TFC Toys Dino-Combiner Prototype Images

Transformers News: TFC Toys Dino-Combiner Prototype Images

Sunday, October 23rd, 2011 12:50AM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Unlicensed Products News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 57,657

Dinobots have been the talk of the fandom since it was revealed that Grimlock and company would be featured in next year's Transformers: Fall of Cybertron. Now we have some Dinobot (or would it be Dino-nots?) news from the third-party front. Some new prototype images of TFC Toys' Dino-combiner have surfaced on ACToys. All five figures are revealed in dinosaur mode, as well as their combined form. Like TFC Toys' Hercules set, the Dino-combiner will also feature individual weapons that combine. Even if you're not a fan of the set's combining gimmick these figures look as though they could serve as good individual Dinobots. Of course that will depend heavily on their final colors.

Credit(s): Scaleface, ACToys
Re: TFC Toys Dino-Combiner Prototype Images (1304180)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on October 23rd, 2011 @ 12:56am CDT
Re: TFC Toys Dino-Combiner Prototype Images (1304182)
Posted by MR Optimus Prime on October 23rd, 2011 @ 1:11am CDT
I really think its time with the know how these companies have that all these combiner pieces start getting built into the figures. I would rather not have feet and hands that have to be set off to the side.
Re: TFC Toys Dino-Combiner Prototype Images (1304183)
Posted by JaffleMaker on October 23rd, 2011 @ 1:16am CDT
OK, but I'd prefer an upgrade set that would allow you to combine the orginal G1 toys into such a mode. :)
Re: TFC Toys Dino-Combiner Prototype Images (1304185)
Posted by MR Optimus Prime on October 23rd, 2011 @ 1:26am CDT
Re: TFC Toys Dino-Combiner Prototype Images (1304188)
Posted by Flux Convoy on October 23rd, 2011 @ 1:39am CDT
Oh wow! That's really pretty cool. Nice to see an actual 3D model of the plans we've seen.
:BOT:
Re: TFC Toys Dino-Combiner Prototype Images (1304190)
Posted by Cybershark on October 23rd, 2011 @ 1:43am CDT
MR Optimus Prime wrote:How about a drone dinosaur that becomes all the pieces for G1 Dinobots to combine?

i think drone pieces are lazy and they all suck, look at the failed PCC line and any other drone bots. They suck.Keeping them individual and all transforming adds value.

And for people complaining about NOT having add on pieces. Its much better to have add on pieces that fit, then once again the lazy and UGLY Energon combiners that do not have true hands or feet. Its why 3rd parties make upgrades for them.

This combiner looks pretty good especially since its coming from a 3rd party. It could use a larger head, unless this isnt the final product. The feet are actually cool, like the Predacons feet cannons but with 3! cool. What I wanna know is what the combiner is to its left in the pic? A DEFENSOR??
Re: TFC Toys Dino-Combiner Prototype Images (1304191)
Posted by El Duque on October 23rd, 2011 @ 1:48am CDT
Cybershark wrote:What I wanna know is what the combiner is to its left in the pic? A DEFENSOR??

El Duque wrote:Just in case you're wondering who the other combiner is in image three, it's another TFC Toys project based on Star Cats Rescue Team, a Chinese cartoon. While not a Transformers related project, it appears a Denfensor-ish repaint may be in the cards based on the last image mirrored below.
Re: TFC Toys Dino-Combiner Prototype Images (1304192)
Posted by Cybershark on October 23rd, 2011 @ 1:51am CDT
El Duque wrote:

lol, Yea I seen it after I hit send, I was being lazy reading, thanks.

I also think the Dino former could be larger it seems rather small as well as the head could be larger too. And it needs some kind of chest shield. Just what I think.
Re: TFC Toys Dino-Combiner Prototype Images (1304193)
Posted by ShadowGinrai on October 23rd, 2011 @ 1:53am CDT
Eh, never really cared for a combining dinobot team. And I could definitely live without a 3rd party recolor of something not Transformer related wannabe Defensor. Custom 3rd party products are starting to feel like Knock Offs of Transformers characters to me (more detailed updated articulated KO's but still KO's). Don't get me wrong, I love my City Commander, and when I have the rest of Hercules I will probably love him too. The Cygar upgrade for Kup and the upgrade for movie Screamer are all great. But the Ironhide/Ratchet, Huffer/Seaspray/Powerglide and other thing (sorry for only using iGear products) seem like updated, articulated KO's to me. So do the two Devastators. But the upgrade sets like CC, Protector, Leader SS jets/saw, Cygar, and Tanker don't feel like KO's to me, just improvements. Anyway, that's just my two cents. :CON:
Re: TFC Toys Dino-Combiner Prototype Images (1304199)
Posted by dabattousai on October 23rd, 2011 @ 2:47am CDT
In my opinion, the Dinobots were never meant to combine and if I wanted dinosaurs to combine together, I would just pull out my old Dinozords from Power Rangers. >:oP
Re: TFC Toys Dino-Combiner Prototype Images (1304206)
Posted by fenrir72 on October 23rd, 2011 @ 3:15am CDT
Re: TFC Toys Dino-Combiner Prototype Images (1304208)
Posted by El Duque on October 23rd, 2011 @ 3:17am CDT
I'll agree that there was no good reason to make the Dinobots combiners, if the Hercules figures are any indication these could very well make great Classics universe Dinobots as stand alone figures. I do wish they would have took the extra engineering that went into making them combine and put it into making really awesome individual figures, but when it comes to Dinobots I'll take what I can get.
Re: TFC Toys Dino-Combiner Prototype Images (1304215)
Posted by DMSL on October 23rd, 2011 @ 4:01am CDT
I'll be onboard for Hercules because i've liked what i have seen so far. Hope it will stay together nicely when combined though.

These prototypes i don't like at all. The Dinobots look awkward in their Dinosaur modes. They look more like cheap plastic figures that you get for a Dollar and are always inaccurate looking and most of those share the same heads with jaws open showing teeth. If they want me to get these they have to either design them so they look like the Dinobots from G1 or the real thing.

Before anyone else beats me to it, Dinosaurs are not lizards and a Pteranodon is not an official Dinosaur, it's a flying reptile. Dinosaurs are land based animals.
Re: TFC Toys Dino-Combiner Prototype Images (1304221)
Posted by dinogeist on October 23rd, 2011 @ 4:43am CDT
I love this dinobot combiner. hopefully they give the combiner a bigger gestalt head & a huge sword.
Re: TFC Toys Dino-Combiner Prototype Images (1304253)
Posted by griftimus prime on October 23rd, 2011 @ 8:26am CDT
both of these combiners are win. i will have them both. dont care about the price. hasbro is getting its ass kicked by these third party creators
Re: TFC Toys Dino-Combiner Prototype Images (1304257)
Posted by NTESHFT on October 23rd, 2011 @ 8:50am CDT
fenrir72 wrote:Very nice! But I have to agree with some of the opinions that the Dinobots aren't meant to merge. They're not like the Predacons' bio/personality. Bruisers who do it one on one :grin:

True dat. If I buy them *and it's only depending on my money situation at that time) I most likely will only combine them once, but leave them stand alone figs. They will be the Dinobots Hasbro never created...........
Re: TFC Toys Dino-Combiner Prototype Images (1304264)
Posted by YoungPrime on October 23rd, 2011 @ 9:27am CDT
Megatron Wolf wrote:that pretty cool. why cant hasbro buy the rights to produce some of these 3rd party figures, most of them are better than what hasbros putting out these days and it would save the fandom some money. Not to mention make hasbro more money.

That would be like admitting defeat or at the most part revealing that they're dropping the ball on the supply and demand game.
Re: TFC Toys Dino-Combiner Prototype Images (1304267)
Posted by Optimusfan79 on October 23rd, 2011 @ 9:46am CDT
With dinobots combining every single TF fan can't say they didn't want to see that when you watch Heavy Metal War, The Movie, & Call of the Primitives, seeing Devestator get the best of them or watching them not begin able to handle Predaking & Abominus. Look @ that custom dinobot custom everyone would want that. Next to a city TF the dino's r suppose to be the badest bots out their. I'm happy somebody went above & beyond to give us want 90% of TF fans always wanted to see hasbro do. It looks great so far can't what to see the finished product!
Re: TFC Toys Dino-Combiner Prototype Images (1304275)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on October 23rd, 2011 @ 10:08am CDT
It's nice that they combine, but not something I nessasarily want.

The colors they showed for these guys erarlier didn't impress me either. And why does Swoop have a visor? But ... maybe I'll get 'em since I love the Dinobots and want updated versions of them. We'll see when they come out, I guess. Who knows, maybe there'll be another 3rd party Dinobot set in the works by then.
Re: TFC Toys Dino-Combiner Prototype Images (1304284)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on October 23rd, 2011 @ 10:59am CDT
Hmm, interesting. These might be my Classics Dinobots.

Ending Soon On eBay

TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS MAGNABOSS 3PC COMBINER FIGURE - Time Remaining: 22 days 1 hour 48 minutes 9 seconds
Transformers Prime Beast Hunters OPTIMUS PRIME Dragon Assault Ultimate New Loose - Time Remaining: 3 days 3 hours 4 minutes 42 seconds
original G1 Transformers PREDACON SWORD LOT x2 Predaking Tantrum Rampage - Time Remaining: 2 days 35 minutes 19 seconds
Transformers Generations BUMBLEBEE Hasbro IDW 30th Anniversary w Dr Wu Cane Gun - Time Remaining: 2 days 12 hours 51 minutes 17 seconds
Transformers Combiner Wars "DEFENSOR" Complete Protectobot Set w/ GROOVE *NEW* - Time Remaining: 17 days 14 hours 6 minutes 22 seconds
TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS ORIGINAL RATTRAP RAT TRAP  FIGURE - Time Remaining: 8 days 1 hour 22 minutes 11 seconds
TRANSFORMERS CYBERTRON SERIES THUNDERBLAST  WITH  KEY - Time Remaining: 2 days 10 hours 30 minutes 15 seconds
Transformers Generations  Age Of Extinction Deluxe  Class AD07 SLUG Takara - Time Remaining: 3 days 7 hours 3 minutes 8 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #156 - Gestalt Theory