Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

TFcon USA announced: October 24th – 26th 2014 in Chicago

Transformers News: TFcon USA announced: October 24th – 26th 2014 in Chicago

Tuesday, December 31st, 2013 9:51AM CST

Category: Event News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 18,367

Just in from our friends at TFcon, they've announced they well be bringing the event to Chicago in 2014! The event will be held October 24th to 26th, 2014 at the Hyatt Regency O’Hare in Chicago. Stay tuned for more info.

Save the dates! TFcon – The world’s largest fan-run Transformers convention is travelling to America the weekend of October 24th to 26th, 2014. TFcon USA will take place at the Hyatt Regency O’Hare in Chicago to celebrate the 30th Anniversary of the Transformers. Discounted hotel block information will be available shortly. Dealer bookings and registration information will also be available in the near future. We hope you can join us for this historic event.
Credit(s): TFcon
Re: TFcon USA announced: October 24th – 26th 2014 in Chicago (1538554)
Posted by Fender Bender on December 31st, 2013 @ 10:23am CST
I will be there! Finally a top caliber TF Convention comes back to the Upper Midwest!
Re: TFcon USA announced: October 24th – 26th 2014 in Chicago (1538559)
Posted by Mkall on December 31st, 2013 @ 10:30am CST
Re: TFcon USA announced: October 24th – 26th 2014 in Chicago (1538560)
Posted by Shadowstream on December 31st, 2013 @ 10:34am CST
+ Driving distance
- A location I never want to go near
- worst possible time of year

2014 is setting up to be the most frustrating year of my entire life...
Re: TFcon USA announced: October 24th – 26th 2014 in Chicago (1538568)
Posted by WildcatOn3 on December 31st, 2013 @ 11:00am CST
Re: TFcon USA announced: October 24th – 26th 2014 in Chicago (1538583)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on December 31st, 2013 @ 12:15pm CST
Mkall wrote:It's good to see them expand into the US. I suspect with many people frustrated at Botcon, that this will be a very popular convention.

You suspect correctly. Unless the BotCon set is an absolute knockout, I'm passing on it this year. I do want to go to a convention, and I heard good things about TFCon. I also have never been to Chicago and it's half the distance that Pasadena is. So, given further information, I think I may just go to this convention instead of BotCon.
Re: TFcon USA announced: October 24th – 26th 2014 in Chicago (1538586)
Posted by SlyTF1 on December 31st, 2013 @ 12:28pm CST

I'm still waiting for one to come somewhere at least close to the East coast.
Re: TFcon USA announced: October 24th – 26th 2014 in Chicago (1538593)
Posted by Seibertron on December 31st, 2013 @ 12:52pm CST
Re: TFcon USA announced: October 24th – 26th 2014 in Chicago (1538594)
Posted by Seibertron on December 31st, 2013 @ 12:53pm CST
For you history buffs out there ... this is where BotCon 1996 was held (my first BotCon) and right next door to where OTFCC 2003 and 2004 were held.
Re: TFcon USA announced: October 24th – 26th 2014 in Chicago (1538603)
Posted by Fender Bender on December 31st, 2013 @ 1:28pm CST
SlyTF1 wrote:

I'm still waiting for one to come somewhere at least close to the East coast.

Charticon in Charlotte, NC is on the East Coast and a damn fun convention to go to. I went this year. :)

If that's not close enough, you also have NJCC, NYCC, and Retrocon.
Re: TFcon USA announced: October 24th – 26th 2014 in Chicago (1538608)
Posted by welcometothedarksyde on December 31st, 2013 @ 1:50pm CST
Re: TFcon USA announced: October 24th – 26th 2014 in Chicago (1538611)
Posted by Fender Bender on December 31st, 2013 @ 2:03pm CST
welcometothedarksyde wrote:So is there still going to be a TFcon in Toronto? Because I just moved close-by and wanted to go

July 11th - 13th in Toronto.
Re: TFcon USA announced: October 24th – 26th 2014 in Chicago (1538617)
Posted by ScottyP on December 31st, 2013 @ 2:15pm CST
Seibertron wrote:Well this is awesome. That's 10 minutes from my house. I might look into being a dealer at the show as well. Can't wait to see everyone!

Sooo, 2014 will have the first ever Seibertron.com slumber party?
Re: TFcon USA announced: October 24th – 26th 2014 in Chicago (1538624)
Posted by Down_Shift on December 31st, 2013 @ 3:04pm CST
Man am I ever happy I can talk about this now. Been keeping my big trap shit for long enough! Can't wait to bring the Canadian heat to Chicago!

Lots more surprises in store!
Re: TFcon USA announced: October 24th – 26th 2014 in Chicago (1538657)
Posted by fonziechavez on December 31st, 2013 @ 6:23pm CST
I think I shall save a lot of money for this. Gotta make a >:oP list of my must have figures & hope to have a lot of fun meeting all of my fellow Transformers fans. :CON:
Re: TFcon USA announced: October 24th – 26th 2014 in Chicago (1538670)
Posted by Savage on December 31st, 2013 @ 7:31pm CST
Sweet! Count me in! Who needs Botcon??! :P
Re: TFcon USA announced: October 24th – 26th 2014 in Chicago (1538686)
Posted by Mindmaster on December 31st, 2013 @ 8:49pm CST
Meh, still hoping to go to BotCon, but if it doesn't work out, I'll keep it in mind.

Hey Seibs... can I stay at your house if I end up going? ;;)
Re: TFcon USA announced: October 24th – 26th 2014 in Chicago (1538699)
Posted by Vile MK III on December 31st, 2013 @ 9:46pm CST
ScottyP wrote:

Sooo, 2014 will have the first ever Seibertron.com slumber party?

A Sleep Over podcast episode??? :KREMZEEK:
Re: TFcon USA announced: October 24th – 26th 2014 in Chicago (1538701)
Posted by Mindmaster on December 31st, 2013 @ 9:49pm CST
Vile MK III wrote:
ScottyP wrote:

Sooo, 2014 will have the first ever Seibertron.com slumber party?

A Sleep Over podcast episode??? :KREMZEEK:

I'd be down with that. :lol:
Re: TFcon USA announced: October 24th – 26th 2014 in Chicago (1538987)
Posted by rockman_fan on January 2nd, 2014 @ 2:45pm CST
WOOOOOOO! FINALLY! a con i can GO to! :grin:
Re: TFcon USA announced: October 24th – 26th 2014 in Chicago (1540113)
Posted by Delicon on January 7th, 2014 @ 6:33pm CST
I have been talking to lot of people about this. It sounds like there will be a great Seibertronian turnout and I am pumped to see a lot of friends I haven't been able to catch up with in person for a while
Re: TFcon USA announced: October 24th – 26th 2014 in Chicago (1547663)
Posted by El Duque on February 3rd, 2014 @ 1:27pm CST
The TFcon Chicago 2014 hotel block is now available. You can book your hotel room for TFcon Chicago 2014 by calling the Hyatt Regency O’Hare reservation department direct at 888-421-1442 or book online. When booking by phone, please ask for the TFcon rate to receive the discount. You can book your room via the 2014 hotel reservation website at https://resweb.passkey.com/go/tfco

The group rate is good for October 20th to October 29th, 2014 at the price of $139 per room. No deposit is required to reserve your room now. You have until the day before your reservation to cancel your room if you can’t make the convention.
Re: TFcon USA announced: October 24th – 26th 2014 in Chicago (1555999)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on March 7th, 2014 @ 11:23pm CST
For those looking to sell your Transformers wares at TFcon Chicago, dealer registration has opened for the fan-run convention which takes place October 24th-26th. According to the announcement, there is an early bird special if space is reserved by April 1. Dealer inquiries can be found here.

Dealer registration is now available for TFcon Chicago 2014. For those of you that were looking to sell at America’s largest fan-run Transformers convention now is the time to book, you can contact us now to reserve your space. Book before April 1 to receive the early bird discount.

Registration for attendees will be available in the upcoming months.
Re: TFcon USA announced: October 24th – 26th 2014 in Chicago (1558519)
Posted by Seibertron on March 18th, 2014 @ 1:10pm CDT
I just booked the Seibertron.com dealer tables last night for TFcon Chicago!
Re: TFcon USA announced: October 24th – 26th 2014 in Chicago (1579931)
Posted by mooncake623 on June 6th, 2014 @ 12:20pm CDT
Our friends at TFcon stopped by to share with us that Dan Gilvezan the voice of G1 Bumblebee will be in attendance at TFcon Chicago. TFcon Chicago is America's largest fan-run Transformers convention and will take place from October 24th to 26th, 2014 at Hyatt Regency O'Hare in Rosemont, Illinois

Re: TFcon USA announced: October 24th – 26th 2014 in Chicago (1584241)
Posted by El Duque on June 20th, 2014 @ 10:09pm CDT
Our friends at TFcon dropped by to let us know that Alan Oppenheimer has been added as a special guest for this year's event in Chicago. TFcon Chicago will be taking place at the Hyatt Regency O'Hare – 9300 Bryn Mawr Avenue, Rosemont, Illinois - October 24th – 26th, 2014.

We are pleased to announce our second voice actor guest for TFcon Chicago, Alan Oppenheimer the voices of Warpath, Beachcomber, Breakdown and Seaspray in Transformers Geaneration 1 well as the voices of Skeletor, Man-At-Arms and Mer-Man from He-Man and the Masters of the Universe.

Alan will be taking part in Q&A panels and signing for the attendees of the America’s largest fan-run Transformers convention all weekend long.
Re: TFcon USA announced: October 24th – 26th 2014 in Chicago (1584322)
Posted by fenrir72 on June 21st, 2014 @ 8:00am CDT
The Great Skeletor and Merlin (from Prince Valiant) :APPLAUSE:
Re: TFcon USA announced: October 24th – 26th 2014 in Chicago (1592271)
Posted by Va'al on July 21st, 2014 @ 1:15pm CDT
It was TFCon just a week or so ago, but it's now time for the US version of the event, taking place in Chicago this October - and you can already register for the con! Tickets for attendees can be found here, and so far Dan Gilvezan (voice of G1 Bumblebee) has been confirmed as one of the guests.

TFcon Chicago 2014 Attendee Registration Now Open

Online registration is now available for TFcon Chicago 2014. Please follow the Admission/Registration/Ticket Information link to purchase your advance tickets.
Re: TFcon USA announced: October 24th – 26th 2014 in Chicago (1592515)
Posted by shajaki on July 22nd, 2014 @ 10:06am CDT
will this con have the same exclusives as the canadian tfcon?
Re: TFcon USA announced: October 24th – 26th 2014 in Chicago (1592911)
Posted by Down_Shift on July 23rd, 2014 @ 5:32pm CDT
shajaki wrote:will this con have the same exclusives as the canadian tfcon?

Nope. The TFCon Chicago Exclusive will be Axis, a black repaint of x-Transbot Stax.
Re: TFcon USA announced: October 24th – 26th 2014 in Chicago (1592952)
Posted by shajaki on July 23rd, 2014 @ 7:47pm CDT
Down_Shift wrote:
shajaki wrote:will this con have the same exclusives as the canadian tfcon?

lame..