TFC Toys Taking on the Technobots?

Transformers News: TFC Toys Taking on the Technobots?

Monday, March 5th, 2012 9:31AM CST

Categories: Toy News, Rumors, Unlicensed Products News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 81,106

Some interesting Technobot concept sketches have been posted by Xiao Red (who always seems to have the inside track on TFC Toys info) over on ACToys. It appears third-party toy company TFC Toys may be considering the Technobots as their next Transformers related project. This would also be consistent with the hints they dropped on their facebook page about their next project featuring red and white on each figure. The concept sketches for Afterburner, Strafe, Lightspeed, and Nosecone are mirrored below. This should be treated as a rumor for the moment. As we all know by now third-party companies are notorious for teasing and starting projects that never see fruition.

Credit(s): Daimchoc, ACToys
Re: TFC Toys Taking on the Technobots? (1355073)
Posted by Counterpunch on March 5th, 2012 @ 10:05am CST
I will not be able to resist this...Ho-ly crap.
Re: TFC Toys Taking on the Technobots? (1355074)
Posted by Mkall on March 5th, 2012 @ 10:07am CST
Well this is indeed good news to wake up to.

I wonder how scale is going to work out? Either way it's going to be awesome!
Re: TFC Toys Taking on the Technobots? (1355076)
Posted by Blackstreak on March 5th, 2012 @ 10:19am CST
:APPLAUSE:
:KREMZEEK:
Re: TFC Toys Taking on the Technobots? (1355077)
Posted by worldsgreatest on March 5th, 2012 @ 10:20am CST
This would be so awesome. Fingers crossed.
Re: TFC Toys Taking on the Technobots? (1355080)
Posted by Prime Evil on March 5th, 2012 @ 10:22am CST
Re: TFC Toys Taking on the Technobots? (1355082)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on March 5th, 2012 @ 10:24am CST
The Technobots aren't on my want list, so it's an easy pass.

What happened to their Dinobots? Not that I wanted them, but it's weird that they aren't moving forward with those first.
Re: TFC Toys Taking on the Technobots? (1355094)
Posted by DecepticonFinishline on March 5th, 2012 @ 11:03am CST
Mkall wrote:Well this is indeed good news to wake up to.

I wonder how scale is going to work out? Either way it's going to be awesome!

Hopefully all the limbs as deluxe (sold 2 at a time?) and Scattorshot as (near) Ultra class. I'm excited to see a Scattorshot that ISN'T based on TF Cybertron Scattorshot.

Gauntlet101010 wrote:The Technobots aren't on my want list, so it's an easy pass.

The Dinobot combiner seemed to receive a lot of flak here. I think with the success of Hercules it makes sense that they want to work on a G1-based combiner.

All in all, I haven't seen a Computron since the original. If it's designed with just a little of the greatness of Hercules, then I CAN'T WAIT.
Re: TFC Toys Taking on the Technobots? (1355095)
Posted by Mkall on March 5th, 2012 @ 11:07am CST
DecepticonFinishline wrote:
Mkall wrote:Well this is indeed good news to wake up to.

I wonder how scale is going to work out? Either way it's going to be awesome!

I'm kinda hoping for the opposite actually; I'm hoping that they'll be scout/deluxe figures so the end result could be in scale with all the other combiners, but I'm doubting that's the case. TFC's going for their own scale I think.
Re: TFC Toys Taking on the Technobots? (1355097)
Posted by DMSL on March 5th, 2012 @ 11:11am CST
If these are going to be as good or better than Hercules/not constructicons i'm getting them all. Though i hope the colours will be G1 accurate i woulden't mind if they were all red with white details. Apart from Scattershot and Strafe that is they should definately be all white with red details.
Re: TFC Toys Taking on the Technobots? (1355099)
Posted by DecepticonFinishline on March 5th, 2012 @ 11:14am CST
Mkall wrote:
DecepticonFinishline wrote:
Mkall wrote:Well this is indeed good news to wake up to.

I wonder how scale is going to work out? Either way it's going to be awesome!

I love their new scale! I want them all! I want the top of my shelf to house several leviathans!!! :BOWDOWN: :BOWDOWN:
Re: TFC Toys Taking on the Technobots? (1355103)
Posted by DrLegend on March 5th, 2012 @ 11:21am CST
:DANCE: :DANCE: :DANCE: :DANCE: :DANCE:

This is fantastic news! Computron was the one combiner I never owned yet always wanted. With the rumors of Fansproject wanting to make Stunticons, I'm happy to see that they're not trying to double dip.
Re: TFC Toys Taking on the Technobots? (1355105)
Posted by Kibble on March 5th, 2012 @ 11:29am CST

Before they actually released Herc, TFC was really good at announcing things and less good at getting the damn things out.
Re: TFC Toys Taking on the Technobots? (1355114)
Posted by Rated X on March 5th, 2012 @ 12:01pm CST
Mkall wrote:
DecepticonFinishline wrote:
Mkall wrote:Well this is indeed good news to wake up to.

I wonder how scale is going to work out? Either way it's going to be awesome!

Im pretty confident it will be 4 scouts/deluxes and a voyager. This is not a 6 member team like the Constructicon set. Plus, as we saw in the Michael Bay films, construction vechicles are huge. That is what they probally were thinking when they made Hercules so huge. But I think complaints about Hercules price to make them scale down a bit. Best part is this opens up the door for Abominus. :D
Re: TFC Toys Taking on the Technobots? (1355119)
Posted by zodconvoy on March 5th, 2012 @ 12:29pm CST
If it's in scale with Superion and Bruticus, maybe. If it's Herc scaled they just not getting my money. >:oP
Re: TFC Toys Taking on the Technobots? (1355120)
Posted by --B-- on March 5th, 2012 @ 12:31pm CST
I really hope this is somewhat affordable, Computron was one of the few G1's that I had complete since I got them as a kid, and was truly disappointed the day I had to let him go.
Re: TFC Toys Taking on the Technobots? (1355147)
Posted by Daggor on March 5th, 2012 @ 1:52pm CST
Strafe was always one of my favorite toys - a simple transformation, but I'd love to see an update.
Re: TFC Toys Taking on the Technobots? (1355150)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on March 5th, 2012 @ 2:03pm CST
Prime Evil wrote:If each figure for this set cost as much as each figure as the Hercules set, I'm out. I would like this, but definitely not WANT this. He's not that important.

Right, what he said! ;)^ :VEHI:
Re: TFC Toys Taking on the Technobots? (1355171)
Posted by kirbenvost on March 5th, 2012 @ 2:47pm CST
Interesting. :-? I can't say Computron is high on my list of wanted figures, but G1 Afterburner was one of my first Transformers ever... so I'm curious about how this will turn out.
Re: TFC Toys Taking on the Technobots? (1355192)
Posted by RiddlerJ on March 5th, 2012 @ 3:27pm CST
I see Nosecone and Strafe recolored into Twin Twist and Top Spin.
Re: TFC Toys Taking on the Technobots? (1355196)
Posted by DevastaTTor on March 5th, 2012 @ 3:39pm CST
I'm interested if for no other reason than my "classic" Autobots are becoming painfully out-numbered. Do hope the scale isn't too huge; would prefer this Bruticus scaled versus another Hercules-sized beast.

Ending Soon On eBay

JETFIRE : Leader Class 10 inch - TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS FOC Action Figure -NEW - Time Remaining: 13 days 21 hours 58 minutes 52 seconds
Transformers Generations Combiner Wars VICTORION BOX SET Hasbro Action Figures - Time Remaining: 2 days 6 hours 59 minutes 13 seconds
MISB in USA - Takara Transformers Masterpiece MP-25 Tracks G1 Corve (USA Seller) - Time Remaining: 7 days 51 minutes 35 seconds
TRANSFORMERS TAKARA REISSUE 90 YELLOW SIDESWIPE *** TIGERTRACK *** E-HOBBY TIGER - Time Remaining: 6 days 17 hours 52 minutes 1 second
Transformers Armada Megatron & Leader-1 Mini-Con MIB 100% Complete - Time Remaining: 29 days 2 hours 7 minutes 57 seconds
Transformers 2004 Energon "Shockblast" aka Shockwave Figure MIB Complete w/Box - Time Remaining: 8 days 1 hour 38 minutes 20 seconds
TRANSFORMERS PLATINUM EDITION OPTIMUS PRIME YR OF SNAKE(NIB) - Time Remaining: 2 days 24 minutes 40 seconds
Hasbro Transformers Animated TRU ONLY Arcee Deluxe Action Figure MOC - Time Remaining: 28 days 5 hours 27 minutes 54 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #160 - Grappling with Memory