Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-19 Smokescreen Packaging and Collectors' Coin Images

Transformers News: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-19 Smokescreen Packaging and Collectors' Coin Images

Tuesday, December 10th, 2013 10:36PM CST

Category: Sponsor News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 13,818

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Site sponsor Robotkingdom brings us packaging shots of Takara Tomy's eagerly awaited Transformers Masterpiece MP-19 Smokescreen along with looks at his exclusive collectors' coin. According to Robotkingdom these will start shipping on the 14th!

Transformers News: Re: Official images of Masterpiece Prowl, Smokescreen and Streak (Bluestreak)

Transformers News: Re: Official images of Masterpiece Prowl, Smokescreen and Streak (Bluestreak)

Transformers News: Re: Official images of Masterpiece Prowl, Smokescreen and Streak (Bluestreak)

Transformers News: Re: Official images of Masterpiece Prowl, Smokescreen and Streak (Bluestreak)

Transformers News: Re: Official images of Masterpiece Prowl, Smokescreen and Streak (Bluestreak)

Transformers News: Re: Official images of Masterpiece Prowl, Smokescreen and Streak (Bluestreak)
Credit(s): Robotkingdom
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-19 Smokescreen Packaging and Collectors' Coin Images (1534415)
Posted by TimothyR on December 10th, 2013 @ 10:45pm CST
man i SERIOUSLY CANNOT WAIT FOR THIS!

i'm super excited to complete the trio.

i really hope we get a look at magnus, bumblebee, or wheeljack once smokescreen is released.. it's weird that once smokescreen comes out we won't have any photos of upcoming masterpiece figures.

for the longest time it's just felt like we've constantly had figures made, pictured, and waiting in line for release. after smokescreen.. everything seems up in the air. hell, for all we know bumblebee and wheeljack might not be real (though i'm sure they are)
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-19 Smokescreen Packaging and Collectors' Coin Images (1534418)
Posted by megatronus on December 10th, 2013 @ 11:00pm CST
TimothyR wrote:man i SERIOUSLY CANNOT WAIT FOR THIS!

i'm super excited to complete the trio.

i really hope we get a look at magnus, bumblebee, or wheeljack once smokescreen is released.. it's weird that once smokescreen comes out we won't have any photos of upcoming masterpiece figures.

for the longest time it's just felt like we've constantly had figures made, pictured, and waiting in line for release. after smokescreen.. everything seems up in the air. hell, for all we know bumblebee and wheeljack might not be real (though i'm sure they are)

I wouldn't start worrying just yet. If G2 Sideswipe releases and still nothing... that's probably a good time to freak out.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-19 Smokescreen Packaging and Collectors' Coin Images (1534429)
Posted by xyl360 on December 10th, 2013 @ 11:43pm CST
megatronus wrote:If G2 Sideswipe releases and still nothing... that's probably a good time to freak out.

Or not. It's entirely possible that Takara doesn't want to advertise next year's MPs until next year and that could be the reason for the lack of pics and info. Come January I bet we start seeing more about Bumblebee, Wheeljack and Ultra Magnus (plus whoever the fourth MP for next year will be (Megatron 2.0 anyone ;)?).

Of course that fourth MP is probably just Cliffjumper, not that that's really a bad thing. I just really want a proper MP Megs :P.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-19 Smokescreen Packaging and Collectors' Coin Images (1534456)
Posted by Cyberpath on December 11th, 2013 @ 3:59am CST
I totally get it. Not that I'm not looking forward to that sweet Smokescreen figure, but I'm getting a little desperate for some MP-Bumblebee updates myself. (As you can probably tell by the Throttlebot pic.)

And lets hope that the line won't lose steam or get cancelled before they knock out a proper Megatron counterpart to the MP-10!
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-19 Smokescreen Packaging and Collectors' Coin Images (1534490)
Posted by megatronus on December 11th, 2013 @ 8:30am CST
Cyberpath wrote:I totally get it. Not that I'm not looking forward to that sweet Smokescreen figure, but I'm getting a little desperate for some MP-Bumblebee updates myself. (As you can probably tell by the Throttlebot pic.)

And lets hope that the line won't lose steam or get cancelled before they knock out a proper Megatron counterpart to the MP-10!

Let's hope the MP line doesn't get cancelled before they pump out the '84 lineup!
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-19 Smokescreen Packaging and Collectors' Coin Images (1534922)
Posted by Cyberpath on December 13th, 2013 @ 4:22am CST


Shogo Hasui: "This is the back of the robot mode MP-19 Smokescreen. Movement of the waist will be limited to some extent, but those who lowered down the roof as shown in the photograph is close to the design of some anime." (Google Translate)

Referring to Smokes' back in the cartoon, which was different than Prowl & Bluestreak's. It always reminded me of a t-shirt tied around a waist.





"Various logos drawn on the body of the MP smoke screen, selected based on the words derived from the character of his and, resembling the silhouette logo was drawn to the car that was the foundation of the design. SLOT FEVER is personal favorite." (Google Translate)





"It is a comparison between robot mode of the old toy and MP-19 Smokescreen to be released tomorrow at last. In MP, such as hand-held gun or relocate the tire shoulder and Canon head, shoulder, has become a form of closer to the shape of the anime more." (Google Translate)
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-19 Smokescreen Packaging and Collectors' Coin Images (1534925)
Posted by Autobot032 on December 13th, 2013 @ 4:44am CST
Sebertron.com member Cyberpath shared with us a link containing new images of the upcoming Masterpiece Smokescreen and designer Shogo Hasui's thoughts and comments on the figure.

Here's what Cyberpath shared:

Cyberpath wrote:

Shogo Hasui: "This is the back of the robot mode MP-19 Smokescreen. Movement of the waist will be limited to some extent, but those who lowered down the roof as shown in the photograph is close to the design of some anime." (Google Translate)

Referring to Smokes' back in the cartoon, which was different than Prowl & Bluestreak's. It always reminded me of a t-shirt tied around a waist.





"Various logos drawn on the body of the MP smoke screen, selected based on the words derived from the character of his and, resembling the silhouette logo was drawn to the car that was the foundation of the design. SLOT FEVER is personal favorite." (Google Translate)






"It is a comparison between robot mode of the old toy and MP-19 Smokescreen to be released tomorrow at last. In MP, such as hand-held gun or relocate the tire shoulder and Canon head, shoulder, has become a form of closer to the shape of the anime more." (Google Translate)
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-19 Smokescreen Packaging and Collectors' Coin Images (1534946)
Posted by Sideshow Sideswipe on December 13th, 2013 @ 8:26am CST
Can someone mirror the images? PLEEEEEEEZ
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-19 Smokescreen Packaging and Collectors' Coin Images (1534996)
Posted by EagleTron on December 13th, 2013 @ 11:56am CST
Bring on Mp Bumblebee and Mp Wheeljack pics. Where they at? That car mode for Smokes looks real good. The best out of the three. The robot mode is least out of the three. Still contemplating on who should I take out the packaging for display, mp Prowl or mp Bluestreak. I would have bought this Smokescreen if Takara didn't make one of his brothers.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-19 Smokescreen Packaging and Collectors' Coin Images (1535015)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on December 13th, 2013 @ 12:57pm CST
Sideshow Sideswipe wrote:Can someone mirror the images? PLEEEEEEEZ


The news post should be mirrored now
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-19 Smokescreen Packaging and Collectors' Coin Images (1535025)
Posted by kirbenvost on December 13th, 2013 @ 1:39pm CST
Darn, this confirms he doesn't have the regular launchers like the other two. Oh well, dopey-looking shoulder cannons it is, then! I should start calling him Dopescreen. :lol: He does look a little better posed as opposed to just standing, though. His car mode is totally awesome, so I'll probably keep him like that most of the time anyway.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-19 Smokescreen Packaging and Collectors' Coin Images (1535033)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 13th, 2013 @ 2:05pm CST
kirbenvost wrote:Darn, this confirms he doesn't have the regular launchers like the other two. Oh well, show-accurate shoulder cannons it is, then!
Fixed that for ya. ;)
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-19 Smokescreen Packaging and Collectors' Coin Images (1535101)
Posted by Cyberpath on December 13th, 2013 @ 5:48pm CST
Smokes is ready to ship. :)

His robot mode looks the way it's supposed to, quite true to the cartoon model.







They did a good job adjusting Smokes from Prowl. I'm still kind of hoping they'll tweak Red Alert just a little bit more.. white thighs, slightly more accurate weapons, but mostly, the shoulders and arms. (Still awesome though!)

EagleTron wrote:Bring on Mp Bumblebee and Mp Wheeljack pics. Where they at? That car mode for Smokes looks real good. The best out of the three. The robot mode is least out of the three. Still contemplating on who should I take out the packaging for display, mp Prowl or mp Bluestreak. I would have bought this Smokescreen if Takara didn't make one of his brothers.
Both. :)
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-19 Smokescreen Packaging and Collectors' Coin Images (1535108)
Posted by Neo Optimus Prime on December 13th, 2013 @ 6:22pm CST
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6DS3QTnZjE

Hi all, here's my review of MP-19 Smokescreen for those of you who want to see more of the actual toy before you decide whether to get him. Cheers! =)
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-19 Smokescreen Packaging and Collectors' Coin Images (1535129)
Posted by Stormrider on December 13th, 2013 @ 7:53pm CST
Cyberpath wrote:Smokes is ready to ship. :)

His robot mode looks the way it's supposed to, quite true to the cartoon model.







They did a good job adjusting Smokes from Prowl. I'm still kind of hoping they'll tweak Red Alert just a little bit more.. white thighs, slightly more accurate weapons, but mostly, the shoulders and arms. (Still awesome though!)

EagleTron wrote:Bring on Mp Bumblebee and Mp Wheeljack pics. Where they at? That car mode for Smokes looks real good. The best out of the three. The robot mode is least out of the three. Still contemplating on who should I take out the packaging for display, mp Prowl or mp Bluestreak. I would have bought this Smokescreen if Takara didn't make one of his brothers.
Both. :)


Wonder if the next MP figure hint will be posted in Smokescreen's instructions.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-19 Smokescreen Packaging and Collectors' Coin Images (1535131)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 13th, 2013 @ 7:56pm CST
Stormrider wrote:Wonder if the next MP figure hint will be posted in Smokescreen's instructions.
Has that happened before? :???:
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-19 Smokescreen Packaging and Collectors' Coin Images (1535214)
Posted by El Duque on December 14th, 2013 @ 9:58am CST
Thanks to site sponsor Kapow! Toys we have some great in-hand images of Takara Tomy's Transformers Masterpiece MP-19 Smokescreen! Enjoy the images mirrored below.

Transformers MP19 Masterpiece Smokescreen























Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-19 Smokescreen Packaging and Collectors' Coin Images (1535228)
Posted by TreyTable on December 14th, 2013 @ 12:45pm CST
I could have done without the "Smoke Tactics" branding on the sides of the rear quarter panels. Also, is it just me, or does the 'non-helmet' type head look a bit odd? It's growing on me, but all the same..?
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-19 Smokescreen Packaging and Collectors' Coin Images (1535232)
Posted by hinomars19 on December 14th, 2013 @ 1:07pm CST
Does this mean he'll be shipping from Kapow soon? I was a real twit and ordered Blue Streak and Smokescreen together meaning I have had to wait for both :sad:
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-19 Smokescreen Packaging and Collectors' Coin Images (1535233)
Posted by MGrotusque on December 14th, 2013 @ 1:11pm CST
He's the best of the 3 as far as i'm concerned. I'd almost buy him at the right price.

Ending Soon On eBay

Motormaster NM 100% Complete 1986 Vintage Hasbro G1 Transformers w/ Manual - Time Remaining: 5 days 6 hours 1 minute
Transformers ROTF Optimus Prime and Jet Fire Leader Class with Boxes Hasbro 2008 - Time Remaining: 12 days 1 hour 5 minutes 53 seconds
TakaraTomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-28 Hot Rod MP9 Target Master Rodimus coin - Time Remaining: 4 days 18 hours 57 minutes 59 seconds
Transformers Platinum Edition Blitzwing Astrotrain Triple Changer Set Decepticon - Time Remaining: 6 days 12 hours 13 minutes 43 seconds
Transformers Megatron Track Jacket Size XL Hasbro 2007 Logo Decepticon movie gun - Time Remaining: 4 days 16 hours 45 minutes 39 seconds
Transformers CYBERVERSE movie dark exclusive bumblebee soundwave rodimus prime - Time Remaining: 4 days 16 hours 52 minutes 52 seconds
Transformers Animated Deluxe Class BLURR Complete Hasbro - Time Remaining: 11 days 21 hours 56 minutes 29 seconds
Transformers Cybertron Leader Class Megatron 2005 Action Figure - Time Remaining: 4 days 12 hours 57 minutes 33 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #149 - Titans Arrive
Twincast / Podcast #149:
"Titans Arrive"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, July 10th, 2016