Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Takara Tomy Transformers Super GT GT-R Prime and GT-R Saber In-Package

Transformers News: Takara Tomy Transformers Super GT GT-R Prime and GT-R Saber In-Package

Saturday, April 27th, 2013 9:59AM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 19,161

Thanks to the CyberGundam blog we have our first glimpse at the packaging for Takara Tomy's upcoming Transformers Super GT line. The scan mirrored below comes form the latest issue of Dengeki Hobby magazine and reveals the first two figures in the limited line, GT-R Saber and GT-R Prime. Check them out below.

Takara Tomy Transformers Super GT GT-R Prime and GT-R Saber In-Package
Credit(s): Cybergundam Blog
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Super GT GT-R Prime and GT-R Saber In-Package (1482556)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on April 27th, 2013 @ 11:04am CDT
how much are these things? i dont have any of the molds. i just want the prime and megatron ones.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Super GT GT-R Prime and GT-R Saber In-Package (1482557)
Posted by Va'al on April 27th, 2013 @ 11:09am CDT
If the images say 10.500 Yen, then you're looking at at least $100 each.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Super GT GT-R Prime and GT-R Saber In-Package (1482563)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on April 27th, 2013 @ 11:24am CDT
Va'al wrote:If the images say 10.500 Yen, then you're looking at at least $100 each.

ouch, never mind.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Super GT GT-R Prime and GT-R Saber In-Package (1482637)
Posted by KNM2012 on April 27th, 2013 @ 3:47pm CDT
I'm glad I finally get to see the packaging on something other than an iPhone. :lol: Because now, it helps me figure out how I will display both Saber and Maximus (once I preorder Maximus) when the times. Plus, also, Saber should be lucky that I already own "Alternity" Dai Atlas, as he was the reason I ordered that piece. Otherwise, I'd probably have just gotten Maximus (as I like the team, even though they are not having a great start).

Oh! And for those interested in the team that Prime represents, they finished (I believe was) 3rd in the first race. They could have won the race, but another team passed them quite easily... With, if I do recall, the other team not passing them as easily.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Super GT GT-R Prime and GT-R Saber In-Package (1482650)
Posted by Blurrz on April 27th, 2013 @ 4:29pm CDT
That price point is absolutely not appealing at all :(
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Super GT GT-R Prime and GT-R Saber In-Package (1482682)
Posted by KNM2012 on April 27th, 2013 @ 6:38pm CDT
Blurrz wrote:That price point is absolutely not appealing at all :(

True. But you need to remember. It is an import, so it will rape your wallet unless you find a piece you want. Then the piece will override the price. At least, that is my mantra when buying pieces I am sure I will enjoy within the last 17 months. ;)

But yeah... Besides Maximus, which I need to preorder, I am hoping they will make Magnus, Ginrai, and Atlas. Need them to complete the sub-section of my collection. Which conflicts with my other plans. So I guess my wallet will be raped until I hit the 20 (out of 30) mark. :lol:
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Super GT GT-R Prime and GT-R Saber In-Package (1482835)
Posted by datguy86 on April 28th, 2013 @ 12:03pm CDT
KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:
Blurrz wrote:That price point is absolutely not appealing at all :(

Just a heads up: It's not wallet rape when your wallet willingly spreads its folds. It's only wallet rape when an entity forces your wallet to divulge the goods without giving you a choice to close your wallet. A mugging or being fined without provocation can be considered wallet rape. Buying toys you actually want a price higher than you'd like? That's just mediocre wallet sex.
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #103 - Road Trip