TFCC / e-Hobby Solar Requiem Pricing and Pre-Order Dates Revealed

Transformers News: TFCC / e-Hobby Solar Requiem Pricing and Pre-Order Dates Revealed

Tuesday, September 11th, 2012 2:53PM CDT

Re: New e-Hobby/TFCC SG Soundwave Vs. Blaster Images

Re: New e-Hobby/TFCC SG Soundwave Vs. Blaster Images

Re: New e-Hobby/TFCC SG Soundwave Vs. Blaster Images
Credit(s): TFCC

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: TFCC / e-Hobby Solar Requiem Pricing and Pre-Order Dates Revealed (1419007)
Posted by gothsaurus on September 11th, 2012 @ 3:03pm CDT
Copper color weapons for the win! Really pretty, those.
Re: TFCC / e-Hobby Solar Requiem Pricing and Pre-Order Dates Revealed (1419014)
Posted by Seibertron on September 11th, 2012 @ 3:22pm CDT
Re: TFCC / e-Hobby Solar Requiem Pricing and Pre-Order Dates Revealed (1419021)
Posted by NTESHFT on September 11th, 2012 @ 3:48pm CDT
GuyIncognito wrote:I think these look awesome. I know some like to bitch about the Shattered Glass fiction, but I only collect the toys. I couldn't care less about the silly stories made up to sell them. They're cool toys, in cool colors, and that's enough for me.

Agreed. I hope they don't sell out soon, because at $200, I won't be getting these guys until I finish the list I got goin on right now...
Re: TFCC / e-Hobby Solar Requiem Pricing and Pre-Order Dates Revealed (1419024)
Posted by STngAR on September 11th, 2012 @ 3:53pm CDT
Hmmmm, wasnt expecting that price. Up in the air now. :MAXIMAL:
Re: TFCC / e-Hobby Solar Requiem Pricing and Pre-Order Dates Revealed (1419029)
Posted by KNM2012 on September 11th, 2012 @ 4:16pm CDT
El Duque wrote:TFCC have revealed the pricing and pre-order dates for their collaborative effort with e-Hobby, "Solar Requiem". The set features Shattered Glass repaints of G1 Soundwave, Ratbat, Slugfest, Blaster, Eject/Rewind mold, and Ramhorn. Pre-orders will start tomorrow and run approximately a month with a price of $195.00 not including shipping and handling.

And I still find it surprising that they still snubbed their Facebook followers when it comes to this, as something as big as this should have been posted there the same time it was Tweeted. Then again, they also excluded a e-HOBBY link on their page, while e-HOBBY posted a TFCC banner/link on theirs. >:oP

Also, I am wondering if this is Takara Tomy's second exclusive that was sold by both e-HOBBY in Japan and in an area that sells Hasbro Transformers. Because I read somewhere that the first was A-01U Ultra Magnus, who was also sold at the Transformers China Carnival in 2010. Even then, this is still a piece of Transformers history.

But with the price... I have to pass. I need to set up my 2013 vacation plans, and other stuff. Plus, I am iffy about trusting TFCC right now. So those who get it through them... Good luck. >:oP

Seibertron wrote:Seems like that price should be the price to import these from e-Hobby. Has BBTS, TFsource or any of the other online retailers posted pre-orders for the e-Hobby sets yet?

Seeing how the items go on sale tomorrow, I am assuming we will hear something from them as early as the same day. TFsource, however, I'd give them an additional day or two on this. :-?
Re: TFCC / e-Hobby Solar Requiem Pricing and Pre-Order Dates Revealed (1419041)
Posted by Immortal Starscream on September 11th, 2012 @ 5:07pm CDT
jeebus. $200 for this set? I can get the originals for less then that.
Re: TFCC / e-Hobby Solar Requiem Pricing and Pre-Order Dates Revealed (1419053)
Posted by KNM2012 on September 11th, 2012 @ 5:38pm CDT
Immortal Starscream wrote:jeebus. $200 for this set? I can get the originals for less then that.

True. But those are not originals, much less exclusives, like these are. ;)
Re: TFCC / e-Hobby Solar Requiem Pricing and Pre-Order Dates Revealed (1419054)
Posted by gothsaurus on September 11th, 2012 @ 5:40pm CDT
Re: TFCC / e-Hobby Solar Requiem Pricing and Pre-Order Dates Revealed (1419061)
Posted by craggy on September 11th, 2012 @ 6:06pm CDT

as they are though, it's only the tapes I'm even a little bit interested in, and I'd maybe stretch to 50 bucks for them.
Re: TFCC / e-Hobby Solar Requiem Pricing and Pre-Order Dates Revealed (1419064)
Posted by KNM2012 on September 11th, 2012 @ 6:21pm CDT
gothsaurus wrote:Yeah, but it's 7 toys... That's only like $28.57142857142857 each! Not too bad for an exclusive. LOL.

It's 6 toys, as the seventh is a "bonus" piece. But I do agree that the pricing is not too shabby when you separate the items into their own categories. :-?

I mean, lets say that each tape is $15 each. That is a $60 set right there. That is a really good price for a set of four tapes, especially when they are compared to the Encore sets.

And that least SG Soundwave and SG Blaster being $70 each. Which makes them a great price, taking into account that they are exclusive pieces. ;)

craggy wrote:I'm not sure I see the price as being way too high. IIRC the last Soundwave reissue was on par with a new Voyager figure, price-wise. Blaster is a lot bigger, so probably be double the price, and the cassettes in their Encore line haven't been cheap. Plus this set is in exclusive paint colours and may or may not have some kind of yellow thing that we've only seen artist's renditions of, so may be entirely fictional. Still, if I had the money, and actually wanted these things, I'd buy.

Just take into account that these items are not Hasbro exclusives, but rather ones that are tied to Takara Tomy. So when it comes to pricing, items like this go by an import pricing and not a domestic pricing. ;)
Re: TFCC / e-Hobby Solar Requiem Pricing and Pre-Order Dates Revealed (1419070)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on September 11th, 2012 @ 6:44pm CDT
That's incredibly pricy. Even compared to previous eHobby exclucives.
Re: TFCC / e-Hobby Solar Requiem Pricing and Pre-Order Dates Revealed (1419077)
Posted by KNM2012 on September 11th, 2012 @ 7:25pm CDT
Gauntlet101010 wrote:That's incredibly pricy. Even compared to previous eHobby exclucives.

Agreed, when compared to some. Because the 2008 exclusive "Gadep" was pretty huge. And 2011 Black Rodimus Convoy was a Masterpiece. But the rest...

...They were not this big of a set, especially the G1 exclusives. ;)
Re: TFCC / e-Hobby Solar Requiem Pricing and Pre-Order Dates Revealed (1419082)
Posted by C - 310 on September 11th, 2012 @ 7:41pm CDT
Shattered Glass Continuity needs to go away yesterday...
Re: TFCC / e-Hobby Solar Requiem Pricing and Pre-Order Dates Revealed (1419094)
Posted by Mkall on September 11th, 2012 @ 8:13pm CDT
C - 310 wrote:Shattered Glass Continuity needs to go away yesterday...

No one's forcing you to buy it.
Re: TFCC / e-Hobby Solar Requiem Pricing and Pre-Order Dates Revealed (1419095)
Posted by Cyber Bishop on September 11th, 2012 @ 8:13pm CDT
Wow.. What a price... Here, take my kidney too... :lol:
Re: TFCC / e-Hobby Solar Requiem Pricing and Pre-Order Dates Revealed (1419119)
Posted by joevill on September 11th, 2012 @ 9:30pm CDT
Bob called it!
Re: TFCC / e-Hobby Solar Requiem Pricing and Pre-Order Dates Revealed (1419121)
Posted by Seibertron on September 11th, 2012 @ 9:34pm CDT
I'm not saying the price is high for e-Hobby exclusives. I'm saying the price is high for it being sold as a club exclusive. I would expect that would be the price we'd pay for the actual imported e-Hobby exclusives via BBTS or TFsource. This price doesn't seem like the Club is doing any of us any favors. I had expected the price to be cheaper. For that price, I'll just order them when the e-Hobby ones come out.
Re: TFCC / e-Hobby Solar Requiem Pricing and Pre-Order Dates Revealed (1419134)
Posted by Cooter on September 11th, 2012 @ 10:21pm CDT
Hope they put the purple autobot insignia on blaster, the red one in the pictures isn't doin it for me
Re: TFCC / e-Hobby Solar Requiem Pricing and Pre-Order Dates Revealed (1419150)
Posted by Rated X on September 11th, 2012 @ 11:07pm CDT
I was all in at $150, but at $200 I think Ill pass. The cassettes were all I really wanted.
Re: TFCC / e-Hobby Solar Requiem Pricing and Pre-Order Dates Revealed (1419248)
Posted by El Duque on September 12th, 2012 @ 8:57am CDT
New continues to trickle in on TFCC and e-Hobby's "Solar Requiem" collaboration. e-Hobby have posted a mock-up of the sets packaging, which can be seen below. The set features Shattered Glass repaints of G1 Soundwave, Slugfest, Ratbat, Blaster, Ramhorn, Eject, and Rewind. According to TFCC we can expect pre-orders to open today. The set is priced at $195.00