TFSS Ultra Mammoth Promo Art

Transformers News: TFSS Ultra Mammoth Promo Art

Thursday, August 30th, 2012 3:08PM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Collector's Club News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 17,967

The official Transformers facebook page has shared a piece of promo art for TFCC upcoming subscription service figure Ultra Mammoth, an Ultra Magnus redeco of Beast Wars Neo Big Convoy. Click here for more information on TFSS, the deadline to sign up is September 10th.

Already got your hands on all the great Transformers toys at your local store? Maybe the Transformers Collectors Club is for you! Sign up to buy exclusive figures you can't get anywhere else. Check out this exclusive preview of the bio art for Ultra Mammoth, part of the all-new Transformers Figure Subscription Service, available only at www.transformersclub.com!

TFSS Ultra Mammoth Promo Art
Credit(s): Transformers facebook page

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: TFSS Ultra Mammoth Promo Art (1415016)
Posted by RhA on August 30th, 2012 @ 3:13pm CDT
His facemask looks... Off.
Re: TFSS Ultra Mammoth Promo Art (1415022)
Posted by funeralthirst7 on August 30th, 2012 @ 3:22pm CDT
Re: TFSS Ultra Mammoth Promo Art (1415070)
Posted by RAcast on August 30th, 2012 @ 5:40pm CDT
The ultimate fusion of Magnus and a beast mode! All hail Ultra Mammoth!
Re: TFSS Ultra Mammoth Promo Art (1415088)
Posted by griftimus prime on August 30th, 2012 @ 6:15pm CDT
another ugly mess of a repaint from the collectors club
Re: TFSS Ultra Mammoth Promo Art (1415105)
Posted by xyl360 on August 30th, 2012 @ 7:23pm CDT
funeralthirst7 wrote:That is some nice looking artwork. Ultra Mammoth remains the only figure in the bunch that I am interested in.

He's not the only one I'm interested in, but he is by FAR the one I'm looking forward to the most :D!
Re: TFSS Ultra Mammoth Promo Art (1415107)
Posted by Seibertron on August 30th, 2012 @ 7:26pm CDT
xyl360 wrote:

Same here ... I think this was a great idea. I also love the fact that they pulled out a once-Japanese exclusive mold that's about 13 years old for one of these exclusives. Makes you wonder what else they might be able to get their hands on for these exclusives.
Re: TFSS Ultra Mammoth Promo Art (1415110)
Posted by xyl360 on August 30th, 2012 @ 7:31pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:
xyl360 wrote:

Yep, I've been thinking the same. Maybe doing Beast Wars Chinese Zodiac figure sets isn't so improbable at some point after all ;).

It's one of my fav molds and I have every retail version (US and Japanese) including the black Japanese TrU exclusive version. The only ones I lack are the Lucky Draws, which I do not collect (waaaaay too expensive/hard to find).
Re: TFSS Ultra Mammoth Promo Art (1415117)
Posted by Savage on August 30th, 2012 @ 7:58pm CDT
Re: TFSS Ultra Mammoth Promo Art (1415131)
Posted by xyl360 on August 30th, 2012 @ 8:34pm CDT
Savage wrote:I have the original Big Convoy release of this mold, and absolutely love it. Sure, it's one of the more kibble-heavy molds I own, but it has a ton of molded detail that I have always felt made up for the mammoth kibble. This artwork really makes the color scheme pop and totally sells this as a BW style Ultra Magnus. Definitely looking forward to this guy, which leaves Circuit as the only Subscription figure that I have ZERO interest in.

Aside from the occasional articulation issues caused by it, I actually love his kibble. I feel it completes his look. In fact, when in bot mode I always leave the trunk sticking straight up in the air behind his head, and having those tusks (with missile pods) coming out of his shoulders just look awesome.
Re: TFSS Ultra Mammoth Promo Art (1415146)
Posted by Savage on August 30th, 2012 @ 9:33pm CDT
xyl360 wrote:

Oh, I definitely agree that the tusk kibble really completes his look. The main parts that bug me are the mammoth legs, especially the ones on his hips. And I find his gun to be rather excessively huge. Mine can't hold it up any more. Years of weight have loosened the arm joint.
Re: TFSS Ultra Mammoth Promo Art (1415154)
Posted by roBROmanceFTW on August 30th, 2012 @ 10:14pm CDT
Re: TFSS Ultra Mammoth Promo Art (1415156)
Posted by Ronynus Prime on August 30th, 2012 @ 10:29pm CDT
I personally like everything about the figure, and Dan's art is looking really good here. But the color choice for the mammoth fur really bothers me. It's a minor nitpick, but it just seems like they should have used a deep brown (different from the Big Convoy release of course, and maybe even just one solid color) to contrast with the robot parts. Again, I still really enjoy that we have an "official" Magnus analogue (maybe even Magnus himself?) in our Beast Wars canon. Just a nitpick. Screw it, how many screws are holding Big Convoy's fur in place? Maaaaybe I could buy one just to give this guy "proper" fur. Unless of course they give us a mini-comic that proves the Wampa-esque 'snow fur' is as bad ass as it sounds...
Re: TFSS Ultra Mammoth Promo Art (1415224)
Posted by Stockade on August 31st, 2012 @ 7:19am CDT
I really dont know much about the convoy line and dont have any, but this looks badass!
Re: TFSS Ultra Mammoth Promo Art (1415270)
Posted by Seibertron on August 31st, 2012 @ 9:15am CDT

I think this is where my galleries are helpful. I've got a G1 Circuit gallery that I've slowly been working on over the past couple of years. I'll finish it up here now that this character is relevant. Should help get some more people interested in it.
Re: TFSS Ultra Mammoth Promo Art (1415277)
Posted by Flux Convoy on August 31st, 2012 @ 9:34am CDT
Really awesome figure with a great redeco IMO. He's probably my most anticipated for the subscription service figures.
:BOT:
Re: TFSS Ultra Mammoth Promo Art (1415290)
Posted by El Duque on August 31st, 2012 @ 10:15am CDT
The official Transformers Collectors' Club has tweeted an image of the upcoming TFSS figure Ultra Mammoth, a redeco of the Beast Wars Neo Big Convoy mold. They shared the art for his bio card yesterday.

Update: A second image has been added form the TFCC facebook page.

Update 2: Robot mode image courtesy of the TFCC homepage:

Re: TFSS Ultra Mammoth Promo Art (1415307)
Posted by AdamPrime on August 31st, 2012 @ 11:01am CDT
roBROmanceFTW wrote:Anyone ever know why his arms are detailed AND colored differently? I have the Japanese Big Convoy version, but never followed Beast Wars Neo. 8-}

This is a can of worms. ;)

What most people agree on is that he lost one arm in battle (probably against Magmatron) and replaced it with a prosthetic.

As far as I know, it's only vaguely alluded to, and never explicitly shown in the anime or manga.

I love it, it augments the character of Big Convoy and makes his toy pretty unique. I don't know of any other toy that has an event or story element sculpted into it! :P Even the fingers are different on the other arm!
Re: TFSS Ultra Mammoth Promo Art (1415338)
Posted by STngAR on August 31st, 2012 @ 12:02pm CDT
So cannot wait for this to show up in the mail. :MAXIMAL:
Re: TFSS Ultra Mammoth Promo Art (1415344)
Posted by RhA on August 31st, 2012 @ 12:17pm CDT
Re: TFSS Ultra Mammoth Promo Art (1415346)
Posted by Seibertron on August 31st, 2012 @ 12:21pm CDT
RhA wrote:Do the small vehicles still go in the back or did that feature fail to carry over from G1?

Well, you see, now that he's a beast, that feature of Ultra Magnus is a little different ... :HEADHURTS:

Ending Soon On eBay

TRANSFORMERS Combiner Wars Menasor Stunticons BRAKE-NECK Wildrider NEW Sealed - Time Remaining: 3 days 20 hours 9 minutes 51 seconds
TRANSFORMERS Generations RTS Reveal The Shield Voyager GRAPPLE Sealed NEW MOSC! - Time Remaining: 3 days 2 hours 39 minutes 47 seconds
TRANSFORMERS 2007 First Movie Deluxe ARCEE Pink Motorcycle Figure New MOSC! - Time Remaining: 1 day 20 hours 24 minutes 55 seconds
1985 Transformers G1 **RAVAGE** Cassette Tape 100% Complete Tech Specs NEAR MINT - Time Remaining: 2 days 6 hours 56 minutes 4 seconds
Transformers GENERATION ARMADA STARSCREAM Deluxe Class  6 INCH NEW on card - Time Remaining: 1 day 18 hours 12 minutes 5 seconds
Transformers Generations IDW Deluxe Class GOLDFIRE action figure  NEW ON CARD - Time Remaining: 3 days 11 minutes 58 seconds
Transformers Generations IDW Deluxe Class JHIAXUS action figure  NEW ON CARD - Time Remaining: 2 days 23 hours 57 minutes 5 seconds
Transformers Ratchet & Jazz Bust Statue 2007 Hasbro - Time Remaining: 1 day 18 hours 12 minutes 12 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #149 - Titans Arrive