Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece Star Saber Discussion Thread - More Size Comparison Images

Wednesday, August 27th, 2014 7:19AM CDT

Categories: Toy News, People News
Posted by: Dr Va'al   Views: 26,217

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Once again coming at us from Hisashi Yuki on Twitter, we get some comparison shots of the third part of the prototype for Masterpiece Star Saber - and it's Yuuki no Brain, Brainmaster of Courage! Check out the images showing the tiny figure alongside its predecessors and some other size comparisons.

Transformers News: Takara Tomy Transformers MP-25 Masterpiece Star Saber Discussion Thread - More Size Comparison Image

Transformers News: Takara Tomy Transformers MP-25 Masterpiece Star Saber Discussion Thread - More Size Comparison Image

Transformers News: Takara Tomy Transformers MP-25 Masterpiece Star Saber Discussion Thread - More Size Comparison Image

Transformers News: Takara Tomy Transformers MP-25 Masterpiece Star Saber Discussion Thread - More Size Comparison Image
Credit(s): TFYuki
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece Star Saber Discussion Thread - More Size Comparison Images (1602258)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 27th, 2014 @ 7:33am CDT
Good gravy! That brain is microscopic! The size of a Diaclone driver! This is like Smallest Transformers levels of tininess! :shock:
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece Star Saber Discussion Thread - More Size Comparison Images (1602263)
Posted by Powered Convoy on August 27th, 2014 @ 8:02am CDT
Va'al wrote:Once again coming at us from Hideashi Yuki on Twitter, we get some comparison shots of the third part of the prototype for MP-25 Star Saber - and it's Yuuki no Brain, Brainmaster of Courage! Check out the images showing the tiny figure alongside its predecessors and some other size comparisons.


TFYuki is Hisashi Yuki, not Hideashi Yuki.

Also, when did MP Star Saber get the designation of MP-25? We still don't know what designation he'll get as far as I've heard. Ultra Magnus is MP-22. Granted we don't know if Star Saber will be MP-23 or something higher yet, but last I heard he wasn't stated to have a number yet.

Randy
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece Star Saber Discussion Thread - More Size Comparison Images (1602265)
Posted by hinomars19 on August 27th, 2014 @ 8:18am CDT
Why? Why remind me how much I wish I had diaclone drivers! These images are cruel :sad:

It really is interesting to see how everything is sizing up! I want this sucker badly :KREMZEEK:
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece Star Saber Discussion Thread - More Size Comparison Images (1602276)
Posted by Destron MP1B on August 27th, 2014 @ 9:03am CDT
Really cool.

*Smallest TF's are the WST line, specifically, Bumble Bee or Ravage, lol.
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 88c6c0a6d6

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 2363_n.jpg
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece Star Saber Discussion Thread - More Size Comparison Images (1602298)
Posted by Kibble on August 27th, 2014 @ 10:40am CDT
Powered Convoy wrote:
Va'al wrote:Once again coming at us from Hideashi Yuki on Twitter, we get some comparison shots of the third part of the prototype for MP-25 Star Saber - and it's Yuuki no Brain, Brainmaster of Courage! Check out the images showing the tiny figure alongside its predecessors and some other size comparisons.


TFYuki is Hisashi Yuki, not Hideashi Yuki.

Also, when did MP Star Saber get the designation of MP-25? We still don't know what designation he'll get as far as I've heard. Ultra Magnus is MP-22. Granted we don't know if Star Saber will be MP-23 or something higher yet, but last I heard he wasn't stated to have a number yet.

Randy


I was wondering where MP-25 came from as well... For all we know, it could have its own numbering system like the movie 'MP' figures. But if site staff know something we don't, then who the hell is MP-23 & 24? Spill it!
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece Star Saber Discussion Thread - More Size Comparison Images (1602303)
Posted by Counterpunch on August 27th, 2014 @ 11:51am CDT
This is the best. >:oP
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece Star Saber Discussion Thread - More Size Comparison Images (1602304)
Posted by Madeus Prime on August 27th, 2014 @ 12:12pm CDT
Kibble wrote:
Powered Convoy wrote:
Va'al wrote:Once again coming at us from Hideashi Yuki on Twitter, we get some comparison shots of the third part of the prototype for MP-25 Star Saber - and it's Yuuki no Brain, Brainmaster of Courage! Check out the images showing the tiny figure alongside its predecessors and some other size comparisons.


TFYuki is Hisashi Yuki, not Hideashi Yuki.

Also, when did MP Star Saber get the designation of MP-25? We still don't know what designation he'll get as far as I've heard. Ultra Magnus is MP-22. Granted we don't know if Star Saber will be MP-23 or something higher yet, but last I heard he wasn't stated to have a number yet.

Randy


I was wondering where MP-25 came from as well... For all we know, it could have its own numbering system like the movie 'MP' figures. But if site staff know something we don't, then who the hell is MP-23 & 24? Spill it!


I'm getting a bad feeling that MP-23 is the brainmaster unit, MP-24 is Saber, with MP-25 being Starsaber.

Anyway, I think we'll be seeing a Victory Leo and possibly a Dai Atlas in the distant future.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece Star Saber Discussion Thread - More Size Comparison Images (1602309)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 27th, 2014 @ 12:54pm CDT
Madeus Prime wrote:I'm getting a bad feeling that MP-23 is the brainmaster unit, MP-24 is Saber, with MP-25 being Starsaber.
They wouldn't give separate components of a single Masterpiece release individual ID numbers. When Rumble and Jaguar were packaged together, they were both given a single ID number of MP-15. Likewise for Frenzy and Buzzsaw together as a 2-pack being MP-16.

As far as can be told, the "MP-25" thing is incorrect (no offense intended towards the news crew).
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece Star Saber Discussion Thread - More Size Comparison Images (1602312)
Posted by VioMeTriX on August 27th, 2014 @ 1:04pm CDT
it really is sad that with a flagship masterpiece figure, the brain master has the pose ability of an 80's action master toy. and weve seen some small transformers with mad articulation...
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece Star Saber Discussion Thread - More Size Comparison Images (1602314)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 27th, 2014 @ 1:07pm CDT
VioMeTriX wrote:it really is sad that with a flagship masterpiece figure, the brain master has the pose ability of an 80's action master toy. and weve seen some small transformers with mad articulation...
It's not like the brain is even supposed to do anything anyway. It's not even a person; just the core component of Star Saber that goes into his chest.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece Star Saber Discussion Thread - More Size Comparison Images (1602328)
Posted by megatronus on August 27th, 2014 @ 2:12pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
VioMeTriX wrote:it really is sad that with a flagship masterpiece figure, the brain master has the pose ability of an 80's action master toy. and weve seen some small transformers with mad articulation...
It's not like the brain is even supposed to do anything anyway. It's not even a person; just the core component of Star Saber that goes into his chest.

No offense, but that's a really, really sorry excuse.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece Star Saber Discussion Thread - More Size Comparison Images (1602332)
Posted by Powered Convoy on August 27th, 2014 @ 2:44pm CDT
The figure is teeny tiny. Any joints beyond what it has is likely to make it extremely fragile.

Randy
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece Star Saber Discussion Thread - More Size Comparison Images (1602339)
Posted by Dr Va'al on August 27th, 2014 @ 3:11pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Madeus Prime wrote:I'm getting a bad feeling that MP-23 is the brainmaster unit, MP-24 is Saber, with MP-25 being Starsaber.
They wouldn't give separate components of a single Masterpiece release individual ID numbers. When Rumble and Jaguar were packaged together, they were both given a single ID number of MP-15. Likewise for Frenzy and Buzzsaw together as a 2-pack being MP-16.

As far as can be told, the "MP-25" thing is incorrect (no offense intended towards the news crew).


All of that, including the name, are the result of a very tired me typing early in the morning. Apologies!
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece Star Saber Discussion Thread - More Size Comparison Images (1602340)
Posted by Agamemnon on August 27th, 2014 @ 3:20pm CDT
Va'al wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Madeus Prime wrote:I'm getting a bad feeling that MP-23 is the brainmaster unit, MP-24 is Saber, with MP-25 being Starsaber.
They wouldn't give separate components of a single Masterpiece release individual ID numbers. When Rumble and Jaguar were packaged together, they were both given a single ID number of MP-15. Likewise for Frenzy and Buzzsaw together as a 2-pack being MP-16.

As far as can be told, the "MP-25" thing is incorrect (no offense intended towards the news crew).


All of that, including the name, are the result of a very tired me typing early in the morning. Apologies!

Awww, we still love you, Va'al!! :BOWDOWN:
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece Star Saber Discussion Thread - More Size Comparison Images (1602368)
Posted by Flashwave on August 27th, 2014 @ 6:39pm CDT
VioMeTriX wrote:it really is sad that with a flagship masterpiece figure, the brain master has the pose ability of an 80's action master toy. and weve seen some small transformers with mad articulation...


You're talking about something that is half as tall and half as wide as the Armada minicon Ramjet figure. This is a fgurine that would be the right size to fit onto a HotWheels car, or an HO scale model train. Which is 1/87th of your size. To put it bluntly, and with as much sarcasm as possible:

The hell else do you want?? :P
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece Star Saber Discussion Thread - More Size Comparison Images (1602385)
Posted by fenrir72 on August 27th, 2014 @ 8:33pm CDT
Given the size,I don't think it will be feasible to give the Brain of Courage full articulation. It's like hoping that the "Spike" figure in MP-10 to have the same features (which will rack up the costs)
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece Star Saber Discussion Thread - More Size Comparison Images (1602389)
Posted by OptimalOptimus2 on August 27th, 2014 @ 9:17pm CDT
Should I be worried that the Brainmaster is very small?
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece Star Saber Discussion Thread - More Size Comparison Images (1602390)
Posted by megatronus on August 27th, 2014 @ 9:19pm CDT
fenrir72 wrote:Given the size,I don't think it will be feasible to give the Brain of Courage full articulation. It's like hoping that the "Spike" figure in MP-10 to have the same features (which will rack up the costs)

I think the Spike argument is less fair, given the existence of Dr Wu's Partners.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece Star Saber Discussion Thread - More Size Comparison Images (1602498)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on August 28th, 2014 @ 12:32pm CDT
megatronus wrote:
fenrir72 wrote:Given the size,I don't think it will be feasible to give the Brain of Courage full articulation. It's like hoping that the "Spike" figure in MP-10 to have the same features (which will rack up the costs)

I think the Spike argument is less fair, given the existence of Dr Wu's Partners.


SNAP! :shock: He broke... Darn, he was so small! :sad:
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece Star Saber Discussion Thread - More Size Comparison Images (1602549)
Posted by fenrir72 on August 28th, 2014 @ 5:35pm CDT
megatronus wrote:
fenrir72 wrote:Given the size,I don't think it will be feasible to give the Brain of Courage full articulation. It's like hoping that the "Spike" figure in MP-10 to have the same features (which will rack up the costs)

I think the Spike argument is less fair, given the existence of Dr Wu's Partners.


Dr. Wu is a 3rd party company, those guys can charge as much as they want. They aren't tied up as much as Tomy has to deal with costs despite the typical stereotype against multinationals/big corporations short selling us.

Remember how there were such big plans for UM? But costs was the primary concern in one of the interviews released.

And one thing, just what else can you add to such a wee wee figure? Head articulation? Remember, he already carries the face/brainmaster gimmick etc.

Besides, if I/you have Starsaber now, I'd be playing with his default/super mode over the Brainmaster.