Takara Tomy Transformers Go! OVA Promo Clip

Transformers News: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! OVA Promo Clip

Thursday, June 13th, 2013 8:49AM CDT

Category: Cartoon News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 16,444

The Takara Tomy YouTube channel has just uploaded a short video clip to promote their upcoming Transformers Go! animation. The series will be released as supplemental DVD's with TV Boy Magazine. The story revolves around the Autobot Samurai and Ninja teams left on Earth to track down and capture Predacons with the help of their human companions. Check out the clip below!

Credit(s): Takara Tomy

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! OVA Promo Clip (1494897)
Posted by VirusCarnage on June 13th, 2013 @ 9:04am CDT
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! OVA Promo Clip (1494903)
Posted by RAcast on June 13th, 2013 @ 9:19am CDT
Those poor samurai battle reenactors, they must be scared out of their minds. :lol:
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! OVA Promo Clip (1494904)
Posted by griftimus prime on June 13th, 2013 @ 9:24am CDT
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! OVA Promo Clip (1494905)
Posted by RAcast on June 13th, 2013 @ 9:29am CDT
griftimus prime wrote:the lion and shark toy bot modes are pretty weak. the shark more so. all of the combined forms suck.

I personally find the derpy beast modes endearing. :lol: And the combined forms for the Beast bots should be a bit more promising.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! OVA Promo Clip (1494909)
Posted by Dr Va'al on June 13th, 2013 @ 9:37am CDT
RAcast wrote:

It's a fat shark, what's not to love? :D
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! OVA Promo Clip (1494913)
Posted by hinomars19 on June 13th, 2013 @ 10:09am CDT
Is that silhouette an anime style Predaking? :shock:
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! OVA Promo Clip (1494916)
Posted by RAcast on June 13th, 2013 @ 10:23am CDT
Va'al wrote:
RAcast wrote:

It's a fat shark, what's not to love? :D

Precisely! :BOT:
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! OVA Promo Clip (1494919)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 13th, 2013 @ 10:27am CDT
OMGTHATLOOKSSOFREAKINGAWESOOOOOOME!!!

And this confirms it. The two teams are not simple the "Samurai Team" and "Shinobi Team", but the "Swordbot Samurai Team" and "Swordbot Shinobi Team".

I am now officially psyched for this series! It looks freakin' AMAZING!

Sanjō Gattai! Go-Kenzan!
Sanjō Gattai! Go-Jinbu!
Sanjō Gattai! Go-Gan'ō

:KREMZEEK: :michaelbay: =P~ 8) :D :KREMZEEK: :michaelbay: =P~ 8) :D :KREMZEEK: :michaelbay: =P~ 8) :D :KREMZEEK: :michaelbay: =P~ 8) :D

hinomars19 wrote:Is that silhouette an anime style Predaking?
Looks more like it could be Gaidōra, to me.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! OVA Promo Clip (1494925)
Posted by Che on June 13th, 2013 @ 10:48am CDT
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! OVA Promo Clip (1494926)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 13th, 2013 @ 10:50am CDT
Che wrote:Ok, I need to ask, what the hell a car is doing in the middle of what seems to be an ancient battle field? :???:
Time travel, perhaps?

Or the battle could be a reenactment.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! OVA Promo Clip (1494927)
Posted by RAcast on June 13th, 2013 @ 10:51am CDT

Yeah, no clue. I'd say it's safe to assume, from the humans' clothing, that it takes place in modern day/future... I'd wager that was just for effect, what with them being the "Samurai" and "Shinobi" teams.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! OVA Promo Clip (1494935)
Posted by gothsaurus on June 13th, 2013 @ 11:23am CDT
I have to say, the animation looks really nice! :APPLAUSE: Even throwing out the fact that it's a "filler" series... and thrown together as a mish-mash of half Beast Hunters, and half ninja/samurai bots. I'd totally watch this. Will have to ask around to hunt for some way to view it as it's airing.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! OVA Promo Clip (1494940)
Posted by dragons on June 13th, 2013 @ 11:46am CDT
viruscarnage wrote:Animation doesn't look as bad as I initially predicted but I don't plan on watching it.

you live in japan? you lucky

series looks predaking now has bot mode intersting like to see more of this series if its any good watch it somehow having cgi mixed with 2d animation is good mix maybe bots will move more smoothly than enrgeon/cybertron seies bots did
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! OVA Promo Clip (1494962)
Posted by hinomars19 on June 13th, 2013 @ 12:45pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
hinomars19 wrote:Is that silhouette an anime style Predaking?
Looks more like it could be Gaidōra, to me.

Gaidōra doesn't have wings and a tail-axe weapon. :-(
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! OVA Promo Clip (1494963)
Posted by Coptur on June 13th, 2013 @ 12:49pm CDT
I wonder if this is set before prime? As it looked like fuedal japan bit hey I could be wrong lol
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! OVA Promo Clip (1494975)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 13th, 2013 @ 1:22pm CDT
hinomars19 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
hinomars19 wrote:Is that silhouette an anime style Predaking?
Looks more like it could be Gaidōra, to me.

Gaidōra doesn't have wings and a tail-axe weapon. :-(
Right, sorry. Forgot that Gaidōra was the Lazerback remold instead of the Ripclaw remold. :oops:
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! OVA Promo Clip (1495001)
Posted by Mindmaster on June 13th, 2013 @ 2:33pm CDT
Wow, now that's some animation! :shock: :APPLAUSE:
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! OVA Promo Clip (1495101)
Posted by Sodan-1 on June 13th, 2013 @ 8:06pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
hinomars19 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
hinomars19 wrote:Is that silhouette an anime style Predaking?
Looks more like it could be Gaidōra, to me.

Gaidōra doesn't have wings and a tail-axe weapon. :-(

Don't think it's the Ripclaw design either. I do believe it is Predaking; the heavily segmented tail with the single blade at the end, the chunky lower legs, and the skirt armour and forearms blasters of the Ultimate class figure.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! OVA Promo Clip (1495223)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on June 14th, 2013 @ 10:14am CDT
Huh, interesting. It seems like the Samurai and Shinobi teams take traditionalism to a whole new level with the Kanji, the name of their fighting style and their dialects:

Kenzan: 緊急二刀流 (kinkyunitouryu) "Emergency Two-Sword Style"
Jinbu: 超空長刀流 (choukuuchoutouryu) "Transcending Longsword Style"
Gan'Ou: 消防突撃流 (shouboutotsugekiryu) "Fire Fighting Assault Style"

Furhtermore, the big Kanji in the background all relate to their name (and their associated Arms Micron):

Kenzan: 斬 (zan) Cut, Slash
Jinbu: (迅 (jin) Rapid, Swift
Gan'ou (巌 (gan) Boulder (that was hard to figure out)

Thank my online Japanese and Kanji Dictionaries for those. :)
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! OVA Promo Clip (1495387)
Posted by Mkall on June 14th, 2013 @ 7:11pm CDT
Looks pretty good. I hope there'll be a dubbed version somewhere so I can [strike]watch[/strike] understand.

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #144 - Don't Touch That Dial