TFSS 2.0 Scout Class Rewind Revealed

Transformers News: TFSS 2.0 Scout Class Rewind Revealed

Thursday, September 5th, 2013 2:21PM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Collector's Club News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 24,068

The official Transformers Collectors' Club has revealed their fourth TFSS 2.0 figure! The Reveal the Shield Scout Class Frenzy/Rumble mold will finally see a Stateside release as TFSS 2.0 Rewind, with a brand new IDW inspired head sculpt. A great companion figure to their previously revealed TFSS 2.0 Chromedome. Check out the robot mode mock-up below.

TFSS 2.0 Update!

With three reveals down, its time to roll out the final three reveals, all of which feature NEW head sculpts! The first new head sculpt comes courtesy of Nick Roche and was inspired his very popular version of… REWIND! Complete with his head camera, this figure is a must have for any fan, new or old! The base mold for the figure was never released in the U.S. so just another reason why we are excited to offer this figure to TCC members!

Next week we will be featuring a full week of TFSS 2.0 news and reveals! There is far more to the TFSS 2.0 than meets
the eye!

Stay tuned!

Re: TFSS 2.0 Scout class figure revealed

....and here's the tank mode via the TFCC twitter account:

Re: TFSS 2.0 Scout class figure revealed
Credit(s): TFCC
Re: TFSS 2.0 Scout Class Rewind Revealed (1516011)
Posted by El Duque on September 5th, 2013 @ 2:25pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:You say Eject, they say Rewind. I say, we'll be getting both. :lol:

Yeah, my bad. But I figure you're right, I'm betting Eject will be the "bonus" 7th figure.
Re: TFSS 2.0 Scout Class Rewind Revealed (1516017)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on September 5th, 2013 @ 2:41pm CDT
El Duque wrote:

That would be pleasant indeed. Rewind does have a greater presence in the IDW comics (so much the "Did you know...?" template on TFWiki broke), so it makes sense for him to be revealed first. :)
Re: TFSS 2.0 Scout Class Rewind Revealed (1516019)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on September 5th, 2013 @ 2:47pm CDT
kinda lame, I was expecting better, seeing as rewind for united frumble was a little too predictable. Wonder if he and TFSS chromedome are similiar in size :-? Funpub did a great job with the color layout and head though
Re: TFSS 2.0 Scout Class Rewind Revealed (1516024)
Posted by dedcat on September 5th, 2013 @ 3:06pm CDT
Re: TFSS 2.0 Scout Class Rewind Revealed (1516027)
Posted by Flashwave on September 5th, 2013 @ 3:25pm CDT
Cool, but I liked using RW and EJ with their FoC Blaster. I really like the mold though (Yeah yeah, I know they lambasted it on the Podcast and I still couldn't figure out why...) Although since they don't fit in his chest with the other three, This could still work in my favor.

Rewind as a tank though?
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
El Duque wrote:

My hope, but not my expectation.

Rewind broke the Wiki? Cool!

dedcat wrote:Does the overall subscription price come down now that they're squeezing in scout class toys instead of deluxe?
If you're counting shipping in that, *Maybe* FunPub used that for their reason to not run the voyager, although I thought Mammoth would've fit in the box used for Slipstream and Depth Charge, unless tis a weight issue. Far as tool costs go, they're getting one more head out of the run than last time, so Scout+Head=Voyager.
Re: TFSS 2.0 Scout Class Rewind Revealed (1516031)
Posted by Rated X on September 5th, 2013 @ 3:58pm CDT
Meh...

These characters have already seen plenty of love from 3rd parties and even Hasbro (FOC) Id rather get obscure characters. I wont be renewing the subscription. So far I only want Treadshot.
Re: TFSS 2.0 Scout Class Rewind Revealed (1516033)
Posted by zodconvoy on September 5th, 2013 @ 4:28pm CDT
Now this is nice. Way better than the pizza/hockey puck currently on my shelf. Plus, I never did get around to getting Rumble and Frenzy in that mold so win/win.
Re: TFSS 2.0 Scout Class Rewind Revealed (1516034)
Posted by Metrosuplex on September 5th, 2013 @ 4:35pm CDT
:lol:

It's really too bad FunPub can't make a new mold (a la 3rd Party), cause getting stuck with repaints of meh molds... :roll:

This guy turns into a tank, correct me if I'm wrong. #-o
Re: TFSS 2.0 Scout Class Rewind Revealed (1516040)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on September 5th, 2013 @ 4:52pm CDT
yep,

Re: TFSS 2.0 Scout Class Rewind Revealed (1516042)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on September 5th, 2013 @ 5:39pm CDT
El Duque wrote:

I would be shocked, actually, if Eject was not the 7th figure. I wonder if Hasbro will pick up the ball and give us an RTS Rumble/Frenzy two-pack for the Thrilling 30 line in 2014. Or maybe they could fit into the new "Legends" size class? Scout class figures were just about on par (if not a bit larger) than the current Legends class target masters and Cyberverse Commander class figures. Rumble and Frenzy at $10 per figure would be fair in today's market and fit Hasbro's current Legends class price point perfectly.
Re: TFSS 2.0 Scout Class Rewind Revealed (1516044)
Posted by Ebonyleopard on September 5th, 2013 @ 5:47pm CDT
Unless they did an Eject to go along with this Rewind, what would be the point? (Frankly, If they're going to make a modern version of Rewind, it'd have been humorous to see them make him a memory stick).
Re: TFSS 2.0 Scout Class Rewind Revealed (1516045)
Posted by ILL-Star on September 5th, 2013 @ 5:54pm CDT
Just great. They show us three figures that are nothing special and then this. I don't have this mold thanks to stupid Hasbro and now I probably will miss out again thanks to FP's weak TFSS 2.0 line up. Not paying three-hundred something dollars just for one or two scouts. :BANG_HEAD:
Re: TFSS 2.0 Scout Class Rewind Revealed (1516047)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 5th, 2013 @ 5:55pm CDT
I wouldn't think so, since it costs Fun Pub as much for them to release a Scout as it does for them to release a Deluxe.

Ebonyleopard wrote:Unless they did an Eject to go along with this Rewind, what would be the point?
To go with Chromedome? Rewind's become enough of his own character to not need Eject, and he's Chromedome's significant other.
Re: TFSS 2.0 Scout Class Rewind Revealed (1516048)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 5th, 2013 @ 6:14pm CDT
Robot mode on Facebook, Vehicle Mode on Twitter:

Re: TFSS 2.0 Scout Class Rewind Revealed (1516050)
Posted by Ebonyleopard on September 5th, 2013 @ 6:31pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:

I would get the Chromedome connection except, this mode would not really Fit the Wheeljack retool with this retool (I think they would even be similar in size). Heck, Frankly, if they wanted to use some Frumble mode to remake into Eject they could have gone with the Masterpiece Frumble mode. I mean, money wise, these things individually costs as much as something Masterpiece anyway. That and the idea of someone who's been portrayed as being pretty much a living camcorder with little to no combat experience now being represented as a tank feels a bit OOC to me.
Re: TFSS 2.0 Scout Class Rewind Revealed (1516052)
Posted by Mindmaster on September 5th, 2013 @ 6:37pm CDT
Looks nice. I like him. I wish the red had more presence in robot mode.

I already own Generations: Fall of Cybertron Rewind, so really, the only real reason I would get him would be for the mold itself.
Re: TFSS 2.0 Scout Class Rewind Revealed (1516053)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 5th, 2013 @ 6:41pm CDT
Ebonyleopard wrote:Heck, Frankly, if they wanted to use some Frumble mode to remake into Eject they could have gone with the Masterpiece Frumble mode.
The MP is too recent for Fun Pub to use (Hasbro just released it not too long ago).

And, Fun Pub may not have permission to use MP molds.

Ebonyleopard wrote:I mean, money wise, these things individually costs as much as something Masterpiece anyway.
Due to the sheer exclusivity of them.

Ebonyleopard wrote:That and the idea of someone who's been portrayed as being pretty much a living camcorder with little to no combat experience now being represented as a tank feels a bit OOC to me.
I don't like the mold choice for the character either, but I don't see how choosing this mold would make Rewind need Eject to go with him.
Re: TFSS 2.0 Scout Class Rewind Revealed (1516060)
Posted by MGrotusque on September 5th, 2013 @ 7:06pm CDT
Should have been a new mold.
Re: TFSS 2.0 Scout Class Rewind Revealed (1516061)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 5th, 2013 @ 7:10pm CDT
MGrotusque wrote:Should have been a new mold.
Impossible.
Re: TFSS 2.0 Scout Class Rewind Revealed (1516079)
Posted by joevill on September 5th, 2013 @ 9:09pm CDT
Damn! The guys on the last podcast nailed it right on!

Ending Soon On eBay

DHL Hasbro Transformers Platinum Edition Optimus Prime vs  Megatron Classic Set - Time Remaining: 3 days 10 hours 13 minutes 37 seconds
Transformers Rotf DEMOLISHOR Complete Hasbro Voyager Figure - Time Remaining: 1 day 21 hours 6 minutes 43 seconds
New Transformers Lot Sunstreaker Complete Vintage G1 Reissue Sunstreaker in box - Time Remaining: 1 day 22 hours 52 minutes 49 seconds
Transformers Beast Wars Evil Predacon Injector Deluxe Fuzors MOC Sealed New MOSC - Time Remaining: 7 days 23 hours 24 minutes 52 seconds
D0505202 GALVATRON CUSTOM LOOSE FIGURE G1 TRANSFORMERS VINTAGE 100% COMPLETE - Time Remaining: 2 days 1 hour 29 minutes 52 seconds
D0505502 DIRGE JET TRANSFORMERS G1 MIB 100% COMPLETE DECEPTICON - Time Remaining: 2 days 30 minutes 16 seconds
Transformers G1 1987 DECEPTICONS Clones Pounce & Wingspan - Time Remaining: 2 days 2 hours 2 minutes 43 seconds
World Smallest Transformers G1 WST Soundblaster - Time Remaining: 2 days 2 hours 18 minutes 26 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #160 - Grappling with Memory