TFClub Project Deva Update and Possible Reflector

Transformers News: TFClub Project Deva Update and Possible Reflector

Sunday, January 30th, 2011 10:49AM CST

Categories: Toy News, Rumors, 3rd Party News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 60,110

The third piece in TFClub's upcoming Project Deva has been revealed, Longhaul. The latest figure is shown in his robot mode and combiner mode. We got a look at the figure's alt mode earlier as a computer render.

Looks like you may have a decision to make when it comes to your third party Relector needs. They have also posted images of what appear to be a Reflector-ish set of robots. Three individual robots with the central piece shown in alt mode with a light-up feature.

The images can be viewed here at TFClub's Blog. However, the site requires registration so the images have been mirrored below.

Update: added computer renders of the Reflector set, which include alt mode.

Seibertron.com Image

Seibertron.com Image

Seibertron.com Image
Credit(s): TFClub

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: TFClub Project Deva Update and Possible Reflector (1175574)
Posted by Mkall on January 30th, 2011 @ 10:55am CST
Looks like it was a good dinner...

Now I'm torn between the two upcoming Reflectors...
I hope one will be in Anime colours and the other in Toy colours.
Re: TFClub Project Deva Update and Possible Reflector (1175576)
Posted by Trikeboy on January 30th, 2011 @ 11:03am CST
I prefer the look of PE's Reflector. Long Haul, yes please, even the Devastator mode looks spot on. Can't wait for Devastator.
Re: TFClub Project Deva Update and Possible Reflector (1175577)
Posted by Andrius on January 30th, 2011 @ 11:13am CST
I can't get over what an ambitious project TFClub is starting out with; I'm even more shocked to see a second one in the offing. Let's hope they don't overextend themselves too much...
Re: TFClub Project Deva Update and Possible Reflector (1175578)
Posted by munkimus prime on January 30th, 2011 @ 11:21am CST
They could of cleared up a bit before taking the pictures.

When Buying from 3rd Person companies, I always thought Fans Project would be the only one I'd buy from but with this coming I may have to change my mind.
Re: TFClub Project Deva Update and Possible Reflector (1175586)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on January 30th, 2011 @ 11:48am CST
I wish smaller third party companies would finish one project before working in their next. Especially a project as big as Devy. Reflector could be cool but he looks a little big.
Re: TFClub Project Deva Update and Possible Reflector (1175595)
Posted by Down_Shift on January 30th, 2011 @ 12:07pm CST
I think longhaul looks really good, if a little stumpy. I like the twin cannons ala Movie Longhaul. This reflector set looks better then the other set to me. This set is using a grey resin prototype which usually means the quality of finalized plastics will be better then the black prototype PE figures. Plus these look about deluxe size which is where they should be.
Re: TFClub Project Deva Update and Possible Reflector (1175597)
Posted by Blozor on January 30th, 2011 @ 12:08pm CST
I like the look and accessories of PE's Reflector, but I don't like that they'll end up being not much bigger than Shadow Warrior. I'm not as big a fan of TFClub's look, but I like the fact that they look like they'll be more proportional to the Classics/Universe/Generations/RTS lines.

These NotConstructicons look spectacular. They also look very sturdy. They may be the best quality 3rd Party figures to come out, but I should reserve judgment until I actually get them in my hands.
Re: TFClub Project Deva Update and Possible Reflector (1175605)
Posted by dragons on January 30th, 2011 @ 12:42pm CST
:shock: wow deluxe figures that have botmodes, vehical modes, & combined mode all into one this devastator will make moive dev look like childs toy if it holds well togeather in combined mode this may tower over big crapy devastator.
Re: TFClub Project Deva Update and Possible Reflector (1175607)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on January 30th, 2011 @ 12:49pm CST
I didn't do this but I saw it and thought I should share. It gives a rough idea of what devs would look like:

Re: TFClub Project Deva Update and Possible Reflector (1175608)
Posted by WarGraver on January 30th, 2011 @ 12:49pm CST
As to the Reflector, I like that this set has more detail than t' other, but they lose out for not being individualized by well-used kibble. The light-up feature... meh. I don't need my toys to light up, but I will still grant that it seems they did a good job of having it in both robot and camera mode.

PE is the winner, though, no question.
Re: TFClub Project Deva Update and Possible Reflector (1175614)
Posted by Dread_Wing on January 30th, 2011 @ 1:03pm CST

I shoved these together quickly: <!-- ia0 -->deva.jpg<!-- ia0 --> I still think Devvy needs his big purple chest wing...

Edit: Sorry Lost Cybertronian, I did not notice you had posted that already!
Re: TFClub Project Deva Update and Possible Reflector (1175623)
Posted by Sodan-1 on January 30th, 2011 @ 1:34pm CST
Not-Longhaul looks a little bulky. Just as he should be. Excellent.

Not sure how anyone can make a decision on TFClub's Not-Reflector given as we've hardly seen any of it. I am reserving finally judgement until they show us a little more, which I hope they do soon. PE's SFX is meant to getting a pre-order any day now. :-s
Re: TFClub Project Deva Update and Possible Reflector (1175626)
Posted by stangatron on January 30th, 2011 @ 1:44pm CST
man dev looks so good so far. any word on preorder yet?
Re: TFClub Project Deva Update and Possible Reflector (1175628)
Posted by Mindmaster on January 30th, 2011 @ 1:50pm CST
Like how it's a mix of G1 Long Haul and his ROTF counterpart. Most notably his flamethrower/grenade launcher-looking things. Now, if this is supposed to represent Reflector(s?), I might, emphasis on MIGHT, discard my hate for 3rd party toys, turn a blind eye and buy him(them?). ;) :lol:
Re: TFClub Project Deva Update and Possible Reflector (1175632)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on January 30th, 2011 @ 2:04pm CST
Dread_Wing wrote:OMG :KREMZEEK: Project Deva is looking to be truly awesome! I love the look of the reflector-cons too. TFClub is lining up to empty my wallet! :sad:

I shoved these together quickly: [attachment=0]deva.jpg[/attachment] I still think Devvy needs his big purple chest wing...

Edit: Sorry Lost Cybertronian, I did not notice you had posted that already!

It's alright, I didn't do it just posted it here. Yours looks much better anyway. :APPLAUSE:
Re: TFClub Project Deva Update and Possible Reflector (1175635)
Posted by Rated X on January 30th, 2011 @ 2:18pm CST
I just want a reflector in a scale size like deluxe or scout. The Constructicons are bad ass but I dont like them being so big. When a huge bot towers over your whole collection (besides Unicron) it looks kind of stupid. Ill end up displaying him alone rather than with the group.
Re: TFClub Project Deva Update and Possible Reflector (1175643)
Posted by kirbenvost on January 30th, 2011 @ 2:42pm CST
Definitely prefer PE Reflector. This Devastator is going to be completely badass though, if he ends up being affordable at all.
Re: TFClub Project Deva Update and Possible Reflector (1175655)
Posted by XStarfireX on January 30th, 2011 @ 3:09pm CST
Re: TFClub Project Deva Update and Possible Reflector (1175657)
Posted by Dread_Wing on January 30th, 2011 @ 3:15pm CST
XStarfireX wrote:Deva looks awesome, I totally doubt I will be able to afford him in the end. Oh well I will just have to make sure one of my friends have it so I can play :grin: er..I mean... transform very carefully :P

<gulp> Should I be taking out contents insurance to cover my future Transformer purchases? :P And the traditional greeting Starfire:

WELCOME TO SEIBERTRON! WARNING: MAY CONTAIN NUTS

Just joking, of course you can 'play' with them when they come out! :CON:
Re: TFClub Project Deva Update and Possible Reflector (1175672)
Posted by Sodan-1 on January 30th, 2011 @ 3:44pm CST
One more thing regarding TFClub's Not-Reflector; the light at the centre of Viewfinder. I like that it's a nice extra feature in an attempt to make it look unique, but without Spectro and Spyglass he looks like he belongs in Robert Downey Jr's chest.