Takara Tomy Transformers United Hardhead and Reflector On the Way?

Transformers News: Takara Tomy Transformers United Hardhead and Reflector On the Way?

Friday, November 2nd, 2012 2:19PM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 29,086

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Remember back when there was talk of Transformers Reveal the Shield Perceptor getting a Reflector repaint/remold, or how about that alternate head that was seen on Generations Warpath's instruction sheet? It looks like these might finally be seeing the light of day. Allspark user Meister79 has posted a solicitation with several interesting listings:

  • United Hardhead
  • United Reflecter
  • United Gremlock
  • United Shock Wave

There are alos a couple of previouly unheard of Transformres Prime Arms Micron figures listed:

  • AM-36 MMOG Thundertron (Massive Multiplayer Online Game?)
  • AM37 Preview Optimus Prime Re-do




Takara Tomy Transformers United Hardhead and Reflector On the Way?
Credit(s): Allspark user Meister79
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers United Hardhead and Reflector On the Way? (1436397)
Posted by GuyIncognito on November 2nd, 2012 @ 2:23pm CDT
What would "United Gremrock" and "United Shockwave" be? The Generations (FoC) Grimlock and Shockwave? Or something else?
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers United Hardhead and Reflector On the Way? (1436398)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 2nd, 2012 @ 2:25pm CDT
GuyIncognito wrote:What would "United Gremrock" and "United Shockwave" be? The Generations (FoC) Grimlock and Shockwave?
Likely.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers United Hardhead and Reflector On the Way? (1436404)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on November 2nd, 2012 @ 2:38pm CDT
I'm guessing "MMOG Thundertron" will be the proper release of PRiD Thundertron as a Star Seeker. And "Preview Optimus Prime redo"... FE Optimus Prime for Arms Micron? Like they did with Megatron?
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers United Hardhead and Reflector On the Way? (1436405)
Posted by GuyIncognito on November 2nd, 2012 @ 2:41pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
GuyIncognito wrote:What would "United Gremrock" and "United Shockwave" be? The Generations (FoC) Grimlock and Shockwave?
Likely.


I just noticed that they have "United Gremrock" priced at the same price point as other Deluxe figures on that list. Isn't Generations Grimlock a Voyager?
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers United Hardhead and Reflector On the Way? (1436408)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on November 2nd, 2012 @ 2:44pm CDT
GuyIncognito wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
GuyIncognito wrote:What would "United Gremrock" and "United Shockwave" be? The Generations (FoC) Grimlock and Shockwave?
Likely.


I just noticed that they have "United Gremrock" priced at the same price point as other Deluxe figures on that list. Isn't Generations Grimlock a Voyager?


Yes, but Classics Grimlock is a Deluxe...
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers United Hardhead and Reflector On the Way? (1436411)
Posted by DecepticonFinishline on November 2nd, 2012 @ 2:57pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
GuyIncognito wrote:What would "United Gremrock" and "United Shockwave" be? The Generations (FoC) Grimlock and Shockwave?
Likely.


That shouldn't be the case as the FoC Shockwave is seeing his Takara release in the Arms Micron line.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers United Hardhead and Reflector On the Way? (1436413)
Posted by kirbenvost on November 2nd, 2012 @ 3:01pm CDT
I wonder if any of the remolds will ever see the light of day in North America. Or the Rumble/Frenzy mold, for that matter.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers United Hardhead and Reflector On the Way? (1436431)
Posted by Decatron on November 2nd, 2012 @ 4:03pm CDT
I've seen that 3rd party one which seems okay, but always wanted an official modern Reflector. Hopefully he gets his own new mold(s).
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers United Hardhead and Reflector On the Way? (1436440)
Posted by Stormrider on November 2nd, 2012 @ 4:34pm CDT
Gremlock, eh? Is he Grimlock's cousin?

Not sure how I feel about getting Reflector. I am very interested in getting one of the robots that make up Reflector but a deluxe size seems a little large. Also the name should have been Viewfinder, Spyglass, or Spectro since Reflector was the camera.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers United Hardhead and Reflector On the Way? (1436441)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 2nd, 2012 @ 4:36pm CDT
Decatron wrote:I've seen that 3rd party one which seems okay, but always wanted an official modern Reflector. Hopefully he gets his own new mold(s).
More than likely he'll be a redeco of Perceptor since that was Hasbro's original plan all along.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers United Hardhead and Reflector On the Way? (1436445)
Posted by Mindmaster on November 2nd, 2012 @ 4:39pm CDT
Reflector is a go-getter for me. Hardhead.... Gimme some images, and we'll look into it.

I'm also curious about Grimlock's position. I'd argue he would likely be the FOC Voyager, but someone already pointed out he's priced as a Deluxe. Didn't Takara pull Classics Grimlock into United already?

Shockwave is interesting as well. His FOC toy is already being used in the Japan's Arms Micron line.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers United Hardhead and Reflector On the Way? (1436449)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 2nd, 2012 @ 4:48pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:I'm also curious about Grimlock's position. I'd argue he would likely be the FOC Voyager, but someone already pointed out he's priced as a Deluxe. Didn't Takara pull Classics Grimlock into United already?
They used Classics Grimlock for Henkei! Henkei! Grimlock.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers United Hardhead and Reflector On the Way? (1436452)
Posted by Mkall on November 2nd, 2012 @ 4:55pm CDT
Man, a United Grimlock would look so awesome.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers United Hardhead and Reflector On the Way? (1436453)
Posted by Mindmaster on November 2nd, 2012 @ 5:01pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:I'm also curious about Grimlock's position. I'd argue he would likely be the FOC Voyager, but someone already pointed out he's priced as a Deluxe. Didn't Takara pull Classics Grimlock into United already?
They used Classics Grimlock for Henkei! Henkei! Grimlock.


I know they released it in Japan sometime. Just wasn't quite sure which of their lines it was. Unless its a re-release or a slight redeco?
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers United Hardhead and Reflector On the Way? (1436458)
Posted by craggy on November 2nd, 2012 @ 5:28pm CDT
what currency are those SRPs in?
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers United Hardhead and Reflector On the Way? (1436467)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 2nd, 2012 @ 5:58pm CDT
Wait, why are these listed as United figures when that line has more or less been converted into PCC via United EX and replaced by the Japanese Generations line?
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers United Hardhead and Reflector On the Way? (1436469)
Posted by KNM2012 on November 2nd, 2012 @ 6:09pm CDT
All I can say is if "Hard Head" is a Headmaster and "Gremlock" looks more like his G1 counterpart, I will have at least two UNITED pieces in my collection. I swore that I'd buy anything that is an official (read: Takara Tomy) Headmaster figure, and need a Grimlock to cover the "exclusive" Supreme Commander portion of my collection. :-B

Now if Takara Tomy will consider either reissuing Skyfire or adding a Jetfire to UNITED, then I'll be happy with the lack of a proper background for this series. :lol:
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers United Hardhead and Reflector On the Way? (1436476)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on November 2nd, 2012 @ 6:39pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Wait, why are these listed as United figures when that line has more or less been converted into PCC via United EX and replaced by the Japanese Generations line?


The official site still lists both United and United EX in the same section. It would seem logical to use:

- United for Classics up to Generations plus their repaints
- United EX for PCC
- Generations for FoC molds

Which leads me to believe United Grimlock is actually a re-release of Classics Grimlock, not the FoC one. They've done it before with Bumblebee and Rodimus.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers United Hardhead and Reflector On the Way? (1436478)
Posted by Mindmaster on November 2nd, 2012 @ 6:42pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Wait, why are these listed as United figures when that line has more or less been converted into PCC via United EX and replaced by the Japanese Generations line?


The official site still lists both United and United EX in the same section. It would seem logical to use:

- United for Classics up to Generations plus their repaints
- United EX for PCC
- Generations for FoC molds

Which leads me to believe United Grimlock is actually a re-release of Classics Grimlock, not the FoC one. They've done it before with Bumblebee and Rodimus.


What makes even more sense in response to this is Grimlock's newfound popularity, possibly contributing to an "Evolution of Grimlock" pack, similar to the three pack "Evolution of Bumblebee" we seen several years back.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers United Hardhead and Reflector On the Way? (1436503)
Posted by rpetras on November 2nd, 2012 @ 7:40pm CDT
Exciting >:oP

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #136 - The Gathering
Twincast / Podcast #136:
"The Gathering"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, January 30th, 2016