TFA Perceptor's alt mode revealed

Transformers News: TFA Perceptor's alt mode revealed

Friday, January 16th, 2009 10:56AM CST

Category: Cartoon News
Posted by: Dead Metal   Views: 18,114

Unicron.com has received official Cartoon Network control art of Transformers Animated Perceptor.
These images reveal that Perceptor is a triplechanger.
To see the images and the original posting just click here.

Stay tuned to seibertron.com for all your Transformers related news!
Credit(s): El Duque, Unicron.com

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: TFA Perceptor's alt mode revealed (867941)
Posted by olokin on January 16th, 2009 @ 11:05am CST
Nice. An Autobot triplechanger.
Re: TFA Perceptor's alt mode revealed (867946)
Posted by Venomous Prime on January 16th, 2009 @ 11:08am CST
MOOOOOJO JOJO!!
Re: TFA Perceptor's alt mode revealed (867949)
Posted by Editor on January 16th, 2009 @ 11:12am CST
Re: TFA Perceptor's alt mode revealed (867954)
Posted by Mirage22 on January 16th, 2009 @ 11:23am CST
I like it. Especially how he's a triple-changer. I wonder what size class his figure will be with him having three modes, but he doesn't seem like he would be taller than Prime.
Re: TFA Perceptor's alt mode revealed (867956)
Posted by Omega Charge on January 16th, 2009 @ 11:28am CST
It would make for a cool toy.

Really cool alt-modes, but I really don't like the Mojo-bot.
Re: TFA Perceptor's alt mode revealed (867962)
Posted by omega666 on January 16th, 2009 @ 11:37am CST
That just looks bad.
Re: TFA Perceptor's alt mode revealed (867969)
Posted by astig on January 16th, 2009 @ 11:47am CST
i wonder how the toy is gonna be like. how do they hide those giant wheels? he's pretty slim to have a bulky pickup truck as an altmode. anyway the design looks cool. he still looks like mojo jojo though. :P
Re: TFA Perceptor's alt mode revealed (867981)
Posted by First-Aid on January 16th, 2009 @ 12:05pm CST
If Hasbro pulls off this alt-mode with that bot mode, I will take back every bad thing I have ever said about them.

I don't think it's a pickup so much as it's a subcompact convertable type of thing...along the lines of an El Camino but smaller.

Editor wrote:He is a robot, not a monkey. If he was a monkey that maybe he could be MOOOOOJO JOJO. But MOOOOOJO JOJO is not a robot, he is a monkey. For only a monkey could be MOOOOOJO JOJO. Not a robot.

Good, but I don't think your response was long enough to really successfully copy the pattern of MOOOOOOOJO JOJO. :mrgreen:
Re: TFA Perceptor's alt mode revealed (867985)
Posted by SJ21 on January 16th, 2009 @ 12:15pm CST
I am not a big fan of the look of his head, but I like the take on his alt mode. Very creative while a reference to G1. I will buy this when it comes out in toy form.
Re: TFA Perceptor's alt mode revealed (867986)
Posted by Mkall on January 16th, 2009 @ 12:15pm CST
He'll need to be voyager sized to pull these forms off with any degree of success I think
Re: TFA Perceptor's alt mode revealed (868002)
Posted by metaphorge on January 16th, 2009 @ 12:44pm CST
I like how his midsection in robot mode echos the Autobot symbol. Very nice subtle design touch.

If they manage to translate this design into a toy I will be immensely impressed.
Re: TFA Perceptor's alt mode revealed (868009)
Posted by Bluevolt on January 16th, 2009 @ 1:01pm CST
Liking that.
Re: TFA Perceptor's alt mode revealed (868013)
Posted by kirbenvost on January 16th, 2009 @ 1:06pm CST
Cool, I like it! IF they make a toy I'd definitely buy it.
Re: TFA Perceptor's alt mode revealed (868018)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on January 16th, 2009 @ 1:14pm CST
What the hell is that
Re: TFA Perceptor's alt mode revealed (868024)
Posted by Savage on January 16th, 2009 @ 1:20pm CST
I'm with all the others who don't see how they're gonna pull off that skinny robot with such a bulky alt mode. Maybe, as suggested it could be done with a Voyager class fig. I guess we'll have to wait and see.
Re: TFA Perceptor's alt mode revealed (868038)
Posted by Dead Metal on January 16th, 2009 @ 2:07pm CST
If you have a look at the sheets, it states that what people say is the pick up mode is in fact his Microscope mode.
Re: TFA Perceptor's alt mode revealed (868045)
Posted by DMSL on January 16th, 2009 @ 2:23pm CST
Wow awesome, so he will be a voyager then?

Only thing i don't like are his glasses, what's up with that?
Re: TFA Perceptor's alt mode revealed (868053)
Posted by Bombus distinguendus on January 16th, 2009 @ 2:49pm CST
oh man thats awsome. i cant wait for the toy...it will so be mine!
Re: TFA Perceptor's alt mode revealed (868090)
Posted by backpack on January 16th, 2009 @ 3:17pm CST

ROOOOOBO JOJO
Re: TFA Perceptor's alt mode revealed (868092)
Posted by rpetras on January 16th, 2009 @ 3:18pm CST
I'm skeptical about how they are going to implement him, but they have done some nice work on keeping the TFA line really close in both modes.