Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Takara Transformers Prime release info for Voyager Starscream and others!

Transformers News: Takara Transformers Prime release info for Voyager Starscream and others!

Thursday, January 19th, 2012 2:10PM CST

Categories: Cartoon News, Toy News
Posted by: Dead Metal   Views: 29,114

Hot on the heals of previous Transformers Prime news, Kapow-Toys, our valued sponsor has given us the following release info on Transformers Prime figures. All of the following are TakaraTomy releases by the way!

AM07 Voyager Starscream - Jun 12
AM08 Terrorcon Cliffjumper - April 12
AM09 Deluxe Soundwave - April 12
EZ08 Bulk Head - Commander Class - Apr 12
EZ09 Arcee - Legion Class Apr 12

Stay tuned to seibertron.com for all your Transformers related news!
Credit(s): Kapow-Toys
Re: Takara Transformers Prime release info for Voyager Starscream and others! (1335780)
Posted by prowl123 on January 19th, 2012 @ 2:31pm CST
SOUNDWAVE FTW!
Re: Takara Transformers Prime release info for Voyager Starscream and others! (1335781)
Posted by kirbenvost on January 19th, 2012 @ 2:32pm CST
Hmm... I have no guesses about what "AM" stands for. But it must have to do with the Japanese series name, considering previous Takara designations always included such designation. The above EZ, for example.

I didn't notice those Bot Shots before! Love them! I wonder if my girlfriend will want some of them... :D I also wonder if this confirms some sort of Earth mode for Megatron, or if they're basing it off DOTM Megatron instead.

Hot Shot could also be cool, but I hope this doesn't mean I need to start collecting Hot Shots... I guess I already have the Cybertron version and don't collect Armada, so I would only need to track down Universe and Energon Hot Shots...except I sold off Cybertron Defense Hot Shot. #-o

Also, I didn't think the clear forearms on Starscream would be on the final toy. I figured it would be partially painted. Sucks. Man, I hate gimmicks. :BANG_HEAD:
Re: Takara Transformers Prime release info for Voyager Starscream and others! (1335790)
Posted by MGrotusque on January 19th, 2012 @ 2:41pm CST
Re: Takara Transformers Prime release info for Voyager Starscream and others! (1335792)
Posted by BeastProwl on January 19th, 2012 @ 2:42pm CST
Re: Takara Transformers Prime release info for Voyager Starscream and others! (1335796)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 19th, 2012 @ 2:52pm CST
monstergrotusque wrote:TERRORCON Cliffjumper eh!? Don't know how I feel about him being called a "terrorcon".
BeastProwl wrote:Terrorcon Cliffjumper? Is that what their calling this "Zombie" Or will it be the one with the hammer, or an all new cliff? I'm leaning on zombie, but turning cliff into a decepticon sub-servent would be good for the story!
Guys, we were told about Terrorcon Cliffjumper many months ago. That's what these Dark Energon zombies are called: Terrorcons. Ergo, Terrorcon Cliffjumper.
Re: Takara Transformers Prime release info for Voyager Starscream and others! (1335800)
Posted by Ungie on January 19th, 2012 @ 3:08pm CST
Well all of my enjoyment and happiness waiting for this line to expand after First Edition has been crushed... crushed about as hard as seeing Metalhawk's face for Botcon.
Re: Takara Transformers Prime release info for Voyager Starscream and others! (1335816)
Posted by Chaoslock on January 19th, 2012 @ 3:48pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:What's "AM" stand for?

American?
Re: Takara Transformers Prime release info for Voyager Starscream and others! (1335817)
Posted by Sodan-1 on January 19th, 2012 @ 3:48pm CST
I've seen a photo of a blue repaint of deluxe Bumblebee with red highlights. I wonder if this will be Hot Shot. It would fit as Hot Shot did fill the same kind of role as Bumblebee, but it would suck because it's just a lazy excuse for a figure.

Looking forward to Ratchet. I just hope he has his giant twin scalpels.
Re: Takara Transformers Prime release info for Voyager Starscream and others! (1335819)
Posted by Anonymous. on January 19th, 2012 @ 4:02pm CST
If that's Animated Hot Shot I'm losing my shit.
Re: Takara Transformers Prime release info for Voyager Starscream and others! (1335820)
Posted by Sodan-1 on January 19th, 2012 @ 4:02pm CST
NEVER have I ordered an Optims Prime figure quite so quickly.

I am, of course, talking about the First Edition figure.
Re: Takara Transformers Prime release info for Voyager Starscream and others! (1335821)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on January 19th, 2012 @ 4:05pm CST
No Ratchet? Of any size???
Re: Takara Transformers Prime release info for Voyager Starscream and others! (1335831)
Posted by Agamemnon on January 19th, 2012 @ 4:31pm CST
Rodimus Prime wrote:No Ratchet? Of any size???

Uh...what was that? I'm pretty sure the story indicates a Deluxe Ratchet is coming...
Re: Takara Transformers Prime release info for Voyager Starscream and others! (1335832)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on January 19th, 2012 @ 4:35pm CST
OK, maybe I missed something...
Re: Takara Transformers Prime release info for Voyager Starscream and others! (1335833)
Posted by Agamemnon on January 19th, 2012 @ 4:36pm CST
Rodimus Prime wrote:OK, maybe I missed something...

Yeah, sorry. The original story had info on Ratchet:

GetRightRobot wrote:A host of new information has surfaced regarding Transformers Prime and the subsequent toy lines. First is the Transformers PRIME Entertainment Pack - Starscream & Bumblebee which was reported on earlier. View additional information and join the ongoing discussion here.

Site sponsor Robotkingdom.com has also listed Hasbro Transformers PRIME DELUXE ASST WAVE 3 2012. This wave includes Bumblebee with extra weapons, Ratchet, Arcee, Vehicon, Knockout and previously unannounced HOT SHOT! Not much is known about TF Prime Hot Shot at this point. Whether or not he will be a new character in Season 2 or the same Hot Shot from Armada. However, this does confirm the existence of a Deluxe Ratchet.

Re: Takara Transformers Prime release info for Voyager Starscream and others! (1335834)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on January 19th, 2012 @ 4:37pm CST
Yes, I see now. I mostly looked at the photos the first time... :(
Re: Takara Transformers Prime release info for Voyager Starscream and others! (1335835)
Posted by Biocore on January 19th, 2012 @ 4:40pm CST
I just want Soundwave, is that too much to ask? ;-;
Re: Takara Transformers Prime release info for Voyager Starscream and others! (1335836)
Posted by Mindmaster on January 19th, 2012 @ 4:40pm CST
The little ones are adorable! :lol: I can't wait for the Prime line to be released and sighted here in North Carolina. :grin:
Re: Takara Transformers Prime release info for Voyager Starscream and others! (1335837)
Posted by Screamfleet on January 19th, 2012 @ 4:50pm CST
bluecatcinema wrote:A new Vehicon mould? It'll probably be the flying variety...

I hope it is
Re: Takara Transformers Prime release info for Voyager Starscream and others! (1335838)
Posted by Chaoslock on January 19th, 2012 @ 4:54pm CST
Biocore wrote:I just want Soundwave, is that too much to ask? ;-;

I'm pretty sure there was a news of a Soundwave coming...
Re: Takara Transformers Prime release info for Voyager Starscream and others! (1335848)
Posted by UltraPrimal on January 19th, 2012 @ 5:35pm CST
Did anyone else see that news thumbnail and think for a second, "Hey it's Armada Optimus Prime!"?

Well...I did. :P
Re: Takara Transformers Prime release info for Voyager Starscream and others! (1335854)
Posted by STINGRAY749 on January 19th, 2012 @ 5:50pm CST
Chaoslock wrote:
Biocore wrote:I just want Soundwave, is that too much to ask? ;-;

I'm pretty sure there was a news of a Soundwave coming...

Soundwave is in wave 1
Re: Takara Transformers Prime release info for Voyager Starscream and others! (1335865)
Posted by dinogeist on January 19th, 2012 @ 6:27pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:Hot Shot?

Sign me up for this,I want this to be a voyager toy & a leader sized toy. the leader sized version could come with a $27 usa ultra sized robot,that uses trailer/armor to turn into a leader sized robot mode.

I like the big shots tank/bot megatron toy design. but probably won't but it due to it being a brick.
Re: Takara Transformers Prime release info for Voyager Starscream and others! (1335898)
Posted by STINGRAY749 on January 19th, 2012 @ 9:21pm CST
dinogeist wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Hot Shot?

That is hot shot, but the prime hotshot probably won't look like this. He'll most likely look on the lines of this Image
Re: Takara Transformers Prime release info for Voyager Starscream and others! (1335904)
Posted by Agamemnon on January 19th, 2012 @ 9:58pm CST
t$money$49 wrote:
dinogeist wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Hot Shot?

Did you mean to say that the Maroon and Gold 'Bot is Hot Rod?

I think there are two reasons that Prime might go with Roddy as Hot Shot. 1) Hot Rod is probably not available for trade mark. 2) Hot Shot in Armada pretty much had the role that Bumble Bee plays now. (And a close color scheme, too.) It wouldn't make a lot of sense to include the same Hot Shot character type from Armada.

On the other hand, why not just call him Rodimus. Hasbro must still hold the Trademark for him...
Re: Takara Transformers Prime release info for Voyager Starscream and others! (1335942)
Posted by MGrotusque on January 20th, 2012 @ 1:27am CST
Sabrblade wrote:

Yes...that's all fine and wonderfull. I wasn't aware of that but it doesn't negate the fact that I'm not a fan that a Terrorcon is now a 'zombie' Autobot.

We all know who and what the Terrorcons are and now it's all discombobulated with this misappropriation of identity in my opinion.

That's just the G1 purist in me.....so what.
Re: Takara Transformers Prime release info for Voyager Starscream and others! (1336024)
Posted by STINGRAY749 on January 20th, 2012 @ 7:56am CST
Agamemnon wrote:
t$money$49 wrote:
dinogeist wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Hot Shot?

Did you mean to say that the Maroon and Gold 'Bot is Hot Rod?

Nope I ment what I said the bot that looks like hot rod is WFC hotshot. Even check tfwiki.
Re: Takara Transformers Prime release info for Voyager Starscream and others! (1336169)
Posted by zodconvoy on January 20th, 2012 @ 1:29pm CST
HOT SHOT!

Plus, does Wheeljacks thingy look like the Thundertank to anyone else?
Re: Takara Transformers Prime release info for Voyager Starscream and others! (1336327)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 20th, 2012 @ 7:19pm CST
monstergrotusque wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

That's just the G1 purist in me.....so what.
Well, go share your griefs with the Energon Terrorcons. I'm sure they'll sympathize with you. 8-} :o) :PEACE:
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #106 - McCarthyism