TFExpo 2014 Japan Exclusives Nemesis Grimlock, Nemesis Prime, and G1 Color Slug

Transformers News: TFExpo 2014 Japan Exclusives Nemesis Grimlock,  Nemesis Prime,  and G1 Color Slug

Friday, August 15th, 2014 8:35AM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Event News
Posted by: mooncake623   Views: 35,672

Thanks to Photobucket user MASABON1980 we get some in-hand images of the Transformers Expo Japan exclusives Nemesis Grimlock from the voyager AOE Grimlock mold, Nemesis Prime from the voyager Evasion Optimus Prime mold, and G1 Color Slug from the AOE deluke Slug mold! Please check out some of the images we've mirrored below for your viewing pleasures and for the full complement of pictures you can check them out here.

Credit(s): MASABON1980

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: TFExpo 2014 Japan Exclusives Nemesis Grimlock, Nemesis Prime, and G1 Color Slug (1599550)
Posted by MenaceRX on August 15th, 2014 @ 9:32am CDT
I really would like to have a Nemesis Prime version of the Evasion Prime, but not $100 want. It's sad that a $20 voyager with a color change in plastic from Red/Blue to Black and basic gray with around 3 additional paint apps warrants multiplying the price 5 times. So unless he goes for less much later on he will forever be window shopping to me and I am sure several others.
Re: TFExpo 2014 Japan Exclusives Nemesis Grimlock, Nemesis Prime, and G1 Color Slug (1599554)
Posted by OptimalOptimus2 on August 15th, 2014 @ 9:37am CDT
Add a little green or teal on Nemesis Grimlock, now you have Trypticon.
Re: TFExpo 2014 Japan Exclusives Nemesis Grimlock, Nemesis Prime, and G1 Color Slug (1599559)
Posted by Shumi Nagaremono on August 15th, 2014 @ 9:52am CDT
Re: TFExpo 2014 Japan Exclusives Nemesis Grimlock, Nemesis Prime, and G1 Color Slug (1599563)
Posted by monstrinhotron on August 15th, 2014 @ 10:07am CDT
Re: TFExpo 2014 Japan Exclusives Nemesis Grimlock, Nemesis Prime, and G1 Color Slug (1599572)
Posted by Shumi Nagaremono on August 15th, 2014 @ 10:39am CDT
monstrinhotron wrote:that is the EMOP i've been waiting for. Sadly it looks like it's going to be an expensive choice. Grimlock still looks like a bouncy, happy bunny-puppy even in menacing black.

He, Grimlock can't help but be adorable.
Re: TFExpo 2014 Japan Exclusives Nemesis Grimlock, Nemesis Prime, and G1 Color Slug (1599578)
Posted by Seibertron on August 15th, 2014 @ 10:53am CDT
Shumi Nagaremono wrote:

He, Grimlock can't help but be adorable.

I like Voyager Grimlock. It's better than the current Leader Class in my opinion.
Re: TFExpo 2014 Japan Exclusives Nemesis Grimlock, Nemesis Prime, and G1 Color Slug (1599583)
Posted by mooncake623 on August 15th, 2014 @ 10:56am CDT
Shumi Nagaremono wrote:I was surprised at how cheap the Nemesis Prime/Grimlock exclusives were. At 5,000 yen each, they were only about 1,000 yen more than the standard versions retailed for.

wow so lucky!! I have my preorders for Nemesis prime here in the US at BBTS for $109... sigh.. :-(
Re: TFExpo 2014 Japan Exclusives Nemesis Grimlock, Nemesis Prime, and G1 Color Slug (1599585)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 15th, 2014 @ 11:01am CDT
I was wondering if this site was going to get its own gallery of this event.

And good gravy, there must be at least one of almost every TF figure ever produced on display in these images! :KREMZEEK:
Re: TFExpo 2014 Japan Exclusives Nemesis Grimlock, Nemesis Prime, and G1 Color Slug (1599588)
Posted by Seibertron on August 15th, 2014 @ 11:04am CDT
mooncake623 wrote:

You're lucky you got a pre-order in. They were sold out before I could place my pre-order. Check out how much these guys are going for on eBay!

Re: TFExpo 2014 Japan Exclusives Nemesis Grimlock, Nemesis Prime, and G1 Color Slug (1599590)
Posted by mooncake623 on August 15th, 2014 @ 11:07am CDT
Seibertron wrote:
mooncake623 wrote:

Re: TFExpo 2014 Japan Exclusives Nemesis Grimlock, Nemesis Prime, and G1 Color Slug (1599593)
Posted by Shumi Nagaremono on August 15th, 2014 @ 11:11am CDT
mooncake623 wrote:

Yeesh. At least you won't have to wait in line for 90 minutes to buy yours. ;)
Re: TFExpo 2014 Japan Exclusives Nemesis Grimlock, Nemesis Prime, and G1 Color Slug (1599594)
Posted by mooncake623 on August 15th, 2014 @ 11:15am CDT
Shumi Nagaremono wrote:
mooncake623 wrote:

Yeesh. At least you won't have to wait in line for 90 minutes to buy yours. ;)

That's true! I hate lines...
Re: TFExpo 2014 Japan Exclusives Nemesis Grimlock, Nemesis Prime, and G1 Color Slug (1599599)
Posted by Shumi Nagaremono on August 15th, 2014 @ 11:24am CDT
mooncake623 wrote:
Shumi Nagaremono wrote:
mooncake623 wrote:

Yeesh. At least you won't have to wait in line for 90 minutes to buy yours. ;)

That's true! I hate lines...

I wasn't even planning on buying Nemesis Prime. I was just going to get the book, a few clear files, and the Funko Bumblebee for my wife. But since I had to wait in line for an hour and a half, I figured I may as well get an actual Transformer, too. ;)
Re: TFExpo 2014 Japan Exclusives Nemesis Grimlock, Nemesis Prime, and G1 Color Slug (1599601)
Posted by Seibertron on August 15th, 2014 @ 11:35am CDT
mooncake623 wrote:Well I guess I don't feel so bad now... Thought this was going to be a case of the Henkei Nemesis Prime from the classics mold where I preorder it for $100 and than you can get it a few months later for like 50ish from ebay.

Here's hoping for the sake of the Seibertron.com galleries that that does happen!
Re: TFExpo 2014 Japan Exclusives Nemesis Grimlock, Nemesis Prime, and G1 Color Slug (1599613)
Posted by grimdragon2001 on August 15th, 2014 @ 12:25pm CDT
kinda want that slug to parts swap the dino and robot heads with the sdcc version
Re: TFExpo 2014 Japan Exclusives Nemesis Grimlock, Nemesis Prime, and G1 Color Slug (1599643)
Posted by Powersa on August 15th, 2014 @ 2:16pm CDT

Yeah I also have a $109 BBTS pre-order for Nemesis Prime. Although I keep thinking whether the TakTom AD-18 is Nemesis Prime, and AD-19 is the G1 deco Wheeljack. If they do get mass release later, they will be $50.
Re: TFExpo 2014 Japan Exclusives Nemesis Grimlock, Nemesis Prime, and G1 Color Slug (1599645)
Posted by mooncake623 on August 15th, 2014 @ 2:24pm CDT
Powersa wrote:Did United Black Optimus fell to 50ish on ebay? I think I got mine from Robot Kingdom for $90 shipped to US. I looked today on ebay, it seems to still fetch $99 or so.

Asking price and what it sold for in auction is two different things.

Re: TFExpo 2014 Japan Exclusives Nemesis Grimlock, Nemesis Prime, and G1 Color Slug (1599646)
Posted by megatronus on August 15th, 2014 @ 2:28pm CDT
Re: TFExpo 2014 Japan Exclusives Nemesis Grimlock, Nemesis Prime, and G1 Color Slug (1599647)
Posted by mooncake623 on August 15th, 2014 @ 2:31pm CDT
megatronus wrote:I suspect AD-18 is a Nemesis Prime, but using the voyager HFTD Prime mold. Most silhouettes make that figure look like a long nosed cab.

sigh... I must buy them all!!!
Re: TFExpo 2014 Japan Exclusives Nemesis Grimlock, Nemesis Prime, and G1 Color Slug (1599648)
Posted by Seibertron on August 15th, 2014 @ 2:34pm CDT
mooncake623 wrote:

Asking price and what it sold for in auction is two different things.

The price is at least $65 to $70 with shipping (price + shipping equals actual price of the item) which makes it right on par price-wise for a $100 item since it is a used collectible that has been opened and is no longer sealed.

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers Animated MEGATRON Leader Class Hasbro - Time Remaining: 3 days 15 hours 56 minutes 22 seconds
TRANSFORMERS Dark of the Moon MECHTECH Human Alliance  BUMBLEBEE & SAM  2133 - Time Remaining: 4 days 19 hours 41 minutes 33 seconds
STAR WARS TRANSFORMERS CROSSOVERS CAD BANE TO CADE BANE'S XANADU BLOOD BRAND NEW - Time Remaining: 3 days 10 hours 12 minutes 20 seconds
TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS BOTCON EXCLUSIVE ARCEE - Time Remaining: 5 days 14 hours 29 minutes 58 seconds
Transformers Animated CYBERTRON MODE MEGATRON Figure 2008 MIB Sealed L@@K! - Time Remaining: 3 days 8 hours 45 minutes 53 seconds
Transformers Botcon 2009 Leozack Unused & Instructions Sealed Leozak - Time Remaining: 3 days 11 hours 1 minute 39 seconds
Transformers Animated STARSCREAM Complete Voyager Class Hasbro - Time Remaining: 3 days 16 hours 2 minutes 7 seconds
Transformers Animated BULKHEAD Complete Voyager Class Hasbro - Time Remaining: 3 days 16 hours 49 minutes 17 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #148 - And Rom The Space Knight
"And Rom The Space Knight"
Posted: Monday, June 27th, 2016