 1:17pm CDT
I likes em.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Kenzan Videos Showing Electronic Lights and Sounds (1497236)
Posted by El Duque on June 22nd, 2013 @ 1:37am CDT
Japanese toy blogger Alfes 2010 has gotten his hands on the first three figures in Takara Tomy's Transformers Go! line, the Swordbot Samurai team of G01 Kenzan, G02 Jinbu, and G03 Ganoh. As usual he's provided extensive galleries of each figure including their combined forms GoKenzan, GoJinbu, and GoGanoh.

Each figure comes with three collectors card depicting their respective vehicle, robot, and combined modes, and a separate combiner head and shoulders that can transform into a weapon. Kenzan features lights and sounds that work in all three combined modes.

We've mirrored some of the images below, but the full galleries can be found at the following links:

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Kenzan Videos Showing Electronic Lights and Sounds (1497244)
Posted by Alpha Weltall on June 22nd, 2013 @ 2:10am CDT
If I ever get these they'll be displayed with the fire truck on top. Not only is that the best looking one overall despite the overly thin legs, it looks like it can use the police cars combiner arms/robot legs as a secondary set of arms. It also looks as though you can use the jets regular robot arms as a third set on top of that. Six armed super combiner. :michaelbay:
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Kenzan Videos Showing Electronic Lights and Sounds (1497253)
Posted by Gearslide on June 22nd, 2013 @ 3:09am CDT
So the three configurations are glowing boobs, glowing tummy, or glowing crotch.

That's the Japanese for you. :P
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Kenzan Videos Showing Electronic Lights and Sounds (1497255)
Posted by Arctorro on June 22nd, 2013 @ 3:17am CDT
The more I see of them, the less I like them... I just can't help feeling that these guys are a step backwards from RiD's Team Bullet Train.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Kenzan Videos Showing Electronic Lights and Sounds (1497265)
Posted by Mykltron on June 22nd, 2013 @ 4:40am CDT
I have now lost interest. The gestalts seem to have non turning heads, which is normally a deal breaker for me. Apart from that they just look a mess. They've been too ambitious with this and my opinion is that they've failed.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Kenzan Videos Showing Electronic Lights and Sounds (1497274)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on June 22nd, 2013 @ 5:50am CDT
Now that I think about it, I think Kenzan does have the electronics for all three combos. The combiner head pieces (which are proper named kabuto or "helmets") have different lengths, but they all end where Kenzan is in the configuration. In short, it seems different sounds are triggered by a certain kabuto. I like the helmets actually, another Brave throwback, to the "Met On" gimmick of Fighbird and Guardion.

With C.O.N.S. coming up, maybe they'll be available for sale... crap. :(
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Kenzan Videos Showing Electronic Lights and Sounds (1497275)
Posted by RhA on June 22nd, 2013 @ 6:05am CDT
I like 'em. The price is steep, though.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Kenzan Videos Showing Electronic Lights and Sounds (1497285)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on June 22nd, 2013 @ 7:52am CDT
RhA wrote:The price is steep, though.

What do you expect? They're Voyagers, one even had electronics. :)

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers Prime AM-10 Bulkhead Takara Action Figure Action Figure RID - Time Remaining: 7 days 19 hours 7 minutes 16 seconds
TRANSFORMERS Dark of the Moon MechTech THUNDERCRACKER G1 Figure Moc FREE S/H - Time Remaining: 21 days 17 hours 14 minutes 45 seconds
Transformers G2 G1 JETSTORM Complete Loose Vintage 1990s Figure - Time Remaining: 14 days 11 hours 4 seconds
Transformers AOE Age of Extinction Voyager Class Grimlock TRU Evolution 2-Pack - Time Remaining: 8 days 5 hours 5 minutes 37 seconds
NEW  Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Optimus Prime Figure - Time Remaining: 1 day 12 hours 23 minutes 40 seconds
Transformers Movie Deluxe Decepticon Swindle (2007). - Time Remaining: 6 days 2 hours 34 minutes 30 seconds
TRANSFORMERS Generation 1 Autobot SINNERTWIN Action Figure Toy 1987 G1 COMPLETE - Time Remaining: 6 days 20 hours 56 minutes 48 seconds
TRANSFORMERS Generation 1 Autobot SURESHOT Action Figure Toy 1987 G1 COMPLETE - Time Remaining: 6 days 20 hours 56 minutes 33 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #160 - Grappling with Memory