TFExpo 2014 Japan Exclusives Nemesis Grimlock, Nemesis Prime, and G1 Color Slug

Transformers News: TFExpo 2014 Japan Exclusives Nemesis Grimlock,  Nemesis Prime,  and G1 Color Slug

Friday, August 15th, 2014 8:35AM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Event News
Posted by: mooncake623   Views: 36,095

Thanks to Photobucket user MASABON1980 we get some in-hand images of the Transformers Expo Japan exclusives Nemesis Grimlock from the voyager AOE Grimlock mold, Nemesis Prime from the voyager Evasion Optimus Prime mold, and G1 Color Slug from the AOE deluke Slug mold! Please check out some of the images we've mirrored below for your viewing pleasures and for the full complement of pictures you can check them out here.

Credit(s): MASABON1980
Re: TFExpo 2014 Japan Exclusives Nemesis Grimlock, Nemesis Prime, and G1 Color Slug (1599550)
Posted by MenaceRX on August 15th, 2014 @ 9:32am CDT
I really would like to have a Nemesis Prime version of the Evasion Prime, but not $100 want. It's sad that a $20 voyager with a color change in plastic from Red/Blue to Black and basic gray with around 3 additional paint apps warrants multiplying the price 5 times. So unless he goes for less much later on he will forever be window shopping to me and I am sure several others.
Re: TFExpo 2014 Japan Exclusives Nemesis Grimlock, Nemesis Prime, and G1 Color Slug (1599554)
Posted by OptimalOptimus2 on August 15th, 2014 @ 9:37am CDT
Add a little green or teal on Nemesis Grimlock, now you have Trypticon.
Re: TFExpo 2014 Japan Exclusives Nemesis Grimlock, Nemesis Prime, and G1 Color Slug (1599559)
Posted by Shumi Nagaremono on August 15th, 2014 @ 9:52am CDT
Re: TFExpo 2014 Japan Exclusives Nemesis Grimlock, Nemesis Prime, and G1 Color Slug (1599563)
Posted by monstrinhotron on August 15th, 2014 @ 10:07am CDT
Re: TFExpo 2014 Japan Exclusives Nemesis Grimlock, Nemesis Prime, and G1 Color Slug (1599572)
Posted by Shumi Nagaremono on August 15th, 2014 @ 10:39am CDT
monstrinhotron wrote:that is the EMOP i've been waiting for. Sadly it looks like it's going to be an expensive choice. Grimlock still looks like a bouncy, happy bunny-puppy even in menacing black.

He, Grimlock can't help but be adorable.
Re: TFExpo 2014 Japan Exclusives Nemesis Grimlock, Nemesis Prime, and G1 Color Slug (1599578)
Posted by Seibertron on August 15th, 2014 @ 10:53am CDT
Shumi Nagaremono wrote:

He, Grimlock can't help but be adorable.

I like Voyager Grimlock. It's better than the current Leader Class in my opinion.
Re: TFExpo 2014 Japan Exclusives Nemesis Grimlock, Nemesis Prime, and G1 Color Slug (1599583)
Posted by mooncake623 on August 15th, 2014 @ 10:56am CDT
Shumi Nagaremono wrote:I was surprised at how cheap the Nemesis Prime/Grimlock exclusives were. At 5,000 yen each, they were only about 1,000 yen more than the standard versions retailed for.

wow so lucky!! I have my preorders for Nemesis prime here in the US at BBTS for $109... sigh.. :-(
Re: TFExpo 2014 Japan Exclusives Nemesis Grimlock, Nemesis Prime, and G1 Color Slug (1599585)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 15th, 2014 @ 11:01am CDT
I was wondering if this site was going to get its own gallery of this event.

And good gravy, there must be at least one of almost every TF figure ever produced on display in these images! :KREMZEEK:
Re: TFExpo 2014 Japan Exclusives Nemesis Grimlock, Nemesis Prime, and G1 Color Slug (1599588)
Posted by Seibertron on August 15th, 2014 @ 11:04am CDT
mooncake623 wrote:

You're lucky you got a pre-order in. They were sold out before I could place my pre-order. Check out how much these guys are going for on eBay!

Re: TFExpo 2014 Japan Exclusives Nemesis Grimlock, Nemesis Prime, and G1 Color Slug (1599590)
Posted by mooncake623 on August 15th, 2014 @ 11:07am CDT
Seibertron wrote:
mooncake623 wrote:

Re: TFExpo 2014 Japan Exclusives Nemesis Grimlock, Nemesis Prime, and G1 Color Slug (1599593)
Posted by Shumi Nagaremono on August 15th, 2014 @ 11:11am CDT
mooncake623 wrote:

Yeesh. At least you won't have to wait in line for 90 minutes to buy yours. ;)
Re: TFExpo 2014 Japan Exclusives Nemesis Grimlock, Nemesis Prime, and G1 Color Slug (1599594)
Posted by mooncake623 on August 15th, 2014 @ 11:15am CDT
Shumi Nagaremono wrote:
mooncake623 wrote:

Yeesh. At least you won't have to wait in line for 90 minutes to buy yours. ;)

That's true! I hate lines...
Re: TFExpo 2014 Japan Exclusives Nemesis Grimlock, Nemesis Prime, and G1 Color Slug (1599599)
Posted by Shumi Nagaremono on August 15th, 2014 @ 11:24am CDT
mooncake623 wrote:
Shumi Nagaremono wrote:
mooncake623 wrote:

Yeesh. At least you won't have to wait in line for 90 minutes to buy yours. ;)

That's true! I hate lines...

I wasn't even planning on buying Nemesis Prime. I was just going to get the book, a few clear files, and the Funko Bumblebee for my wife. But since I had to wait in line for an hour and a half, I figured I may as well get an actual Transformer, too. ;)
Re: TFExpo 2014 Japan Exclusives Nemesis Grimlock, Nemesis Prime, and G1 Color Slug (1599601)
Posted by Seibertron on August 15th, 2014 @ 11:35am CDT
mooncake623 wrote:Well I guess I don't feel so bad now... Thought this was going to be a case of the Henkei Nemesis Prime from the classics mold where I preorder it for $100 and than you can get it a few months later for like 50ish from ebay.

Here's hoping for the sake of the Seibertron.com galleries that that does happen!
Re: TFExpo 2014 Japan Exclusives Nemesis Grimlock, Nemesis Prime, and G1 Color Slug (1599613)
Posted by grimdragon2001 on August 15th, 2014 @ 12:25pm CDT
kinda want that slug to parts swap the dino and robot heads with the sdcc version
Re: TFExpo 2014 Japan Exclusives Nemesis Grimlock, Nemesis Prime, and G1 Color Slug (1599643)
Posted by Powersa on August 15th, 2014 @ 2:16pm CDT

Yeah I also have a $109 BBTS pre-order for Nemesis Prime. Although I keep thinking whether the TakTom AD-18 is Nemesis Prime, and AD-19 is the G1 deco Wheeljack. If they do get mass release later, they will be $50.
Re: TFExpo 2014 Japan Exclusives Nemesis Grimlock, Nemesis Prime, and G1 Color Slug (1599645)
Posted by mooncake623 on August 15th, 2014 @ 2:24pm CDT
Powersa wrote:Did United Black Optimus fell to 50ish on ebay? I think I got mine from Robot Kingdom for $90 shipped to US. I looked today on ebay, it seems to still fetch $99 or so.

Asking price and what it sold for in auction is two different things.

Re: TFExpo 2014 Japan Exclusives Nemesis Grimlock, Nemesis Prime, and G1 Color Slug (1599646)
Posted by megatronus on August 15th, 2014 @ 2:28pm CDT
Re: TFExpo 2014 Japan Exclusives Nemesis Grimlock, Nemesis Prime, and G1 Color Slug (1599647)
Posted by mooncake623 on August 15th, 2014 @ 2:31pm CDT
megatronus wrote:I suspect AD-18 is a Nemesis Prime, but using the voyager HFTD Prime mold. Most silhouettes make that figure look like a long nosed cab.

sigh... I must buy them all!!!
Re: TFExpo 2014 Japan Exclusives Nemesis Grimlock, Nemesis Prime, and G1 Color Slug (1599648)
Posted by Seibertron on August 15th, 2014 @ 2:34pm CDT
mooncake623 wrote:

Asking price and what it sold for in auction is two different things.

The price is at least $65 to $70 with shipping (price + shipping equals actual price of the item) which makes it right on par price-wise for a $100 item since it is a used collectible that has been opened and is no longer sealed.

Ending Soon On eBay

vintage G1 Transformers RAMHORN 100% Complete w/ tech specs Autobot cassette toy - Time Remaining: 3 days 18 hours 48 minutes 21 seconds
Transformers Botcon 2010 Sharkticon Land Shark Bagged Unused - Time Remaining: 2 days 22 hours 48 minutes 45 seconds
Transformers Botcon 2010 Sharkticon Sea Shark Bagged Unused Water - Time Remaining: 2 days 22 hours 49 minutes 27 seconds
Transformers Beast Wars SILVERBOLT Magnaboss Figure - Time Remaining: 2 days 14 hours 49 minutes 58 seconds
Transformers - Beast Wars - Transmetals Optimus Primal - Light Wear to Figure - Time Remaining: 2 days 14 hours 50 minutes 27 seconds
Transformers Masterpiece Rodimus Prime MP-09 / TRU Offshoot Targetmaster TM gun - Time Remaining: 3 days 4 hours 38 minutes 36 seconds
Transformers Universe BLASTER with Blockrock MISB Block Rock Voyager - Time Remaining: 4 days 8 hours 38 minutes 37 seconds
Transformers Generations COMBINER WARS legends class SKYWARP/RODIMUS  new - Time Remaining: 4 days 7 hours 41 minutes 30 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #159 - Imperfect Specks