TFCC 2014 Exclusives Protoform X and Trans-Mutate Images

Transformers News: TFCC 2014 Exclusives Protoform X and Trans-Mutate Images

Friday, January 17th, 2014 10:06AM CST

Categories: Toy News, Collector's Club News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 24,562

The TFCC twitter feed has posted a couple of in-hand vehicle mode images of their 2014 club exclusives Protoform X and Trans-Mutate, redeco/retools of Transformers Prime First Edition Deluxe Megatron and Arcee respectively. Protoform X will be the 2014 membership incentive figure, Trans-Mutate will be available as a 2014 exclusive separate from their TFSS 2.0 figures. Check them out below.

Transformers News: TFCC 2014 Exclusives Rampage and Trans-Mutate Images

Transformers News: TFCC 2014 Exclusives Rampage and Trans-Mutate Images
Credit(s): TFCC
Re: TFCC 2014 Exclusives Protoform X and Trans-Mutate Images (1542694)
Posted by megatronus on January 17th, 2014 @ 10:17am CST
I find myself strangely excited for both of these.

Ever since I sold off my TF:Prime figures, I've been eager to get some of the better molds back into my collection. I'm super happy they've found a way to work these FE molds into Classics! :D
Re: TFCC 2014 Exclusives Protoform X and Trans-Mutate Images (1542695)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on January 17th, 2014 @ 10:17am CST
I tell ya, I dig that Protoform-X.
Re: TFCC 2014 Exclusives Protoform X and Trans-Mutate Images (1542697)
Posted by GuyIncognito on January 17th, 2014 @ 10:18am CST
Transmutate looks awesome. I've always like that color combo and I love the Prime Arcee mold. It's also a perfect mold for Transmutate because it has that skeletal look in bot mode. I'm not interested in Protoform X, though. I just don't care for that mold.
Re: TFCC 2014 Exclusives Protoform X and Trans-Mutate Images (1542702)
Posted by Midnight_Fox on January 17th, 2014 @ 10:30am CST
Transmutate makes an ugly, ugly bike.

I kinda like Protoform X's color scheme, but still not much want for it. Not really a Beast Wars fan so no real attachment to these characters.
Re: TFCC 2014 Exclusives Protoform X and Trans-Mutate Images (1542710)
Posted by Seibertron on January 17th, 2014 @ 10:44am CST
Midnight_Fox wrote:Transmutate makes an ugly, ugly bike.

You're missing out. Rampage/Protoform X is one of the most fun Transformers characters. There aren't many sadistic Decepticons or Predacons out there (at least, they're not portrayed that way usually). Rampage is sadistic, evil and he's fun to watch.
Re: TFCC 2014 Exclusives Protoform X and Trans-Mutate Images (1542715)
Posted by Mindmaster on January 17th, 2014 @ 11:02am CST
Transmutate, though an interesting redeco, doesn't pique my interest.

Protoform X/Rampage, on the other hand...

=P~

Hopefully I'll be able to sign up for the Club before the deadline to get in on the figure.
Re: TFCC 2014 Exclusives Protoform X and Trans-Mutate Images (1542722)
Posted by Dr Va'al on January 17th, 2014 @ 11:16am CST
Seibertron wrote:
Midnight_Fox wrote:Transmutate makes an ugly, ugly bike.

IDW Overlord, Pharma and the DJD beg to differ. [-(

I am very partial to these two figures though. Very. I already was when we saw these pictures:

Dammit.
Re: TFCC 2014 Exclusives Protoform X and Trans-Mutate Images (1542736)
Posted by STngAR on January 17th, 2014 @ 12:16pm CST
Being a huge Beast Wars fan I'm looking forward to both these figures. I was looking at my member page and it looks like my membership gets automatically renewed when it's time, am I just looking at this wrong or is anyone else's like that.

:MAXIMAL:
Re: TFCC 2014 Exclusives Protoform X and Trans-Mutate Images (1542768)
Posted by rpetras on January 17th, 2014 @ 1:51pm CST
I'll pick up the transmutate at some point because I like the mold, but I'm not renewing TFCC this year just for that.
Re: TFCC 2014 Exclusives Protoform X and Trans-Mutate Images (1542771)
Posted by Manterax Prime on January 17th, 2014 @ 2:03pm CST
I'm also a huge BW fan. It's what got me into Transformers.

That said, these figures just don't work. Transmutate most of all. Where the hell was it said that Transmutate was female? Oh, yeah, nowhere. So...why the Arcee mold? Why not something obscure? I understand it's an alternate timeline, but even so, WTH Fun Pub?

As for Ramapage, the TFP Megatron mold doesn't scream sadistic, mentally unstable maximal protoform. It says "normal guy". Rampage is not a normal guy. Again, WTH Fun Pub?

(on an off-note: I'M BACK!!! Stupid at&t service redirected me to an error page for a while)
Re: TFCC 2014 Exclusives Protoform X and Trans-Mutate Images (1542774)
Posted by GuyIncognito on January 17th, 2014 @ 2:18pm CST

Where was it said that Transmutate was male?
Re: TFCC 2014 Exclusives Protoform X and Trans-Mutate Images (1542775)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on January 17th, 2014 @ 2:21pm CST
Manterax Prime wrote:Where the hell was it said that Transmutate was female? Oh, yeah, nowhere. So...why the Arcee mold? Why not something obscure? I understand it's an alternate timeline, but even so, WTH Fun Pub?

BW Transmutate was voiced by Susan Blu, the same actor who voiced Arcee in G1. The original character description also said this: ...and a face that vaguely indicates it is female. Overall, despite its treatment as being genderless overall, it's pointing to female ever so slightly.
Re: TFCC 2014 Exclusives Protoform X and Trans-Mutate Images (1542776)
Posted by GuyIncognito on January 17th, 2014 @ 2:26pm CST
Something to think about regarding TF "gender":

Re: TFCC 2014 Exclusives Protoform X and Trans-Mutate Images (1542787)
Posted by Manterax Prime on January 17th, 2014 @ 2:50pm CST
GuyIncognito wrote:Where was it said that Transmutate was male?

JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

And this why I said "something obscure", meaning a mold that could work as male or female.
Just because Transmutate's face looks female doesn't mean it is. It's chest has a very male shape to it, but that doesn't mean Tranmutate is male either.

Re: TFCC 2014 Exclusives Protoform X and Trans-Mutate Images (1542789)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on January 17th, 2014 @ 3:00pm CST
Manterax Prime wrote:Using a mold and face that could be male OR female is the perfect fit for Transmutate. You just can't tell. And we shouldn't be able to.

Well, Starscream would be perfect for it. Then again...
Re: TFCC 2014 Exclusives Protoform X and Trans-Mutate Images (1542797)
Posted by GuyIncognito on January 17th, 2014 @ 3:26pm CST
Maybe Transmutate is transgendered. Now she's a female. Deal with it. Complaining about her being or looking female just makes you sound sexist and old-fashioned.
Re: TFCC 2014 Exclusives Protoform X and Trans-Mutate Images (1542813)
Posted by Burn on January 17th, 2014 @ 4:24pm CST
Re: TFCC 2014 Exclusives Protoform X and Trans-Mutate Images (1542814)
Posted by Midnight_Fox on January 17th, 2014 @ 4:28pm CST
Burn wrote:Funny, I thought Hasbro and IDW were trying to convince us that TF's don't have genders and won't have them for a couple more months ... >:oP

IDW maybe. The Covenant of Primus is pretty explicit about women existing.
Re: TFCC 2014 Exclusives Protoform X and Trans-Mutate Images (1542844)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 17th, 2014 @ 6:09pm CST
Excited for these and their universe. "Non-Beast Wars", "Beastless Wars"... Darn it, I'm starving for an official name beyond its technobabble stream designation!
Re: TFCC 2014 Exclusives Protoform X and Trans-Mutate Images (1542850)
Posted by Dr Va'al on January 17th, 2014 @ 6:17pm CST
Midnight_Fox wrote:

IDW maybe. The Covenant of Primus is pretty explicit about women existing.

I'm not too sure about that 'couple of months' thing either.. :-$

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers Prime Beast Hunters- Sky Claw with Smokescreen - Time Remaining: 3 days 21 hours 56 minutes 15 seconds
Vintage 1985 Transformers G1 Generation 1 Blitzwing Triple Changer Action Figure - Time Remaining: 3 days 13 hours 57 minutes 14 seconds
Sureshot Targetmaster MINT 100% Complete 1987 Vintage Hasbro G1 Transformers - Time Remaining: 3 days 13 hours 58 minutes 28 seconds
3 Transformers Botcon 2009 Sweep two, seven, and six Unused & Instructions Seale - Time Remaining: 2 days 23 hours 4 minutes 50 seconds
Takara Transformers Armada MC-02 Red Alert with Longarm Mini-con (Korea Ver) - Time Remaining: 3 days 16 hours 15 minutes
Transformers Botcon 2009 Leozack Unused & Instructions Sealed Leozak - Time Remaining: 2 days 23 hours 37 minutes 46 seconds
Transformers Universe Mighty Muggs Soundwave NIB - Time Remaining: 2 days 19 hours 22 minutes 54 seconds
Takara Tomy 2015 G1 Transformers Victory Masterpiece MP-24 Star Saber NY - Time Remaining: 3 days 3 hours 43 minutes 32 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #146 - Happy Accidents