Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

TFCC Animated Transtech Cheetor Going Fast and G2 Ramjet Already Gone

Transformers News: TFCC Animated Transtech Cheetor Going Fast and G2 Ramjet Already Gone

Thursday, April 28th, 2011 10:07PM CDT

Categories: Collector's Club News, Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 29,724

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

As most of you probably already know the Official Transformers’ Collectors Club opened preorders for their exclusives Animated TransTech Cheetor and G2 Ramjet yesterday. If you're hoping to snag a Cheetor click here, but you might want to hurry. Earlier today they reported via their facebook page they were 75% sold out. If G2 Ramjet was on your must have list hopefully you got in there and preordered early, as he sold out in less than 24 hours!

Image


Image
Credit(s): TFCC
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!
Re: TFCC Animated Transtech Cheetor Going Fast and G2 Ramjet Already Gone (1214837)
Posted by Rated X on April 28th, 2011 @ 10:19pm CDT
Glad I pre ordered Ramjet yesterday. But its some clown shit that they are all ready sold out. Why dont the geniuses at funpub order more ??? Obviously the potential for money making is there...
Re: TFCC Animated Transtech Cheetor Going Fast and G2 Ramjet Already Gone (1214841)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on April 28th, 2011 @ 10:26pm CDT
Rated X wrote:Glad I pre ordered Ramjet yesterday. But its some clown shit that they are all ready sold out. Why dont the geniuses at funpub order more ??? Obviously the potential for money making is there...

Because that defeats the very notion of it being an exclucive figure? Because they aim at collectors and not little kids and can't really afford to take a risk? Becasue things selling out in 24 hours is really rare and unpredictable?
Re: TFCC Animated Transtech Cheetor Going Fast and G2 Ramjet Already Gone (1214844)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on April 28th, 2011 @ 10:29pm CDT
Sigh. Of all the times to be too broke to preorder anything.
Well, as much as I love G2 Ramjet, there's a few dozen other toys I'd order first even if I had the cash.
And they may end up doing another batch, like with Punch/Counterpunch last year.
And some will turn up on ebay.
And if all else fails, (further demand) - (official supply) = K+O...

...not that I'm endorsing that, just stating it as a fact of life.
Re: TFCC Animated Transtech Cheetor Going Fast and G2 Ramjet Already Gone (1214848)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on April 28th, 2011 @ 10:33pm CDT
Oh, I have no doubt it'll be KOed. Those guys love their Seekers. I give it a year. Maybe less.
Re: TFCC Animated Transtech Cheetor Going Fast and G2 Ramjet Already Gone (1214891)
Posted by Rated X on April 29th, 2011 @ 12:56am CDT
Gauntlet101010 wrote:
Rated X wrote:Glad I pre ordered Ramjet yesterday. But its some clown shit that they are all ready sold out. Why dont the geniuses at funpub order more ??? Obviously the potential for money making is there...

Because that defeats the very notion of it being an exclucive figure? Because they aim at collectors and not little kids and can't really afford to take a risk? Becasue things selling out in 24 hours is really rare and unpredictable?


For me the joy of collecting Transformers is being able to enjoy updated versions of all the characters I loved as a kid. I really dont care how many other people own what I own. I like seeing everone happy. At the end of the day theyre just toys. A true collectible is something antique that has withstood the test of time. G1 figures are true collectibles. Funpub figures are fresh off the assembly line. They are only "exclusive" because the creator wanted them to be.
Re: TFCC Animated Transtech Cheetor Going Fast and G2 Ramjet Already Gone (1214912)
Posted by CoLDBOTMan on April 29th, 2011 @ 2:07am CDT
Rated X wrote:
Gauntlet101010 wrote:
Rated X wrote:Glad I pre ordered Ramjet yesterday. But its some clown shit that they are all ready sold out. Why dont the geniuses at funpub order more ??? Obviously the potential for money making is there...

Because that defeats the very notion of it being an exclucive figure? Because they aim at collectors and not little kids and can't really afford to take a risk? Becasue things selling out in 24 hours is really rare and unpredictable?


For me the joy of collecting Transformers is being able to enjoy updated versions of all the characters I loved as a kid. I really dont care how many other people own what I own. I like seeing everone happy. At the end of the day theyre just toys. A true collectible is something antique that has withstood the test of time. G1 figures are true collectibles. Funpub figures are fresh off the assembly line. They are only "exclusive" because the creator wanted them to be.



So it's a collectible if you say so? Is that how it goes? Cause at the end of the day, those old 1980's Transformers are also just toys. Who's to say this figure or any of the classics figures won't withstood the test time? Yeah, this is manufactured rarity. Made to be sold to collectors and those that can afford it. Also, there is no predicting how well something sells. Just looks at the shelf warmers and pass exclusive figures that are still sitting at their warehouse. 2007 was a reminder to TFCC that just because it is a exclusive doesn't mean it will sell. The hobby interest in Transformers is at its highest right now, all thanks to 3rd parties. And as if you didn't know already, if there are profits to be made, people that has the capitol can do it if they so choose to. Last I check, this is the USA, it's a capitalist society, not communism where everyone get one and be happy. Just be glad that this isn't one of them lottery type exclusives, where you have to win the rights to buy it.
Re: TFCC Animated Transtech Cheetor Going Fast and G2 Ramjet Already Gone (1214949)
Posted by RhA on April 29th, 2011 @ 6:29am CDT
CoLDBOTMan wrote:
Rated X wrote:
Gauntlet101010 wrote:
Rated X wrote:Glad I pre ordered Ramjet yesterday. But its some clown shit that they are all ready sold out. Why dont the geniuses at funpub order more ??? Obviously the potential for money making is there...

Because that defeats the very notion of it being an exclucive figure? Because they aim at collectors and not little kids and can't really afford to take a risk? Becasue things selling out in 24 hours is really rare and unpredictable?


For me the joy of collecting Transformers is being able to enjoy updated versions of all the characters I loved as a kid. I really dont care how many other people own what I own. I like seeing everone happy. At the end of the day theyre just toys. A true collectible is something antique that has withstood the test of time. G1 figures are true collectibles. Funpub figures are fresh off the assembly line. They are only "exclusive" because the creator wanted them to be.



So it's a collectible if you say so? Is that how it goes? Cause at the end of the day, those old 1980's Transformers are also just toys. Who's to say this figure or any of the classics figures won't withstood the test time? Yeah, this is manufactured rarity. Made to be sold to collectors and those that can afford it. Also, there is no predicting how well something sells. Just looks at the shelf warmers and pass exclusive figures that are still sitting at their warehouse. 2007 was a reminder to TFCC that just because it is a exclusive doesn't mean it will sell. The hobby interest in Transformers is at its highest right now, all thanks to 3rd parties. And as if you didn't know already, if there are profits to be made, people that has the capitol can do it if they so choose to. Last I check, this is the USA, it's a capitalist society, not communism where everyone get one and be happy. Just be glad that this isn't one of them lottery type exclusives, where you have to win the rights to buy it.


I'd say the collectibility ONLY depends on people sayin that it is. There is no universal law that states what is or isn't collectible. It just doesn't depend on one person asying so, but on a lot of people saying so. A collectible figure needs to be wanted in order to be collectible. A low number of units produced would be the second criterium. There need to be more people wanting it then there are people having it. As a sidestep I'd say that there shouldn't be any more (official) units produced (think Sunstorm and Star Convoy). And as a third it should be expensive. The figure should cost more then average Joe should be able to afford on any given moment. As a final step, the second hand market should eventually overinflate the price so that the figure stays expenisve or even unaffordable.

But all this start with, yes, a bunch of individuals SAYING that it's a collectible.
Re: TFCC Animated Transtech Cheetor Going Fast and G2 Ramjet Already Gone (1214955)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on April 29th, 2011 @ 6:50am CDT
Rated X wrote:
Gauntlet101010 wrote:
Rated X wrote:Glad I pre ordered Ramjet yesterday. But its some clown shit that they are all ready sold out. Why dont the geniuses at funpub order more ??? Obviously the potential for money making is there...

Because that defeats the very notion of it being an exclucive figure? Because they aim at collectors and not little kids and can't really afford to take a risk? Becasue things selling out in 24 hours is really rare and unpredictable?


For me the joy of collecting Transformers is being able to enjoy updated versions of all the characters I loved as a kid. I really dont care how many other people own what I own. I like seeing everone happy. At the end of the day theyre just toys. A true collectible is something antique that has withstood the test of time. G1 figures are true collectibles. Funpub figures are fresh off the assembly line. They are only "exclusive" because the creator wanted them to be.

Things don't have to be old to be collectible. In fact, most creators of collectibles actually want you to buy them when they're new and they can make money off it. Your analasys is just ... wrong. Sorry, no other way to say it.
Re: TFCC Animated Transtech Cheetor Going Fast and G2 Ramjet Already Gone (1214961)
Posted by Counterpunch on April 29th, 2011 @ 7:18am CDT
Rated X is right about one thing that's really important here.

The Ramjet figure was made at artificially low numbers. Hype and panic sold that toy. Constant tweets and posts from the club saying what percentage the figure sell-through was at only add to it.

A production run should have about 10-15% of stock remaining after the initial swell of purchases. Thus you retain interesting items in your store and if your prices are properly set, you see return at around the 50% sell through.

If the club really wanted to provide a figure and gauge interest, they would have taken pre-orders prior to production to see how many they could sell.

Hell, that may have even lowered the cost.
Re: TFCC Animated Transtech Cheetor Going Fast and G2 Ramjet Already Gone (1215013)
Posted by Rated X on April 29th, 2011 @ 9:35am CDT
Counterpunch wrote:Rated X is right about one thing that's really important here.

The Ramjet figure was made at artificially low numbers. Hype and panic sold that toy. Constant tweets and posts from the club saying what percentage the figure sell-through was at only add to it.

A production run should have about 10-15% of stock remaining after the initial swell of purchases. Thus you retain interesting items in your store and if your prices are properly set, you see return at around the 50% sell through.

If the club really wanted to provide a figure and gauge interest, they would have taken pre-orders prior to production to see how many they could sell.

Hell, that may have even lowered the cost.


I agree. If the target is fans, a pre-order would act kind of like a "fan census" for them to figure out how many people actually want it. The benefits would be:

1. For a larger number of fans than expected, they could buy in bulk which might bring down the cost.

2. For a dud like Cheetor, they can know how many to order and not have excess stock for 2 years.

3. They get an idea how many fans that want the figure are actually out there. (Minus those who just buy membership for Botcon discount)

4. Nobody gets left behind. Everybodys happy. (except the guy who is bothered that 8 people in his city own the figure instead of 2...horrors)
Re: TFCC Animated Transtech Cheetor Going Fast and G2 Ramjet Already Gone (1215029)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on April 29th, 2011 @ 10:00am CDT
I agree that it's overpriced and that they could have done a better job on preorders if that's what you mean.

In the end, however, somebody would be left behind. It's always the case.

Cheetor's hardly been a dud, though. 75% cold out in a day? That's pretty good. Maybe even more what they were expecting.
Re: TFCC Animated Transtech Cheetor Going Fast and G2 Ramjet Already Gone (1215036)
Posted by Prime Evil on April 29th, 2011 @ 10:12am CDT
Gauntlet101010 wrote:In the end, however, somebody would be left behind. It's always the case.


I agree. Even if they did take preorders, the outcome will most likely be the same.
Re: TFCC Animated Transtech Cheetor Going Fast and G2 Ramjet Already Gone (1215038)
Posted by Counterpunch on April 29th, 2011 @ 10:15am CDT
Prime Evil wrote:
Gauntlet101010 wrote:In the end, however, somebody would be left behind. It's always the case.


I agree. Even if they did take preorders, the outcome will most likely be the same.


I think it would be better. People could get in ahead of time, beat the rush, they would be guaranteed, and others could come in later as their finances allowed.
Re: TFCC Animated Transtech Cheetor Going Fast and G2 Ramjet Already Gone (1215039)
Posted by Prime Evil on April 29th, 2011 @ 10:23am CDT
Counterpunch wrote:
Prime Evil wrote:
Gauntlet101010 wrote:In the end, however, somebody would be left behind. It's always the case.


I agree. Even if they did take preorders, the outcome will most likely be the same.


I think it would be better. People could get in ahead of time, beat the rush, they would be guaranteed, and others could come in later as their finances allowed.


I'm all for preorders and ensure those club members that pay $40 a year and want one are guaranteed one. For some, 24 hours to scrounge up $70 for 1 toy is a bit much. I feel bad for those that joined just to get this figure weren't able to. I also wouldn't have to have them on my twitter account. Hell, I only got twitter for Botcon and TFCC stuff. Now I can finally turn that shiite off. So damn annoying!
Re: TFCC Animated Transtech Cheetor Going Fast and G2 Ramjet Already Gone (1215052)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on April 29th, 2011 @ 11:16am CDT
I don't feel too bad for people not being able to save enough on time. They knew this was coming FAR in advance. Don't liek it when the final photos arrive? LOTS of other crap to buy with that money.

I'm not convinced more efficient pre-orders would have kept the price down. These guys DO want to make a profit.
Re: TFCC Animated Transtech Cheetor Going Fast and G2 Ramjet Already Gone (1215073)
Posted by Flux Convoy on April 29th, 2011 @ 12:00pm CDT
I can only imagine we'll get another run of both figures. We did for P/CP last year as he was the only to sell so quickly until now. Glad I got my Ramjet orders in but I skipped Cheetor. I don't like the mold, the head sculpt and honestly, Cheetor is probably my least favorite beast character. This concept was sunk with me since the announcement of him. I'm stunned that he sold nearly as fast. That truly speaks volumes for the Animated fans. I count myself in there, this just did nothing for me.
:BOT:
Re: TFCC Animated Transtech Cheetor Going Fast and G2 Ramjet Already Gone (1215074)
Posted by Counterpunch on April 29th, 2011 @ 12:01pm CDT
Gauntlet101010 wrote:I'm not convinced more efficient pre-orders would have kept the price down. These guys DO want to make a profit.


You aren't trying very hard then.

Confirmed pre-orders give them knowledge of demand. If demand is higher than expected, the production run can be increased and the cost per unit decreases.

It may not be much... but it would be something.
Re: TFCC Animated Transtech Cheetor Going Fast and G2 Ramjet Already Gone (1215076)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on April 29th, 2011 @ 12:05pm CDT
Counterpunch wrote:
Gauntlet101010 wrote:I'm not convinced more efficient pre-orders would have kept the price down. These guys DO want to make a profit.


You aren't trying very hard then.

Confirmed pre-orders give them knowledge of demand. If demand is higher than expected, the production run can be increased and the cost per unit decreases.

It may not be much... but it would be something.


And that would lower the price... *snicker* More like increase the margin of profit. :lol:
Re: TFCC Animated Transtech Cheetor Going Fast and G2 Ramjet Already Gone (1215095)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on April 29th, 2011 @ 12:44pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Counterpunch wrote:
Gauntlet101010 wrote:I'm not convinced more efficient pre-orders would have kept the price down. These guys DO want to make a profit.


You aren't trying very hard then.

Confirmed pre-orders give them knowledge of demand. If demand is higher than expected, the production run can be increased and the cost per unit decreases.

It may not be much... but it would be something.


And that would lower the price... *snicker* More like increase the margin of profit. :lol:

Yeah, they'd just make less and charge the same. :BANG_HEAD:
Re: TFCC Animated Transtech Cheetor Going Fast and G2 Ramjet Already Gone (1215517)
Posted by NTESHFT on April 30th, 2011 @ 2:47pm CDT
I did get Cheetor, but I missed out on Ramjet. The only thing for me to do now is to do like I did with Punch/Counterpunch- pay an outrageous price.......
Re: TFCC Animated Transtech Cheetor Going Fast and G2 Ramjet Already Gone (1215583)
Posted by Counterpunch on April 30th, 2011 @ 9:06pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Counterpunch wrote:
Gauntlet101010 wrote:I'm not convinced more efficient pre-orders would have kept the price down. These guys DO want to make a profit.


You aren't trying very hard then.

Confirmed pre-orders give them knowledge of demand. If demand is higher than expected, the production run can be increased and the cost per unit decreases.

It may not be much... but it would be something.


And that would lower the price... *snicker* More like increase the margin of profit. :lol:


Wal-Mart is successful because they sell more at a lower price (Not accounting for counter candy sales, which are a high volume, high margin area).

Volume can be victory.

So, I guess I should drop this and not discuss ways for the Club to better serve the community since we're so resigned to paying out the ass that it's a joke.
Re: TFCC Animated Transtech Cheetor Going Fast and G2 Ramjet Already Gone (1215593)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on April 30th, 2011 @ 9:32pm CDT
I guess I'm cynical when it comes to spening money on this hobby. And I suppose that couples with ignorance of the inner workings of the club. I just don't really think saving fans money on exclucives is really a goal of theirs.
Re: TFCC Animated Transtech Cheetor Going Fast and G2 Ramjet Already Gone (1217207)
Posted by SentinelA on May 4th, 2011 @ 3:45pm CDT
Look out. I'm gonna rant!

I've been looking forward to G2 Ramjet all year. They took FOREVER to release it and then when did they FINALLY put him up for preorder? When I didn't have any F-ING internet! :BANG_HEAD: So I spent 50+ dollars to join the TF CLub for NOTHING! AND I'LL BE LUCK TO SPEND AND OUTRAGOUS AMOUNT TO GET A HOLD OF A G2 RAMJET. WELL I ONLY HAVE ONE THING TO SAY:
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil: :BANG_HEAD: :-x AND FU AT&T for not carrying over my service to where i moved to. If you think I'm going to pay my last bill then (again) FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK U
Re: TFCC Animated Transtech Cheetor Going Fast and G2 Ramjet Already Gone (1217246)
Posted by bionic_radical on May 4th, 2011 @ 4:49pm CDT
I think we all just need to get together and watch "Over the Top".



Thats the answer.
Re: TFCC Animated Transtech Cheetor Going Fast and G2 Ramjet Already Gone (1217576)
Posted by triKlops on May 5th, 2011 @ 11:18am CDT
arm wrestling at its finest
don't forget your trucker hat ;)
Re: TFCC Animated Transtech Cheetor Going Fast and G2 Ramjet Already Gone (1217615)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on May 5th, 2011 @ 12:51pm CDT
Counterpunch wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Counterpunch wrote:
Gauntlet101010 wrote:I'm not convinced more efficient pre-orders would have kept the price down. These guys DO want to make a profit.


You aren't trying very hard then.

Confirmed pre-orders give them knowledge of demand. If demand is higher than expected, the production run can be increased and the cost per unit decreases.

It may not be much... but it would be something.


And that would lower the price... *snicker* More like increase the margin of profit. :lol:


Wal-Mart is successful because they sell more at a lower price (Not accounting for counter candy sales, which are a high volume, high margin area).

Volume can be victory.

So, I guess I should drop this and not discuss ways for the Club to better serve the community since we're so resigned to paying out the ass that it's a joke.


Silly question, but have you been barking at the other tree yet? The one with Collectors' Club on it?
Re: TFCC Animated Transtech Cheetor Going Fast and G2 Ramjet Already Gone (1217623)
Posted by Counterpunch on May 5th, 2011 @ 1:05pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Counterpunch wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Counterpunch wrote:
Gauntlet101010 wrote:I'm not convinced more efficient pre-orders would have kept the price down. These guys DO want to make a profit.


You aren't trying very hard then.

Confirmed pre-orders give them knowledge of demand. If demand is higher than expected, the production run can be increased and the cost per unit decreases.

It may not be much... but it would be something.


And that would lower the price... *snicker* More like increase the margin of profit. :lol:


Wal-Mart is successful because they sell more at a lower price (Not accounting for counter candy sales, which are a high volume, high margin area).

Volume can be victory.

So, I guess I should drop this and not discuss ways for the Club to better serve the community since we're so resigned to paying out the ass that it's a joke.


Silly question, but have you been barking at the other tree yet? The one with Collectors' Club on it?


Since I joined it.

I've never once really had the feeling that the members of the Club actually had a voice. Saying outlandish things about or to the Club is probably the only place in the fandom that I actually believe the mean things I say.

They could really be something great for the fandom and community and instead treat their own members with detached disdain. The exception is truly Lanny who has never once been aloof or passive aggressive over anything.

What always kills me is that the friendliness and request for understanding goes only one way. The Club can ask its members for understanding, ask us for patience, tell us "soon", etc and for the most part, we take it with a smile.

Requests the other way, from us to them never seem to do any good or are treated with mild contempt. Pre-order dates, time schedules, improved ordering methods, updated websites... These aren't things that do not exist elsewhere.

I want to (I do) support the club. I buy almost everything they come out with. I want them to be an integrated and beloved part of the community. Instead, it seems that every year a club related toy or activity occurs that there is unnecessary strife and begrudgement.

I don't even like posting things like this because I feel like it's only a matter of time before someone arrives representing them to "tell me how it REALLY is".

Well, in all other business models, the businesses listen to their consumers and avoid that kind of thing. I think I need to just give up on these discussions and accept that things won't change. Who needs the stress?

Sorry for being honest. I'll go back to joking about panties and some other ridiculous shit now.
Re: TFCC Animated Transtech Cheetor Going Fast and G2 Ramjet Already Gone (1217664)
Posted by Kibble on May 5th, 2011 @ 2:27pm CDT
One question I have toward the hypotheical pre-orders...how do they help cost? Are we suggesting blind pre-orders with a cost TBD? Or would it be a worst case price that can only improve? Regardless, I think pre-orders are a good idea rather than having to camp out around the computer for a week ready to hit the submit order button at any moment...just not sure how much it would truly be a benefit to cost.
Re: TFCC Animated Transtech Cheetor Going Fast and G2 Ramjet Already Gone (1217682)
Posted by Counterpunch on May 5th, 2011 @ 3:08pm CDT
Kibble wrote:One question I have toward the hypotheical pre-orders...how do they help cost? Are we suggesting blind pre-orders with a cost TBD? Or would it be a worst case price that can only improve? Regardless, I think pre-orders are a good idea rather than having to camp out around the computer for a week ready to hit the submit order button at any moment...just not sure how much it would truly be a benefit to cost.


It helps in that if they think they can only sell 1000 pieces, but if their preorders are 1200 or 1500, then they can adjust the cost per unit.

Maybe not much, maybe they need to get into the 10000's before that happens.

BUT, it would ensure that people who want can get, even if they are one...day...late.
Re: TFCC Animated Transtech Cheetor Going Fast and G2 Ramjet Already Gone (1217702)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on May 5th, 2011 @ 3:47pm CDT
Counterpunch wrote:I've never once really had the feeling that the members of the Club actually had a voice. Saying outlandish things about or to the Club is probably the only place in the fandom that I actually believe the mean things I say.

They could really be something great for the fandom and community and instead treat their own members with detached disdain. The exception is truly Lanny who has never once been aloof or passive aggressive over anything.

What always kills me is that the friendliness and request for understanding goes only one way. The Club can ask its members for understanding, ask us for patience, tell us "soon", etc and for the most part, we take it with a smile.

Requests the other way, from us to them never seem to do any good or are treated with mild contempt. Pre-order dates, time schedules, improved ordering methods, updated websites... These aren't things that do not exist elsewhere.

I want to (I do) support the club. I buy almost everything they come out with. I want them to be an integrated and beloved part of the community. Instead, it seems that every year a club related toy or activity occurs that there is unnecessary strife and begrudgement.

I don't even like posting things like this because I feel like it's only a matter of time before someone arrives representing them to "tell me how it REALLY is".

Well, in all other business models, the businesses listen to their consumers and avoid that kind of thing. I think I need to just give up on these discussions and accept that things won't change. Who needs the stress?

Sorry for being honest. I'll go back to joking about panties and some other ridiculous shit now.


Nothing wrong with being honest :)

I agree that the Club's workings are a bit rough around the edges from the stories I've heard and the figures I've seen. but you can't fault them the good things they do, just the bad.
Re: TFCC Animated Transtech Cheetor Going Fast and G2 Ramjet Already Gone (1217743)
Posted by bionic_radical on May 5th, 2011 @ 5:25pm CDT
In my opinion, a few things changed could help the community as a whole.

First, there needs to be some sort of exclusivity towards its members when it comes down to an item such as this. For example, a week before the orders go live, members new and old, should have a week to preorder up to two figs each. Ten dollar buy in for each pre ordered figure. Next, the figures should go live, with a limit of one figure per IP address, which would last yet another week. At this point, Fun Pub rounds the order up to the next hundred units, and places the order to Japan. Lastly, after the one per figure week, the remainder should be open to anyone with the cash to finish out the pile. No holds barred. Clear it out.

I believe the problems lie within a few key factors here.

One is always going to be scalpers. The two week time frame should hinder that.

Two is the fact that the target market is that of the adult collector. Some have other priorities, or just simply haven't received a paycheck for that week yet. Is it fair to those to have to put things on a credit card or use money that isn't readily available in order to share with the rest of us the hobby we love? I cant agree that it is. But if you cant scratch up enough in two weeks to purchase a certain figure under a hund-o, maybe you should take a step back and save up until you can afford it. There are always those willing to help out if you just ask (and aren't a f*king sleazer)

Our third problem comes along the lines of world distribution. There needs to be a more cost effective way to deliver to those outside of US borders. The prices of many things have gone up, agreed, but the value of the dollar has also gone down. The prices for overseas delivery is unreal. I honestly wouldn't be in the hobby if I were to pay those prices. But saying, "Its not fair!" doesn't get the job done. However, I don't have a solution to that problem that doesn't involve placing blind trust in one member in that region and having a mass shipment delivered. An embassador, of sorts.

I dunno, take it for what it is. My voice isn't any louder than anyone elses, but it would be nice for an open table with FunPub to try to reach out to more people, bounce ideas, and in a sense, develop a stronger business model.
Re: TFCC Animated Transtech Cheetor Going Fast and G2 Ramjet Already Gone (1217861)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on May 5th, 2011 @ 10:37pm CDT
There's still Cheetors left ... I don't think the preordering being sold out so fast is really too big of an issue. How many times do they hit it out of the part? If it happens a third time, maybe it's a real problem.

As for the rest, though ... well, there's a good point there. The website looks like it was made in the late 90's and shipping can comete with unscrupulous ebay auctions for overcharging. Although I think it's a pipe deam to imagine a day when exclucives are sold for less.
Re: TFCC Animated Transtech Cheetor Going Fast and G2 Ramjet Already Gone (1217864)
Posted by DJLazer on May 5th, 2011 @ 10:43pm CDT
this sucks!
Re: TFCC Animated Transtech Cheetor Going Fast and G2 Ramjet Already Gone (1217912)
Posted by rpetras on May 6th, 2011 @ 12:36am CDT
I'm in the minority.

I wanted Cheetor, and didn't give a squirt about Ramjet.

While I might have purchased a Ramjet just to add to my Seeker army, ultimately missing out on it saved me $$$.

Advantage, ME!!!
Re: TFCC Animated Transtech Cheetor Going Fast and G2 Ramjet Already Gone (1218338)
Posted by Midnight_Fox on May 6th, 2011 @ 10:20pm CDT
rpetras wrote:I'm in the minority.

I wanted Cheetor, and didn't give a squirt about Ramjet.


Same here. I was ecstatic when I saw the e-mail and got my Cheetor right away. When I saw that Ramjet was sold out, I simply thought "Go TFCC for selling out". Sucks that some people who wanted it weren't able to get it, but that's the nature of the hobby.
Re: TFCC Animated Transtech Cheetor Going Fast and G2 Ramjet Already Gone (1218472)
Posted by NTESHFT on May 7th, 2011 @ 10:38am CDT
I got Cheetor, but I wanted Ramjet too. Maybe BBTS will have a couple or find one on ebay- yes, I'm one of those idiots who will pay big bucks just to have it.........
Re: TFCC Animated Transtech Cheetor Going Fast and G2 Ramjet Already Gone (1229959)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on May 28th, 2011 @ 12:00pm CDT
The Transformers Collectors Club sent out an update by email regarding shipping of the exclusive club figures.

For those of you who purchased Ramjet and Cheetor we want to let you know that these will ship AFTER BotCon. Since so many of you are traveling this next week, we didn't want them showing up at your house while you were gone.
We will have the remaining Cheetors at BotCon for sale in case you want to get an extra one at the show. You cannot pick-up your pre-order at BotCon for these items as we won't have a way to know who bought what, and we will not have the Ramjets there.
See you next week in Pasadeana!
Brian
Re: TFCC Animated Transtech Cheetor Going Fast and G2 Ramjet Already Gone (1230157)
Posted by LiKwid on May 28th, 2011 @ 11:34pm CDT
Hey at least it's not another Punch/Counterpunch debacle like last year:P That was gettin downright ugly at one point.. Wasn't interested in either of these figures..More money for Fansproject goodies :P
Re: TFCC Animated Transtech Cheetor Going Fast and G2 Ramjet Already Gone (1230167)
Posted by The Dude on May 29th, 2011 @ 12:19am CDT
God knows when Side Burn is gonna ship.
Re: TFCC Animated Transtech Cheetor Going Fast and G2 Ramjet Already Gone (1230245)
Posted by Rated X on May 29th, 2011 @ 9:04am CDT
I cant wait to get Ramjet !!!

Cheetor was a waste of plastic.
Re: TFCC Animated Transtech Cheetor Going Fast and G2 Ramjet Already Gone (1231107)
Posted by Marcdachamp on May 31st, 2011 @ 10:59am CDT
LOST Cybertronian wrote:
bionic_radical wrote:I resigned for the same reason. As a matter of fact, I think it was the reason I signed up last year too. Doesn't hurt that we get a free figure for signing up. Wonder if its going to be Animated...


The free figure for this year is Side Burn using the classics Hot Rod mold. Unless you are talking about next year.

Has Side Burn started shipping yet? I haven't receieved mine yet.

I totally signed up for the club just for Cheetor, but Ram Jet hooked me, too. $170 later...
Re: TFCC Animated Transtech Cheetor Going Fast and G2 Ramjet Already Gone (1234606)
Posted by Stormrider on June 5th, 2011 @ 4:51pm CDT
Wait, I'm a little concerned with what I am hearing regarding Ramjet. Will the same thing happen to Runamuck and Runabout next year? Do I understand the process correctly that in order to get Runamuck/Runabout I need to join their membership, but then in addition to their club membership - I need to put up with crap like this Ramjet debacle?
Re: TFCC Animated Transtech Cheetor Going Fast and G2 Ramjet Already Gone (1234614)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on June 5th, 2011 @ 5:01pm CDT
Marcdachamp wrote:
LOST Cybertronian wrote:
bionic_radical wrote:I resigned for the same reason. As a matter of fact, I think it was the reason I signed up last year too. Doesn't hurt that we get a free figure for signing up. Wonder if its going to be Animated...


The free figure for this year is Side Burn using the classics Hot Rod mold. Unless you are talking about next year.

Has Side Burn started shipping yet? I haven't receieved mine yet.

I totally signed up for the club just for Cheetor, but Ram Jet hooked me, too. $170 later...


None of the club figures have shipped yet. They are supposed to ship shortly after Botcon.
Re: TFCC Animated Transtech Cheetor Going Fast and G2 Ramjet Already Gone (1235047)
Posted by Marcdachamp on June 6th, 2011 @ 1:13pm CDT
LOST Cybertronian wrote:None of the club figures have shipped yet. They are supposed to ship shortly after Botcon.

Thanks. :D
Re: TFCC Animated Transtech Cheetor Going Fast and G2 Ramjet Already Gone (1235075)
Posted by Air Commander Starscream on June 6th, 2011 @ 2:17pm CDT
I wasn't too sure about Cheetor but I ended up picking him up from the club store at BotCon, glad I did.
Re: TFCC Animated Transtech Cheetor Going Fast and G2 Ramjet Already Gone (1235468)
Posted by Marcdachamp on June 7th, 2011 @ 10:03am CDT
I have to say, maybe it's just the quality of this year's releases, but I'm pretty let down with next year's exclusives. I don't see myself re-upping.
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #106 - McCarthyism
Twincast / Podcast #106:
"McCarthyism"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Thursday, December 4th, 2014