TFCC Magazine Reveals Generations Rattrap

Transformers News: TFCC Magazine Reveals Generations Rattrap

Tuesday, December 10th, 2013 5:11PM CST

Categories: Toy News, Collector's Club News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 26,179

The Transformers Collectors' Club Magazine, due to come out soon, has a major reveal for an upcoming figure in the Generations line: Deluxe Rattrap himself! Straight out of the pages of IDW's Robots in Disguise and Dark Cybertron (or Beast Wars, for those in denial), the little critter is bound to land on shelves some point in the new year. Check out the image below!

12/10/2013 - TCC Magazine Issue 54 to feature Generations 2014 SNEAK PEEK!

TCC Issue #54!You read (and saw) right! Next issue has a look at THREE of Hasbro's upcoming Transformers Generations releases! You can get your first look right here at RATTRAP. Just click the thumbnail for the cover preview.

Issue 54 has more than JUST Generations of course! We have a very revealing interview with Duane Capizzi from the Transformers: Prime series (including an exclusive coupon code for the Predacons Rising DVD), a two page spread featuring the G1 Predacons, two all-new MTMTE profiles and the final installment of BEAST WARS: Shattered Glass featuring a most epic conclusion, and a cameo appearance, that you won't want to miss!

Watch your mailboxes because this issue is going to rock the end of the year!

Transformers News: TFCC Magazine Reveals Generations Rattrap
Credit(s): TFCC
Re: TFCC Magazine Reveals Generations Rattrap (1534343)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 10th, 2013 @ 5:17pm CST
I literally let out a high-pitch choral note for a good long while upon laying eyes on that beauty.
Re: TFCC Magazine Reveals Generations Rattrap (1534344)
Posted by MasterSoundBlaster on December 10th, 2013 @ 5:20pm CST
Now that is one badass looking Rattrap
Re: TFCC Magazine Reveals Generations Rattrap (1534345)
Posted by synapse on December 10th, 2013 @ 5:22pm CST
I must admit, it looks better than I expected :)
Re: TFCC Magazine Reveals Generations Rattrap (1534346)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on December 10th, 2013 @ 5:24pm CST
Oh, he looks beautiful! :D I want him now! ;)
Re: TFCC Magazine Reveals Generations Rattrap (1534347)
Posted by ScottyP on December 10th, 2013 @ 5:25pm CST
Man, that toy looks perfect. I hope they take liberties with the "Deluxe" scale here so that he won't be as big as Cheetor and Dinobot from '09.
Re: TFCC Magazine Reveals Generations Rattrap (1534350)
Posted by hinomars19 on December 10th, 2013 @ 5:29pm CST
Re: TFCC Magazine Reveals Generations Rattrap (1534352)
Posted by Seibertron on December 10th, 2013 @ 5:35pm CST
Now that's what I'd call "maximized". Awesome. :D
Re: TFCC Magazine Reveals Generations Rattrap (1534354)
Posted by Go-Faster-Wings on December 10th, 2013 @ 5:53pm CST
Re: TFCC Magazine Reveals Generations Rattrap (1534355)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on December 10th, 2013 @ 6:05pm CST
DO WANT :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK:
Re: TFCC Magazine Reveals Generations Rattrap (1534356)
Posted by Noideaforaname on December 10th, 2013 @ 6:06pm CST
Love that it's his original "organic" rat body, always preferred those to the Transmetal and later ones (although TM Megatron and Tarantulas had awesome bot modes). But it kinda bugs me that the rat head doesn't really look like a rat head, instead it looks almost dog-like.
But if he has his cute little rodent mouth instead of 90s EXTREME GRIMACE! all is forgiven.
Re: TFCC Magazine Reveals Generations Rattrap (1534357)
Posted by JazZeke on December 10th, 2013 @ 6:07pm CST
OH MAI PRIMUS
BOUGHT!
Although for once I wouldn't mind if this deluxe was a little undersized.
Re: TFCC Magazine Reveals Generations Rattrap (1534359)
Posted by megatronus on December 10th, 2013 @ 6:11pm CST
Re: TFCC Magazine Reveals Generations Rattrap (1534360)
Posted by PrymeStriker on December 10th, 2013 @ 6:13pm CST
Allow Rattrap to join Rhinox and Waspinator in this reaction:

:KREMZEEK: :BOWDOWN: :BOWDOWN: :APPLAUSE: :DANCE: :DANCE: :BOOM:
Re: TFCC Magazine Reveals Generations Rattrap (1534365)
Posted by Mindmaster on December 10th, 2013 @ 6:26pm CST
For those who doubted:

Anyway...

So the unveiling of Rattrap, combined with the Amazon listing of Tankor, pretty much confirms we're getting those two along with Crosscut and Nightbeat. Whether they'll be redecos or completely new toolings is anyone's guess (well, besides Rattrap, obviously).

If there's one thing I have to harp about, it isn't about the figure itself (I just can't look at it from a negative perspective, it's that good): it's the fact that we have a total of four Maximals (counting Dinobot) and one Predacon for the Classics and other affiliated lines. I just hope that the "Beast Wars Megatron from Fall of Cybertron Grimlock" prototype makes it into reality. :PRAY:
Re: TFCC Magazine Reveals Generations Rattrap (1534370)
Posted by Shadowstream on December 10th, 2013 @ 6:33pm CST
hinomars19 wrote:YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!! :KREMZEEK:

My initial reaction exactly.

Not a fan of how I can see his tail poking out of his bottom, and the entirely translucent handgun seems pointless. If my eyes doth not deceive me though, it looks like he also has opening forearm flaps like his show character model did. I wonder if there's any other reason to that than fanwank, cuz I'm not sure anything would fit in them.
Re: TFCC Magazine Reveals Generations Rattrap (1534391)
Posted by Ballistic90 on December 10th, 2013 @ 8:09pm CST
Re: TFCC Magazine Reveals Generations Rattrap (1534393)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on December 10th, 2013 @ 8:26pm CST
Rattrap's face = "Who farted?!"

jk, looks very nice. For those collecting the Beast Wars stuff, this must be heaven. Cool that the rat legs look to be poseable too.

Ballistic90 wrote:I was waiting for this day for SO long... I always wanted the original Rattrap figure, but I never found it in stores when I was a kid. And now... this is going to be so awesome.

Despite the fact that he was mostly a shellformer, he was awesome. The guns splitting and hiding in each rat body side was very clever.
Re: TFCC Magazine Reveals Generations Rattrap (1534394)
Posted by Arctorro on December 10th, 2013 @ 8:28pm CST
He looks awesome, instant buy :D
Re: TFCC Magazine Reveals Generations Rattrap (1534396)
Posted by xyl360 on December 10th, 2013 @ 8:47pm CST
Well, it's definitely not perfect/100% show accurate, but it's pretty damn good. I'll definitely be buying it.

I just hope his beast mode doesn't have those robo-parts like the version of him shown in that Transformers mobile game did. That would be a real shame.

And yeah, that gun needs some paint. Shouldn't be too tough to take care of that though. Just a bit of silver, gray and bronze/copper should set it right to make it look like the show.
Re: TFCC Magazine Reveals Generations Rattrap (1534398)
Posted by Nemesis Primal on December 10th, 2013 @ 8:56pm CST
megatronus wrote:You have to give it to HasTak - they've really been hitting these "Beast Wars" figures out of the park!

Eh, Cheetor and Dinobot from Universe weren't so great, but the BW Generations figures seem to be a GIANT step up. Want this one BAD. Hope they keep going with the BW updates, I'd LOVE to see... Okay, well, the entire rest of the cast.

EDIT: Given the general reaction to the reveal, I'm surprised nobody's said this yet.

We're all gonna buy. :grin: