TakaraTomy Generations TG30 Waspinator & TG31 Rhinox Preorders Now Available

Transformers News: TakaraTomy Generations TG30 Waspinator & TG31 Rhinox Preorders Now Available

Friday, September 6th, 2013 6:33AM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Sponsor News
Posted by: Autobot032   Views: 25,473

Seems Curt and crew at TFSource are being kept busy with all of the news on the upcoming releases! We received this shortly after the last release news posting

zoltaire wrote:Additionally takara/tomy has sent us information on Japanese Generations TG31 Rhinox & TG30 Waspinator! We know these are almost assured to have US releases as well, and exactly how the Takara versions differ is unknown at this time. However as most of the prior Japanese Generations have featured metallic paint apps and some variations in color, these will most likely follow-suit.

Preorders up at TFsource here:

Transformers Generations Japan - TG30 Waspinator

Transformers Generations Japan - TG31 Rhinox

Waspinator is targeting a February 2014 release in Japan, and Rhinox a March release. (US releases may see the same time frame.)

Credit(s): Curt @ TFSource

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: TakaraTomy Generations TG30 Waspinator & TG31 Rhinox Preorders Now Available (1516146)
Posted by empyre327 on September 6th, 2013 @ 7:13am CDT
They both look AWESOME. I wish Rhinox was a Transmetal though. Waspinator FINALLY gets a mold he deserves! . . . and Rhinox's guns . . . are wicked!
Re: TakaraTomy Generations TG30 Waspinator & TG31 Rhinox Preorders Now Available (1516150)
Posted by Lord Onixprime on September 6th, 2013 @ 7:33am CDT
empyre327 wrote:I wish Rhinox was a Transmetal though.

Why? He was never Transmetal in the show.
Re: TakaraTomy Generations TG30 Waspinator & TG31 Rhinox Preorders Now Available (1516155)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 6th, 2013 @ 7:49am CDT
I hope to see what the TakaraTomy versions look like (these are just placeholder images of the Hasbro versions) as I want to see how Takara's Rhinox and Waspy compare to Hasbro's before I decide on which ones I want to get. For these two, I want the most show-accurately colored versions, and if Takara can get theirs colored more accurate than Hasbro's, then that's what I'll go for. But if not, Hasbro it is.
Re: TakaraTomy Generations TG30 Waspinator & TG31 Rhinox Preorders Now Available (1516158)
Posted by GuyIncognito on September 6th, 2013 @ 8:06am CDT
These are both must-buys for me, but I'll get the Hasbro versions. As soon as they're available for pre-order on BBTS, I'll be preordering.
Re: TakaraTomy Generations TG30 Waspinator & TG31 Rhinox Preorders Now Available (1516176)
Posted by xyl360 on September 6th, 2013 @ 9:16am CDT
Preordered from BBTS :D!
Re: TakaraTomy Generations TG30 Waspinator & TG31 Rhinox Preorders Now Available (1516182)
Posted by MagnetarPrime on September 6th, 2013 @ 10:13am CDT
You are right, I think the Takara version will be more show accurate, as of lately most of the TF figures I'm buying are Takara now, I stopped getting hasbro figures,, I just like the Takara paint job better, the only thing that sucks is that I can't read the bios :HEADHURTS: lol, It all started with FOC Ultra Magnus, I liked his Takara colors better than Hasbro and after I got him I decided to get all FOC Takara figures instead, now it is more expensive but I like them better. fyi Some of the FOC takara figures are on clearance now at bbts, I will be getting both Rhinox and Waspinator but I will not be placing a pre-order yet because I have so many TF pre-ordered already,,,,
Re: TakaraTomy Generations TG30 Waspinator & TG31 Rhinox Preorders Now Available (1516183)
Posted by MagnetarPrime on September 6th, 2013 @ 10:16am CDT
Re: TakaraTomy Generations TG30 Waspinator & TG31 Rhinox Preorders Now Available (1516194)
Posted by Mkall on September 6th, 2013 @ 11:06am CDT
I think I'll be fine with Hasbro's offerings.
Re: TakaraTomy Generations TG30 Waspinator & TG31 Rhinox Preorders Now Available (1516206)
Posted by Metrosuplex on September 6th, 2013 @ 11:58am CDT
Re: TakaraTomy Generations TG30 Waspinator & TG31 Rhinox Preorders Now Available (1516209)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 6th, 2013 @ 12:05pm CDT
Metrosuplex wrote:Waspinator looks a LOT like the original BW release. Split head on his chest, legs on the arm... did they actually re-make the mold or just slightly re-tool it? :roll:
It's an all new mold based on this:

The original toy barely looked like that.

Re: TakaraTomy Generations TG30 Waspinator & TG31 Rhinox Preorders Now Available (1516213)
Posted by Metrosuplex on September 6th, 2013 @ 12:21pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
It's an all new mold based on this:

The original toy barely looked like that.

Still looks like a re-tool to me, Sabr.

The transformation looks the same, and though the new version may be a clearner mold, ehhhh... just saying, they kept the wheel round rather than re-mold it! :roll:
Re: TakaraTomy Generations TG30 Waspinator & TG31 Rhinox Preorders Now Available (1516220)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 6th, 2013 @ 12:31pm CDT
Metrosuplex wrote:Still looks like a re-tool to me, Sabr.

If no parts are the same, then it's an all new mold.

Metrosuplex wrote:The transformation looks the same,
Have the same transformation scheme =/= being the same mold. G2 Smokescreen and Energon Starscream have the same transformation, yet neither of them are the same mold.

It's just like all those many Movie Bumblebee toys that look and transform similarly but are different molds.
Re: TakaraTomy Generations TG30 Waspinator & TG31 Rhinox Preorders Now Available (1516224)
Posted by GuyIncognito on September 6th, 2013 @ 12:38pm CDT
Metrosuplex wrote:

Still looks like a re-tool to me, Sabr.

"Re-tool", you keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

A re-tool is when they take an existing mold and make some modifications to produce a new figure. A recent example would be Generations Springer/Sandstorm.

This Waspinator does, indeed, resemble the old one, but it is NOT a re-tool of that mold.
Re: TakaraTomy Generations TG30 Waspinator & TG31 Rhinox Preorders Now Available (1516226)
Posted by Metrosuplex on September 6th, 2013 @ 12:40pm CDT

Anyway, I wouldn't point it out if not for how they're the same character/figure. It's one thing to have a Waspinator-like sub-character with similar transformation scheme... but to take the old Waspy, change up the individual parts but overall leave the figure the same? Ehhhh, tomatoes tomatoes. <-- which would make more sense if you could hear me say it! :-)
Re: TakaraTomy Generations TG30 Waspinator & TG31 Rhinox Preorders Now Available (1516227)
Posted by Metrosuplex on September 6th, 2013 @ 12:43pm CDT
GuyIncognito wrote:
Metrosuplex wrote:

Still looks like a re-tool to me, Sabr.

I've been known to liberally misuse terms for my own purposes! :lol: Actually, it's more an issue of ignorance, but I'll admit I'm more casual than most of you, so it's also an issue of pure apathy for proper terminology.

Figure looks slick either way, but I am overall ALARMED by how similar they are, considering the engineering tech is supposed to be better today. I guess the rule of thumb is to keep things the same if poseability was great for the original toy? :-?
Re: TakaraTomy Generations TG30 Waspinator & TG31 Rhinox Preorders Now Available (1516232)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 6th, 2013 @ 12:53pm CDT
Metrosuplex wrote:Thank you for the comparison shots... but this is all semantics. I understand I'm misusing the term horribly, but when I take a figure and slightly remold all the parts and it's still the same overall figure... it just feels like the same mold, re-tooled.

They DIDN'T take the old toy and change some parts to make them new.

This new Waspinator is a completely new production, having nothing to do with the 1996 toy.
Re: TakaraTomy Generations TG30 Waspinator & TG31 Rhinox Preorders Now Available (1516235)
Posted by GuyIncognito on September 6th, 2013 @ 1:01pm CDT
Re: TakaraTomy Generations TG30 Waspinator & TG31 Rhinox Preorders Now Available (1516239)
Posted by Manterax Prime on September 6th, 2013 @ 1:36pm CDT
And already people are throwing away their money on overpriced figures when they don't even know what they look like. They could be nice. They could be crap.

I'll be getting the Hasbro versions.
Re: TakaraTomy Generations TG30 Waspinator & TG31 Rhinox Preorders Now Available (1516282)
Posted by Metrosuplex on September 6th, 2013 @ 4:43pm CDT
GuyIncognito wrote:I thought Metrosuplex was just confused about what "re-tool" means, but now I'm wondering if he knows what a "mold" is, or if he's just trolling us at this point.

Now, now, now... let's not get mean about this. Trolling is trying to antagonize someone for the express purpose of antagonizing them, with no understanding/belief in what you're actually saying. If I were the sensitive type, I could accuse YOU GUYS of trolling me with your nerdy corrections. However, I know you're just being anal/correct about proper terminology.

So if we can just move on and stop focusing on the specific words (i.e. semantics), maybe you guys should respond to my ACTUAL point.

That is, the 96' BW Waspy looks VERY SIMILAR to this "new" one, and I'm surprised the "mold"/"figure"/"toy"/"mentally-put-in-the-word-that-makes-this-easier-to-understand" does not look all that "updated". It wasn't even a negative remark; it was a neutral observation.

But, to be honestly negative, I will add that this new TOY will no doubt include less plastic, be hollowed out, and generally feel more delicate than the 96' Waspy - just a prediction I am in no way delighted to see come true. :BANG_HEAD:
Re: TakaraTomy Generations TG30 Waspinator & TG31 Rhinox Preorders Now Available (1516288)
Posted by Dead Metal on September 6th, 2013 @ 5:00pm CDT
Oh god how horrible the toy actually looks like the character it's supposed to represent, holy crap how dare they! How DARE they make a show accurate toy, how DARE THEY!?

That's it guys, this is the last straw we should all rally together, start an angry mob and go murder the crap out of anyone we find working at Hasbro.

Ending Soon On eBay

Hasbro Transformers Platinum Edition 30th Anniversary Grimlock VS Bruticus NEW - Time Remaining: 3 days 1 hour 35 minutes 18 seconds
Transformers Robot Heroes "Jazz & Thundercracker" Hasbro G1 Series New Rare VHTF - Time Remaining: 1 day 17 hours 6 minutes 13 seconds
Takara Transformers Beast Wars Neo DX-04 BREAK PENGUIN vs DEAD END BRAND NEW - Time Remaining: 7 days 22 hours 22 minutes 51 seconds
21cm tall Excavator Vehicle Metal Transformers G1 Robot Optimus Prime Autobot - Time Remaining: 9 days 8 minutes 23 seconds
Transformers Chara-Bricks Optimus Prime Glow-in-the-Dark 7-Inch Vinyl -2013 SDCC - Time Remaining: 2 days 20 hours 50 minutes 53 seconds
Transformers G2 Hubcap Minibot with Tech Specs Card - Time Remaining: 2 days 8 hours 53 minutes 57 seconds
Transformers Chara-Bricks Optimus Prime 7-Inch Vinyl - 2013 SDCC Excl - LE 150 - Time Remaining: 2 days 20 hours 50 minutes 58 seconds
Transformers Chara-Bricks Optimus Prime 7-Inch Vinyl - 2013 SDCC Excl - LE 300 - Time Remaining: 2 days 20 hours 51 minutes 18 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #154 - The Misfits