Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

TG-23 Metroplex Promotional Cord / Cable Holder

Transformers News: TG-23 Metroplex Promotional Cord / Cable Holder

Thursday, September 12th, 2013 12:37AM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 15,711

TransformersAsia has revealed the latest Asian retailer promotional item, a cord/cable holder in the shape of Metroplex's head. This will be available in limited supply at select Asian retailer with, you guessed it, TG-23 Metroplex. Check it out below.

Get this special design Cord/Cable holder free when purchase “TG-23 Metroplex" at selected stores in Asia, while supplies Last !

Transformers News: TG-23 Metroplex Promotional Cord/Cable Holder
Credit(s): Transformers Aisa
Re: TG-23 Metroplex Promotional Cord / Cable Holder (1517253)
Posted by Metrosuplex on September 12th, 2013 @ 1:04am CDT
Excuse my ignorance, but... WTF is a cord/cable holder???? :HEADHURTS:
Just sayin', you'd think they'd hit the packaging up with some "suggested use" images... 8-}
Re: TG-23 Metroplex Promotional Cord / Cable Holder (1517261)
Posted by Regimus Prime on September 12th, 2013 @ 1:18am CDT
Re: TG-23 Metroplex Promotional Cord / Cable Holder (1517263)
Posted by Metrosuplex on September 12th, 2013 @ 1:32am CDT
Regimus Prime wrote:They'll sell us anything. Especially if the put "limited" edition or quantities. :-?

My mind goes to "condoms". But more interesting than that, I wonder if they DID have TF Condoms, that were limited editions, how many future babies would there be, simply because collectors just couldn't open that Optimus condom? :lol:

The Decepticon condoms would be empty packages, I think. Lots of Decepticon babies. :lol:
Re: TG-23 Metroplex Promotional Cord / Cable Holder (1517293)
Posted by MagnetarPrime on September 12th, 2013 @ 9:37am CDT
:HEADHURTS:
Re: TG-23 Metroplex Promotional Cord / Cable Holder (1517328)
Posted by Flashwave on September 12th, 2013 @ 11:37am CDT
Metrosuplex wrote:Excuse my ignorance, but... WTF is a cord/cable holder???? :HEADHURTS:

Usually, its a Comb shaped thing that fits either on or under a desk and threads the indidual cords you might be using in your computer setup so that they aren't a huge tangled rats nest and pulling on your mouse does not result in a knot of wires yanking the printer off with the speakers. Or a lot of people will position one or two to keep anything running underneath their desk out of their feet.

And whilke this goes well enough with a Blaster USB hub, Magnus as speakers, and whatever Fort Max's noggin was used for, I really don' see how Metroplex's noggin is "comb shaped" or "useful".
Re: TG-23 Metroplex Promotional Cord / Cable Holder (1517333)
Posted by Metrosuplex on September 12th, 2013 @ 12:29pm CDT
Flashwave wrote:

Thanks for the explanation! So if it goes under your desk... why does it need to be Metro? :HEADHURTS:

I guess it's like others have said: collector's item. Cause this makes no useful sense. I could understand a wallet or some cell-phone charm (not that American phones even have hook openings for the charms), etc.

You know what'd be even better and limited? A METROPLEX MOTORCYCLE HELMET. That would be appropriately epic. :BOWDOWN:
Re: TG-23 Metroplex Promotional Cord / Cable Holder (1517448)
Posted by Flashwave on September 12th, 2013 @ 10:03pm CDT
Metrosuplex wrote:
Flashwave wrote:

Motorcycle helmet=Awesome

Gotta modify my previous explanation though. What I think of as a cord holder is this: Image

or

But as I browse the internet I'm seeing things that look like those slap bracelets and are used to wrap cords with a little more pizzazz than say your average ziptie.

I suspect, going by the red thing coming out of Metroplex's neck, that this is what they are going for. I thought it was a cardboard insert of some kind going into his neck and holding his head in place, but now I'm not so sure.
Re: TG-23 Metroplex Promotional Cord / Cable Holder (1517594)
Posted by mooncake623 on September 13th, 2013 @ 12:49pm CDT