TFSS 2.0 Chromedome Head Concept Revealed

Transformers News: TFSS 2.0 Chromedome Head Concept Revealed

Monday, August 19th, 2013 11:46AM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Collector's Club News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 19,793

The Official Transformers Collectors' Club has tweeted a the head turnaround art for their TFSS 2.0 Chromedome based on the designs of Nick Roche! The figure will be redeco/retool of the Transformers Prime Robots in Disguise Deluxe Wheeljack mold. Check out the head concept below.

Re: Transformers collectors club previews
Credit(s): TFCC

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: TFSS 2.0 Chromedome Head Concept Revealed (1512773)
Posted by hinomars19 on August 19th, 2013 @ 11:56am CDT
Is it silly that no matter how cool this will undoubtedly look I won't want it because he won't transform the same way as his G1 self? (car front to chest etc.)

Am I too OCD for Chromedome? :shock:
Re: TFSS 2.0 Chromedome Head Concept Revealed (1512774)
Posted by gothsaurus on August 19th, 2013 @ 12:01pm CDT
Yeah, it's funny how it bothers us when the Transformation is vastly different or backwards. (Classics Ironhide, for instance.)
Re: TFSS 2.0 Chromedome Head Concept Revealed (1512775)
Posted by gothsaurus on August 19th, 2013 @ 12:05pm CDT

*Clears spot next to IDW Bumblebee and Orion Pax*
Re: TFSS 2.0 Chromedome Head Concept Revealed (1512778)
Posted by hinomars19 on August 19th, 2013 @ 12:46pm CDT
gothsaurus wrote:Still. Head sculpt does look really good — and 100% IDW. Makes it really obvious which shelf that dude is going on.

*Clears spot next to IDW Bumblebee and Orion Pax*

Yeah, looks good in concept, here's hoping the sculpt comes out the same. Looks like it matches the Prime style too, which is good for the body. I know I'm gonna want this when I see it...
Re: TFSS 2.0 Chromedome Head Concept Revealed (1512781)
Posted by gothsaurus on August 19th, 2013 @ 12:51pm CDT
Very true. All things considered, it could display well with the IDW Classics, Prime, or even Animated in a pinch. Depending on what you collect, it can find a home.
Re: TFSS 2.0 Chromedome Head Concept Revealed (1512785)
Posted by TFStopMotions123 on August 19th, 2013 @ 12:57pm CDT
This is probably going to sound very stupid (coming fr someone who has never made a subscription to tfcc) But this will be the 2014 Exclusive, correct?
Re: TFSS 2.0 Chromedome Head Concept Revealed (1512787)
Posted by gothsaurus on August 19th, 2013 @ 1:04pm CDT
This should be one of the now seven subscription bots for 2014. The member exclusive is Rampage.

(Correct me if I'm off.)
Re: TFSS 2.0 Chromedome Head Concept Revealed (1512788)
Posted by gothsaurus on August 19th, 2013 @ 1:05pm CDT

(Correct me if I'm off.)
Re: TFSS 2.0 Chromedome Head Concept Revealed (1512794)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on August 19th, 2013 @ 1:17pm CDT
We're getting a total of 9 Club figures this year. The rundown:

Annual Free Figure
Protoform X aka Rampage (made from Prime: First Edition Megatron)

Club Store Figure
Transmutate (made from Prime: First Edition Arcee)

Subscription Service 2.0
Treadshot (made from Generations Warpath)
Chromedome (made from Prime Wheeljack)
Fisitron aka Ironfist (made from Generations Roadbuster)
3 more unannounced figures (2 Deluxes and a Scout) + a 7th Bonus Figure.
Re: TFSS 2.0 Chromedome Head Concept Revealed (1512812)
Posted by Luscanun on August 19th, 2013 @ 2:44pm CDT
El Duque wrote:The Official Transformers Collectors' Club has tweeted a the head turnaround art for their TFSS 2.0 Chromedome! The figure will be redeco/retool of the Transformers Prime Robots in Disguise Deluxe Wheeljack mold. Check out the head concept below.

So... which one of you talented folks is going to get this going on Shapeways...? I hear that PRID Wheeljacks is available at Five Below...
Re: TFSS 2.0 Chromedome Head Concept Revealed (1512817)
Posted by JRFitzpatrick7 on August 19th, 2013 @ 3:05pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:We're getting a total of 9 Club figures this year. The rundown:

Annual Free Figure
Protoform X aka Rampage (made from Prime: First Edition Megatron)

Club Store Figure
Transmutate (made from Prime: First Edition Arcee)

Subscription Service 2.0
Treadshot (made from Generations Warpath)
Chromedome (made from Prime Wheeljack)
Fisitron aka Ironfist (made from Generations Roadbuster)
3 more unannounced figures (2 Deluxes and a Scout) + a 7th Bonus Figure.

my god...

Re: TFSS 2.0 Chromedome Head Concept Revealed (1512825)
Posted by The Variable on August 19th, 2013 @ 3:29pm CDT
Makes me wish I could afford to subscribe for that set.

But I wonder...

How would people react if Hasbro did a new Headmaster Chromedome-- and made Rewind his Headmaster partner?
Re: TFSS 2.0 Chromedome Head Concept Revealed (1512826)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on August 19th, 2013 @ 3:34pm CDT
The Variable wrote:Makes me wish I could afford to subscribe for that set.

But I wonder...

STYLOR NOT REWIND 8-}
Re: TFSS 2.0 Chromedome Head Concept Revealed (1512837)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 19th, 2013 @ 4:21pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
The Variable wrote:Makes me wish I could afford to subscribe for that set.

But I wonder...

STYLORR NOT RIWYND 8-}
Fixed. ;)
Re: TFSS 2.0 Chromedome Head Concept Revealed (1512854)
Posted by T-Macksimus on August 19th, 2013 @ 5:05pm CDT
The Variable wrote:Makes me wish I could afford to subscribe for that set.

But I wonder...

I don't think we have enough folks out there following the IDW books well enough to make the connection so we're likely to have a lot of people having a "WTF?" moment if they were to see those two paired up.
Plus there's the folks like myself (old timers) that are quite loyal to the original pairings. Chromedome was my first Headmaster figure back in the day so I'm totally on-board with the people wanting his transformation style (and partnering) to stay the same even though I absolutely love the story-line pairing him with Rewind in the new books.

Honestly, they could tweak stuff a bit here and there and it wouldn't bother me but I am SOOOOO sick and tired of seeing the recycled Prime figures that I'd rather he wasn't made at all instead of being a recycled, slightly re-tooled Prime figure. It's just lazy and insulting in my book and he's just too damn cool a character in the IDW series to get a 5th time around body treatment like all the other figures are getting.

And Sabrblade and JelZe... love what you guys did there. :lol:
Re: TFSS 2.0 Chromedome Head Concept Revealed (1512858)
Posted by Neurie on August 19th, 2013 @ 5:55pm CDT
Will look great with the Rewind, Treadshot and Fisitron figures.

Hopefully the other 3 figures will be as interesting.
Re: TFSS 2.0 Chromedome Head Concept Revealed (1512883)
Posted by TulioDude on August 19th, 2013 @ 7:41pm CDT
His head looks cool.It will match alongisde his body.
Re: TFSS 2.0 Chromedome Head Concept Revealed (1512886)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 19th, 2013 @ 8:28pm CDT
Hey guys, what do you get when you put a head drawn by Nick Roche on a different body that's also drawn by Nick Roche, and is completely on topic?

You get this, which is all kinds of awesomeness:

NOTE: Not official.

The body is a fan-recolor of this illustration taken from this book.
Re: TFSS 2.0 Chromedome Head Concept Revealed (1512891)
Posted by Poyguimogul on August 19th, 2013 @ 10:12pm CDT
the art + head is so f'perfect I cannot tell you man....
Re: TFSS 2.0 Chromedome Head Concept Revealed (1512892)
Posted by Heckfire on August 19th, 2013 @ 10:21pm CDT
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFine. Dammit, I wasn't planning on continuing the subscription service, but dammit, I WANT that Chromedome and I KNOW the bastard will sell out in hours like Punch and Over-Run did otherwise (and yes, dammit, that mystery seventh figure is tantalizing me like a cat toy).

GO AHEAD, TAKE MY DAMN MONEY YOU HEARTLESS BASTARDS!

Ending Soon On eBay

Megatron Ultra Magnus Leader Command Optimus Prime Animated Transformers Hasbro - Time Remaining: 25 days 3 hours 48 minutes 14 seconds
Transformers movie deluxe class Allspark Power Autobot Stealth Bumblebee 2007new - Time Remaining: 3 days 22 hours 4 minutes 21 seconds
Transformers Masterpiece MP-08 Grimlock KO Big Ver Enlarged Primary Color - Time Remaining: 4 days 49 minutes 38 seconds
Hasbro Transformers Generations classics Deluxe Blurr near-mint loose - Time Remaining: 5 days 3 hours 19 minutes 51 seconds
Transformers Universe Acid Storm Classics Complete - Time Remaining: 4 days 23 hours 6 minutes 8 seconds
Transformers Bruticus + Perfect Effect PC-09 + Shockwave + Comics Combiner Wars  - Time Remaining: 5 days 22 hours 22 minutes 31 seconds
Transformers Botcon 2013 Machine Wars Megaplex - Time Remaining: 17 days 15 hours 40 minutes 16 seconds
Transformers: Age of Extinction - Stinger Pop! Vinyl Figure - Time Remaining: 5 days 16 hours 11 minutes 16 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #149 - Titans Arrive