TFSS 1.0 Breakdown Beginning To Ship

Transformers News: TFSS 1.0 Breakdown Beginning To Ship

Saturday, September 21st, 2013 6:25PM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Collector's Club News
Posted by: Mindmaster   Views: 18,724

Those who are foaming at the mouths with anticipation of the shipping of the remaining first run of the Transformers Subscription Service will start checking their mailboxes every day after reading this article! Our friend and Oklahoma City resident Andy Seifried dropped by to let us know the figure came in the mail today! The pair of images he has provided have been mirrored below for your viewing pleasure.

Transformers News: TFSS 1.0 Breakdown Beginning To Ship

Transformers News: TFSS 1.0 Breakdown Beginning To Ship
Credit(s): Andy Seifried
Re: TFSS 1.0 Breakdown Beginning To Ship (1519180)
Posted by Superwheeljack on September 21st, 2013 @ 6:47pm CDT
Wow... I'm really happy I'm not in TFSS....look at that thing.
These last few years' TFSS exclusives have been really bad, excluding the upcoming Chromedome which doesn't look bad at all, but I'm going to have to turn to the after market for him, because i'm not spending 300 dollars a year getting really bad shit like the breakdown, it's just bad. Look at the figure. Blah. I need to save my money for thrilling thirty :D
Re: TFSS 1.0 Breakdown Beginning To Ship (1519184)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 21st, 2013 @ 7:40pm CDT
Hope to see pics of his bio soon. :)
Re: TFSS 1.0 Breakdown Beginning To Ship (1519185)
Posted by Mindmaster on September 21st, 2013 @ 7:41pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Hope to see pics of his bio soon. :)

Same. Frankly, I'm a little surprised our tipper didn't provide a full image of it.
Re: TFSS 1.0 Breakdown Beginning To Ship (1519187)
Posted by DecepticonFinishline on September 21st, 2013 @ 7:52pm CDT
This is actually the figure I signed up for. I hated the block head even when it was on the G2 Breakdown. (Especially on the G2). But. I am happy to have a Neo-G1 Breakdown.
Re: TFSS 1.0 Breakdown Beginning To Ship (1519195)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 21st, 2013 @ 8:51pm CDT
Re: TFSS 1.0 Breakdown Beginning To Ship (1519199)
Posted by Mindmaster on September 21st, 2013 @ 8:59pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:https://twitter.com/pile_of_butts/status/381454411228135425/photo/1/large

OH MY GLOB HE'S FROM THE BLACKTHORNE G1 3D COMICS UNIVERSE!!!!
:KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK:

ALL MY WAAAAAAAAANT!!!! :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay:

Y u do dis, Sabrblade?
Re: TFSS 1.0 Breakdown Beginning To Ship (1519204)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 21st, 2013 @ 9:13pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:Great, now I gotta look that up and learn about something I didn't even know about.

Y u do dis, Sabrblade?

Three 3D comic issues produced in 1987. They weren't anything great, except for the third issue, which was so awesome that the company couldn't handle such awesomeness before the comic's cancellation. 8-} :michaelbay:

Issue 3 gave us the awesome that is known as the Destructons:

Led by the awesomely-named Lord Imperious Delirious:

Re: TFSS 1.0 Breakdown Beginning To Ship (1519205)
Posted by Mindmaster on September 21st, 2013 @ 9:15pm CDT
"Imperious Delirious"

Hello, new username I can use on other places. :lol:
Re: TFSS 1.0 Breakdown Beginning To Ship (1519207)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 21st, 2013 @ 9:30pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:"Imperious Delirious"

Hello, new username I can use on other places. :lol:
That's LORD Imperious Delirious to you, fool! :MR-T: :P

Such insolence shall not go unpunished! DELIRIOUS FIRE!!!

:P
Re: TFSS 1.0 Breakdown Beginning To Ship (1519211)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on September 21st, 2013 @ 10:15pm CDT
That's the only American vintage G1 comic I haven't read. I just never came across it in my early '90s back-issue collecting, and passed it up for $30 at a con. And now the price will probably jump even higher. Slag.

Yet having read the first two, I have to ask, isn't calling those three issues one "continuity" by simple virtue of being from Blackthorne just a tad too generous? If issue 3 is seriously supposed to be set after The Rebirth, it can't have continuity with #1 where Max and Scorp exist as pre-Headmasters. Most baffling of all, issue 2 starts out by claiming it's one of the few Transformers stories set in the past (or something; I don't feel like searching my basement for it tonight), which would seem to imply "pre-Movie" to rationalize Ironhide still being alive, yet Galvatron's present. Ocatane, Razorclaw, Ratbat and Scorponok's presence in the "past" wouldn't be a problem in Marvel continuity (nor Galvatron's if he's time-hoppin), and Scorp's size would be consistent there as well; thing is, he was city-sized like his counterpart in issue 1. Ratbat also went from being "Galvatron's prized pet" in #1 to his his Marvel persona in #2: that is, IIRC, he seems to be leading the Decepticons, or at least part of the ruling troika with Galvy and Razorclaw. The fact that humans are already spread across space in that "past" issue hardly even seems odd, all things considered.

I mean, there's Sunbow continuity issues that most of us just forgive, and then there's Blackthorne, which has simply never been addressed because no one really cares. Was their internal communication so bad that all three writers thought they were going to be doing all three issues themselves? #1 was clearly the beginning of a more-ambitious-but-aborted tale as well.

Not that I'm complaining. Hell, if I was writing these bio's, I'd be sneakily trying to assert continuity with "Space Thunder Kids"...unless they'd give me the ultimate privilege of canonizing "Alignment"...

I guess what I'm saying is, if CHUGGUR-down honestly hails from this entire mess rather than just the Destructons story, we'd better get one guy in the next two subscription rounds who hails from Find-Your-Fate Junior "continuity"; I'm probably the only Transfan who actually has nostalgia-blinders for that series as a whole. Oh, and one from S.T.A.R.S. mail-order continuity, and that UK letter-page continuity where Blaster and other TFs became Action Masters would make sense for Treadshot...is that widely considered the same continuity as "Another Time, Another Place"?
Re: TFSS 1.0 Breakdown Beginning To Ship (1519216)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 21st, 2013 @ 10:27pm CDT
Meh, I just refer to the Blackthorne stuff as one whole merely for simplicity's sake. I know it's not perfect and probably not one universe. But's so minor a comic series that it hardly matters much at all.

If anything, only Issue 3 has ever really mattered (and, thanks to this bio, does so now, once again) to any extent. We can at least say for certain that he hails from Issue 3's world. ;)
Re: TFSS 1.0 Breakdown Beginning To Ship (1519222)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on September 21st, 2013 @ 10:56pm CDT
I guess I'm just trying to come up with a better term than "continuity" for Blackthorne. I've been calling the FYF books "microcontinuity nexuses" on TFWIKI (no one's complained so far), and it seems like there must be some proper descriptive term out there to slap on Blackthorne's...deal. Reading #1 and #2 in early '92 did have a memorable effect on me: Like reading an account of a dream I'd had back in '87 just before or after an early morning of "The Killing Jar" and playing "Yars' Revenge", but suppressed all memory of. I mean, I'm not complaining because reminiscing about this is making different parts of my brain hurt than usual.

Now, I really want to know something from fans in the G.I.Joe FSS: have any of their bios referenced Blackthorne's 3D Joe comics? The first issue of that was really f@#%ed up! Raptor injects Cobra troops with some bird-serum that makes one group commit suicide by trying to fly over a cliff, then gives a platoon the super resilience to keep charging the Joes after being graphically dismembered by gunfire, including one guy who's somehow just a severed head attached to a single hopping leg! Seriously! Look at Blackthorne's covers on TFWIKI, and you'll notice a distinct lack of Comic-Code approval...
Re: TFSS 1.0 Breakdown Beginning To Ship (1519223)
Posted by megatronus on September 21st, 2013 @ 11:05pm CDT
Car Crash has made this obsolete... but if he shows up on eBay for a decent price, I'll pick him up.

Re: TFSS 1.0 Breakdown Beginning To Ship (1519224)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 21st, 2013 @ 11:14pm CDT
megatronus wrote:Can someone remind me what the cost per TFSS 1.0 figure was? Need to gauge whether the inevitable eBay prices are in any way worth it.
Full payment for all six together was $282 plus shipping.

Individual installment payments for two each was $94 plus shipping.
Re: TFSS 1.0 Breakdown Beginning To Ship (1519260)
Posted by robotmel on September 22nd, 2013 @ 5:27am CDT
;)
These are springing up on Ebay via our wonderful China based sellers, loose of course!

If you need one MISB then theres this US based Ebayer too...

I guess the TFCC version features a different head to the CHMS KO version that came out a few years back? :lol:

Edit: Just found this too! :-$

:CON:
Re: TFSS 1.0 Breakdown Beginning To Ship (1519262)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on September 22nd, 2013 @ 5:37am CDT

OH MY GLOB HE'S FROM THE BLACKTHORNE G1 3D COMICS UNIVERSE!!!!
(Kremzeeks contained)

ALL MY WAAAAAAAAANT!!!! (Michael Bay extinguished)

Sabrblade my friend, you never cease to amaze me. It's one thing for the club to go for the really obscure when fiction's concerned, but for you to pick it out as if it was common knowledge, it's simply indefinable :shock:
Re: TFSS 1.0 Breakdown Beginning To Ship (1519274)
Posted by MagnetarPrime on September 22nd, 2013 @ 8:36am CDT
I will take my chances and wait to see if the club store makes him available, for now it seems they are making every TFSS 1.0 figure available in the club store at some point. :grin:
Re: TFSS 1.0 Breakdown Beginning To Ship (1519287)
Posted by Metrosuplex on September 22nd, 2013 @ 9:41am CDT
I love the character but the block head looks out of place on that figure - especially without his Stunticon compatriots. >:oP

Nah, I say skip and go FP on this one. One Stunticon is not > than an entire Menasor (which should be complete by November).

To me, this release is a sad reminder of gestalts that will never come... :sad:

Re: TFSS 1.0 Breakdown Beginning To Ship (1519295)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on September 22nd, 2013 @ 10:18am CDT
Metrosuplex wrote:Sabr, excellent comic snippets! :APPLAUSE: For my money, I'd be much more interested in seeing Destructons (even though this is the first I've heard of them) from FunPub. I mean, go obscure because you can, right? Well, I guess I'm more of a fan of obscure characters than re-release and re-hashes of old characters (unless we're talking new molds from Hasbro, that is).
I was trying to think of any molds in TF history that would make any sense for the Destructons as well. Maybe if Hasbro does, someday, get serious about toys of the Original 13, that would give FunPub something to work with. Granted, I still haven't read this issue either, just a weird hunch.
Re: TFSS 1.0 Breakdown Beginning To Ship (1519297)
Posted by megatronus on September 22nd, 2013 @ 10:23am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Full payment for all six together was $282 plus shipping.

Individual installment payments for two each was $94 plus shipping.

Thanks, as always, Sabr!

So, roughly $47 a figure + shipping (I know; I'm evenly distributing and not weighting for Ultra Mammoth).

I'm now leaning towards picking up Breakdown. As much as FP Car Crash really, really does it for me, the fact is, he'll be in combined mode the vast majority of the time. Even when I had FP Bruticus, and even if I get FOC Bruticus, I'll still have Ultra Class Onslaught on display, so there's precedent for such "doubling" in my collection.

We'll see if he comes down a bit on eBay, or if the Club downs the price to a reasonable level.

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #136 - The Gathering