TFSource Site Sponsor News - Takara Tomy TG-24 to TG-27

Transformers News: TFSource Site Sponsor News - Takara Tomy TG-24 to TG-27

Monday, July 8th, 2013 5:26AM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Sponsor News
Posted by: Dr Va'al   Views: 18,863

Site sponsor TFSource has let us know that they have some updated product images from Takara, showing the Japanese releases of the Generations figures TG-24 Optimus Prime and Bumblebee, TG-25 Orion Pax and Megatron, TG-26 Bumblebee Goldbug and TG-27 Trailcutter and Hoist! Check out the images below, which are linked to the product pages.

Credit(s): TFSource
Re: TFSource Site Sponsor News - Takara Tomy TG-24 to TG-27 (1501535)
Posted by Henry921 on July 8th, 2013 @ 5:29am CDT
What's with Takara and all these two packs? :???:

Oh, well.
Re: TFSource Site Sponsor News - Takara Tomy TG-24 to TG-27 (1501539)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on July 8th, 2013 @ 6:09am CDT

Henry921 wrote:What's with Takara and all these two packs? :???:

Oh, well.

Easier selling. Note that the Bumblebee is the only single ;)
Re: TFSource Site Sponsor News - Takara Tomy TG-24 to TG-27 (1501552)
Posted by fenrir72 on July 8th, 2013 @ 7:35am CDT
:x shinny!
Re: TFSource Site Sponsor News - Takara Tomy TG-24 to TG-27 (1501554)
Posted by Dr Va'al on July 8th, 2013 @ 7:41am CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:The first TT release of IDW Bumblebee already has a Goldbug-colored head? Color me surprised.

Yeah, especially given the Goldbug remold coming out later. :-?
Re: TFSource Site Sponsor News - Takara Tomy TG-24 to TG-27 (1501556)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on July 8th, 2013 @ 7:52am CDT
Va'al wrote:

Yeah, especially given the Goldbug remold coming out later. :-?

That's the one I'll be spending money on. Goldbug never looked so good :x

Re: TFSource Site Sponsor News - Takara Tomy TG-24 to TG-27 (1501559)
Posted by mooncake623 on July 8th, 2013 @ 8:02am CDT
Re: TFSource Site Sponsor News - Takara Tomy TG-24 to TG-27 (1501590)
Posted by Mindmaster on July 8th, 2013 @ 11:26am CDT
Takara nailed Trailbreaker and Hoist. Spot on!

Could care less about the other two-packs. I'm indifferent whether I get the Legends anyway, and I prefer Orion Pax and Megatron's Hasbro releases since they're within my budget.
Re: TFSource Site Sponsor News - Takara Tomy TG-24 to TG-27 (1501591)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 8th, 2013 @ 11:27am CDT
TFSource's listing for TG-25 is slightly mislabeled. It should say "Orion Pax & Megatronus". :-B

mooncake623 wrote:hmmmm... wondering if the Orion Pax and Megatron two pack is different enough to keep my preorder. Megatron is looking more gray then shinny.
Both are shinier and feature more comic-accurate paint apps... BUT, the Megatron(us) toy has had all of its comic-accurate translucent purple plastic swapped out and replaced with non-accurate translucent red plastic. Orion Pax also has a blue windshield instead of clear.

As for Megs look more gray here, it's due to the lighting.
Re: TFSource Site Sponsor News - Takara Tomy TG-24 to TG-27 (1502076)
Posted by El Duque on July 10th, 2013 @ 8:22am CDT
Chara-Net has posted clearer official images of Takara Tomy's upcoming Transformers Generations TG-26 Bumblebee and TG-17 Hoist and Trailcutter. We've mirrored the images below. Although TG-26 comes with a blue head, it is not the remolded version that was revealed at BotCon for Hasbro's upcoming Generations Goldfire.

Re: TFSource Site Sponsor News - Takara Tomy TG-24 to TG-27 (1502098)
Posted by Rated X on July 10th, 2013 @ 9:13am CDT
Re: TFSource Site Sponsor News - Takara Tomy TG-24 to TG-27 (1502102)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on July 10th, 2013 @ 9:25am CDT
Re: TFSource Site Sponsor News - Takara Tomy TG-24 to TG-27 (1502105)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 10th, 2013 @ 9:37am CDT
Rated X wrote:Is there a real difference ? Can somebody post pics of both Takara and Hasbro Hoist side by side ?
TakaraTomy TG-26 Bumblebee Goldbug:

Hasbro Goldfire:

Hasbro Bumblebee:

Re: TFSource Site Sponsor News - Takara Tomy TG-24 to TG-27 (1502118)
Posted by warzon3 on July 10th, 2013 @ 10:18am CDT
So where is the preorder for Hasbro Hoist?

Why are we getting preorders and pics for the Takara one first, even if it won't be released until later????
Re: TFSource Site Sponsor News - Takara Tomy TG-24 to TG-27 (1502129)
Posted by GuyIncognito on July 10th, 2013 @ 11:51am CDT
I'm starting to think this BB might be my favorite BB of all time.* Based on what I've seen so far, I like it better than movie-verse BB, Animated BB, Prime BB, WFC BB, Generations Legend BB and even Classics BB.

* I can't really compare it to G1 BB; it's not really fair to either one.
Re: TFSource Site Sponsor News - Takara Tomy TG-24 to TG-27 (1502162)
Posted by MasterSoundBlaster on July 10th, 2013 @ 2:48pm CDT
I'm really liking the Takara version of Bumblebee. Although I wish they used a different head sculpt to pull off that Goldbug vibe, he looks weird without the faceplate and visor.

JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Here's a good question for you sticklers to fiction: what are the chances of Goldfire becoming a character separate from Bumblebee, since we're dealing with IDW?

I actually like that idea, seeing how we had Galvatron being a seperate character from Megatron.
Re: TFSource Site Sponsor News - Takara Tomy TG-24 to TG-27 (1502184)
Posted by Mindmaster on July 10th, 2013 @ 3:54pm CDT
Only one I don't like here is Goldbug. Not Goldbug-y enough. >:oP

But the rest of them... damn, wish I had these suckers. I'd love to get my mitts on Hoist and Trailbreaker especially, but with a Deluxe at almost $40, I just can't bring myself to do that to my wallet.
Re: TFSource Site Sponsor News - Takara Tomy TG-24 to TG-27 (1502223)
Posted by Sodan-1 on July 10th, 2013 @ 6:32pm CDT
Woah, OK. I'm going to say Takara's Hoist is a definite improvement with it's more vibrant colours. Trailcutter as well, although sinner that I am, I prefer Hasbro's blue visor.

Goldbee is a definite pass. I'm only interested in that mold as Bumblebee, minus all the gold. But Hasbro's version really is quite pale, cheap looking. I may end up skipping this mold entirely. No big loss.
Re: TFSource Site Sponsor News - Takara Tomy TG-24 to TG-27 (1502225)
Posted by Rated X on July 10th, 2013 @ 6:46pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
TakaraTomy TG-26 Bumblebee Goldbug:

Hasbro Goldfire:

Hasbro Bumblebee:

Re: TFSource Site Sponsor News - Takara Tomy TG-24 to TG-27 (1502229)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 10th, 2013 @ 7:03pm CDT
Rated X wrote:Thanks. But it was actually comparison shots of the 2 Hoists that I wanted to see.
Ah, sorry. Here you go.

Takara TG-17 Hoist

Hasbro Hoist:

Re: TFSource Site Sponsor News - Takara Tomy TG-24 to TG-27 (1502249)
Posted by Stormrider on July 10th, 2013 @ 8:43pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Ah, sorry. Here you go.

Takara TG-17 Hoist

Hasbro Hoist:

I usually prefer Takara's paint jobs but not this time for Hoist. The Yellow and green seem more G1 accurate on Hasbro. Also Hasbro's has the yellow visor.

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers Club Sharttered Glass Cyclonus Brand New - Time Remaining: 3 days 49 minutes 38 seconds
Transformers Club NightBeat Brand New - Time Remaining: 3 days 34 minutes 52 seconds
Transformers Club Airazor Brand New - Time Remaining: 3 days 49 minutes 54 seconds
Transformers Club Astrotrain Brand New - Time Remaining: 2 days 22 hours 50 minutes 9 seconds
Transformers Club Piranacon Brand New - Time Remaining: 3 days 35 minutes 10 seconds
Transformers Premium BUMBLEBEE Deluxe Concept Camaro MOSC Movie VHTF - Time Remaining: 9 days 50 minutes 21 seconds
TRANSFORMERS CLASSIC G1 RID MEGATRON DECEPTICON MISB - Time Remaining: 1 day 15 hours 50 minutes 51 seconds
Transformers TakasaTony Masterpiece C MP-18B Bluestreak KO! V - Time Remaining: 9 days 2 hours 38 minutes 33 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #148 - And Rom The Space Knight
"And Rom The Space Knight"
Posted: Monday, June 27th, 2016