Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Transformers News: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Listings? Voyagers Optimus Prime, Predaking, Shockwave, and Deluxe Bumblebee

Thursday, January 17th, 2013 10:49PM CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 27,536

The Hobby Ark Toy Store has listed pre-orders for upcoming Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" figures from Takara Tomy. The figures include Voyagers Optimus Prime, Predaking, Shockwave, and Deluxe Bumblebee. Optimus Prime is described as having a different deco than the Hasbro version and features a blue sword, his windows remain green. No descriptions of the other three, but this does seem to confirm the previously rumored Voyager Shockwave mold. No mention of the Arms Micron gimmick returning. All are estimated to arrive in April.

Hobby Ark Toy Store

Hobby Ark Toy Store wrote:Pre-order open for Takara Transformers Prime Beast Hunters toys is open:

1) G11 Hunter optimus prime, voyager class, price=sgd$60, eta=april

*blue color packaging, paint different from Hasbro. Blue sword & green window.

2) G12 dragotron (predaking), voyager class, price=sgd$60, eta=april

3) G13 shockwave, voyager class, price=sgd$60, eta=april

4) G14, Hunter Bumblebee, deluxe class, price=sgd$35, eta= April

No photos at the moment
Credit(s): Hobby Ark Toy Store
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Listings? Voyagers Optimus Prime, Predaking, Shockwave, and Deluxe Bumblebee (1456021)
Posted by Mkall on January 17th, 2013 @ 10:56pm CST
I woonder what G1-G10 are? Maybe the deluxe figures?

I'm hopful that this Shockwave will be good for Prime or Classics.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Listings? Voyagers Optimus Prime, Predaking, Shockwave, and Deluxe Bumblebee (1456022)
Posted by El Duque on January 17th, 2013 @ 10:59pm CST
Mkall wrote:I woonder what G1-G10 are? Maybe the deluxe figures?

I'm hopful that this Shockwave will be good for Prime or Classics.

Probably an error on the store's part on the codes, most Takara Tomy TF lines start with Optimus Prime as the "01" figure. That's my guess anyway.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Listings? Voyagers Optimus Prime, Predaking, Shockwave, and Deluxe Bumblebee (1456025)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 17th, 2013 @ 11:05pm CST
Odd numbering count. :???:
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Listings? Voyagers Optimus Prime, Predaking, Shockwave, and Deluxe Bumblebee (1456057)
Posted by PrymeStriker on January 18th, 2013 @ 1:53am CST
There was and still is no doubt in my mind that the rumors were true. Gimmie Shockie.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Listings? Voyagers Optimus Prime, Predaking, Shockwave, and Deluxe Bumblebee (1456107)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 18th, 2013 @ 8:43am CST
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Listings? Voyagers Optimus Prime, Predaking, Shockwave, and Deluxe Bumblebee (1456117)
Posted by mooncake623 on January 18th, 2013 @ 9:32am CST
I want that Shockwave
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Listings? Voyagers Optimus Prime, Predaking, Shockwave, and Deluxe Bumblebee (1456164)
Posted by kirbenvost on January 18th, 2013 @ 12:19pm CST
Awesome, I'm looking forward to another Shockwave!

Takara BH Prime would be almost worth springing for if the windows were blue, but alas.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Listings? Voyagers Optimus Prime, Predaking, Shockwave, and Deluxe Bumblebee (1456177)
Posted by xyl360 on January 18th, 2013 @ 1:12pm CST
So is Takara doing away with the AM line for Beast Hunters? If so, it means I may go the same route I have for the new Generations figures and just skip Hasbro's releases completely. The only thing holding me back from doing so with Prime are the stickers (though I do have many of the AM releases as well as the Hasbro releases).
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Listings? Voyagers Optimus Prime, Predaking, Shockwave, and Deluxe Bumblebee (1456615)
Posted by Sodan-1 on January 20th, 2013 @ 12:31pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:I get the feeling some of those EZ figures might be G1/Universe/RtS/Generations Legends molds.

I had the same thought, especially when I saw Tank Megatron.

It's a shame the windows on Optimus may still be green, but a blue sword may be worth getting this version.

It just goes to show though how dedicated Takara can be that they'd mold two different colours of clear plastic (blue for the sword, and green for the windows), while Hasbro will just make do with green for everything.
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #103 - Road Trip