Takara Tomy Transformers United Ultra Magnus In-Package Image

Transformers News: Takara Tomy Transformers United Ultra Magnus In-Package Image

Thursday, October 4th, 2012 12:48AM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 22,601

Courtesy of the Planet Iacon facebook page we have an in-package image the Asian market exclusive Takara Tomy Transformers United Ultra Magnus. This version sports a more G1-esque deco than his Classics predecessor from Hasbro. Image mirrored below.

Re: Takara Transformers Aisa Exclusive Henkei Ultra Magnus
Credit(s): daimchoc, Planet Iacon

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers United Ultra Magnus In-Package Image (1426537)
Posted by KNM2012 on October 4th, 2012 @ 1:08am CDT

But seriously, though... I am going to pass simply because it is part of the UNITED line. And even if it was not, I'd still have to pass on it. >:oP There is one Encore piece I now plan to seek for my Headmasters collection, and another I plan to preorder.

That, and I am seriously hoping that they are not going to abandon their Cybertron/Destron lineage. :-x
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers United Ultra Magnus In-Package Image (1426552)
Posted by Banjo-Tron on October 4th, 2012 @ 2:36am CDT
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers United Ultra Magnus In-Package Image (1426577)
Posted by xyl360 on October 4th, 2012 @ 4:08am CDT
Banjo-Tron wrote:I'm excited for this guy to arrive now :grin: On a related note, does anyone have the Black Convoy that came out recently, and if so, how is the mould holding up? I thought that it was toast then along comes Black Convoy and now this, is there any noticeable degradation?

I have Black Convoy. He seems fine to me :).
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers United Ultra Magnus In-Package Image (1426580)
Posted by Banjo-Tron on October 4th, 2012 @ 4:11am CDT
xyl360 wrote:

I have Black Convoy. He seems fine to me :).

That's good to hear :) I was worried also that City Commander wouldn't fit properly. Don't suppose you have tried Shadow commander or something with him?
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers United Ultra Magnus In-Package Image (1426597)
Posted by xyl360 on October 4th, 2012 @ 5:08am CDT
Banjo-Tron wrote:
xyl360 wrote:

I have Black Convoy. He seems fine to me :).

Nope, I haven't (don't have Shadow Commander). I'll try my extra DIA Commander (currently in trailer mode being pulled by one of my Henkei Prime's :P) and let you know how it fits.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers United Ultra Magnus In-Package Image (1426604)
Posted by xyl360 on October 4th, 2012 @ 5:19am CDT
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers United Ultra Magnus In-Package Image (1426605)
Posted by Banjo-Tron on October 4th, 2012 @ 5:34am CDT
xyl360 wrote:Well, I just tested it and the armor fits on Black Convoy just fine. No looseness anywhere at all :).

Good news, thanks for checking! Can't wait to get Magnus in hand and suited up :DANCE:
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers United Ultra Magnus In-Package Image (1426610)
Posted by gavinfuzzy on October 4th, 2012 @ 6:03am CDT
There seems to be many Black Convoys coming out this year...

Now with, MP-10B Black convoy. #-o I see a Scourge Vibe in this... Another Asian Exclusive?

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers United Ultra Magnus In-Package Image (1426644)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 4th, 2012 @ 8:25am CDT

Though... why didn't they just call it "United Ultra Magnus" from the start? :???:
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers United Ultra Magnus In-Package Image (1426649)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on October 4th, 2012 @ 8:34am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Oh, so it's a United figure. All previous promotions for it made it sound like this would be some completely unique, standalone toy not part of of any existing toyline due to it being referred to as "Classics Ultra Magnus" (when TakaraTomy never had a line called "Classics") instead of "United Ultra Magnus". now it makes sense.

How much do you wanna bet it's United for Japan, but a stand-alone release for Asia region? ;)
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers United Ultra Magnus In-Package Image (1426737)
Posted by Megatron000 on October 4th, 2012 @ 11:55am CDT
gavinfuzzy wrote:There seems to be many Black Convoys coming out this year...

Wow, that Black Convoy looks awesome. Definitely hoping it's not an Asian exclusive... :S
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers United Ultra Magnus In-Package Image (1426847)
Posted by XDMan on October 4th, 2012 @ 4:40pm CDT
It looks nice. Better than the Classics version, like always.
Megatron000 wrote:
gavinfuzzy wrote:There seems to be many Black Convoys coming out this year...

Scourge!? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: It's Black Convoy (or Nemesis Prime, if you want ;) ) It looks so dumb to name him that! Seriously? RID is starting to be over-used. And Armada, Energon and Cybertron? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Those names and this so called Unicron Trilogy plot don't make any sense, unlike Car Robots (you could name it as Transformers: 2000 if you want), Micron Legend (or Mini-Con Legends, if you want), Super Link and Galaxy Force. And by the way, keep GL away from ML and SL! They don't make a good trilogy!
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers United Ultra Magnus In-Package Image (1426858)
Posted by PrymeStriker on October 4th, 2012 @ 5:21pm CDT
XDMan wrote:Scourge!? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: It's Black Convoy (or Nemesis Prime, if you want ;) ) It looks so dumb to name him that!

But...his name in RID is Scourge. The only he's named Nemesis Prime in a show is in Armada and Prime.

Okay, the times he's named Nemesis Prime outnumber the times he's been named Scourge, but some prefer calling him Scourge, don't force people to call him Black Convoy (or Nemesis Prime).

[quote]Seriously? RID is starting to be over-used.[/quote]

Hardly. :-|
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers United Ultra Magnus In-Package Image (1427643)
Posted by Rated X on October 6th, 2012 @ 5:48pm CDT
KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:Well, I'll be darn! It looks like they did the smart move by making it a UNITED figure, and not trying to revive their Henkei! Henkei! line! :lol:

Im not sure I understand your logic. You base purchase decisions on silly Japanese names written on cardboard ??? >:oP
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers United Ultra Magnus In-Package Image (1427755)
Posted by fenrir72 on October 7th, 2012 @ 7:47am CDT

What's wrong its being a United release? :???:
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers United Ultra Magnus In-Package Image (1427801)
Posted by Banjo-Tron on October 7th, 2012 @ 12:35pm CDT
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers United Ultra Magnus In-Package Image (1428667)
Posted by Anonymous on October 10th, 2012 @ 3:17am CDT
Banjo-Tron wrote:Because United is evidently not collectable enough for serious collectors for some reason :???: :-? 8-} Anyhoo, not that MP-10 mould has much to do with CHUG Magnus anyway, but yeah I would only consider the distinctively different-looking Laser Optimus Prime recolour and its recent homage as Scourge, I think in every other case Black Prime has been either Nemesis Prime, Black Convoy, or Eldedroid. Not that it really matters to argue about, I guess. Probably should just delete this and forget it, then, but I can't be bothered.

[color=#008000]
i just wanted to comment on that awesome image of Prime you have there. [/color]
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers United Ultra Magnus In-Package Image (1428674)
Posted by Banjo-Tron on October 10th, 2012 @ 3:57am CDT
breakdown99 wrote:
[color=#008000]

Thanks! I have some sets in flickr you might like. The sig is cropped from one of those.

Anyone got Magnus in hand yet?
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers United Ultra Magnus In-Package Image (1434208)
Posted by Banjo-Tron on October 26th, 2012 @ 1:42pm CDT
So I got Magnus in hand today and I have to say he is superb. I will take some pictures tomorrow. Interestingly, he has a rubsign, which I was not expecting at all. I'm looking forward to dressing him up in his FP armour. :michaelbay:
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers United Ultra Magnus In-Package Image (1434229)
Posted by Banjo-Tron on October 26th, 2012 @ 3:16pm CDT
I got impatient and grabbed the city commander armour and tried it on for size. It looks great. In robot mode the lower legs show through the outer blue leg armour and they are no longer the same colour. I actually think it looks really nice, though. Alt mode - It looks great with the trailer hitched to it - the all-white truck contrasts really nicely with the predominantly blue trailer. The wheels no longer match though as the trailer ones are gold and the truck ones are silver. Pics to follow :)

Ending Soon On eBay

Takara Transformers Masterpiece MP-17 MP17 Prowl Nissan Fairlady Figure JP Ver. - Time Remaining: 1 day 22 hours 55 minutes 45 seconds
TAKARA TRANSFORMERS CHRONICLE EZ 02 HOT ROD RODIMUS LEGEND CLASS - Time Remaining: 3 days 7 hours 26 minutes 41 seconds
Transformers AOE 4 Platinum Autobots United OPTIMUS PRIME HOUND CROSSHAIRS DRIFT - Time Remaining: 3 days 4 hours 29 minutes 43 seconds
Transformers Combiner Wars Generation 2 Bruticus Combaticons Boxed Set - Time Remaining: 29 days 16 hours 31 minutes 21 seconds
Transformers Generations - Skids Action Figure - Sealed - Some Wear - Time Remaining: 3 days 1 hour 49 minutes 18 seconds
Transformers Generations Asia Exclusive 2012 Voyager Class Powerdive - Time Remaining: 3 days 1 hour 52 minutes 35 seconds
Transformers Generations Asia Exclusive 2012 Voyager Class Megatron - Time Remaining: 3 days 1 hour 37 minutes 41 seconds
Transformers Generations Asia Exclusive 2012 Voyager Class Protectobot Hot spot - Time Remaining: 3 days 2 hours 22 minutes 24 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #149 - Titans Arrive