Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron Thundercracker and Orion Pax Image

Transformers News: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron Thundercracker and Orion Pax Image

Friday, September 21st, 2012 7:54AM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 14,223

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

The CyberGundam blog has posted a small image from Figure King 176 of Takara Tomy's upcoming Transformers Prime Arms Micron Thundercracker and Orion Pax. Both are First Edition repaints, Thundercracker being a redeco of First Edition Starscream and Orion Pax a reuse of First Edition Deluxe Optimus Prime, which will hopefully feature Decepticon faction symbols.

We've mirrored the image below.

Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron Thundercracker and Orion Pax Image
Credit(s): Cybergundam Blog, daimchoc
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron Thundercracker and Orion Pax Image (1422457)
Posted by GuyIncognito on September 21st, 2012 @ 7:57am CDT
Orion Pax is... a red and blue repaint of OP? Am I missing something?
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron Thundercracker and Orion Pax Image (1422460)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on September 21st, 2012 @ 8:01am CDT
GuyIncognito wrote:Orion Pax is... a red and blue repaint of OP? Am I missing something?


He's the first release of the Deluxe Prime mold in Japan. In the show, Optimus had temporary memory loss, called himself Orion Pax as a result, and was entranced by Megatron. Hence the possibility of a :CON: on his shoulder which did appear in the show.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron Thundercracker and Orion Pax Image (1422467)
Posted by Hip-Hoptimus Rime on September 21st, 2012 @ 8:15am CDT
I assume that these will be available through BBTS or one of the other online stores. I must have that Thundercracker. Any ideas on what the cost shipped to the US might be, those of you who have bought this sort of thing before? Thx.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron Thundercracker and Orion Pax Image (1422471)
Posted by GuyIncognito on September 21st, 2012 @ 8:18am CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
GuyIncognito wrote:Orion Pax is... a red and blue repaint of OP? Am I missing something?


He's the first release of the Deluxe Prime mold in Japan. In the show, Optimus had temporary memory loss, called himself Orion Pax as a result, and was entranced by Megatron. Hence the possibility of a :CON: on his shoulder which did appear in the show.


Ah, I see. I didn't realize it was the Deluxe mold. And I'm not real familiar with all the fiction. Now it makes sense.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron Thundercracker and Orion Pax Image (1422505)
Posted by Ghost Starscream on September 21st, 2012 @ 10:30am CDT
I will get Thundercracker.... but they at least coulda given him a new micron. :sad:
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron Thundercracker and Orion Pax Image (1422511)
Posted by kirbenvost on September 21st, 2012 @ 10:42am CDT
Great, more Japanese exclusives...

*shaking fist* HASBRO! WE WANT TOYS!!

:lol: :-(
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron Thundercracker and Orion Pax Image (1422512)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 21st, 2012 @ 10:44am CDT
Guess this is how Japan's getting the Deluxe FE mold, and it's a good idea.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron Thundercracker and Orion Pax Image (1422516)
Posted by PrymeStriker on September 21st, 2012 @ 10:50am CDT
Oh thank god he's the Deluxe one.

Now I have Skywarp AND Thundercracker to import. Although, I'm going to have to get them some missiles for their arms.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron Thundercracker and Orion Pax Image (1422529)
Posted by Gearslide on September 21st, 2012 @ 11:17am CDT
Edit: nevermind, it's just Dreadwing.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron Thundercracker and Orion Pax Image (1422615)
Posted by redoutlander on September 21st, 2012 @ 1:30pm CDT
I didn't see Season 2 yet. is Thundercracker in the show or is he just the ambiguous repaint?
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron Thundercracker and Orion Pax Image (1422616)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 21st, 2012 @ 1:33pm CDT
redoutlander wrote:I didn't see Season 2 yet. is Thundercracker in the show or is he just the ambiguous repaint?
Nope. They aren't bringing in either Skywarp or Thundercracker since they want to keep Starscream as unique as possible.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron Thundercracker and Orion Pax Image (1422671)
Posted by Blurrz on September 21st, 2012 @ 4:14pm CDT
Wow, both TC and SW might be Takara exclusives? Poor seeker completionists.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron Thundercracker and Orion Pax Image (1422679)
Posted by PrymeStriker on September 21st, 2012 @ 4:36pm CDT
Blurrz wrote:Wow, both TC and SW might be Takara exclusives? Poor seeker completionists.


I thought it was already confirmed Skywarp is a Tak exclusive. I don't see a Thundercracker release in the U.S at all, though.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron Thundercracker and Orion Pax Image (1422680)
Posted by XDMan on September 21st, 2012 @ 4:36pm CDT
Orion Pax may not be a bad idea! And YES! We're getting Thundercracker! At least he's in Deluxe Class, but why would Takara make OP be a redeco of the FE Deluxe mold?
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron Thundercracker and Orion Pax Image (1422681)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 21st, 2012 @ 4:38pm CDT
XDMan wrote:Orion Pax may not be a bad idea! And YES! We're getting Thundercracker! At least he's in Deluxe Class, but why would Takara make OP be a redeco of the FE Deluxe mold?
Because they haven't gotten that mold yet?

And maybe the smaller size will help emulate the "younger Optimus Prime" aspect that Orion Pax represents.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron Thundercracker and Orion Pax Image (1422688)
Posted by NTESHFT on September 21st, 2012 @ 4:52pm CDT
GuyIncognito wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
GuyIncognito wrote:Orion Pax is... a red and blue repaint of OP? Am I missing something?


He's the first release of the Deluxe Prime mold in Japan. In the show, Optimus had temporary memory loss, called himself Orion Pax as a result, and was entranced by Megatron. Hence the possibility of a :CON: on his shoulder which did appear in the show.


Ah, I see. I didn't realize it was the Deluxe mold. And I'm not real familiar with all the fiction. Now it makes sense.



Thanks for clearing that up. I to was feeling the same way.

Definitely getting Thundercracker. Will have to think about Orion Pax, and that's only if he does have the :CON: on his shoulder.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron Thundercracker and Orion Pax Image (1422720)
Posted by grimdragon2001 on September 21st, 2012 @ 7:00pm CDT
odds are that Orion will have both Autobot and Decepticon symbol decals. Looking forward to getting Thundercracker and completing my seekers.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron Thundercracker and Orion Pax Image (1422743)
Posted by triKlops on September 21st, 2012 @ 8:04pm CDT
TCracker is cool but the OPax is sweet just for the Decep logos
too bad so many show characters are JapExs
not sure what i am going to do as far as grabbing some of these yet
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron Thundercracker and Orion Pax Image (1423032)
Posted by Sodan-1 on September 22nd, 2012 @ 6:33pm CDT
It's cool that Takara are doing these, but they're both passes for me.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron Thundercracker and Orion Pax Image (1423100)
Posted by FortMacs on September 22nd, 2012 @ 11:48pm CDT
might pick up thundercracker, orion is a deffinate pass though.
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #96 - Age of Extinction
Twincast / Podcast #96:
"Age of Extinction"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, July 7th, 2014