The Dreads To Return In "Age of Extinction"?

Transformers News: The Dreads To Return In "Age of Extinction"?

Sunday, September 29th, 2013 4:46PM CDT

Categories: Live Action Movie News, Rumors
Posted by: Mindmaster   Views: 64,149

Thanks to some Instagram users and other sources, we have several images from the Age of Extinction set that features a black, law enforcement-themed Chevrolet Suburban driving alongside the red Pugani Huayra and the Freightliner Argosy long believed by fans to be either Ultra Magnus, Nemesis Prime, or Stunticon leader Motormaster. Usually, we'd write this off as belonging to human law enforcement, however one detail prevents us doing so: the very same vehicle was used to represent the Decepticon troopers, affectionately called the Dreads for their dreadlocks, in the last Transformers film, Dark of the Moon. Could this mark the return of the Decepticon cannon fodder, or is it just pure coincidence that the vehicle is on the set? Speculate away here in the Seibertron.com forums!

Transformers News: The Dreads To Return In "Age of Extinction"?

Transformers News: The Dreads To Return In "Age of Extinction"?

Transformers News: The Dreads To Return In "Age of Extinction"?
Credit(s): Instagram users "acostaedge" and "adriang1977"
Re: The Dreads To Return In "Age of Extinction"? (1520739)
Posted by BeastProwl on September 30th, 2013 @ 12:50am CDT
I think that they are the steves of the movie-verse, footsoldiers, generic grunts with the same alt modes, etc. Surviving cons from DOTM even? I know the destruction of the spacebridge sucked up all the ships and such, but I doubt all the leftover grunts were accounted for. They're either chasing an autobot, or thats a deception. Make a nice stunticon. Hell, that "dread" could very well be wildrider if stunticons are the case.
Re: The Dreads To Return In "Age of Extinction"? (1520744)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on September 30th, 2013 @ 1:38am CDT
probably another blackout/grindor situation
Re: The Dreads To Return In "Age of Extinction"? (1520840)
Posted by Metrosuplex on September 30th, 2013 @ 10:54am CDT

I say scrap these guys and put on robots with tattoos and piercings - cause, y'know, tattoos and piercings are even evil-er than dreads! :lol:
Re: The Dreads To Return In "Age of Extinction"? (1520868)
Posted by 5150 Cruiser on September 30th, 2013 @ 12:34pm CDT
Metrosuplex wrote:I hated the "dreads". I guess I'm the only one too conservative to put DREADLOCKS on f*cking robots. :BANG_HEAD:

Starscream did have Tattoo's (Or at least that's what they called them) on his alt mode in ROTF.
Re: The Dreads To Return In "Age of Extinction"? (1520886)
Posted by Metrosuplex on September 30th, 2013 @ 2:25pm CDT
5150 Cruiser wrote:

Well, shoot! Then I guess Michael Bay has answered all my requests! :x (except the piercings :PRAY: )

Ending Soon On eBay

STEELJAW 100% Complete Vintage 1986 Hasbro Transformers G1 W/Tech Spec & Decoder - Time Remaining: 3 days 50 minutes 7 seconds
TAKARA TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS TM-12 GIMLET/Sea Clamp - Time Remaining: 1 day 21 hours 6 minutes 8 seconds
Transformers Age of Extinction Silver Knight Optimus Prime & Grimlock New - Time Remaining: 4 days 10 hours 39 minutes 20 seconds
Transformers Hasbro G1 Platinum Trypticon G1 Reissue Encore Complete - Time Remaining: 3 days 46 minutes 8 seconds
Transformers Cybertron HIGHTAIL New w Cyber Key RID - Time Remaining: 3 days 13 hours 32 minutes 2 seconds
Transformers G1 1983-85 BUMBLEBEE hasbro takara minibot figure  GREAT - Time Remaining: 1 day 20 hours 49 minutes 26 seconds
RATBAT Ex/Mint Vintage 1986 Hasbro Transformers G1 Mini Cassette Tape - Time Remaining: 3 days 1 hour 20 minutes 10 seconds
Transformers 1993 G2 Dinobots: Snarl (red) *see condition - Time Remaining: 1 day 22 hours 39 minutes 59 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #159 - Imperfect Specks