TFCC 2013 Membership Incentive Figure Depthcharge Art

Transformers News: TFCC 2013 Membership Incentive Figure Depthcharge Art

Monday, May 7th, 2012 8:59PM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Collector's Club News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 43,349

The official Transformers Collectors' Club has posted Robby Musso's official artwork for next year's membership incentive figure Depthcharge, a redeco of HFTD Terradive. The figure and artwork were shown at the BotCon 2012 TFCC panel, but here's a better look at the artwork.

All new and current members who have an active membership as of March 16th, 2013 will receive DEPTHCHARGE, the Transformers Collectors' Club exclusive membership incentive deluxe figure. DEPTHCHARGE is scheduled to ship Spring 2013. You won't want to miss out on this amazing figure!

Also on tap for later THIS year, the all-new Transformers Figure Subscription Service (TFSS). The service will consist of SIX exclusive figures you can only purchase through the Transformers Collectors' Club.

Credit(s): TFCC

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: TFCC 2013 Membership Incentive Figure Depthcharge Art (1377869)
Posted by vaporretarder on May 7th, 2012 @ 9:38pm CDT
easy pass,...hands down,...
Re: TFCC 2013 Membership Incentive Figure Depthcharge Art (1377873)
Posted by cannonfodder4000 on May 7th, 2012 @ 9:45pm CDT
Sorta Dreamwavey but with less puffiness and panel lines, anyone agree?
Re: TFCC 2013 Membership Incentive Figure Depthcharge Art (1377876)
Posted by Alpha Weltall on May 7th, 2012 @ 9:58pm CDT
This looks pretty decent and I wouldn't mind getting it at all.

However, I think that the Emperor Palpatine/Imperial Shuttle would make a much better Depthcharge. The white version would be very easy to work with and you could probably use the head from a BW Depthcharge. Not to mention it would be closer to the size of the Beast Wars toy too.

Re: TFCC 2013 Membership Incentive Figure Depthcharge Art (1377877)
Posted by LiKwid on May 7th, 2012 @ 10:11pm CDT
Some info on the subscription service would be great..kthanxbye :P

Cant wait for this fig( well actually I guess I have too ) The rest of the subscription figures look amazing too!
Re: TFCC 2013 Membership Incentive Figure Depthcharge Art (1377878)
Posted by LiKwid on May 7th, 2012 @ 10:15pm CDT
bvzxa wrote:
LiKwid wrote:
Wheeljack35 wrote:Well this is disappointing.It makes me NOT want to re-up on my membership

So you make that call based on a free figure? Puzzling.... #-o

I'll re up for this and the other tasty figures to come..

It's not "free", if you did not pay for said subscription to 6 15-page magazines, there would be no figure. Oldest sales trick in the book. at least the Hot Wheels Red Line Club admits to the "free" car never really being free, so I don't see the difference.

If they didn't offer an "incentive" (which it is) then people probably would laugh at the $65 or or $45 you spend for basically a shiny newsletter.

Also they don't use a totally new mold, it's a repaint or repaint/head swap. So really what it costs them to reproduce from the mold with a few minor changes actually doesn't hurt them at all.

I didn't join in 2011 because I did not like Rodimus Sideburn. So I missed a whole year and did not get the G2 Ramjet. So if he does not like what he sees he's smart not to re-up for early-inside information that would only be revealed within a few more days anyway.

Can't blame dude at all for the dislike.

I agree with everything you said. I was merely commenting on the decision to not want re rejoin so he can "avoid" gettting a figure you dont like, just seemed like flawed logic but hey :P

I've seen the other subscription service figures and believe me..it's worth re uppin..
Re: TFCC 2013 Membership Incentive Figure Depthcharge Art (1377894)
Posted by prmlove1 on May 7th, 2012 @ 11:29pm CDT
After two years of truly exceptional free figures, I must admit I am very underwhelmed by this figure. No matter, I will get it regardless...
Re: TFCC 2013 Membership Incentive Figure Depthcharge Art (1377910)
Posted by xyl360 on May 8th, 2012 @ 1:10am CDT
I think we all saw this repaint coming, though I must admit I expected it from Hasbro directly, not the club, especially given the fact that his face already resembles Depth Charge and the dude even comes with a trident. I certainly expected this repaint long before I ever expected Space Case (which is what we got instead).

I'm down for some more Beast Wars love, so bring him on. He'll be my pre-Beast Wars Depth Charge, now all I need is a Starhopper (and a Transwarp Cruiser for X-9 Ravage ;)).
Re: TFCC 2013 Membership Incentive Figure Depthcharge Art (1377921)
Posted by gavinfuzzy on May 8th, 2012 @ 3:50am CDT

Dayum, I should have thought of that before i eagerly signed up in January.
Re: TFCC 2013 Membership Incentive Figure Depthcharge Art (1377939)
Posted by Vicalliose on May 8th, 2012 @ 7:23am CDT
gavinfuzzy wrote:Hold up. I think I found a small loophole. Remember how the subcribtion deadline for Runamuck was extended to around 20th March due to their systems crashing? So, say someone signed up on 18th march this year, and got a Runamuck. So it expires 18th March 2012 and he gets another Depthcharge? :lol:

Dayum, I should have thought of that before i eagerly signed up in January.

They added a month onto my subscription once due to an inconvenience. It doesn't work that way.

Anyway, I'm still not resigning myself to conformity. Y'all are just easily bought.
Re: TFCC 2013 Membership Incentive Figure Depthcharge Art (1377950)
Posted by Heavy B on May 8th, 2012 @ 8:23am CDT
Vicalliose wrote:

Dayum, I should have thought of that before i eagerly signed up in January.

Thats right buddy. You're a nonconformist, just like EVERYONE else.

I like the figgure (always had a soft spot for Beast Wars). I'm just dissipointed that, with ALL the possible molds, we don't get a pre-beast wars "Protoform X". We insted get "Circuit" and "Kick Off".
Re: TFCC 2013 Membership Incentive Figure Depthcharge Art (1377955)
Posted by Vicalliose on May 8th, 2012 @ 8:40am CDT
Dr. Heavy B wrote:Thats right buddy. You're a nonconformist, just like EVERYONE else.
I'm hardly a "nonconformist" in general, I won't lie. I'm just not tolerant of the club anymore. I was hoping they would die after this year's debacle, but it seems plenty of people are ready to jump back on the bandwagon after they showed off their exclusives. But the transformers fandom in general has a "take what we get" attitude, which is something I really despise. Hell, that attitude it's what's wrong with the world in general from my point of view.
Re: TFCC 2013 Membership Incentive Figure Depthcharge Art (1378005)
Posted by zodconvoy on May 8th, 2012 @ 11:12am CDT
I'm in. I'm not a fan of either the mold or Depthcharge but because I enjoy being a member of the Club. I like the little magazine and it's brief flashes of comic story and insight into the history of the brand.

Depthcharge will be stuck with the 10th Anniversary Primel & Megatron, U2.0 Dinobot & Cheetor, and the repaint of Backstop in Rhinox's colors. Seriously, how are there not more Beast Wars Classics figures?

Alpha Weltall wrote:This looks pretty decent and I wouldn't mind getting it at all.

But he's clearly a Jhiaxus waiting to happen. Even the head has the same overly detailed organic look that Jhiaxus had in the G2 comics!
Re: TFCC 2013 Membership Incentive Figure Depthcharge Art (1378020)
Posted by Mkall on May 8th, 2012 @ 12:24pm CDT
Vicalliose wrote:

It wasn't the exclusives that did it for me. Hell, I was ready to abandon ship this year too after what happened. What changed my mind however was that the first thing Brian Savage did at the Club panel was apologize for it all and give us signs that things are improving. There are questions whether or not they can handle the figure subscription; maybe they can and maybe they can't but I'm going to let them try.

I don't want The Club to die off. It's not because of any real loyalty to them, but if The Club were to go away, then someone else will try to take their plae and we'd have to suffer through years of watching the replacement try to get things going.
Re: TFCC 2013 Membership Incentive Figure Depthcharge Art (1378031)
Posted by Kibble on May 8th, 2012 @ 1:12pm CDT
I agree with what was said in the podcast, Scourge shoulda been the freebie and this just in the subscription. I'm not a fan of that Laser Prime mold (although I have found my problem with it is much more as Prime than the mold itself...though it's a bit wonky, the repaints have actually come out pretty nice looking) but I have enough interest in Scourge that I would have for sure kept my membership. As it is, I'm leaning toward not renewing. Don't care at all about this fig, I'm starting to lean toward just skipping the one fig I wanted in Breakdown and instead waiting for him as part of a 3rd Party combining Menasor, and Scourge I could probably even live without or have a local order an extra.

Funny how FunPub was talking about "if you think this year's Club figs are something, just wait till you see next year's!" I'm starting to think anytime you hear that, be prepared to be utterly underwhelmed...even without the hype machine trying to pump you up and tell you to hold onto your seat. Despite 7 new figs on tap, I think this next year's offering will be the weakest in years.
Re: TFCC 2013 Membership Incentive Figure Depthcharge Art (1378048)
Posted by Counterpunch on May 8th, 2012 @ 2:18pm CDT

I mean, good on me. I have a group of figures who will welcome a new addition (after five years since Airrazor). But...why should anyone without that set care about Depthcharge?
Re: TFCC 2013 Membership Incentive Figure Depthcharge Art (1378059)
Posted by Rhinox23 on May 8th, 2012 @ 2:46pm CDT
Counterpunch wrote:Question: But...why should anyone without that set care about Depthcharge?

I'm not a TFCC member but I'm considering becoming one for this figure. To answer your question, as a big BW fan I just want this guy to go with my Transmetal Depthcharge. I think it would be cool to have his Maximal but pre-beast form too. I'm still trying to decide if it's worth spending the $45 though. I'm not entirely convinced. Does anybody have any major pros or cons of becoming a TFCC member. $45 is a lot for one figure...
Re: TFCC 2013 Membership Incentive Figure Depthcharge Art (1378060)
Posted by xyl360 on May 8th, 2012 @ 2:51pm CDT
Counterpunch wrote:Question: Why does anyone who does not own the 2006 BotCon Dawn of Future's Past box-set give a damn about getting this toy?

Because in my opinion, the Dawn of Future's Past set SUCKS and is way overpriced and because I have these (which I've made massive improvements on over the past several months since my painting and modding skills have improved).
Re: TFCC 2013 Membership Incentive Figure Depthcharge Art (1378074)
Posted by Heavy B on May 8th, 2012 @ 3:37pm CDT

Answer: Because Depthcharge was a a cool character. Its like why are people excited about a classics breakdown when, A) the others aren't likely to see release (except for dragstrip who actually came out) And B) they can't combine. Combining is a pretty important part to the stunticons. They just want the bloody toy. What do you care?
Re: TFCC 2013 Membership Incentive Figure Depthcharge Art (1378082)
Posted by Mkall on May 8th, 2012 @ 4:04pm CDT

I'm slapping an Autobot sticker on him and putting him in with my Generations figs.
Re: TFCC 2013 Membership Incentive Figure Depthcharge Art (1378090)
Posted by Counterpunch on May 8th, 2012 @ 4:38pm CDT
Dr. Heavy B wrote:

First off, your comparison does not work.

This is a BW character who has been given a non-beast alt. It would be like getting a Breakdown who turns into, oh let's say a woodpecker. Now you have exactly one G1 figure with a new beast alt mode. Give him a whole shelf to himself. The combination aspect has nothing to do with it.

Just "wanting the bloody toy" is a perfectly reasonable excuse. I just asked a question that was calling the Club's decision into question, not other people's personal tastes. So, do me a favor and get agro somewhere else.

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #145 - May Mayhem