TFCC / eHobby Shattered Glass Soundwave VS Blaster Set Available for Pre-Order

Transformers News: TFCC / eHobby Shattered Glass Soundwave VS Blaster Set Available for Pre-Order

Wednesday, September 12th, 2012 1:49PM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Collector's Club News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 22,527

TFCC has opened pre-orders for their collaborative set with e-Hobby, Shattered Glass Soundwave VS Blaster. Click here to place your pre-order. The set features Shattered Glass universe repaints of G1 Soundwave, Slugfest, Ratbat, Blaster, Rewind, and Ramhorn. Plus a repaint of Eject.

PRE-ORDER ONLY! This item cannot be combined with any other orders or items and will ship separately! Approximate delivery date is Mid-January 2013. Orders will be taken through October 15, 2012 or while quantities last!

Here it is! The eHobby exclusive Shattered Glass Soundwave VS Blaster Global New Years VSE set. Each set features G1 Soundwave and Blaster in stunning SG color schemes, five cassettes, sticker sheet, and an English version of the "Solar Requiem" 10 page comic.

This set will be limited so make sure to get yours today!

(PRE-ORDER)(THIS ITEM HAS TO BE ORDERED BY ITSELF IN A SINGLE TRANSACTION PLEASE DO NOT ADD ANY OTHER ITEMS TO YOUR CART WHILE ORDERING THIS ITEM) eHobby Shattered Glass Soundwave VS Blaster set with cassettes

Re: New e-Hobby/TFCC SG Soundwave Vs. Blaster Images, Pre-Orders and more
Credit(s): TFCC
Re: TFCC / eHobby Shattered Glass Soundwave VS Blaster Set Available for Pre-Order (1419355)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on September 12th, 2012 @ 1:51pm CDT

I wonder, if people who already own the white Music Label Soundwave get this set, what will they do with him?
Re: TFCC / eHobby Shattered Glass Soundwave VS Blaster Set Available for Pre-Order (1419366)
Posted by gothsaurus on September 12th, 2012 @ 2:08pm CDT
What do you mean what will I do with them!?? Walk around downtown with one on each shoulder, what else!? ;-)
Re: TFCC / eHobby Shattered Glass Soundwave VS Blaster Set Available for Pre-Order (1419469)
Posted by Mkall on September 12th, 2012 @ 5:43pm CDT
Darn it! My wallet and cc is at my other jobsite. Guess I'll have to wait until the weekend to order these guys

JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:It's just SG Rewind. The yellow cassette, Solarbot, is not related to any of them. :)

Personally I intend to leave ML Soundwave where he is and leave both SG1 Soundwave and Blaster in their box. I really only want to display the cassettes at this point in time.
Re: TFCC / eHobby Shattered Glass Soundwave VS Blaster Set Available for Pre-Order (1419476)
Posted by KNM2012 on September 12th, 2012 @ 6:11pm CDT
Novaprimal93 wrote:With all the money that has been made off of these molds, I don't really see the justification of a $200 dollar price tag when all they have is a new paint job. I think half this price would have been perfect. But what do I know?

Myself, I don't see the justification of making it part of the VS line when it has nothing to do with a Shattered Glass version of the original Japanese Generation 1 line... But rather their own take on the TFCC/BOTCON franchise.

Plus, atop of the fact that this is the very first e-HOBBY product offered state-side, and they used different colored plastics ($$$)... There are import fees ($$$), and other factors/fees that allow both companies to make a profit.

Besides, your preferences aside, them doing this made the item be at least $50 cheaper (versus if you were to just import it or buy it elsewhere).

gothsaurus wrote:Yeah, I wish it were less... but this is about what I'd expect for the set.

It's not cheap or easy to pull out all the metal molds (think forklifts) and pay a crew to run a short, limited-edition job (AND print and design new boxes... paint the figures.... pack and ship them...etc).

It's all the production hassle of doing a full run of a million toys, only trying to make up the money with a couple thousand buyers.

It reminds me of working on a printing press... and how running an extra thousand or two of something only cost a few cents more (and took a few seconds longer.) All the cost was in the setup.

And gothsaurus saying that has me wish I had my own TF-like ranking system. Because he'd be a 8 (mods here would have been a 9, Seibertron would have been a 10) right now. :michaelbay:

That, and this is why I tried explaining to others about the prospect that TFCC may have made some changes to the sets that they might sell. Because if they were permitted to make their own set, it would allow them to shave off some $$$ in the end.

But I guess e-HOBBY does not "roll out" like that. And as for me... I guess I am contempt with my only e-HOBBY exclusive for the time being. :BOT:
Re: TFCC / eHobby Shattered Glass Soundwave VS Blaster Set Available for Pre-Order (1419595)
Posted by Trikeboy on September 12th, 2012 @ 10:12pm CDT
KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:Plus, if rumors are true, expect to hear that TFCC is (yet again) charging $5 for Soundwave's headband. A cheap rubber item they sold at BOTCON 2012 for their version, and quite possibly this one as well. :BOOM:

Note the fold line and the two slits in the sticker where it slots together.

I noticed something about these that is actually a little bit of a turn off. Soundwave isn't coloured correctly. He should have white arms and blue shoulders plus his tape door should be white. That might not sound like a big thing but for this SG collector, it is something big. I might just keep him in box and find the Music Label he is based on.

Also, e-Hobby are probably the best way to go if you aren't a member of TFCC, especially if not in the US. It is the cost of the toy, international shipping then $80 to join the club. That is a lot of the green stuff.
Re: TFCC / eHobby Shattered Glass Soundwave VS Blaster Set Available for Pre-Order (1419672)
Posted by KNM2012 on September 13th, 2012 @ 6:42am CDT
Trikeboy wrote:I don't know about TFCC but e-Hobby have made the head band a sticker. You can see it in the middle of the sticker sheet :

<snip>

Note the fold line and the two slits in the sticker where it slots together.

Thanks for the heads up. It has me feel a bit better about recommending the e-HOBBY version to others, even though I am now wondering if I should get another exclusive Alternity piece instead.

As for the "issue"... It is one if you compare it to his BOTCON variant. But the best piece to compare it to would be Soundblaster.

The only similarities between the e-HOBBY and BOTCON version is the color of the head. But between this version and Soundblaster (especially the "Encore" version) is that the color scheme makes sense... As it is kind of like seeing a negative version of that character.

But I guess that is what I like about him, and hope that you get the version with the comic as well. 8)
Re: TFCC / eHobby Shattered Glass Soundwave VS Blaster Set Available for Pre-Order (1419709)
Posted by gothsaurus on September 13th, 2012 @ 9:09am CDT
Thanks for the kind words, KUMA-NIN Maximus. I'll try to work to bring up that 8. ;-)

But yeah, I did see the arm color swap as well. Good catch. Didn't bother me too much. If it were the head or cassettes, then it would have gotten me up at arms. I'm sure it's because the way the plastic colors are molded.

It still kinda cracks me up. Music label/SG Soundwave is like something from an alternate universe where iPods were massive... or Apple Mac created the Walkman. I wonder if I can procure some tiny Apple stickers for his faction symbol.

OOK! Or have reprolabel make some silver decep symbols reversed out of the apple. ROTFL.
Re: TFCC / eHobby Shattered Glass Soundwave VS Blaster Set Available for Pre-Order (1419842)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on September 13th, 2012 @ 2:47pm CDT
So bbts has this up for pre-order at ....$250! Yikes!

But, a quick look at ehobby's old Twincast exclusive shows it to be $109.95 and it's sold out at BBTS at $116. So maybe it didn't skyrocket as much as I previously figured if you figure that each is worth about $120.

Gotta say, though .... since I'm mostly interested in the cassettes, I wonder if it's really worth it.
Re: TFCC / eHobby Shattered Glass Soundwave VS Blaster Set Available for Pre-Order (1420093)
Posted by El Duque on September 14th, 2012 @ 8:09am CDT
e-Hobby has revealed the fifth cassette Shattered Glass Soundwave vs. Blaster set, Solarbot! The figure is a translucent yellow redeco of the G1 Eject/Rewind mold. Visit TFCC to place your pre-order for this set by clicking here.

Re: TFCC / eHobby Shattered Glass Soundwave VS Blaster Set Available for Pre-Order (1420117)
Posted by Rated X on September 14th, 2012 @ 9:26am CDT
Re: TFCC / eHobby Shattered Glass Soundwave VS Blaster Set Available for Pre-Order (1420121)
Posted by gothsaurus on September 14th, 2012 @ 9:35am CDT
I agree about them all collaborating and sharing better. I do think the club and ehobby collaborating is a good sign for the future... same with the club subscription.

Mind you, the pricing will always be affected by the limited run of a rare toy, sadly. All the production and labor costs can't be spread out across millions of toys. >:oP

I wonder what the final run of this one will turn out. Hmmm.
Re: TFCC / eHobby Shattered Glass Soundwave VS Blaster Set Available for Pre-Order (1420122)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on September 14th, 2012 @ 9:38am CDT
I decided to preorder it. By January of next year, I guess I'll have the dough to get it and that's when BBTS will get it in..

I like the tapes, and Solarbot looks great. And I really dig this white Soundwave. This will actually be my very first Shattered Glass Autobot.
Re: TFCC / eHobby Shattered Glass Soundwave VS Blaster Set Available for Pre-Order (1420146)
Posted by Trikeboy on September 14th, 2012 @ 10:21am CDT
Well, I was all geared up to order this but I have other things that my money will be going towards. Maybe I will be able to pick it up later.
Re: TFCC / eHobby Shattered Glass Soundwave VS Blaster Set Available for Pre-Order (1420150)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 14th, 2012 @ 10:29am CDT
Really curious as to what Solarbot's story is and how he ties to the SG guys. 8)
Re: TFCC / eHobby Shattered Glass Soundwave VS Blaster Set Available for Pre-Order (1420200)
Posted by gothsaurus on September 14th, 2012 @ 12:49pm CDT
I'm usually opposed to clear "repaints," but given this guy's glowing disposition — and knowing how much a lemon yellow bot looks like a kid toy — I think this guy's going to look really good. Nice call.
Re: TFCC / eHobby Shattered Glass Soundwave VS Blaster Set Available for Pre-Order (1420253)
Posted by KNM2012 on September 14th, 2012 @ 4:27pm CDT
Rated X wrote:As cool as it looks, I think it is way overpriced compared to the Twincast and Sounblasters. And dont give me crap about its "E hobby". In my opinion, Takara, Encore, E-Hobby, all work together and share the same molds so they should be the same prices.

Okay... Encore is a reissue line created by Takara Tomy. It is not a separate group, such as e-HOBBY or even Hobby Town.

And e-HOBBY is a collaborator, and not owned by by Takara Tomy. So while Takara Tomy does make the figures through their factories, e-HOBBY has to pay them something to allow their stuff to exist.

Hence the exclusive pricing, versus the mass production pricing of TOMY's Encore line. >:oP
Re: TFCC / eHobby Shattered Glass Soundwave VS Blaster Set Available for Pre-Order (1420311)
Posted by triKlops on September 14th, 2012 @ 7:21pm CDT
i am interested to find out what the story behind Solar bot is.
looks cool regardless
Re: TFCC / eHobby Shattered Glass Soundwave VS Blaster Set Available for Pre-Order (1421838)
Posted by El Duque on September 19th, 2012 @ 3:54pm CDT
Couple of quick updates on the e-Hobby/TFCC Shattered Glass Soundwave vs. Blaster set. First TFCC have tweeted that the pre-order deadline has been moved up to October 2nd, so if you're interested in pre-ordering through them you might want to get a move on! Second e-Hobby have posted a small preview of the exclusive 12 page comic that will come packed with the set with art by Hidetsugu Yoshioka.

Re: TFCC / eHobby Shattered Glass Soundwave VS Blaster Set Available for Pre-Order (1421893)
Posted by Trikeboy on September 19th, 2012 @ 7:24pm CDT
Forgive me if this is a stupid question but the e-Hobby set will be available from retailers such as Robotkingdom, right? TFC are doing is so people in the US don't have to pay import fees, right? So, there is no need to rush to preorder since I can get the e-Hobby version another time.
Re: TFCC / eHobby Shattered Glass Soundwave VS Blaster Set Available for Pre-Order (1422474)
Posted by El Duque on September 21st, 2012 @ 8:26am CDT
e-Hobby has posted more packaging shots of their upcoming collaboration with TFCC, Shattered Glass Soundwave vs. Blaster. The set features Shattered Glass repaints of G1 Soundwave, Slugfest, Ratbat, Blaster, Ramhorn, and Rewind. Plus a Solarbot redeco of Eject in translucent yellow. The deadline to order this set through TFCC is October 2nd.

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #142 - Botcon 2016 Part 3: The Last One
"Botcon 2016 Part 3: The Last One"
Posted: Sunday, April 17th, 2016