Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Transformers News: TFSS Ultra Mammoth and Slipstream Images

Monday, September 24th, 2012 2:21AM CDT

Categories: Collector's Club News, Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 24,178

Our fellow Transformers enthusiast over on the Allspark managed to get some pictures of TFCC upcoming subscription service figures Ultra Mammoth and Slipstream. Both were on display this weekend at the Cincinnati Comic Expo. Please note these are sample figures, so the final products may vary. Images mirrored below.

Credit(s): The Allspark

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: TFSS Ultra Mammoth and Slipstream Images (1423489)
Posted by CBratetron on September 24th, 2012 @ 2:47am CDT
Wow, Slipstream looks so much more masculine than the initial photos suggested.
Re: TFSS Ultra Mammoth and Slipstream Images (1423491)
Posted by Bounti76 on September 24th, 2012 @ 3:03am CDT
CBratetron wrote:Wow, Slipstream looks so much more masculine than the initial photos suggested.

Yeah, I agree. I'm not thrilled about that. As much as I'm loathe to suggest such a human characteristic for a robot, I think she needs some lipstick (black or purple...maybe even evil red), to look a little more feminine.

The colors are nice- I especially love the metallic teal- but the helmet/head does look a little too masculine. Regardless, she'll have a place in my Decepti-fembot collection with Flamewar, Nightracer, Thunderblast, Airachnid, Howlback, Scylla, Fracture, Blackarachnia, Lyzack, Shadow Striker and Flip Sides.

As for Ultra Mammoth, I'm not a fan of shellformers, so I'll likely keep him in package until I develop a liking for the Beast Wars aesthetic or end up selling it.
Re: TFSS Ultra Mammoth and Slipstream Images (1423504)
Posted by STngAR on September 24th, 2012 @ 5:45am CDT
These teaser pics of Ultra Mammoth need to stop. That mofo needs to be in my mailbox yesterday. :MAXIMAL:
Re: TFSS Ultra Mammoth and Slipstream Images (1423505)
Posted by craggy on September 24th, 2012 @ 5:45am CDT

and she still looks more masculine than Prime Starscream!

these both look pretty good actually.
Re: TFSS Ultra Mammoth and Slipstream Images (1423522)
Posted by freaky777 on September 24th, 2012 @ 7:05am CDT
craggy wrote:

and she still looks more masculine than Prime Starscream!

these both look pretty good actually.

That's so true. I wonder why would Has/Tak get it wrong.
Re: TFSS Ultra Mammoth and Slipstream Images (1423529)
Posted by griftimus prime on September 24th, 2012 @ 7:32am CDT
yep. mammoth is still garbage
Re: TFSS Ultra Mammoth and Slipstream Images (1423531)
Posted by RhA on September 24th, 2012 @ 7:48am CDT
El Duque wrote:Image

*VROOOM VROOM VROOOOOOOM*
Re: TFSS Ultra Mammoth and Slipstream Images (1423534)
Posted by f-primus-unicron on September 24th, 2012 @ 8:15am CDT
slipstream looks amazing
the first edition mold is already too femenine for starscream, so it works like a charm
ultra mammoth looks good but i would have liked better a g1 colored big convoy
Re: TFSS Ultra Mammoth and Slipstream Images (1423552)
Posted by Rated X on September 24th, 2012 @ 9:42am CDT
Fandom First Edition Starscream: Its too feminine !!!

Fandom on TFCC Slipstream: Its too masculine !!!

Make up you minds its the same god damn mold.

It works for me, looks feminine as hell, just not so busty. Like a petite stripper. Goes perfect with classics collections.
Re: TFSS Ultra Mammoth and Slipstream Images (1423554)
Posted by fenrir72 on September 24th, 2012 @ 9:51am CDT
Re: TFSS Ultra Mammoth and Slipstream Images (1423558)
Posted by Flashwave on September 24th, 2012 @ 9:59am CDT
RhA wrote:
El Duque wrote:Image

*VROOOM VROOM VROOOOOOOM*

ROFL! Classic, I love it.
Rated X wrote:Fandom First Edition Starscream: Its too feminine !!!

Fandom on TFCC Slipstream: Its too masculine !!!

Make up you minds its the same god damn mold.

Thank you!

Funny you mention the petite stripper; Mom's boyfriend was watching some movie with some stick-leggeed hooker lokking person with a pistol-grip M16 that's a good analogy for Slip zz

I think for me what bogs down Slipstream, and only the slightest bit, is the chin. Just like Animated, and every kitbash for Slipstream I've ever seen, he shin needn't be quite so long, a little more rounded off perhaps? But that being said, Slipstream is the reason I have withheld getting any of the Prime Starscreams, and I can't wait to get her.

The black side panels on her face kinda remind me of Airachnid's a bit. But Arcee's got them too.
Re: TFSS Ultra Mammoth and Slipstream Images (1423563)
Posted by SkyWarpsGhost on September 24th, 2012 @ 10:09am CDT
What is it with convention displays and mis-transformered Transformers? Her back pack is all wrong!
Re: TFSS Ultra Mammoth and Slipstream Images (1423568)
Posted by RiddlerJ on September 24th, 2012 @ 10:14am CDT
Rated X wrote:Fandom First Edition Starscream: Its too feminine !!!

Fandom on TFCC Slipstream: Its too masculine !!!

Make up you minds its the same god damn mold.

I think it's the chest. It's too broad for a female mold. she needs a smaller chest to put her in proportion with herself.
Re: TFSS Ultra Mammoth and Slipstream Images (1423577)
Posted by Mkall on September 24th, 2012 @ 10:25am CDT
I like both and I'm looking forward to adding them to my soon-to-be-expanded shelves
Re: TFSS Ultra Mammoth and Slipstream Images (1423597)
Posted by noctorro on September 24th, 2012 @ 11:06am CDT
Rated X wrote:Fandom First Edition Starscream: Its too feminine !!!

Fandom on TFCC Slipstream: Its too masculine !!!

Make up you minds its the same god damn mold.

I agree, I must have Slipstream. Going to cost a kidney to ebay it but hell, I got two anyway.
Re: TFSS Ultra Mammoth and Slipstream Images (1423606)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 24th, 2012 @ 11:32am CDT
Slipstream needs darker lips.

Rated X wrote:Goes perfect with classics collections.
Word of warning. This is one of the tallest deluxe molds since Animated Lockdown and Blurr. She's gonna tower over all the Classics Seeker mold toys. ;)
Re: TFSS Ultra Mammoth and Slipstream Images (1423609)
Posted by Flashwave on September 24th, 2012 @ 11:41am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Slipstream needs darker lips.

Rated X wrote:Goes perfect with classics collections.

Eh, Maybe Screamer Likes 'em tall.
Re: TFSS Ultra Mammoth and Slipstream Images (1423610)
Posted by rpetras on September 24th, 2012 @ 11:42am CDT
RiddlerJ wrote:It is possible for something to look too feminine for a male but not feminine enough for a female.

Re: TFSS Ultra Mammoth and Slipstream Images (1423617)
Posted by Manterax Prime on September 24th, 2012 @ 12:06pm CDT
Looks like it's ebay hunting for me to get these.

Ultra Mammoth is cool. However someone on Deviantart had this idea back in 2010, so I'm gonna say Hasbro's getting desperate if they need to resort to stealing ideas that aren't theirs.

As for Slipstream, Perfect! This mold is a perfect fit for her. Definitely gonna track her down.
Re: TFSS Ultra Mammoth and Slipstream Images (1423620)
Posted by skidflap on September 24th, 2012 @ 12:11pm CDT
RhA wrote:
El Duque wrote:Image

*VROOOM VROOM VROOOOOOOM*

:lol:
Re: TFSS Ultra Mammoth and Slipstream Images (1423668)
Posted by Sodan-1 on September 24th, 2012 @ 2:14pm CDT
Slipstream is looking pretty good to be fair. I really like her and would like to get the figure, but it would be for my Classics collection and as Sabrblade said she'd be just a bit too tall.

Ultra Mammoth does look good for what he is, and as much as I love Beast Wars, a lot of the non-Transmetals figures don't do it for me.
Re: TFSS Ultra Mammoth and Slipstream Images (1423692)
Posted by Megatron000 on September 24th, 2012 @ 3:31pm CDT
Ultra Mammoth looks awesome! Liking the chrome/metallic finish on his chest.
Re: TFSS Ultra Mammoth and Slipstream Images (1423706)
Posted by mooncake623 on September 24th, 2012 @ 4:08pm CDT
Glad I did not ordered these... they really don't work for my collection. also happy with my Scourge Perorder =D
Re: TFSS Ultra Mammoth and Slipstream Images (1423840)
Posted by CBratetron on September 25th, 2012 @ 2:42am CDT
fenrir72 wrote:Is Slipstream's head a new mold or just a re-color. The lighting makes it hard to discern.

Definitely a different head. More helmet around the jawline and doesn't have Starscream's forehead spike.