Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Transformers News: Target Clearancing Beast Fire Predaking, Contstruct-Bot Optimus Prime vs. Megatron set

Thursday, February 13th, 2014 2:58PM CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: ScoutBumblebee   Views: 11,744

We've been getting reports on a variety of clearance pricing for these figures for quite some time, and have even seen quite the swing in pricing at our local Targets. But at whatever the current price, it does seem Target is aiming to make you a deal on Beast Fire Predaking and Construct-Bot Optimus Prime vs Megatron. So far, Target.com doesn't seem to be reflecting the clearance pricing. Clearance priced figures can be found in Target's toy clearance aisles in most locations, and in some stores are going for some pretty amazing deals. At one of the Targets local to the Denver-metro area, Beast Fire Predaking was purchased for $12.48. Other users have spotted him anywhere from $12.48 to $17.48, on up to $34.49. The Construct-Bot sets are on clearance anywhere from $6.50 to $9.99, depending on location. If you've been considering any of these items, it sure seems now is the time to get them.

Credit(s): Seibertron.com community
Re: Target Clearancing Beast Fire Predaking, Contstruct-Bot Optimus Prime vs. Megatron set (1550338)
Posted by megatronus on February 13th, 2014 @ 3:02pm CST
I has no plans to pick up Beast Fire Predaking, but for under $20...

Guess I better troll my local Targets tomorrow. :twisted:
Re: Target Clearancing Beast Fire Predaking, Contstruct-Bot Optimus Prime vs. Megatron set (1550339)
Posted by Slashercon on February 13th, 2014 @ 3:04pm CST
Found Ultimate Predaking at Target 2 weeks ago for $24.98. I did plan on getting him earlier, but I'm glad I waited for him on clearance.
Re: Target Clearancing Beast Fire Predaking, Contstruct-Bot Optimus Prime vs. Megatron set (1550340)
Posted by ScoutBumblebee on February 13th, 2014 @ 3:04pm CST
Haha, I was in the same boat. The transformation was so simple, I wasn't terribly interested for $50... But at $12.48 it's a different story.
Re: Target Clearancing Beast Fire Predaking, Contstruct-Bot Optimus Prime vs. Megatron set (1550355)
Posted by Noideaforaname on February 13th, 2014 @ 3:40pm CST
My Target cleared out their Predakings already. Dunno if it ever got to the $12 price, last I saw it was $17.

I wonder if/when the other Pred Rising stuff will get clearanced. The Legion 2-pack and Predaking already did, so I'd imagine the others will eventually.
Granted even with those prices I'm still not terribly interested in any of them.
Re: Target Clearancing Beast Fire Predaking, Contstruct-Bot Optimus Prime vs. Megatron set (1550357)
Posted by It Is Him on February 13th, 2014 @ 3:53pm CST
No news credit for me? I even posted a picture :sad:
Re: Target Clearancing Beast Fire Predaking, Contstruct-Bot Optimus Prime vs. Megatron set (1550364)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on February 13th, 2014 @ 4:45pm CST
Just make sure you pay in cash! LOL, sorry I had to say it.
Re: Target Clearancing Beast Fire Predaking, Contstruct-Bot Optimus Prime vs. Megatron set (1550366)
Posted by ScoutBumblebee on February 13th, 2014 @ 4:47pm CST
It Is Him wrote:No news credit for me? I even posted a picture :sad:

We got so many emails and messages about this one, it would have been next to impossible to pick someone to give news credit to.
Re: Target Clearancing Beast Fire Predaking, Contstruct-Bot Optimus Prime vs. Megatron set (1550381)
Posted by gjcv1408 on February 13th, 2014 @ 5:02pm CST
returned the one i bougth retail and bought two for 20 a week ago..
Re: Target Clearancing Beast Fire Predaking, Contstruct-Bot Optimus Prime vs. Megatron set (1550386)
Posted by It Is Him on February 13th, 2014 @ 5:15pm CST
ScoutBumblebee wrote:
It Is Him wrote:No news credit for me? I even posted a picture :sad:

It's alright. I was just hoping this would be my chance to raise my news credits past 11. For some reason based on nothing even resembling rational thought, I find 11, or a series of 11s (ex:11:11am) to be unnerving.
Re: Target Clearancing Beast Fire Predaking, Contstruct-Bot Optimus Prime vs. Megatron set (1550447)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on February 13th, 2014 @ 9:58pm CST
$6.50 for that Construct Bots set, you say? I just bought another one today for $6.24 (yeah, whoop-dee-slag, but if you wanna' army-build or stock up on future birthday/Christmas presents for younger extended family, it adds up), and that's at 3 different Targets too. But canvassing the SE Michigan stores between Napier and Beech-Daly, I've seen ones for just 50 cents or $2.50 more. No rhyme or reason to it.

Well, except for one consistency: The stores that have that set for $8.74 are the ones that have Predaking for $17.48, and therefore aren't sold out yet. They'll often be on a clearance shelf 2 or 3 aisles away from the other TFs. The Legion vs. sets are long gone, and I keep scanning all their exclusives in between the 2 extremes, but nothing else is budging yet. My hunch is that they'd have to clearance all Preds Rising figures sharing the same price point at the same time.

I posted more details in the MI sightings thread, more to come.
Re: Target Clearancing Beast Fire Predaking, Contstruct-Bot Optimus Prime vs. Megatron set (1550460)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on February 14th, 2014 @ 12:23am CST
It Is Him wrote:No news credit for me? I even posted a picture :sad:

I may not have posted a pic but I started this thread. Can I get half a credit then? I'm only foolin' :P :VEHI:
Re: Target Clearancing Beast Fire Predaking, Contstruct-Bot Optimus Prime vs. Megatron set (1550546)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on February 14th, 2014 @ 12:15pm CST
Just added 2 more sightings to the Michigan thread when something dawned on me about that C-Bot set not only being on clearance, but marked down the same percent as Predaking regardless of what the percent is: could it be that Target has them both listed as "Ultimate" class, so they can't clearance one without the other, even though Predaking's original price was nearly double the 2-pack's?

You wouldn't think simple wording would trump actual price points, especially when one is their exclusive and one not, but Target's always had more pricing irregularities than any other big retailer I can think of.
Re: Target Clearancing Beast Fire Predaking, Contstruct-Bot Optimus Prime vs. Megatron set (1550906)
Posted by RAcast on February 15th, 2014 @ 10:22am CST
Snagged the Optimus vs. Megatron Constructbots set for about $6.50. I'm definitely happy at that.
Re: Target Clearancing Beast Fire Predaking, Contstruct-Bot Optimus Prime vs. Megatron set (1554209)
Posted by OptiMagnus on February 28th, 2014 @ 2:49pm CST
I was at my local Target a few days ago and they had Beast Fire Predaking for $34.98. I went back today and got him for $10.48! What a steal!
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #103 - Road Trip