TFSS 2.0 Thrustinator Images

Transformers News: TFSS 2.0 Thrustinator Images

Friday, September 13th, 2013 12:05PM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Collector's Club News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 23,372

Following last night's illustrated reveal of Thrustinator as the 6th figure in TFSS 2.0, we now have mock-ups of the actual figure. As speculated the figure is a retooled Beast Wars 2nd Dirgegun. Check out the images below courtesy of the official Transformers Collectors' Club.

Transformers News: Re: Next TFSS 2.0 Character Revealed: Thrustinator

Transformers News: Re: Next TFSS 2.0 Character Revealed: Thrustinator

Transformers News: Re: Next TFSS 2.0 Character Revealed: Thrustinator
Credit(s): TFCC
Re: TFSS 2.0 Thrustinator Images (1517576)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 13th, 2013 @ 12:10pm CDT
Said it once and I'll say it again:

Re: TFSS 2.0 Thrustinator Images (1517577)
Posted by Mindmaster on September 13th, 2013 @ 12:12pm CDT
Please. Gimme. :x

A little bummed that the right insect eye is yellow, but I can get over it.
Re: TFSS 2.0 Thrustinator Images (1517578)
Posted by Rated X on September 13th, 2013 @ 12:13pm CDT
Money saved. Thanks Funpub. My wallet is already hurting from other purchases.
Re: TFSS 2.0 Thrustinator Images (1517581)
Posted by Metrosuplex on September 13th, 2013 @ 12:18pm CDT
I'm not a huge fan of this particular mold, but I really love the colors. Makes me think "Toxitron", cause he looks pretty toxic.

Now where's the Chromedome pics, FunPub??? It's almost 9/15, and I've yet to see the entire gang!

Is 7th going to be a scout? That would narrow down the possibilities... but I'd be pretty disappointed if it was another Rewind tank. #-o (I really don't care to have matching pairs like that, and would prefer to see HEINRAD! :DANCE: )
Re: TFSS 2.0 Thrustinator Images (1517582)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 13th, 2013 @ 12:18pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:So he's allignedwith the Predacon faction. Would've been neat if they combined the Predacon and Vehicon faction symbols.
I think it would have been cool if Thrustinator were to have sported this insignia:

After all, DoFP Razorclaw's future was post-BM (post-Universe War, even), just as this guy seems to be. ;)
Re: TFSS 2.0 Thrustinator Images (1517583)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 13th, 2013 @ 12:22pm CDT
Metrosuplex wrote:Oh, and is the 7th figure going to remain a mystery till the very end??? :BANG_HEAD: I feel like that will inevitably just disappoint the majority of us, as we'll have higher expectations that will be impossible to fulfill.

More than likely the 7th figure won't be revealed until it comes out after all six of the main figures (unless something gets leaked).

Its size class is also a mystery, but it'll most likely be no larger than a Deluxe, no smaller than a Scout.
Re: TFSS 2.0 Thrustinator Images (1517584)
Posted by Manterax Prime on September 13th, 2013 @ 12:24pm CDT
Thrustinator, you will be mine.
Re: TFSS 2.0 Thrustinator Images (1517585)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 13th, 2013 @ 12:25pm CDT
Bio from the TCC front page:

[quote]Last time, on Beast Machines... Poor Waspinator. Stuck in bikerbot's body. Nobody missed Waspinator. Then, everything changed. Everyone was happy. Except poor Waspinator. No glory. No power. Never gets what he wants. Or does he?

Waspinator has new body! But has to share with bikerbot. But that's ok. Because together, THRUSTINATOR has planzzz! And you all will see them real soon!
[/quote]
Re: TFSS 2.0 Thrustinator Images (1517586)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 13th, 2013 @ 12:27pm CDT
Bio from the TCC front page:

[/quote]
Re: TFSS 2.0 Thrustinator Images (1517589)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on September 13th, 2013 @ 12:34pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Bio from the TCC front page:

[/quote]

So would this mean he's a combination of Thrusts' and Waspinator's personalities? I can imagine him speaking with both voices spliced together :lol:
Re: TFSS 2.0 Thrustinator Images (1517593)
Posted by gothsaurus on September 13th, 2013 @ 12:47pm CDT
Bummed it wasn't other figures shown in the comic...Hauler, Clampdown, Redwing, etc. Maybe they'll show up on the shelf?

That said, for a wild card — and if you HAVE to throw a Beast Wars character into the set — I'm glad it's an obscure Japanese mold. That's cool. Since I have those four, I guess I'm destined to get this one as well... in spite of it looking a bit wild and awkward.

Looks better in bee mode. Picture it with the big laser folder onto the back instead. (that was possible, right?)
Re: TFSS 2.0 Thrustinator Images (1517599)
Posted by g1grimlock on September 13th, 2013 @ 1:10pm CDT
Thrustinator looks amazing and I absolutely cannot wait for to get my hands on him! I'm just a little surprised that he is the fifth toy reveal, I was kind of hoping it would be Redwing but do we really need another seeker mold, plus we really don't know anything about him.
Re: TFSS 2.0 Thrustinator Images (1517600)
Posted by Metrosuplex on September 13th, 2013 @ 1:11pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:it'll most likely be no larger than a Deluxe, no smaller than a Scout.

That was the most unhelpful response ever, Sabr! :APPLAUSE: Wow! I feel like balloons and confetti should be dropping on your head for the achievement! :lol:

I guess I remember the details just fine: FunPub is not doing a Voyager this year (for the TFSS2.0), and they mentioned what they ship depends on overall weight (I believe), and hence why I thought they said somewhere that it would be 2 Scouts instead of one Voyager.

However, the 3 microns might be the extras for the decreased weight of not having a Voyager. :???:

Nonetheless, I can't help but think the 7th will be a Scout, guaranteed, and I'm just not down for a freebie like that - I think it will disappoint.

Actually.... I've got the answer: WEIGHT. I believe the microns ship with their deluxe pairing, so presumably, they do not add much weight (not enough to be considered the "extra" weight). A Voyager weighs more than a deluxe, though, and as it gets shipped on its own, we can assume that at least one shipment would be of "voyager weight". Ergo, the last shipment (with bonus figure) would most likely fit that description.

SOOOOOO... it comes down to what weighs as much as 1 Voyager? 2 Deluxes or 1 Deluxe & 1 Scout. If someone has a scale and wants to check this, that would be grand. Scouts and some deluxes are pretty close in size, so there could be size factors...

My guess is freebie scout, and most likely the second tape/tank pairing to Rewind. :-( Which would be lame. >:oP This is kind of making or breaking my decision to buy.
Re: TFSS 2.0 Thrustinator Images (1517601)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 13th, 2013 @ 1:17pm CDT
Metrosuplex wrote:

Happy to be of service. :o)
Re: TFSS 2.0 Thrustinator Images (1517602)
Posted by GuyIncognito on September 13th, 2013 @ 1:23pm CDT
Re: TFSS 2.0 Thrustinator Images (1517604)
Posted by Metrosuplex on September 13th, 2013 @ 1:30pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Metrosuplex wrote:

Happy to be of service. :o)

Even the sharpest of blades will eventually dull? :lol:

I feel like this site would benefit from more smart-ass responses like yours. :lol:
Re: TFSS 2.0 Thrustinator Images (1517607)
Posted by Mindmaster on September 13th, 2013 @ 1:34pm CDT
GuyIncognito wrote:Are the robot feet supposed to stick out like that in alt mode, or is it mis-transformed in this pic?

The legs appear to be mistransformed in the mock-up image. Like all uses of this mold, they are supposed to be like this:

Re: TFSS 2.0 Thrustinator Images (1517608)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 13th, 2013 @ 1:37pm CDT
They're not quite sticking out, but rather are like the "knees" of the bug legs.

Re: TFSS 2.0 Thrustinator Images (1517611)
Posted by rdrunr89 on September 13th, 2013 @ 1:58pm CDT
Re: TFSS 2.0 Thrustinator Images (1517612)
Posted by Mindmaster on September 13th, 2013 @ 2:05pm CDT
rdrunr89 wrote:I haven't signed my son up for the TFCC yet but I was wondering does anyone know how much the TFSS2.0 costs on top of the normal subscription? Thanks.

Someone please correct me if I'm mistaken, but I believe it's close to $300.

Ending Soon On eBay

Takara Transformers Robot Masters RM-07 Bound Rogue Figure Chogokin Popy G1 DX - Time Remaining: 24 days 14 hours 23 minutes 57 seconds
Takara Transformers Robotmasters RM-09 Psycho-Orb Figure Chogokin Popy G1 DX - Time Remaining: 24 days 14 hours 9 minutes 3 seconds
Triggerbot DOGFIGHT Transformers G1 100% complete 1988 vtg action figure - Time Remaining: 1 day 12 hours 24 minutes 32 seconds
Transformers Prime Beast Hunters LAZERBACK Deluxe Class New Sealed - Time Remaining: 5 days 16 hours 40 minutes
Transformers Dark of the Moon LunarFire Optimus Prime - Time Remaining: 5 days 8 hours 25 minutes 25 seconds
original G1 Transformers METROPLEX PARTS LOT red black cannon sixgun body weapon - Time Remaining: 4 days 10 hours 43 minutes 50 seconds
Takaratomy Transformers Legends LG29 Wheelie & Go Shooter Action Figure - Time Remaining: 6 days 8 hours 30 minutes 2 seconds
Transformers G1 G2 HASBRO 1992 DEFTWING Lightformer Harrier fighter jet European - Time Remaining: 5 days 3 hours 1 minute 23 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #159 - Imperfect Specks