TFSS 2.0 Preview Comic Pages 1 and 2 (of 7) Featuring Rhinox and Heinrad

Transformers News: TFSS 2.0 Preview Comic Pages 1 and 2 (of 7) Featuring Rhinox and Heinrad

Thursday, September 12th, 2013 12:10AM CDT

Categories: Comic Book News, Toy News, Collector's Club News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 20,824

The Official Transformers Collectors' Club has shared the first two pages in their TFSS 2.0 preview comic via their Facebook page! Check out the mirrored preview pages below, which feature Rhinox and Heinrad:

Transformers News: TFSS 2.0 Preview Comic Pages 1 and 2 (of 7)

Transformers News: TFSS 2.0 Preview Comic Pages 1 and 2 (of 7)
Credit(s): TFCC

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: TFSS 2.0 Preview Comic Pages 1 and 2 (of 7) Featuring Rhinox and Heinrad (1517259)
Posted by Metrosuplex on September 12th, 2013 @ 1:11am CDT
HEINRADDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :BOOM: :BOOM: :BOOM:

BEST. TF. EVER. :DANCE:

It would be pretty :SICK: SICK :SICK: if Takara did a Generations version: I'm thinking, let's go FULL ALARM CLOCK! :DANCE: And let's add a "project the time on the ceiling" feature, as pretty much every cheap toy alarm clock has that now. :-?

Well, even if it wasn't a functioning clock, I'd love to see another Tanooki 'Former! :lol: YES! :DANCE: (FunPub, MAKE IT HAPPEN! Ehhh... as long as you don't take some random car and paint it brown, and call THAT Heinrad. Future lame. :SICK: )
Re: TFSS 2.0 Preview Comic Pages 1 and 2 (of 7) Featuring Rhinox and Heinrad (1517270)
Posted by toddstarz on September 12th, 2013 @ 3:14am CDT
which line is the white magnus next to city commander comes from?
Re: TFSS 2.0 Preview Comic Pages 1 and 2 (of 7) Featuring Rhinox and Heinrad (1517273)
Posted by durroth on September 12th, 2013 @ 4:04am CDT

Todd: Not sure, but I think it's SUPPOSED to be knuckles mcjerkface (RID Magnus)
Re: TFSS 2.0 Preview Comic Pages 1 and 2 (of 7) Featuring Rhinox and Heinrad (1517284)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 12th, 2013 @ 6:56am CDT
Is... is this the first official multiversal encounter with the Aligned continuity? :shock:

If so, looks like that's Aligned Ironfist instead of a G1 version.

toddstarz wrote:which line is the white magnus next to city commander comes from?
It might be Robots in Disguise Ultra Magnus (the 2001 guy, not the Prime RID guy).

Though, City Commander isn't in there. Fun Pub wouldn't put a third-party toy design in their comics.

durroth wrote:Not gonna lie, I'll be a bit annoyed if Heinlad is the last TF2.0 figure. Mainly because I'm building my own custom heinlad right now and it looks nothing like the one in that comic, and I want the one in the comic now T.T
Looks like it's just regular old Beast Wars Neo Heinrad with no changes, which Fun Pub wouldn't do, so I don't think Heinrad is a TFSS 2.0 figure (unless he gets a new body from a new toy design).

EDIT: Took me a sec to realize that that isn't the original BWNeo Heinrad mold, so... who knows.
Re: TFSS 2.0 Preview Comic Pages 1 and 2 (of 7) Featuring Rhinox and Heinrad (1517289)
Posted by toddstarz on September 12th, 2013 @ 9:13am CDT
Re: TFSS 2.0 Preview Comic Pages 1 and 2 (of 7) Featuring Rhinox and Heinrad (1517307)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 12th, 2013 @ 10:03am CDT
toddstarz wrote:my bad, I forgot about that. there seem to be another mammoth magnus at the back tight. or inferential?
Yeah, there are definitely two Ultra Mammoths in there. Who knows what universe the other one hails from (or either of them, since they both could also not be the same guy as the Classics/BWSG character). ;)
Re: TFSS 2.0 Preview Comic Pages 1 and 2 (of 7) Featuring Rhinox and Heinrad (1517329)
Posted by Flashwave on September 12th, 2013 @ 11:46am CDT
Re: TFSS 2.0 Preview Comic Pages 1 and 2 (of 7) Featuring Rhinox and Heinrad (1517335)
Posted by Metrosuplex on September 12th, 2013 @ 12:44pm CDT
Flashwave wrote:Ya'll are gonna Hate me, but I bet if someone painted a clock on a generations Wreck Gar and gave him a new head, you'd have the waist up proportions of a transTech Heinlad. And I bet we can count on FunPub to blame his futuresight abilities on television signal radiation and the degredation from it broadcasting across Space and Time...

F*ck me, you're right! :BANG_HEAD: I can see the Wreck-gar body now! :lol: Weeeeeeell, not too bad, right? :roll: As long as they find a way to put a clock on his chest, I'd be down for a Heinrad as part of the TFSS2.0! In fact, I'd buy in just for Heinrad/Heinlad! :DANCE:

But I have doubts about whether or not they could change the chest, and without the clock, it would feel cheap and lame. But the Generations Wreckgar mold is one of my favorite new ones, so I wouldn't mind that alt mode at all! :APPLAUSE:
Re: TFSS 2.0 Preview Comic Pages 1 and 2 (of 7) Featuring Rhinox and Heinrad (1517336)
Posted by TulioDude on September 12th, 2013 @ 12:56pm CDT
Barricade is such a badass. :x
Re: TFSS 2.0 Preview Comic Pages 1 and 2 (of 7) Featuring Rhinox and Heinrad (1517337)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 12th, 2013 @ 12:58pm CDT
Wrecker's upper body is of a different design with different molding details than what we can see of that Heinrad design:

If Fun Pub wanted to use that mold, chances are they would have drawn Heinrad's body exactly as that mold. ;)
Re: TFSS 2.0 Preview Comic Pages 1 and 2 (of 7) Featuring Rhinox and Heinrad (1517341)
Posted by ILL-Star on September 12th, 2013 @ 1:24pm CDT
Re: TFSS 2.0 Preview Comic Pages 1 and 2 (of 7) Featuring Rhinox and Heinrad (1517342)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 12th, 2013 @ 1:30pm CDT
ILL-Star wrote:That Heinrad design actually resembles Generations Sandstorm with those big fans/wheels on his back. His more box shaped head even resembles Sandstorm's.

Sandstorm's got too many more details.
Re: TFSS 2.0 Preview Comic Pages 1 and 2 (of 7) Featuring Rhinox and Heinrad (1517348)
Posted by MGrotusque on September 12th, 2013 @ 2:14pm CDT
I like Heinrad. I also think that he has the oddest/coolest name in transformerdom. There isn't another like it that's for sure.

Make a figure now please.
Re: TFSS 2.0 Preview Comic Pages 1 and 2 (of 7) Featuring Rhinox and Heinrad (1517350)
Posted by Metrosuplex on September 12th, 2013 @ 2:18pm CDT
This is all pretty subjective. I still think the Wreckgar mold is pretty close to what we see. Sandstorm? A) He's a Voyager (and FunPub mentioned they're not doing that), and B) Not really similar at all (wheels are oriented differently in shoulders).
The Heinrad head looks pretty Wreckgar to me (or Junkbot).

Re: TFSS 2.0 Preview Comic Pages 1 and 2 (of 7) Featuring Rhinox and Heinrad (1517355)
Posted by MGrotusque on September 12th, 2013 @ 2:41pm CDT
What does he transform into in this continuity?
Re: TFSS 2.0 Preview Comic Pages 1 and 2 (of 7) Featuring Rhinox and Heinrad (1517365)
Posted by ILL-Star on September 12th, 2013 @ 4:10pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Sandstorm's got too many more details.

I never said it was the Sandstorm design. I simply meant that they share some similarities. I don't have any expectations on Fun Pub making him. However, if they did plan on it in the future, they wouldn't necessarily design his comic appearance based on the mold they plan on keeping a secret for a future reveal.
Metrosuplex wrote: Sandstorm? A) He's a Voyager (and FunPub mentioned they're not doing that)

Wouldn't have to be through the TFSS. It could be Botcon. Besides, I really don't think we'll see him soon if ever.
Re: TFSS 2.0 Preview Comic Pages 1 and 2 (of 7) Featuring Rhinox and Heinrad (1517375)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on September 12th, 2013 @ 5:01pm CDT

*ahem* Nice to see Barricade acting like a cop, even if he is a slightly messed up one. Love the "You have the right to scream for mercy" quote.
Re: TFSS 2.0 Preview Comic Pages 1 and 2 (of 7) Featuring Rhinox and Heinrad (1517380)
Posted by Yweggo on September 12th, 2013 @ 5:33pm CDT
RiD Mags is the only one (whose hand I can see) who doesn't have a Matrix.

Heh heh heh heh heh. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Re: TFSS 2.0 Preview Comic Pages 1 and 2 (of 7) Featuring Rhinox and Heinrad (1517382)
Posted by Metrosuplex on September 12th, 2013 @ 5:38pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Why do all characters have to resemble a toy according to you guys?! Can't FunPub introduce characters without any intention of making toys out of the guy? :???:

Fiction/cartoons/movies = vehicle for selling toys :roll:

As someone who buys toys of said fiction, it's hardly fair to ask why we'd expect Heinrad to get a new toy. :evil: Or maybe some of us just want a new Heinrad toy so much that we neglect little details such as, "not all characters in the fiction get a toy". :lol:
Re: TFSS 2.0 Preview Comic Pages 1 and 2 (of 7) Featuring Rhinox and Heinrad (1517386)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 12th, 2013 @ 5:54pm CDT
Metrosuplex wrote:Sabr, do you have a reference for claiming they would have drawn him MORE like Wreckgar? :-)
How 'bout the simple fact that they would have drawn him to unquestionably resemble an obvious and existing toy design if they wanted to promote a new Heinrad toy?

It's like JelZe said, not every character Fun Pub makes or uses has to be made from a toy design or made into a toy. TransTech Rhinox here, for example, has a design that doesn't use the look of any existing toy mold (though it does take some visual cues from the Cybertron Landmine design, but with plenty of creative liberties to not fully be that design). Nor is it based off a canceled Transtech toy design since there was no Rhinox in the old Transtech toyline plans.

To cite another example, "Dawn of Future's Past" created a pre-Earth design for Terrorsaur that didn't use the design of any existing toy mold design from that time.

Creating new designs for characters that aren't based on toy mold designs is just a common practice for Fun Pub, and IDW practically thrived on non-toy designs for years (until Hasbro decided to turn some of them into toys as of this year). ;)

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #145 - May Mayhem