Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Transformers News: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-10B Black Convoy

Thursday, March 14th, 2013 8:36AM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 26,205

Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-10B Black Convoy
Credit(s): Shogo Hasui
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-10B Black Convoy (1471685)
Posted by #Sideways# on March 14th, 2013 @ 9:07am CDT
Takara Guy: Guys! The fans want a re-release of Masterpiece Optimus!

Other Takara Guy: Well we certainly cannot put something that would be a complete re-release.

Takara Guy: Then what will we do?

Other Takara Guy:

Apparently this was their thought process. Not to say it doesn't look good, it's just that this should be something else, like, oh I dunno, final battle Optimus with awesome paint-apps minus the black dot that was supposed to be where he was shot? I mean... Kind of meh.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-10B Black Convoy (1471691)
Posted by mooncake623 on March 14th, 2013 @ 9:27am CDT
I like it. I think I will buy this.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-10B Black Convoy (1471692)
Posted by Sideswipe 00 on March 14th, 2013 @ 9:31am CDT
I have yet to buy any of the masterpieces...not that I don't want to and that I don't have the money...oh wait i bought Thundercracker on a whim because I was upset that Toys R Us didn't have Optimus...Oh and I haev Grimlock because he is just awesome and I preordered him from ToysRUs.com for $50 xD But no Optimus... :sad: I rather not pay over $100 for him either x3
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-10B Black Convoy (1471705)
Posted by metaphorge on March 14th, 2013 @ 10:46am CDT
I'm trying not to want this.

I am failing.

I really want a trailer for it in vehicle mode. I wonder if some third party will oblige me.

What I REALLY want, however, is a Masterpiece Robots in Disguise Scourge.

I could see this happening eventually, too (obviously preceded by a Masterpiece G2 Laser Prime).

I'm sure it will be awhile, but I'm betting Takara will make it happen eventually (especially if they pop out a Masterpiece G2 tank Megatron....
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-10B Black Convoy (1471708)
Posted by AutoBorst on March 14th, 2013 @ 10:56am CDT
Saw that one coming miles away.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-10B Black Convoy (1471715)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 14th, 2013 @ 11:14am CDT
Sure does look nice.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-10B Black Convoy (1471738)
Posted by Shadowstream on March 14th, 2013 @ 1:04pm CDT
I do wish they'd have tried something different with the repaint scheme for once...
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-10B Black Convoy (1471803)
Posted by Sinnertwin on March 14th, 2013 @ 5:43pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Sure does look nice.

I agree.
Didn't we see this in one of the first MP Soundwave review about 2 months ago. His name escapes me, but didn't he place it next to Soundwave briefly as a comparison?
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-10B Black Convoy (1471818)
Posted by Stormrider on March 14th, 2013 @ 6:43pm CDT
Is he being sold with his trailer?
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-10B Black Convoy (1471820)
Posted by Va'al on March 14th, 2013 @ 6:52pm CDT
Stormrider wrote:Is he being sold with his trailer?

Nope.

El Duque wrote:Takara Tomy designer Shogo Hasui has tweeted an image of their upcoming Transformers Masterpiece MP-10B Convoy. This version of the Masterpiece Convoy 2.0 mold features the popular black deco, but does not come with a trailer. Check out the image mirrored below.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-10B Black Convoy (1471849)
Posted by Bounti76 on March 14th, 2013 @ 9:13pm CDT
Beautiful figure....if it came with a trailer I'd bite.

Also, I'm guessing since this is a Japanese exclusive that that's the reason why this isn't "Masterpiece Nemesis Prime".
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-10B Black Convoy (1471854)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 14th, 2013 @ 9:27pm CDT
Bounti76 wrote:Beautiful figure....if it came with a trailer I'd bite.

TakaraTomy doesn't use the U.S. names on Masterpiece figures (or on Encore figures).
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-10B Black Convoy (1471868)
Posted by VioMeTriX on March 14th, 2013 @ 10:25pm CDT
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-10B Black Convoy (1471888)
Posted by Sinnertwin on March 15th, 2013 @ 12:30am CDT
VioMeTriX wrote:everyone is worried about the damn trailer... well if you have mp-10 use that trailer, that way you have robot mode and truck mode in one display. otherwise it would be 300 like mp-10 with the trailer.

The trailer with the Autobot logo smack bang in the middle of it? Dont give the robot an identity crisis or anything ;)
I prefer no trailer anyway. Cheaper and i display it in robot mode.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-10B Black Convoy (1471995)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on March 15th, 2013 @ 2:11pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Bounti76 wrote:Beautiful figure....if it came with a trailer I'd bite.

At least the ones that are based on their 1985-1992 Generation One line. The "reimaginings" like United and Generations do use the US names however.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-10B Black Convoy (1472011)
Posted by KNM2012 on March 15th, 2013 @ 2:50pm CDT
#Sideways# wrote:Takara Guy: Guys! The fans want a re-release of Masterpiece Optimus!

Takara Guy: Then what will we do?

Other Takara Guy:

To be honest, this is the official debut piece of Black Convoy (Nemesis Prime) when it comes to the Takara G1 continuity. This excludes Alternity's Convoy (Super Black) and the "USA Editions" Nemesis Prime (a repaint of Big Convoy). That, and even then, Rodimus Convoy and "Animated" Rodimus Prime each received a "Black" (i.e. "Dark") incarnation.

So in all cases, when they did this, they decided to make a "Dark" incarnation of Convoy... Not a second "Black Version". ;)
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-10B Black Convoy (1472089)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 15th, 2013 @ 10:56pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Bounti76 wrote:Beautiful figure....if it came with a trailer I'd bite.

That's not what I said.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-10B Black Convoy (1472117)
Posted by VioMeTriX on March 16th, 2013 @ 6:52am CDT
I read the post you put that in, it is exactly what you said... not that the one line is anything diabolical or mean.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-10B Black Convoy (1472140)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on March 16th, 2013 @ 10:36am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Bounti76 wrote:Beautiful figure....if it came with a trailer I'd bite.

That's not what I said.

Just in before "But United, Generations and Super GT are G1 too and they use US names!" :lol: Wasn't meant to correct you or anything.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-10B Black Convoy (1472275)
Posted by Stormrider on March 16th, 2013 @ 9:21pm CDT
KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:

Takara Guy: Then what will we do?

Other Takara Guy:

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-10B Black Convoy (1472277)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 16th, 2013 @ 9:29pm CDT
Stormrider wrote:Not sure if I am following you. There was a Black Convoy Binaltech that had a Decepticon symbol. Same deco
He means chronologically in a fictional sense. If this Black Convoy were to appear in any G1 fiction, he'd probably appear at a pre-2003 point in the timeline (since Binaltech Black Convoy first appeared after 2003 and in a splinter timeline).
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-10B Black Convoy (1472379)
Posted by Stormrider on March 17th, 2013 @ 12:30pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:

Thanks. Now I understand.
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #106 - McCarthyism