Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

TFSS 2.0 Scout Class Rewind Revealed

Transformers News: TFSS 2.0 Scout Class Rewind Revealed

Thursday, September 5th, 2013 2:21PM CDT

Categories: Collector's Club News, Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 21,531

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

The official Transformers Collectors' Club has revealed their fourth TFSS 2.0 figure! The Reveal the Shield Scout Class Frenzy/Rumble mold will finally see a Stateside release as TFSS 2.0 Rewind, with a brand new IDW inspired head sculpt. A great companion figure to their previously revealed TFSS 2.0 Chromedome. Check out the robot mode mock-up below.

TFSS 2.0 Update!

With three reveals down, its time to roll out the final three reveals, all of which feature NEW head sculpts! The first new head sculpt comes courtesy of Nick Roche and was inspired his very popular version of… REWIND! Complete with his head camera, this figure is a must have for any fan, new or old! The base mold for the figure was never released in the U.S. so just another reason why we are excited to offer this figure to TCC members!

Next week we will be featuring a full week of TFSS 2.0 news and reveals! There is far more to the TFSS 2.0 than meets
the eye!

Stay tuned!


Re: TFSS 2.0 Scout class figure revealed


....and here's the tank mode via the TFCC twitter account:

Re: TFSS 2.0 Scout class figure revealed
Credit(s): TFCC
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: TFSS 2.0 Scout Class Rewind Revealed (1516011)
Posted by El Duque on September 5th, 2013 @ 2:25pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:You say Eject, they say Rewind. I say, we'll be getting both. :lol:


Yeah, my bad. But I figure you're right, I'm betting Eject will be the "bonus" 7th figure.
Re: TFSS 2.0 Scout Class Rewind Revealed (1516017)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on September 5th, 2013 @ 2:41pm CDT
El Duque wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:You say Eject, they say Rewind. I say, we'll be getting both. :lol:


Yeah, my bad. But I figure you're right, I'm betting Eject will be the "bonus" 7th figure.


That would be pleasant indeed. Rewind does have a greater presence in the IDW comics (so much the "Did you know...?" template on TFWiki broke), so it makes sense for him to be revealed first. :)
Re: TFSS 2.0 Scout Class Rewind Revealed (1516019)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on September 5th, 2013 @ 2:47pm CDT
kinda lame, I was expecting better, seeing as rewind for united frumble was a little too predictable. Wonder if he and TFSS chromedome are similiar in size :-? Funpub did a great job with the color layout and head though
Re: TFSS 2.0 Scout Class Rewind Revealed (1516024)
Posted by dedcat on September 5th, 2013 @ 3:06pm CDT
Does the overall subscription price come down now that they're squeezing in scout class toys instead of deluxe?
Re: TFSS 2.0 Scout Class Rewind Revealed (1516027)
Posted by Flashwave on September 5th, 2013 @ 3:25pm CDT
Cool, but I liked using RW and EJ with their FoC Blaster. I really like the mold though (Yeah yeah, I know they lambasted it on the Podcast and I still couldn't figure out why...) Although since they don't fit in his chest with the other three, This could still work in my favor.

Rewind as a tank though?
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
El Duque wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:You say Eject, they say Rewind. I say, we'll be getting both. :lol:


Yeah, my bad. But I figure you're right, I'm betting Eject will be the "bonus" 7th figure.


That would be pleasant indeed. Rewind does have a greater presence in the IDW comics (so much the "Did you know...?" template on TFWiki broke), so it makes sense for him to be revealed first. :)


My hope, but not my expectation.

Rewind broke the Wiki? Cool!

dedcat wrote:Does the overall subscription price come down now that they're squeezing in scout class toys instead of deluxe?
If you're counting shipping in that, *Maybe* FunPub used that for their reason to not run the voyager, although I thought Mammoth would've fit in the box used for Slipstream and Depth Charge, unless tis a weight issue. Far as tool costs go, they're getting one more head out of the run than last time, so Scout+Head=Voyager.
Re: TFSS 2.0 Scout Class Rewind Revealed (1516031)
Posted by Rated X on September 5th, 2013 @ 3:58pm CDT
Meh...

These characters have already seen plenty of love from 3rd parties and even Hasbro (FOC) Id rather get obscure characters. I wont be renewing the subscription. So far I only want Treadshot.
Re: TFSS 2.0 Scout Class Rewind Revealed (1516033)
Posted by zodconvoy on September 5th, 2013 @ 4:28pm CDT
Now this is nice. Way better than the pizza/hockey puck currently on my shelf. Plus, I never did get around to getting Rumble and Frenzy in that mold so win/win.
Re: TFSS 2.0 Scout Class Rewind Revealed (1516034)
Posted by Metrosuplex on September 5th, 2013 @ 4:35pm CDT
:lol:

It's really too bad FunPub can't make a new mold (a la 3rd Party), cause getting stuck with repaints of meh molds... :roll:

This guy turns into a tank, correct me if I'm wrong. #-o
Re: TFSS 2.0 Scout Class Rewind Revealed (1516040)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on September 5th, 2013 @ 4:52pm CDT
yep,

Image
Re: TFSS 2.0 Scout Class Rewind Revealed (1516042)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on September 5th, 2013 @ 5:39pm CDT
El Duque wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:You say Eject, they say Rewind. I say, we'll be getting both. :lol:


Yeah, my bad. But I figure you're right, I'm betting Eject will be the "bonus" 7th figure.


I would be shocked, actually, if Eject was not the 7th figure. I wonder if Hasbro will pick up the ball and give us an RTS Rumble/Frenzy two-pack for the Thrilling 30 line in 2014. Or maybe they could fit into the new "Legends" size class? Scout class figures were just about on par (if not a bit larger) than the current Legends class target masters and Cyberverse Commander class figures. Rumble and Frenzy at $10 per figure would be fair in today's market and fit Hasbro's current Legends class price point perfectly.
Re: TFSS 2.0 Scout Class Rewind Revealed (1516044)
Posted by Ebonyleopard on September 5th, 2013 @ 5:47pm CDT
Unless they did an Eject to go along with this Rewind, what would be the point? (Frankly, If they're going to make a modern version of Rewind, it'd have been humorous to see them make him a memory stick).
Re: TFSS 2.0 Scout Class Rewind Revealed (1516045)
Posted by ILL-Star on September 5th, 2013 @ 5:54pm CDT
Just great. They show us three figures that are nothing special and then this. I don't have this mold thanks to stupid Hasbro and now I probably will miss out again thanks to FP's weak TFSS 2.0 line up. Not paying three-hundred something dollars just for one or two scouts. :BANG_HEAD:
Re: TFSS 2.0 Scout Class Rewind Revealed (1516047)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 5th, 2013 @ 5:55pm CDT
dedcat wrote:Does the overall subscription price come down now that they're squeezing in scout class toys instead of deluxe?
I wouldn't think so, since it costs Fun Pub as much for them to release a Scout as it does for them to release a Deluxe.

Ebonyleopard wrote:Unless they did an Eject to go along with this Rewind, what would be the point?
To go with Chromedome? Rewind's become enough of his own character to not need Eject, and he's Chromedome's significant other.
Re: TFSS 2.0 Scout Class Rewind Revealed (1516048)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 5th, 2013 @ 6:14pm CDT
Robot mode on Facebook, Vehicle Mode on Twitter:

Image
Re: TFSS 2.0 Scout Class Rewind Revealed (1516050)
Posted by Ebonyleopard on September 5th, 2013 @ 6:31pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
dedcat wrote:Does the overall subscription price come down now that they're squeezing in scout class toys instead of deluxe?
I wouldn't think so, since it costs Fun Pub as much for them to release a Scout as it does for them to release a Deluxe.

Ebonyleopard wrote:Unless they did an Eject to go along with this Rewind, what would be the point?
To go with Chromedome? Rewind's become enough of his own character to not need Eject, and he's Chromedome's significant other.



I would get the Chromedome connection except, this mode would not really Fit the Wheeljack retool with this retool (I think they would even be similar in size). Heck, Frankly, if they wanted to use some Frumble mode to remake into Eject they could have gone with the Masterpiece Frumble mode. I mean, money wise, these things individually costs as much as something Masterpiece anyway. That and the idea of someone who's been portrayed as being pretty much a living camcorder with little to no combat experience now being represented as a tank feels a bit OOC to me.
Re: TFSS 2.0 Scout Class Rewind Revealed (1516052)
Posted by Mindmaster on September 5th, 2013 @ 6:37pm CDT
Looks nice. I like him. I wish the red had more presence in robot mode.

I already own Generations: Fall of Cybertron Rewind, so really, the only real reason I would get him would be for the mold itself.
Re: TFSS 2.0 Scout Class Rewind Revealed (1516053)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 5th, 2013 @ 6:41pm CDT
Ebonyleopard wrote:Heck, Frankly, if they wanted to use some Frumble mode to remake into Eject they could have gone with the Masterpiece Frumble mode.
The MP is too recent for Fun Pub to use (Hasbro just released it not too long ago).

And, Fun Pub may not have permission to use MP molds.

Ebonyleopard wrote:I mean, money wise, these things individually costs as much as something Masterpiece anyway.
Due to the sheer exclusivity of them.

Ebonyleopard wrote:That and the idea of someone who's been portrayed as being pretty much a living camcorder with little to no combat experience now being represented as a tank feels a bit OOC to me.
I don't like the mold choice for the character either, but I don't see how choosing this mold would make Rewind need Eject to go with him.
Re: TFSS 2.0 Scout Class Rewind Revealed (1516060)
Posted by MGrotusque on September 5th, 2013 @ 7:06pm CDT
Should have been a new mold.
Re: TFSS 2.0 Scout Class Rewind Revealed (1516061)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 5th, 2013 @ 7:10pm CDT
MGrotusque wrote:Should have been a new mold.
Impossible.
Re: TFSS 2.0 Scout Class Rewind Revealed (1516079)
Posted by joevill on September 5th, 2013 @ 9:09pm CDT
Damn! The guys on the last podcast nailed it right on!
Re: TFSS 2.0 Scout Class Rewind Revealed (1516090)
Posted by Henry921 on September 5th, 2013 @ 10:31pm CDT
Well, crap. There's the deciding factor.

I was hoping I could just get Chromedome, but now I know I'll be getting the entire service.

The feet don't quite fit but I like this mold a lot more than the Generations legends figure. The high odds of Eject being the 7th bonus fig just make my will erode that much faster.

Very well, FunPub. I have succumbed.
Re: TFSS 2.0 Scout Class Rewind Revealed (1516091)
Posted by Mkall on September 5th, 2013 @ 10:39pm CDT
Looks like I'll just be buying the separate figs that I want this time 'round.
Re: TFSS 2.0 Scout Class Rewind Revealed (1516092)
Posted by Flashwave on September 5th, 2013 @ 10:43pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Ebonyleopard wrote:That and the idea of someone who's been portrayed as being pretty much a living camcorder with little to no combat experience now being represented as a tank feels a bit OOC to me.
I don't like the mold choice for the character either, but I don't see how choosing this mold would make Rewind need Eject to go with him.


Doing double duty with the quotes: The more I look at this, the more I;m thinking about disarming Rewind, and using him more as those camera bots SWAT guys use to see what's in the next room. (Considering... perhaps Bomb Disposal is a bit too crude a pun...)

I certainly agree with you that Rewind is a distinguished character now, but I too find myself expecting an Eject for completeness sake. Its the same reasonign that the first words out of the fandom's mouth in 2006 when we saw TF1 Screamer was "Thundercracker and Skywarp" or why every repaint of Prime Screamer is held up to the light and studied to see if its blue enough or purple enough to pass. In both instances, nether Starscream tries to be G1, nor are they dependent on their respective air forces (at least in the movie...) but we as fans come to expect the repaints because we love them.

Ironic, F unpub is both lambasted for doing nothing but repaints and in the same thread expected to folllow through after one repaint with another. Poor ole' Pete can't win... :lol:

Far as Eject goes, my first thought was that the TFSS line doesn't seem as repaint heavy as say the Botcon sets tend to be, (six molds six chars vs 5 molds 7 characters) but that may be more because of its infancy. The more I think about it, the more I see it likely that FP will do Eject to cover the new mold costs, maybe as #7, or maybe we'll see him in a different release in a Botcon set. I doub :lol: they'll let the tooling slide, its just a matter of when.
Re: TFSS 2.0 Scout Class Rewind Revealed (1516104)
Posted by empyre327 on September 6th, 2013 @ 1:02am CDT
I would LOVE to see another Voyager TFA seeker. . .
Re: TFSS 2.0 Scout Class Rewind Revealed (1516118)
Posted by Banjo-Tron on September 6th, 2013 @ 3:06am CDT
This actually looks OK, but thankfully Perfect Effect got there first, so I can pass on giving TFCC any more of my money. I always thought that mould was pretty cool.
Re: TFSS 2.0 Scout Class Rewind Revealed (1516129)
Posted by ausbot on September 6th, 2013 @ 5:57am CDT
I don't think Eject will be on the list because the TCC said there would be a scout figure and this is it. Though subscription service version 3 or botcon or a club exclusive would not be out of the realms of possibility
Re: TFSS 2.0 Scout Class Rewind Revealed (1516148)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 6th, 2013 @ 7:17am CDT
I can understand wanting Eject for the sake of completeness, but wanting Eject because of some belief that Rewind absolutely HAS to have Eject to go with him is pushing it a little.
Re: TFSS 2.0 Scout Class Rewind Revealed (1516167)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on September 6th, 2013 @ 8:38am CDT
ausbot wrote:I don't think Eject will be on the list because the TCC said there would be a scout figure and this is it. Though subscription service version 3 or botcon or a club exclusive would not be out of the realms of possibility


But, we're also getting a seventh "bonus" figure with the subscription. The bonus figure is likely also scout sized (though I can't recall if that was said explicitly or not). Regardless, it would be very easy for FunPub to simply repaint a mold they're already using. The bonus figure will NOT be available for separate purchase through the club store. I'd bet that's a power play on the TFCC's part to get more full subscriptions sold. If you buy all-in, you can complete your humanoid Autobot casette duo (a very psychologically pleasing notion for completionist collectors ;) ). If you decide to cherry pick the remains from the club store, you're out of luck!
Re: TFSS 2.0 Scout Class Rewind Revealed (1516168)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on September 6th, 2013 @ 8:39am CDT
ausbot wrote:I don't think Eject will be on the list because the TCC said there would be a scout figure and this is it. Though subscription service version 3 or botcon or a club exclusive would not be out of the realms of possibility


You're forgetting the 7th freebie.
Re: TFSS 2.0 Scout Class Rewind Revealed (1516175)
Posted by mooncake623 on September 6th, 2013 @ 9:12am CDT
And I will buy this. Not giving TFCC any money though. I'll get this on EBAY
Re: TFSS 2.0 Scout Class Rewind Revealed (1516181)
Posted by MagnetarPrime on September 6th, 2013 @ 10:04am CDT
To me this is another reason to get TFSS 2.0 So far I like all of the figures and I don't have this figure in the Takara version. any idea on when the pre-orders will be up so they can take my money ?... lol
Re: TFSS 2.0 Scout Class Rewind Revealed (1516187)
Posted by MagnetarPrime on September 6th, 2013 @ 10:33am CDT
El Duque wrote:The official Transformers Collectors' Club has revealed their fourth TFSS 2.0 figure! The Reveal the Shield Scout Class Frenzy/Rumble mold will finally see a Stateside release as TFSS 2.0 Rewind, with a brand new IDW inspired head sculpt. A great companion figure to their previously revealed TFSS 2.0 Chromedome. Check out the robot mode mock-up below.

TFSS 2.0 Update!

With three reveals down, its time to roll out the final three reveals, all of which feature NEW head sculpts! The first new head sculpt comes courtesy of Nick Roche and was inspired his very popular version of… REWIND! Complete with his head camera, this figure is a must have for any fan, new or old! The base mold for the figure was never released in the U.S. so just another reason why we are excited to offer this figure to TCC members!

Next week we will be featuring a full week of TFSS 2.0 news and reveals! There is far more to the TFSS 2.0 than meets
the eye!

Stay tuned!


Image


....and here's the tank mode via the TFCC twitter account:

Image



Just a minute, I have not received this email yet, and this figure is not showed at the TFCC site....maybe they are running behind?
Re: TFSS 2.0 Scout Class Rewind Revealed (1516189)
Posted by MagnetarPrime on September 6th, 2013 @ 10:43am CDT
dedcat wrote:Does the overall subscription price come down now that they're squeezing in scout class toys instead of deluxe?



I would doubt it, according to the TFCC website Q&A for TFSS 2.0 and I quote:

'Q: I noticed that the TFSS 1.0 offered 5 Deluxe's and 1 Voyager. Why does the TFSS 2.0 offer a Scout instead of a Voyager?
A: The cost and logistics of shipping a Voyager did not lend itself well to the TFSS service. So instead of a Voyager, we are now offering a Scout (which was not readily available to U.S. collectors), THREE new head molds as opposed to only two in the 1.0 service and there is now a bonus 7th figure. We think fans will be very excited when they see the full line-up and receive the 7th BONUS figure.' end quote

Most likely will be the same price,,but who knows for sure right?
Re: TFSS 2.0 Scout Class Rewind Revealed (1516197)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 6th, 2013 @ 11:11am CDT
MagnetarPrime wrote:Just a minute, I have not received this email yet, and this figure is not showed at the TFCC site....maybe they are running behind?
There was no email. The info and pics come from the TCC's Facebook and Twitter (as the news posts states).
Re: TFSS 2.0 Scout Class Rewind Revealed (1516221)
Posted by Metrosuplex on September 6th, 2013 @ 12:33pm CDT
SW's SilverHammer wrote:yep,

Image


Well, I love the new gold colors on this latest mold, but.... ehhh.... why is he a tank again? I mean, I get how we no longer have the technology to support tapes... :roll: But they still sell actual records at Target! #-o There has to be SOME people out there who know what a tape is and may still enjoy tapes. Probably not. :-?
Re: TFSS 2.0 Scout Class Rewind Revealed (1516264)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on September 6th, 2013 @ 2:45pm CDT
Image is why
Re: TFSS 2.0 Scout Class Rewind Revealed (1516461)
Posted by kirbenvost on September 7th, 2013 @ 1:18pm CDT
This actually kind of bothers me because Rumble & Frenzy never saw the light of day. Unless we can take this as a sign that Hasbro will finally release them.
Re: TFSS 2.0 Scout Class Rewind Revealed (1516534)
Posted by Metrosuplex on September 7th, 2013 @ 9:57pm CDT
SW's SilverHammer wrote:Image is why


Except this is in agreement with what I said! :BANG_HEAD: Rewind does not need to be a tank, as he had a more unconventional (tape) alt mode (albeit I was referencing the original source: G1 cartoon).

You're saying he has to be a tank to shut up the haters? :???: What haters? The fictitious ones? :lol: In the comic? :HEADHURTS:
Re: TFSS 2.0 Scout Class Rewind Revealed (1516542)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on September 7th, 2013 @ 10:16pm CDT
I didn't say rewind had to be a tank, in fact I disdain of him being a "super space tank". I was just pointing out this joke was probably one of the deciding factors for the club to use the United frumble mold, beside that it had the basic cassette-con/bot aesthetic. :D
Re: TFSS 2.0 Scout Class Rewind Revealed (1517157)
Posted by El Duque on September 11th, 2013 @ 2:23pm CDT
The official Transformers Collectors' Club has tweeted out a render of the new IDW inspired head that will be featured on the TFSS 2.0 Rewind figure. As you can see the in the image mirrored below, the head comes complete with his tiny camera.

Image
Re: TFSS 2.0 Scout Class Rewind Revealed (1517180)
Posted by G1 Legacy on September 11th, 2013 @ 4:58pm CDT
This just in! TFCC has announced that they've reached an agreement with Toys'R Us regarding two of their TFSS molds. Coming late January/early Febuary keep your eyes peeled for an exclusive two pack Chromedome & Rewind repaint with a Cybertronian themed Valentines day card and Mini comic detailing the pairs trip to Hydrus Four. No Action Master bodies for these studs...just fried logic sensors resulting in a torrid love affair. :x :HEADHURTS:

*And if you believe any of this I also have some realestate near New Orleans I'd love to sell you. :KREMZEEK:
Re: TFSS 2.0 Scout Class Rewind Revealed (1517181)
Posted by Dead Metal on September 11th, 2013 @ 5:03pm CDT
G1 Legacy wrote:This just in! TFCC has announced that they've reached an agreement with Toys'R Us regarding two of their TFSS molds. Coming late January/early Febuary keep your eyes peeled for an exclusive two pack Chromedome & Rewind repaint with a Cybertronian themed Valentines day card and Mini comic detailing the pairs trip to Hydrus Four. No Action Master bodies for these studs...just fried logic sensors resulting in a torrid love affair. :x :HEADHURTS:

*And if you believe any of this I also have some realestate near New Orleans I'd love to sell you. :KREMZEEK:

Why fried logic sensors?
Re: TFSS 2.0 Scout Class Rewind Revealed (1517182)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on September 11th, 2013 @ 5:19pm CDT
Dead Metal wrote:
G1 Legacy wrote:This just in! TFCC has announced that they've reached an agreement with Toys'R Us regarding two of their TFSS molds. Coming late January/early Febuary keep your eyes peeled for an exclusive two pack Chromedome & Rewind repaint with a Cybertronian themed Valentines day card and Mini comic detailing the pairs trip to Hydrus Four. No Action Master bodies for these studs...just fried logic sensors resulting in a torrid love affair. :x :HEADHURTS:

*And if you believe any of this I also have some realestate near New Orleans I'd love to sell you. :KREMZEEK:

Why fried logic sensors?


I know right, if they're two loving consenting Transformers, who's to say fried logic sensors are to fault Image
Re: TFSS 2.0 Scout Class Rewind Revealed (1517183)
Posted by Dead Metal on September 11th, 2013 @ 5:23pm CDT
SW's SilverHammer wrote:
Dead Metal wrote:
G1 Legacy wrote:This just in! TFCC has announced that they've reached an agreement with Toys'R Us regarding two of their TFSS molds. Coming late January/early Febuary keep your eyes peeled for an exclusive two pack Chromedome & Rewind repaint with a Cybertronian themed Valentines day card and Mini comic detailing the pairs trip to Hydrus Four. No Action Master bodies for these studs...just fried logic sensors resulting in a torrid love affair. :x :HEADHURTS:

*And if you believe any of this I also have some realestate near New Orleans I'd love to sell you. :KREMZEEK:

Why fried logic sensors?


I know right, if they're two loving consenting Transformers, who's to say fried logic sensors are to fault Image

They're not even gay, in the idw verse Transformers are genderless.
Re: TFSS 2.0 Scout Class Rewind Revealed (1517184)
Posted by G1 Legacy on September 11th, 2013 @ 5:32pm CDT
"Why fried logic sensors?"

Two robots belonging to a mechanical species that doesn't require physical joining or spark melding to reproduce said species. Your right, they weren't created that way...its choice.
And set in a fictional universe to sell toys to an overwhelming market share of adolescent boys, granted this subject was introduced in a comic read mostly by nostalgic adults. Subject matter aside the whole thing seems like a writers attempt at making a contemporary political statement as opposed to a moral plot point of right versus wrong (good vs. evil, autobots vs. decepticons).

Don't overanalyze, it was intended as a poke at Mike, Jon, and the guys regarding the beating of a dead horse in the recent podcast. No political statement here, just S&G's. Emphasis on the "S".

Ejects head sculpt? Cool, like the camera/scanner mount. Won't be picking up this mold on the secondary market...don't like the alt mode.
Re: TFSS 2.0 Scout Class Rewind Revealed (1517189)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on September 11th, 2013 @ 6:24pm CDT
G1 Legacy wrote:Two robots belonging to a mechanical species that doesn't require physical joining or spark melding to reproduce said species. Your right, they weren't created that way...its choice.
And set in a fictional universe to sell toys to an overwhelming market share of adolescent boys, granted this subject was introduced in a comic read mostly by nostalgic adults. Subject matter aside the whole thing seems like a writers attempt at making a contemporary political statement as opposed to a moral plot point of right versus wrong (good vs. evil, autobots vs. decepticons).


Here I thought romances and relationships were to give theses characters, you know, character >:oP
Re: TFSS 2.0 Scout Class Rewind Revealed (1517200)
Posted by F Prime on September 11th, 2013 @ 7:42pm CDT
SW's SilverHammer wrote:
G1 Legacy wrote:Two robots belonging to a mechanical species that doesn't require physical joining or spark melding to reproduce said species. Your right, they weren't created that way...its choice.
And set in a fictional universe to sell toys to an overwhelming market share of adolescent boys, granted this subject was introduced in a comic read mostly by nostalgic adults. Subject matter aside the whole thing seems like a writers attempt at making a contemporary political statement as opposed to a moral plot point of right versus wrong (good vs. evil, autobots vs. decepticons).


Here I thought romances and relationships were to give theses characters, you know, character >:oP


Yup. If Transformers were only allowed to go on about right/wrong and good/evil I would probably stop reading. I appreciate the character development.
Re: TFSS 2.0 Scout Class Rewind Revealed (1517213)
Posted by Ultra Markus on September 11th, 2013 @ 8:49pm CDT
G1 Legacy wrote:"Why fried logic sensors?"

Two robots belonging to a mechanical species that doesn't require physical joining or spark melding to reproduce said species. Your right, they weren't created that way...its choice.
And set in a fictional universe to sell toys to an overwhelming market share of adolescent boys, granted this subject was introduced in a comic read mostly by nostalgic adults. Subject matter aside the whole thing seems like a writers attempt at making a contemporary political statement as opposed to a moral plot point of right versus wrong (good vs. evil, autobots vs. decepticons).

Don't overanalyze, it was intended as a poke at Mike, Jon, and the guys regarding the beating of a dead horse in the recent podcast. No political statement here, just S&G's. Emphasis on the "S".

Ejects head sculpt? Cool, like the camera/scanner mount. Won't be picking up this mold on the secondary market...don't like the alt mode.

i got the joke from the beginning............shame on those who try to turn anything into a pointless politcal debate!
Re: TFSS 2.0 Scout Class Rewind Revealed (1549707)
Posted by ScoutBumblebee on February 11th, 2014 @ 9:35am CST
Via the Transformers Collectors’ Club Twitter page this morning, we were treated to an “80s Rewind:” an image of the Rewind figure, in addition to a picture of TFSS 2.0 Rewind alongside G1 Ramhorn and Steeljaw. Take a look at the images below and click on over to the Energon Pub to share what you think. Rewind will be part of the upcoming Transformers Collectors' Club's Subscription Service 2.0 and will be arriving to subscribers later this year.

Image

Image
Re: TFSS 2.0 Scout Class Rewind Revealed (1549710)
Posted by Seibertron on February 11th, 2014 @ 9:49am CST
It looks good except for the black plastic and gold paint being inverted on his chest. Is there a reason why the chest's cassette hole spots (I don't know what else to call them) are black instead of gold?

Click here to view an additional 13 comments about this topic at the Energon Pub Forums ...