Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Takara Tomy Transformers: Lost Age Premier Edition Optimus Prime

Transformers News: Takara Tomy Transformers: Lost Age Premier Edition Optimus Prime

Tuesday, February 4th, 2014 1:45PM CST

Categories: Movie News, Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 23,740

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

The Takara Tomy Transformers Facebook page has put up a placeholder image of their Transformers: Lost Age Premier Edition Optimus Prime, their take on the recently released Transformers: Age of Extinction First Edition Optimus Prime. These images are the same as the ones used by Hasbro except in reverse position, so we won't know if they've altered the deco for their release until additional images are released.

Transformers News: Takara Tomy Transformers: Lost Age Premier Edition Optimus Prime
Credit(s): Takara Tomy
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers: Lost Age Premier Edition Optimus Prime (1547951)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on February 4th, 2014 @ 1:55pm CST
Same mold, but shiny paint instead of chrome maybe?
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers: Lost Age Premier Edition Optimus Prime (1547952)
Posted by Dead Metal on February 4th, 2014 @ 1:56pm CST
Looks like it doesn't feature stupid amounts of chrome, mock up looks a little better than the Hasbro deco. But not by much.
Again, if you remove the shells and just use the bot-mode it would make quite a nice action figure.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers: Lost Age Premier Edition Optimus Prime (1547955)
Posted by megatronus on February 4th, 2014 @ 2:02pm CST
I enjoy this deco infinitely more than the First Edition deco.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers: Lost Age Premier Edition Optimus Prime (1547970)
Posted by omega666 on February 4th, 2014 @ 2:56pm CST
Oooo! Now with MORE photoshop!
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers: Lost Age Premier Edition Optimus Prime (1547986)
Posted by Seibertron on February 4th, 2014 @ 3:53pm CST
Those are the same images as Hasbro's. The robot mode image is just reversed.

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... ase/29304/

Image

And those images were used on the back of the box ...

Image
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers: Lost Age Premier Edition Optimus Prime (1548010)
Posted by Emerje on February 4th, 2014 @ 5:43pm CST
Really want to see how it (either US or Japanese version) compares to the normal retail Leader class figure shown at NYCC. This one probably has a more accurate (if there's such a thing) transformation, but the other one has way less back kibble.

Emerje
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers: Lost Age Premier Edition Optimus Prime (1548012)
Posted by Seibertron on February 4th, 2014 @ 5:57pm CST
Emerje wrote:Really want to see how it (either US or Japanese version) compares to the normal retail Leader class figure shown at NYCC. This one probably has a more accurate (if there's such a thing) transformation, but the other one has way less back kibble.

Emerje


The one shown at NYCC was more along the lines of a large Voyager Class figure. Hasbro was calling it a Leader Class figure at NYCC, but I have a feeling that it was a mis-communication and that it was indeed a Leader or Ultra Class sized figure. All should be revealed in about 11 days at Toy Fair 2014.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers: Lost Age Premier Edition Optimus Prime (1548393)
Posted by Manterax Prime on February 6th, 2014 @ 1:15pm CST
So apparently Twitter User Akira T 2716 managed to get a picture of the Lost Age Premier Edition Optimus. And.........

It's the same damn toy
Image
Akira T 2716's twitter: https://twitter.com/872Aki
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers: Lost Age Premier Edition Optimus Prime (1548397)
Posted by GuyIncognito on February 6th, 2014 @ 1:27pm CST
It's the same toy... but with extra Photoshop!

Never trust "official" promotional images; only in-hand photos.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers: Lost Age Premier Edition Optimus Prime (1548399)
Posted by Manterax Prime on February 6th, 2014 @ 1:29pm CST
GuyIncognito wrote:It's the same toy... but with extra Photoshop!

Never trust "official" promotional images; only in-hand photos.


Oh, I'm sorry. Last I check, it wasn't a stock photo, it was the figure on display in a glass case. So as you can see, same damn toy. No differences at all.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers: Lost Age Premier Edition Optimus Prime (1548400)
Posted by Dead Metal on February 6th, 2014 @ 1:33pm CST
Manterax Prime wrote:So apparently Twitter User Akira T 2716 managed to get a picture of the Lost Age Premier Edition Optimus. And.........

It's the same damn toy
Image
Akira T 2716's twitter: https://twitter.com/872Aki

Fail
Well, looks like Takra's whole line of "more realistic decos" is full of shit then.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers: Lost Age Premier Edition Optimus Prime (1548412)
Posted by Seibertron on February 6th, 2014 @ 2:20pm CST
Manterax Prime wrote:So apparently Twitter User Akira T 2716 managed to get a picture of the Lost Age Premier Edition Optimus. And.........

It's the same damn toy
Image
Akira T 2716's twitter: https://twitter.com/872Aki


Which follows the trend, for the most part, with previous Transformers Movie Universe toys.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers: Lost Age Premier Edition Optimus Prime (1548417)
Posted by GuyIncognito on February 6th, 2014 @ 2:46pm CST
Manterax Prime wrote:
GuyIncognito wrote:It's the same toy... but with extra Photoshop!

Never trust "official" promotional images; only in-hand photos.


Oh, I'm sorry. Last I check, it wasn't a stock photo, it was the figure on display in a glass case. So as you can see, same damn toy. No differences at all.


That was my point: that photos like the one YOU posted are the only kind that can be trusted, as opposed to the 'shopped promotional image that started this thread. I was saying that the toy in the promo image was "the same toy, but with extra Photoshop added".
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers: Lost Age Premier Edition Optimus Prime (1549470)
Posted by Manterax Prime on February 10th, 2014 @ 1:03pm CST
Has been revealed by TF YUKI to be the same figure the AOE First Edition Optimus Prime
Image

TF YUKI's Twitpic: http://twitpic.com/photos/TFYUKI?page=1
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers: Lost Age Premier Edition Optimus Prime (1549475)
Posted by Va'al on February 10th, 2014 @ 1:18pm CST
Thanks to Seibertron.com user Manterax Prime and the TF Yuki Twitter account, we get a look at the Takara Tomy version of the Age of Extinction (Lost Age in Japan) Premier Edition Leader Class Optimus Prime. Another Twitter user, Akira TF also posted an image a couple of days ago, revealing the figure to have no discernible differences from its Hasbro counterpart (click here for the full gallery). Check them out below!

Image

Image
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers: Lost Age Premier Edition Optimus Prime (1549483)
Posted by craggy on February 10th, 2014 @ 1:41pm CST
Dead Metal wrote:
Manterax Prime wrote:So apparently Twitter User Akira T 2716 managed to get a picture of the Lost Age Premier Edition Optimus. And.........

It's the same damn toy
Image
Akira T 2716's twitter: https://twitter.com/872Aki

Fail
Well, looks like Takra's whole line of "more realistic decos" is full of shit then.

well, you've obviously never seen a transforming alien robot that changes into a truck and rips faces off! clearly, both Takara and Hasbro have, and both thought they looked like shite.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers: Lost Age Premier Edition Optimus Prime (1549507)
Posted by Amelie on February 10th, 2014 @ 3:15pm CST
craggy wrote:well, you've obviously never seen a transforming alien robot that changes into a truck and rips faces off! clearly, both Takara and Hasbro have, and both thought they looked like shite.


I nearly lost my tea through my nose reading that. :lol:

Maybe its the start of Hasbro and Takara sharing manufacturing? That way they can both bring production costs down by doing one mass production, instead of doing wildly different versions? Has\Tak can just slap paint on in slightly different places to give collectors the "choice".... or maybe Takara are just being cheap with their Optimi-Kart toy?
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers: Lost Age Premier Edition Optimus Prime (1549514)
Posted by Dead Metal on February 10th, 2014 @ 3:39pm CST
craggy wrote:
Dead Metal wrote:
Manterax Prime wrote:So apparently Twitter User Akira T 2716 managed to get a picture of the Lost Age Premier Edition Optimus. And.........

It's the same damn toy
Image
Akira T 2716's twitter: https://twitter.com/872Aki

Fail
Well, looks like Takra's whole line of "more realistic decos" is full of shit then.

well, you've obviously never seen a transforming alien robot that changes into a truck and rips faces off! clearly, both Takara and Hasbro have, and both thought they looked like shite.

:lol:
That is one of the best replies I've had in a while.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers: Lost Age Premier Edition Optimus Prime (1549519)
Posted by GuyIncognito on February 10th, 2014 @ 3:52pm CST
To be more accurate, this transforming alien robot doesn't change into a truck; he carries a folded-up truck on his back and hides inside it.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers: Lost Age Premier Edition Optimus Prime (1549520)
Posted by autobot1979 on February 10th, 2014 @ 3:52pm CST
I will keep my eyes open when we get accurate toys I will spend my money. I am an adult collector, I want accuracy to the film and complicated transformatios. This is what make me enjoy transformers. The complexity of the toy.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers: Lost Age Premier Edition Optimus Prime (1549530)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on February 10th, 2014 @ 4:49pm CST
MOTHER OF ALL BACK KIBBLE!

Man, that's quite a disapointment. I can accept some backpack but this is ridiculous. Also, massive shellforming going on here. Oh, I know, this is:
TORTOISE PRIME!
Paint it in green like that other one and we're all set.
At least, the truck mode is awesome.

One thing for sure, is I WILL buy it anyway. However, I'll wait for the innevitable 30$ sale.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers: Lost Age Premier Edition Optimus Prime (1549545)
Posted by Rated X on February 10th, 2014 @ 5:39pm CST
Will skids and mudflap eject from that huge backpack ? Now we know where they have been hiding...
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers: Lost Age Premier Edition Optimus Prime (1549564)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 10th, 2014 @ 7:02pm CST
Apparently "Premiere Edition" = "First Edition".

Also, Alfes 2010 posted more pics of it - http://higekumatoytoy.blog60.fc2.com/blog-entry-2180.html
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers: Lost Age Premier Edition Optimus Prime (1549591)
Posted by autobot1979 on February 10th, 2014 @ 8:38pm CST
I think it still comiing others versions ,, we need just wait
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers: Lost Age Premier Edition Optimus Prime (1549611)
Posted by reluctantyouth on February 10th, 2014 @ 9:48pm CST
It has been less than a week since I got this figure and the chrome is already rubbing off the grill and all over the back of his legs. I'm an adult collector and this is a slap in the face. :-x I paid the premium and hoped for the best but have contact Hasbro for a return label and refund. This is the first figure I will be sending back to Hasbro. They promised a full refund and I will use the money toward hopefully better figures down the line or when the Masterpiece Smokescreen hits TRU.

~reluctantyouth~
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers: Lost Age Premier Edition Optimus Prime (1549612)
Posted by Manterax Prime on February 10th, 2014 @ 9:51pm CST
reluctantyouth wrote:It has been less than a week since I got this figure and the chrome is already rubbing off the grill and all over the back of his legs. I'm an adult collector and this is a slap in the face. :-x I paid the premium and hopes for the best but have contact Hasbro for a return label and refund. This is the first figure I will be sending back to Hasbro. They promised a full refund and I will use the money toward hopefully better figures down the line or when the Masterpiece Smokescreen hits TRU.

~reluctantyouth~


If you bought it from Amazon how will Hasbro give you a refund? Hasbro doesn't even have it up for sale on HTS yet, so I'm pretty sure only Amazon can give you a refund if you really want it.
Also, you're complaining over chrome wearing off? That happens on a lot of things with chrome.

You should've expected it.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers: Lost Age Premier Edition Optimus Prime (1549644)
Posted by noctorro on February 10th, 2014 @ 11:45pm CST
Wow, chrome already coming off? That sounds pretty bad.

Hopefully the regular version has those parts metalic or just a nice dark grey.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers: Lost Age Premier Edition Optimus Prime (1549687)
Posted by reluctantyouth on February 11th, 2014 @ 7:53am CST
Manterax Prime wrote:
reluctantyouth wrote:It has been less than a week since I got this figure and the chrome is already rubbing off the grill and all over the back of his legs. I'm an adult collector and this is a slap in the face. :-x I paid the premium and hopes for the best but have contact Hasbro for a return label and refund. This is the first figure I will be sending back to Hasbro. They promised a full refund and I will use the money toward hopefully better figures down the line or when the Masterpiece Smokescreen hits TRU.

~reluctantyouth~


If you bought it from Amazon how will Hasbro give you a refund? Hasbro doesn't even have it up for sale on HTS yet, so I'm pretty sure only Amazon can give you a refund if you really want it.
Also, you're complaining over chrome wearing off? That happens on a lot of things with chrome.

You should've expected it.




I was expecting it :-B ...not just 4 days after receiving it :-x . No one has touched the figure but me. Unless I have acid coming out of my pores...this should not have happened so quickly. Hasbro is going to issue me a refund as I have a reference number and they have a pre paid shipping label on it's way to me as well.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers: Lost Age Premier Edition Optimus Prime (1549711)
Posted by what0080 on February 11th, 2014 @ 9:50am CST
The ONE TIME Hasbro and TakaraTomy are on the same page with figure paints and deco...it had to be THIS figure... :BANG_HEAD:
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers: Lost Age Premier Edition Optimus Prime (1549729)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 11th, 2014 @ 10:42am CST
what0080 wrote:The ONE TIME Hasbro and TakaraTomy are on the same page with figure paints and deco...it had to be THIS figure... :BANG_HEAD:
The "ONE" time? Most of their movie toys have been identical releases ever since the first movie. Only a handful have been different between the two companies.
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #98 - Combiner Wars
Twincast / Podcast #98:
"Combiner Wars"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Thursday, August 14th, 2014