Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

TFExpo 2014: August 1st-3rd in Wichita, Kansas with Neil Ross!

Transformers News: TFExpo 2014: August 1st-3rd in Wichita, Kansas with Neil Ross!

Friday, November 8th, 2013 10:08AM CST

Categories: Event News, People News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 21,056

Our friends at TFexpo dropped by with an official press release for next year's event in Wichita, Kansas. The TFexpo website is currently down for renovations, but you can still tune in to their Facebook and Twitter accounts.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

NOVEMBER 8, 2013

Wichita, Kansas - TFEXPO ANNOUNCES DATES FOR 2014 SHOW AND FIRST GUEST NEIL ROSS
TFExpo is proud to announce our fourth Transformers convention in Wichita, Kansas coming next summer! TFExpo 2014 will be held at the Holiday Inn at Kellogg and Rock Road August 1st-3rd. That's right, in celebration of thirty years of our favorite transforming robots, TFExpo 2014 will be a full weekend show!

To help us celebrate, we're bringing in fan favorite voice actor Neil Ross as our first guest! Fans of Transformers Generation 1 (and many other 80's cartoons) will remember Neil's many distinctive voices. Neil performed the roles of Springer, Slag, Bonecrusher, and Hook in Transformers, as well as Dusty and Shipwreck in the original G.I.Joe cartoon. And he voiced both Keith and Pidge in Voltron! But that's only scratching the surface of Neil's long and varied career. For a complete list of credits, head to http://www.imdb.com.

There will be many more exciting announcements in the months ahead, so stay tuned! Our website will be renovated soon for TFExpo 2014, and then we will open pre-registration for the show. In the meantime, like TFExpo on Facebook and follow us on Twitter for all the latest updates.

We will see you at TFExpo 2014!

Credit(s): TFexpo

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: TFExpo 2014: August 1st-3rd in Wichita, Kansas with Neil Ross! (1543370)
Posted by Va'al on January 20th, 2014 @ 4:15am CST
Our friends at TFExpo have sent us the following press release, announcing the addition of live action and voice actor Sumalee Montano - the voice of Transformers: Prime Arcee! She joins previously announced Neil Ross as guest at the Wichita convention - for which registration is open now!

Wichita, Kansas - SUMALEE MONTANO to Appear at TFExpo 2014-- Registration Open NOW!
TFExpo is proud to announce our next guest for our fourth Transformers convention in Wichita, Kansas coming next summer! Sumalee Montano, best known to Transformers fans as the voice of Transformers: Prime Arcee, will be meeting guests and signing autographs on Sunday! TFExpo 2014 will be held at the Holiday Inn at Kellogg and Rock Road August 1st-3rd.
Ms. Montano has appeared in live action roles in shows such as ER, NCIS: LA, Bones, Touch, The Finder, Harry's Law, Nip/Tuck, Big Love, Shark, Boston Legal, Close to Home, and The West Wing. In addition to her role as Arcee, she has many voice acting credits, including:

• Katana/Tatsu Yamashiro in Beware the Batman
  • Su Wu, Wing Wu, and Wan Wu (the Wu Sisters) in Kung Fu Panda: Secrets of the Masters
  • The Enchantress in Diablo III
  • Playable Female Soldier in Call of Duty: Ghosts
  • Nyreen Kandros in Mass Effect 3
  • Female Boss in Saints Row IV
  • Suna Silentstrike in World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria
  • Cali in Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure, Skylanders Giants, and Skylanders SWAP Force
  • Mystique in X-Men: Destiny
  • Yerema in Dead Island

For a complete list of credits, please look up Sumalee Montano on http://www.imdb.com.
Sumalee joins Neil Ross, our previously announced guest who will appear Saturday at the show. Mr. Ross is known to Transformers fans as the voice of Springer, Hook, Bonecrusher, Slag, and Sixshot, as well as Dusty and Shipwreck on G.I.Joe and Keith and Pidge on Voltron. Pre-Registration packages will include admission to the full weekend's events, so don’t miss your chance to meet both of our guests of honor! Stay tuned for more information when registration becomes available! Like TFExpo on Facebook and follow us on Twitter as well!

For the next exciting part of our announcement-- Registration for TFExpo 2014 is NOW OPEN! If you want to take advantage of everything TFExpo 2014 has to offer, your best bet is to Pre-Register! We offer three different packages, Basic, Premium and Ultra. For prices and details, head to http://www.tf-expo.com! Some of our registration levels will be limited, and once they're gone, they're gone-- so don't delay!

TFExpo has much more to offer-- this is just the tip of the iceberg! There will be many more exciting announcements in the months ahead, so stay tuned.

We'll see you at TFExpo 2014!

Re: TFExpo 2014: August 1st-3rd in Wichita, Kansas with Neil Ross! (1543415)
Posted by Rated X on January 20th, 2014 @ 11:10am CST
Damn shes hot. Yeah I said it, so deal with it.
Re: TFExpo 2014: August 1st-3rd in Wichita, Kansas with Neil Ross! (1543428)
Posted by ScoutBumblebee on January 20th, 2014 @ 11:59am CST

One of these days, I'll make it to a TF function of some kind.

Thanks for the update, Va'al.
Re: TFExpo 2014: August 1st-3rd in Wichita, Kansas with Neil Ross! (1543431)
Posted by Va'al on January 20th, 2014 @ 12:05pm CST
ScoutBumblebee wrote:Dang! Wichita isn't even too far from me. If it wasn't for these pesky kids, I could go. ;-)

One of these days, I'll make it to a TF function of some kind.

Thanks for the update, Va'al.

Could you not bring them along? Do they not have reduced entry for younger children? :-?

I'm pretty sure they'd enjoy it, despite the majority of overwhelming nerds, and most of the many talented guests love kids too. Steve Blum was amazing at Auto Assembly last summer.
Re: TFExpo 2014: August 1st-3rd in Wichita, Kansas with Neil Ross! (1543433)
Posted by ScoutBumblebee on January 20th, 2014 @ 12:09pm CST
Va'al wrote:

One of these days, I'll make it to a TF function of some kind.

Thanks for the update, Va'al.

You know, that's not a bad idea. I will have to look more into it. My son would be over the moon with joy honestly. My daughter would probably be interested in the Transformer stuff for a while and then be perfectly happy looking at all the craziness going on. Hmm... That is really tempting.
Re: TFExpo 2014: August 1st-3rd in Wichita, Kansas with Neil Ross! (1543512)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on January 20th, 2014 @ 5:02pm CST

One of these days, I'll make it to a TF function of some kind.

Thanks for the update, Va'al.

You can come and meet a couple people from the staff. Wichita is my hometown and El Duque has made it every year as well.
Re: TFExpo 2014: August 1st-3rd in Wichita, Kansas with Neil Ross! (1543517)
Posted by ScoutBumblebee on January 20th, 2014 @ 5:55pm CST
LOST Cybertronian wrote:

Well, that would be fun! :APPLAUSE:
Re: TFExpo 2014: August 1st-3rd in Wichita, Kansas with Neil Ross! (1543603)
Posted by Stratagem on January 20th, 2014 @ 11:27pm CST
Glad to hear you guys are interested in the show! We WILL have discounted admission for children at the door. So far we only have the Pre-Registration packages finalized, but in the coming months we'll announce door prices, with discounted admission for children, seniors, and military.
Re: TFExpo 2014: August 1st-3rd in Wichita, Kansas with Neil Ross! (1558048)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on March 16th, 2014 @ 10:55pm CDT
Our friends over at TFExpo 2014 dropped a line to let us know about the exclusives coming up for this year's show. Check out the official press release and images of the exclusive below.

For Immediate Release

March 17, 2014

TFExpo 2014 Exclusives Revealed: BMOG Carbearator and Chopp-Or!

TFExpo is thrilled to announce our toy exclusives for the 2014 show! From the brand-new BMOG (Bio-Mechanical Ordnance Gestalt) line of toys come Heroic Augmentoids Carbearator and Chopp-Or! These valiant beasts split apart into a 5mm-compatible arsenal of weapons that can be wielded by a variety of different toys. Carbearator and Chopp-Or are available ONLY at TFExpo 2014 with your Ultra or Premium Registration! Supplies will be limited, so don't hesitate-- registration is open now! For more information on the world of BMOG, please visit http://www.bmogtoys.com.

TFExpo is a celebration of all things Transformers. And this year we're expanding to a full weekend show! You won't want to miss everything we have in store. Our special guests this year are Neil Ross (voice of Generation 1 Springer, Slag, Bonecrusher and Hook) and Sumalee Montano (voice of TF:Prime Arcee)! Mr. Ross will be appearing Saturday only, and Ms. Montano will be appearing Sunday only.

We have more announcements to come, so stay tuned. To register today, or for more information, please visit http://www.tf-expo.com.

Re: TFExpo 2014: August 1st-3rd in Wichita, Kansas with Neil Ross! (1558056)
Posted by megatronus on March 17th, 2014 @ 12:38am CDT
Those... look pretty awful.
Re: TFExpo 2014: August 1st-3rd in Wichita, Kansas with Neil Ross! (1558072)
Posted by OptimalOptimus2 on March 17th, 2014 @ 5:06am CDT
I don't know what's gong on, but I do know that these toys need more color than that. >:oP Are these like Action Masters figures, a robot and a weapon with a name in one pack.
Re: TFExpo 2014: August 1st-3rd in Wichita, Kansas with Neil Ross! (1558087)
Posted by mattj972 on March 17th, 2014 @ 8:07am CDT
I thought they are like micron-arms. If so, I think they look pretty cool for that. :BOT:
Re: TFExpo 2014: August 1st-3rd in Wichita, Kansas with Neil Ross! (1558090)
Posted by GuyIncognito on March 17th, 2014 @ 8:14am CDT
They split apart into a whole bunch of weapons with 5 mm pegs! I think they're pretty cool! Check out their website.

Re: TFExpo 2014: August 1st-3rd in Wichita, Kansas with Neil Ross! (1558103)
Posted by Midnight_Fox on March 17th, 2014 @ 9:38am CDT
I kinda want them to go with my standard and KS exclusive versions, but there's no way for me to actually make it to TF Expo.
Re: TFExpo 2014: August 1st-3rd in Wichita, Kansas with Neil Ross! (1558115)
Posted by Stratagem on March 17th, 2014 @ 10:27am CDT
Thanks for the feedback, guys. We're actually using these as a registration incentive, so they'll go to registrants first. And then we'll open them up for purchase at the show. If there are any left when the show is over, we'll put them up for sale on our website at tf-expo.com.
Re: TFExpo 2014: August 1st-3rd in Wichita, Kansas with Neil Ross! (1558123)
Posted by T-Macksimus on March 17th, 2014 @ 11:15am CDT
While Chopp-or strikes me as very uninspired, Carbearator reminds me a lot of Catgut, the partner for ActionMaster Treadshot. Since Treadshot was my favorite out of my ActionMaster collection when I was a kid this means I give this particular figure a "thumbs-up". I'm going to have to check out the web-site and see more of these. I'm liking the concept of the figures being configurable in several different ways and having multiple weapon forms available. While I would say this is something Hasbro should pick up on, I see little kids losing the small parts inside of two heart-beats so this probably wouldn't be a good idea for Hasbro's regular market.
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #90 - Dark Scorponok