TFSS 2.0 Chromedome, Threadshot, & Rewind Tech Spec

Transformers News: TFSS 2.0 Chromedome, Threadshot, & Rewind Tech Spec

Thursday, October 17th, 2013 3:48PM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Collector's Club News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 22,742

The official Transformers facebook page has posted a teaser look at the back story for TFSS 2.0's Chromedome, Rewind, and Threadshot (aka the Intelligence and Notable Surreptitous Information Recovery Team) in the form of an old school Transformers Tech Spec. The text is very small but somewhat decipherable. Check it out below, and don't forget the ordering deadline for TFSS 2.0 is tonight at midnight. Click here to order.

Transformers News: Re: TFSS 1.0 Ultra Mammoth Shipping Soon - TFSS 2.0 Deadline Approaches
Credit(s): TFCC
Re: TFSS 2.0 Chromedome, Threadshot, & Rewind Tech Spec (1524491)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 17th, 2013 @ 6:00pm CDT
Rated X wrote:I wonder if the 7th bonus figure will be Eject ? If it turns out to be the red seeker, Ill just get it on e-bay and pay more but still save. Hopefully some factory worker spills the beans early. ;)
It's the same mold as one of the main six.

The latest magazine cover, which was news'd here, kinda very clearly implies that it's gonna be the same mold as Rewind, making many think that it might be Eject.

But, with this being the TCC, Eject might be too obvious, and so it could very possibly be Solarbot instead. ;)

But, no way would it be the red Seeker, Red Wing. He was conceived far too late in the game to be made into a toy for 2014's subscription service, as all of these toys were already picked out by this year's BotCon, and Red Wing wasn't given an identity until after BotCon.
Re: TFSS 2.0 Chromedome, Threadshot, & Rewind Tech Spec (1524492)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 17th, 2013 @ 6:03pm CDT
Bounti76 wrote:Did you read the article? It said in the second paragraph that these are rough drafts of 5 of the TFSS figures. Treadshot obviously is the 6th they didn't or don't have a rough rendering of.
I did read it, and saw that it said "5 of the TFSS 2.0 characters", but that still doesn't explain why they only have five shown instead of all six.
Re: TFSS 2.0 Chromedome, Threadshot, & Rewind Tech Spec (1524512)
Posted by MGrotusque on October 17th, 2013 @ 9:37pm CDT
"Intelligence and notable surreptitious information". I like that. Has a nice ring to it.
Re: TFSS 2.0 Chromedome, Threadshot, & Rewind Tech Spec (1524513)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 17th, 2013 @ 9:47pm CDT
Wait...

"Intelligence and Notable Surreptitious Information Recovery Team"

"INSIRT"?

Also, there's a bigger version here - https://twitter.com/RID_NightViper/status/390941176242503680/photo/1

Full Size
Re: TFSS 2.0 Chromedome, Threadshot, & Rewind Tech Spec (1524515)
Posted by MGrotusque on October 17th, 2013 @ 9:54pm CDT
It's a great bio and a cool team. I like em. Plus i like the group shot of them in the Tec spec. It gives me a chuckle. Original.
Re: TFSS 2.0 Chromedome, Threadshot, & Rewind Tech Spec (1524523)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 17th, 2013 @ 10:50pm CDT
Only ten minutes left till the deadline.
Re: TFSS 2.0 Chromedome, Threadshot, & Rewind Tech Spec (1524524)
Posted by xyl360 on October 17th, 2013 @ 10:55pm CDT
Hey Funpub, here's an idea for you that will be easy to pull off. Do more Seekers but rather than beating the Classics mold to death, try something new:

I've often pondered doing this myself. I already repainted the original Waspinator mold (using Buzzsaw) red to make a new character I call "Red Wasp" but with the "jet" mode the Transmetal mold sports, doing some weird Beast universe Seekers should be very simple.
Re: TFSS 2.0 Chromedome, Threadshot, & Rewind Tech Spec (1524525)
Posted by xyl360 on October 17th, 2013 @ 10:56pm CDT
Rated X wrote:This years subscription set is a bust. I went with BBTS just to get Treadshot and Barricade. I also ordered Thrustinator but I might cancel not sure yet. Going with 3 characters that 3rd parties have either made or are going to make this year was a dumb idea. I guess the "Hasbro only" crowd can rejoice. I wonder if the 7th bonus figure will be Eject ? If it turns out to be the red seeker, Ill just get it on e-bay and pay more but still save. Hopefully some factory worker spills the beans early. ;)

Yep, same as me except I skipped Treadshot (never was a fan of that deco and I know nothing of the character except that he was an Action Master).
Re: TFSS 2.0 Chromedome, Threadshot, & Rewind Tech Spec (1524529)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 17th, 2013 @ 11:07pm CDT
I went for it this year since there were four things in it that I wanted: Thrustinator and the Arms Microns. The rest is all a bonus.

And if the 7th figure turns out to be Solarbot, then this TFSS 2.0 will have been far more worth it. 8)
Re: TFSS 2.0 Chromedome, Threadshot, & Rewind Tech Spec (1524549)
Posted by STngAR on October 18th, 2013 @ 3:22am CDT
Decided to sign up again. The only figure I don't like is fisitron so I figured i would go for this one. I only really signed up for ultra mammoth on the first one.

:MAXIMAL:
Re: TFSS 2.0 Chromedome, Threadshot, & Rewind Tech Spec (1524632)
Posted by ShinkenPrime on October 18th, 2013 @ 2:36pm CDT
Re: TFSS 2.0 Chromedome, Threadshot, & Rewind Tech Spec (1524634)
Posted by GuyIncognito on October 18th, 2013 @ 2:40pm CDT
ShinkenPrime wrote:How much was TFSS 2.0? I was kinda interested but didn't know how much it would set me back.

The deadline has passed already.

They're shooting themselves in the foot by allowing such a short window of opportunity to sign up.
Re: TFSS 2.0 Chromedome, Threadshot, & Rewind Tech Spec (1524656)
Posted by xyl360 on October 18th, 2013 @ 3:34pm CDT
GuyIncognito wrote:

The deadline has passed already.

Agreed 100%. Making the decision to spend that much money isn't taken lightly by most.
Re: TFSS 2.0 Chromedome, Threadshot, & Rewind Tech Spec (1524716)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 18th, 2013 @ 10:59pm CDT
xyl360 wrote:
GuyIncognito wrote:

The deadline has passed already.

Well, last year we had from August 17, 2012 to midnight on September 10, 2013 to sign up for the TFSS 1.0, which was a window of 25 days.

This year, we had from September 26, 2013 to midnight on October 17, 2013 for the TFSS 2.0, which was a window of 22 days, only three days less than last year.
Re: TFSS 2.0 Chromedome, Threadshot, & Rewind Tech Spec (1524924)
Posted by xyl360 on October 20th, 2013 @ 2:00pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
xyl360 wrote:
GuyIncognito wrote:

The deadline has passed already.

Yes, and even 30 days would be too short. Especially since it takes them so long to reveal all of the figures.

They should give us like 3 months AFTER the final reveal to decide whether or not we wish to sign up.
Re: TFSS 2.0 Chromedome, Threadshot, & Rewind Tech Spec (1524931)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 20th, 2013 @ 2:37pm CDT
xyl360 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
xyl360 wrote:
GuyIncognito wrote:

The deadline has passed already.

They need to to have time to get all the orders in and get the toys ready, though. The years are simply too short to stretch these things out so long.
Re: TFSS 2.0 Chromedome, Threadshot, & Rewind Tech Spec (1524971)
Posted by xyl360 on October 20th, 2013 @ 7:20pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
xyl360 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
xyl360 wrote:
GuyIncognito wrote:

The deadline has passed already.

Maybe, but I still think less than a month is cutting it way too close when you're talking about hundreds of dollars for what have been up to this point very mixed sets of figures. I think it's hard for any fan to say they are 100% in or out on either of the sets they've done so deciding whether or not it's worth it to pull the trigger takes time.
Re: TFSS 2.0 Chromedome, Threadshot, & Rewind Tech Spec (1528265)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 6th, 2013 @ 12:20pm CST

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers Animated Sunstorm and Ratchet Target/Zellers Exclusive MISB - Time Remaining: 7 days 21 hours 34 minutes 6 seconds
Transformers Animated Activator Thundercracker MOSC RARE - Time Remaining: 7 days 22 hours 18 minutes 48 seconds
Transformers Universe Onslaught MISB - Time Remaining: 1 day 23 hours 34 minutes 1 second
Transformers 1998 Beast Wars Transmetals Rhinox Maximal - Time Remaining: 1 day 18 hours 22 minutes 43 seconds
Bristleback Monstructor Robot Vintage Hasbro PACKET Stickers G1 Transformers - Time Remaining: 7 days 6 hours 40 minutes 46 seconds
Transformers 2007 Movie Decepticon Overcast Action Figure MOSC New - Time Remaining: 7 days 19 hours 1 minute 22 seconds
Hasbro Transformers Generations 30th IDW Deluxe Class BUMBLEBEE Autobot Figure - Time Remaining: 2 days 17 minutes 6 seconds
TAKARA Transformers Masterpiece MP-32 Beast Wars BW OPTIMUS PRIMAL Convoy figure - Time Remaining: 7 days 7 hours 28 minutes 13 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #160 - Grappling with Memory