Transformers News: Takara Tomy Transformers: Lost Age Movie Advanced Dinobot Micron Campaign Details

Sunday, July 13th, 2014 10:11AM CDT

Categories: Live Action Movie News, Toy News
Posted by: Dr Va'al   Views: 32,421

An update to a piece of news we reported a while back, from Takara Tomy's Lost Age Movie Advanced Line Dinobot Micron Gift Campaign. The four translucent gummy dinos Microns, named after the initial coded retailer names for the Dinobots, will be given for free as of July 19th with any purchase of 3000 Yen or more on Transformers toys at selected stores, broken down as follows:

• Ivan - Orange Classics Terrorsaur, Toys R Us Japan exclusive;

• Paulie - Blue Classics Swoop, Aeon exclusive. Available with the purchase of one of the three, LA-01 Battle Command Optimus Prime, AD-01 Optimus Prime or AD-20 Black Knight Grimlock;

• Thunderlips - Purple Classics Knockdown, Joshin Kids Land exclusive;

• Sling - Green and yellow Classics Nightscream, Edieon toy counter, Best Denki, Yamada Denki and Yodobashi Camera exclusive.

Credit(s): Takara Tomy
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers: Lost Age Movie Advanced Dinobot Micron Campaign Details (1590338)
Posted by Mkall on July 13th, 2014 @ 11:41am CDT
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers: Lost Age Movie Advanced Dinobot Micron Campaign Details (1590349)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on July 13th, 2014 @ 12:13pm CDT
Mkall wrote:I would've had more interest if they weren't simply transparent plastics. If they were actually painted I might've gotten them.

Their faces seem to be painted. :)
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers: Lost Age Movie Advanced Dinobot Micron Campaign Details (1590352)
Posted by Yweggo on July 13th, 2014 @ 12:22pm CDT
Heh, I want Thunderlips just so I can tell people "His name is Thunderlips."
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers: Lost Age Movie Advanced Dinobot Micron Campaign Details (1590381)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 13th, 2014 @ 2:41pm CDT
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers: Lost Age Movie Advanced Dinobot Micron Campaign Details (1590387)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on July 13th, 2014 @ 2:59pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Sling is the only one whose name isn't from one of the Rocky movie codenames, so he's extra special. ;)

...because he's not based on any of the AoE Dinbots at all (unless one can see a dragon in the movie). :lol: I'll hazard a guess as say they choose the name "Sling" because it starts with "S", is one syllable, and it's been used before for a "Dino" (actually a Dimetrodon) in Beast Wars Neo. The other candidate would be "Saberback" from the same line, were it not for its 3 syllables.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers: Lost Age Movie Advanced Dinobot Micron Campaign Details (1590396)
Posted by Blackstreak on July 13th, 2014 @ 3:34pm CDT
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers: Lost Age Movie Advanced Dinobot Micron Campaign Details (1590400)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 13th, 2014 @ 3:38pm CDT
Blackstreak wrote:And how do I get a set if these in America? I hope this is available through online purchases also.
I'm sure places like TFSource and BBTS will try to get a hold of some of these to sell themselves.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers: Lost Age Movie Advanced Dinobot Micron Campaign Details (1590406)
Posted by soundwave14 on July 13th, 2014 @ 4:18pm CDT
Has the AD08 Battle Blade Bumblebee been released yet?

I would really be interested in getting this.

I can see it is sold out wherever I look but not sure if this is pre-order items.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers: Lost Age Movie Advanced Dinobot Micron Campaign Details (1590408)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on July 13th, 2014 @ 4:23pm CDT
soundwave14 wrote:Has the AD08 Battle Blade Bumblebee been released yet?

I would really be interested in getting this.

All items up to AD17 Darkside Soundwave have been released, with AD08 Bumblebee having been released in May.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers: Lost Age Movie Advanced Dinobot Micron Campaign Details (1590446)
Posted by Zeedust on July 13th, 2014 @ 6:14pm CDT
Thunderlips? Seriously? Wow. That's right up there with Drill Nuts..

I still say there was a better option than the dragon. After all, there's a wolf mini-con and there's wolves in AOE, so why not fill out the set that way instead?
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers: Lost Age Movie Advanced Dinobot Micron Campaign Details (1590471)
Posted by griftimus prime on July 13th, 2014 @ 6:56pm CDT
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers: Lost Age Movie Advanced Dinobot Micron Campaign Details (1590475)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 13th, 2014 @ 7:00pm CDT
griftimus prime wrote:so the advanced line is just the name for the takara line of age of extinction figures?
Yep. "Movie Advanced Series" = Takara's release of the Age of Extinction Generations figures.

And "Lost Age Series" = Takara's release of the Age of Extinction simplified toys.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers: Lost Age Movie Advanced Dinobot Micron Campaign Details (1590491)
Posted by OptimalOptimus2 on July 13th, 2014 @ 7:33pm CDT
Yweggo wrote:Heh, I want Thunderlips just so I can tell people "His name is Thunderlips."

How funny. I'm guessing he's named Thunderlips since he's good at kissing. :lol:
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers: Lost Age Movie Advanced Dinobot Micron Campaign Details (1590492)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 13th, 2014 @ 7:35pm CDT
OptimalOptimus2 wrote:

You'll have to ask Hulk Hogan about that one. ;)
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers: Lost Age Movie Advanced Dinobot Micron Campaign Details (1590579)
Posted by Dr Va'al on July 14th, 2014 @ 4:17am CDT
Courtesy of Seibertron.com user and YouTube reviewer chuckdawg1999, we get a look at another figure from the Takara Tomy Lost Age Movie Advanced line - and it's one of the cheating ones, brought back from the Movie Line that wasn't: Darkside Soundwave, already a Soudblaster-esque repaint of DotM Soundwave! Check out the embedded clip below.

chuckdawg1999 wrote:A new coat of paint doesn't change that this is a cool looking figure with a horrible transformation. Robot and vehicle mode looks great like we've come to expect from Takara/Tomy. Keep in mind that while the Mech-Tech ports are still there, there isn't a weapon included.

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers: Lost Age Movie Advanced Dinobot Micron Campaign Details (1590582)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on July 14th, 2014 @ 4:27am CDT
No weapon? Is that because he got it this way, or is it the official release?

Either way, it suck big time. I'll keep my money.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers: Lost Age Movie Advanced Dinobot Micron Campaign Details (1590688)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on July 14th, 2014 @ 1:59pm CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:No weapon? Is that because he got it this way, or is it the official release?

Either way, it suck big time. I'll keep my money.

The figure didn't come with a weapon which is a shame since it was one of the best Mech Tech weapons. I've heard the Advanced Wheeljack will be the same, none of Que's weapons included.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers: Lost Age Movie Advanced Dinobot Micron Campaign Details (1590736)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on July 14th, 2014 @ 5:05pm CDT
chuckdawg1999 wrote:

Either way, it suck big time. I'll keep my money.

Now, that's just bullshit.
I bet they want us to pay an extra 20$ for one of those "special edition" Mechtech weapons. :BANG_HEAD:

I mean, not even a random gun or something? The figures just come naked? Is it just me or Takara are starting to get cheap?
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers: Lost Age Movie Advanced Dinobot Micron Campaign Details (1590738)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 14th, 2014 @ 5:30pm CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:

Either way, it suck big time. I'll keep my money.

Now, that's just bullshit.

I think it has more to do with the MechTech gimmick of the DOTM line no longer being a thing. And many people did hate them, in general.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers: Lost Age Movie Advanced Dinobot Micron Campaign Details (1590742)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on July 14th, 2014 @ 5:37pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:

Either way, it suck big time. I'll keep my money.

Now, that's just bullshit.

Overquoting to say that fine, no Mechtech, but at least some gun, any gun to go with them. For the price you pay, no gun at all, gimmick or not, is really "scroogy".

Ending Soon On eBay

TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE CLASSICS GENERATIONS ULTRA MAGNUS FIGURE OF SKYWARP 2-PACK - Time Remaining: 1 day 22 hours 13 minutes 34 seconds
Transformers Titans Return Brainstorm Walgreens Exclusive Figure IN HAND - Time Remaining: 26 days 1 hour 16 minutes 33 seconds
Transformers 0 Gold Shockwave 1:100 INCENTIVE VARIANT IDW 2005 RARE - Time Remaining: 8 days 3 hours 3 minutes 14 seconds
Transformers Megatron Animated Leader Decepticon Shadow Blade Version New Sealed - Time Remaining: 7 days 2 hours 22 minutes 18 seconds
Transformers  Robots in Disguise Scourge Toys R Us Exclusive 2002 Hasbro - Time Remaining: 7 days 22 hours 55 minutes 4 seconds
original G1 Transformers WEAPONS PARTS LOT #105 Perceptor Sideswipe Red Alert - Time Remaining: 7 days 13 hours 40 minutes 4 seconds
DR WU Rain Storm add-on for Transformers Generations Voyager Autobot Springer - Time Remaining: 1 day 22 hours 25 minutes 2 seconds
Hasbro Transformers AOE Evasion Mode Optimus Prime, complete with weapon - Time Remaining: 2 days 41 minutes 58 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #160 - Grappling with Memory