Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron Orion Pax Image

Transformers News: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron Orion Pax Image

Sunday, October 14th, 2012 11:08AM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 19,729

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Courtesy of the Takara Tomy twitter feed we have an in-hand image of their upcoming Bic Camera/Joshin exclusive Orion Pax. The figure is repaint of Deluxe Class First Edition Optimus Prime with a gold chrome plated version of the R.A. Micron. Take a look at the figure below.

Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron Orion Pax Image
Credit(s): Takara Tomy
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron Orion Pax Image (1430271)
Posted by Alex Jones on October 14th, 2012 @ 12:03pm CDT
hmmm.. Voyager OP or Deluxe OP?
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron Orion Pax Image (1430272)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on October 14th, 2012 @ 12:08pm CDT
Lousy_Autobot_Lover wrote:hmmm.. Voyager OP or Deluxe OP?


Deluxe, that one was never released in Japan.

To me, the only appeal is the Gold Metal R.A., as anyone can buy a Deluxe Prime and slap :CON: on him for Orion Pax :lol: Thankfully, not the same dilemma as I have with FE Megatron vs. AM Megatron.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron Orion Pax Image (1430273)
Posted by Overcracker on October 14th, 2012 @ 12:09pm CDT
It was already confirmed as being thew Deluxe OP. Since its never been released in Japan.

The picture confirms its the deluxe, the chest is a dead giveaway.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron Orion Pax Image (1430275)
Posted by Alex Jones on October 14th, 2012 @ 12:15pm CDT
Actually i was talking about which is better Voayger powerizer or this version of the Deluxe
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron Orion Pax Image (1430278)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on October 14th, 2012 @ 12:23pm CDT
Lousy_Autobot_Lover wrote:Actually i was talking about which is better Voayger powerizer or this version of the Deluxe


First Edition Voyager, no contest. If it helps, the Deluxe has a similar transformation. The RiD Voyager has its merits, but the grey chest and the grey parts on the shoulders ultimately knocks a few points off. Battle Shield Optimus is the best use of the Powerizer, but o so rare...

And if you're getting the Deluxe, get the Entertainment Pack one. Cheaper, plus you can sell off Megs if need be.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron Orion Pax Image (1430294)
Posted by Overcracker on October 14th, 2012 @ 1:05pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Lousy_Autobot_Lover wrote:Actually i was talking about which is better Voayger powerizer or this version of the Deluxe


First Edition Voyager, no contest. If it helps, the Deluxe has a similar transformation. The RiD Voyager has its merits, but the grey chest and the grey parts on the shoulders ultimately knocks a few points off. Battle Shield Optimus is the best use of the Powerizer, but o so rare...

And if you're getting the Deluxe, get the Entertainment Pack one. Cheaper, plus you can sell off Megs if need be.


Agreed on all counts.

FE is still the better version. Though regular Voyager isn't all that bad, and there are plenty of versions of him so you can easily find one.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron Orion Pax Image (1430333)
Posted by XDMan on October 14th, 2012 @ 2:18pm CDT
A very decent figure, indeed!
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Lousy_Autobot_Lover wrote:hmmm.. Voyager OP or Deluxe OP?


Deluxe, that one was never released in Japan.

To me, the only appeal is the Gold Metal R.A., as anyone can buy a Deluxe Prime and slap :CON: on him for Orion Pax :lol: Thankfully, not the same dilemma as I have with FE Megatron vs. AM Megatron.
Actually, it was released there, like always and it originated there in Japan, like all TF toys!
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron Orion Pax Image (1430337)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on October 14th, 2012 @ 2:26pm CDT
XDMan wrote:Actually, it was released there, like always and it originated there in Japan, like all TF toys!


If you're talking about the Deluxe Prime, he actually was Hasbro-only for a while ;) Orion Pax is the first TakaraTomy release of the mold as Japan never got the Entertainment Pack, just Deluxe Megatron on his own.

Speaking of which, my dilemma with Megatron is that I want both the Arms Micron and the original Fusion Cannon. Maybe I should just get both figures, but that won't work with my planned organisation! :BANG_HEAD:
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron Orion Pax Image (1430340)
Posted by ThePrimeFollower on October 14th, 2012 @ 2:43pm CDT
Hmm it looks interesting since i don't have any verisons of the deleuxe FE prime but i'm not a fan of the Arms Micron oh well just have to wait and see.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron Orion Pax Image (1430366)
Posted by RazorSlash92 on October 14th, 2012 @ 5:17pm CDT
Sorry to say, but this is the laziest attempt at a redeco I've ever seen. Is there actually any difference besides the Decepticon insignia?
They could have AT LEAST given him a resculpted head, without a mouthplate.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron Orion Pax Image (1430382)
Posted by Diem on October 14th, 2012 @ 7:11pm CDT
RazorSlash92 wrote:Sorry to say, but this is the laziest attempt at a redeco I've ever seen. Is there actually any difference besides the Decepticon insignia?
They could have AT LEAST given him a resculpted head, without a mouthplate.


Well it's a figure that never got released in Japan, so there's no point to an extensive redeco.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron Orion Pax Image (1430383)
Posted by RazorSlash92 on October 14th, 2012 @ 7:13pm CDT
Hm, true, I suppose. But, still, why not just release the regular version in Japan, THEN make the Orion Pax redeco?

Or perhaps that would be too costly. I truly don't know much of what I'm talking about.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron Orion Pax Image (1430500)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on October 15th, 2012 @ 5:21am CDT
RazorSlash92 wrote:Hm, true, I suppose. But, still, why not just release the regular version in Japan, THEN make the Orion Pax redeco?

Or perhaps that would be too costly. I truly don't know much of what I'm talking about.


The Deluxe Prime did not fit in TakaraTomy's original release plans, you could say he was "excess". For First Edition, there's the Voyager already and for Megatron the Deluxe from the 2-pack. For Arms Micron, we have the PRiD Voyager for Prime, but in a clever move, TakaraTomy reused the Deluxe Megatron, and then released the Voyager for his return in the show.

In short, TakaraTomy works in logical, but funny, ways 8-}
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #101 - Talkin' 'Bout My Generations
Twincast / Podcast #101:
"Talkin' 'Bout My Generations"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, September 21st, 2014