TFSS 2.0 Decepticon Barricade Revealed

Transformers News: TFSS 2.0 Decepticon Barricade Revealed

Thursday, August 22nd, 2013 2:24PM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Collector's Club News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 26,695

The Official Transformers Collectors' Club has revealed another figure in next year's TFSS 2.0 line-up, Decepticon Barricade! The figure is a redeco of Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Deluxe Prowl. Check the mock-ups out below.

TFSS 2.0 Decepticon Barricade Revealed

TFSS 2.0 Decepticon Barricade Revealed
Credit(s): TFCC
Re: TFSS 2.0 Decepticon Barricade Revealed (1513377)
Posted by GuyIncognito on August 22nd, 2013 @ 2:33pm CDT
Re: TFSS 2.0 Decepticon Barricade Revealed (1513378)
Posted by Manterax Prime on August 22nd, 2013 @ 2:34pm CDT
Uhhh...yeah.....no. Movie decals don't look good on a Prime fig.

Also, looks nothing like Barricade from the Prime universe.

Come on FunPub, you're slacking.
Re: TFSS 2.0 Decepticon Barricade Revealed (1513380)
Posted by GuyIncognito on August 22nd, 2013 @ 2:36pm CDT
And you know there's no way the production version will have that purple color. I don't think Hasbro is even capable of producing that shade of purple.
Re: TFSS 2.0 Decepticon Barricade Revealed (1513381)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on August 22nd, 2013 @ 2:41pm CDT
And here I thought megaplex was just a fluke in regards to the club using recently released figures.

Also any one notice the smirk, I don't think the original head sculpt head that. Heres hoping thats just the mock up :lol:
Re: TFSS 2.0 Decepticon Barricade Revealed (1513382)
Posted by ILL-Star on August 22nd, 2013 @ 2:44pm CDT
While he is cool, it isn't close enough to his official character model to justify the cost. He'd be bought if this were retail. But a TSS figure? No way. It's a shame as I'm usually a sucker for this stuff, but next years figures aren't looking good.
Re: TFSS 2.0 Decepticon Barricade Revealed (1513383)
Posted by Anonymous. on August 22nd, 2013 @ 2:45pm CDT
The cheating hood has a Decepticon symbol and in alternate mode it doesn't... Zzzz
Re: TFSS 2.0 Decepticon Barricade Revealed (1513388)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on August 22nd, 2013 @ 3:10pm CDT
Yesh, Prowl has barely been released and he already has a planned redeco.

And guys, give the fiction and his backstory the benefit of the doubt. We don't know if he actually is Prime Barricade, or another Barricade that has a Prime-styled body. And how many of you have re-purposed Slipstream as G1, despite her possibly not hailing from that continuity? ;)

Also, some features of the model do match up: the legs, the hips and the chest. The rest, not so much.
Re: TFSS 2.0 Decepticon Barricade Revealed (1513389)
Posted by Mindmaster on August 22nd, 2013 @ 3:25pm CDT

HELLO, GIMME THAT RIGHT NAO
Re: TFSS 2.0 Decepticon Barricade Revealed (1513393)
Posted by dedcat on August 22nd, 2013 @ 3:59pm CDT
They phoned in another overpriced repaint - oh joy.

Slap a familiar name on an already overused mold and charge triple retail. These sub figures are an insult.
Re: TFSS 2.0 Decepticon Barricade Revealed (1513397)
Posted by DEMEXICONZ on August 22nd, 2013 @ 4:14pm CDT
The only thing i like about this guy is the paint job this mold suks for Barricade tho...tell me why the f#%ck couldn't they use PRID VEHICON!!! :BANG_HEAD:
Re: TFSS 2.0 Decepticon Barricade Revealed (1513398)
Posted by Mindmaster on August 22nd, 2013 @ 4:16pm CDT
DEMEXICONZ wrote:...tell me why the f#%ck couldn't they use PRID VEHICON!!! :BANG_HEAD:

Probably because they can't just throw a new head and a light bar on top of the Vehcion mold. >:oP

Honestly, I absolutely adore this guy.
Re: TFSS 2.0 Decepticon Barricade Revealed (1513404)
Posted by Neurie on August 22nd, 2013 @ 4:37pm CDT
Well they did that as an Auto Assembly figure this year using PRID Vehicon to form a Barricade.

Look good too.

Well When they reveal Rewind you may be a bit happier.
Re: TFSS 2.0 Decepticon Barricade Revealed (1513407)
Posted by T-Macksimus on August 22nd, 2013 @ 4:49pm CDT
Pay attention kids! This is how you efficiently and effectively neuter an otherwise totally bad-ass Decepticon character. #-o
Re: TFSS 2.0 Decepticon Barricade Revealed (1513408)
Posted by T-Macksimus on August 22nd, 2013 @ 4:50pm CDT

On a side note...
Can I get a Mod to delete that first post so I don't have a "Double"? I'm getting "general error" messages like mad on here and it won't let me delete the first post. Thanks.
Re: TFSS 2.0 Decepticon Barricade Revealed (1513409)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on August 22nd, 2013 @ 4:53pm CDT
Neurie wrote:Well When they reveal Rewind you may be a bit happier.

Where did you hear Rewind? If it's Chromedome, Rewind being a possible partner was just a silly thought based on nothing. >:oP
Re: TFSS 2.0 Decepticon Barricade Revealed (1513410)
Posted by Mindmaster on August 22nd, 2013 @ 4:55pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Neurie wrote:Well When they reveal Rewind you may be a bit happier.

I could definitely see them doing that though from the Reveal the Shield "Demolition" Rumble mold. But that's just me.

Am I seriously the only person on Seibertron that actually loves the crap out of this Barricade?
Re: TFSS 2.0 Decepticon Barricade Revealed (1513411)
Posted by Rated X on August 22nd, 2013 @ 4:56pm CDT
I dont need this at all. Honestly, if I had any intention of bringing Barricade as a character on my classics shelf, I would just go with the movie toy. I think some of the Prime and Animated molds have potential for classics, but not with those cartoony big jawed heads. I dont see why they cant just put serious looking classics styled heads on the bodies of those molds ?
Re: TFSS 2.0 Decepticon Barricade Revealed (1513415)
Posted by Superwheeljack on August 22nd, 2013 @ 5:18pm CDT
Man he looks awesome
Happy they didn't give him that screwed up head like in Universe
Unfortunately I have other figures that need my wallet, so he's gonna have to be on the wait list

Now doesn't that look bad?
Re: TFSS 2.0 Decepticon Barricade Revealed (1513416)
Posted by Neurie on August 22nd, 2013 @ 5:18pm CDT
I cannot reveal who let what slip, just don't be surprised if it get announced soon
Re: TFSS 2.0 Decepticon Barricade Revealed (1513422)
Posted by RAcast on August 22nd, 2013 @ 5:43pm CDT
Shut up and take my money! :CON:

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #136 - The Gathering