The Dreads To Return In "Age of Extinction"?

Transformers News: The Dreads To Return In "Age of Extinction"?

Sunday, September 29th, 2013 4:46PM CDT

Categories: Movie News, Rumors
Posted by: Mindmaster   Views: 62,607

Thanks to some Instagram users and other sources, we have several images from the Age of Extinction set that features a black, law enforcement-themed Chevrolet Suburban driving alongside the red Pugani Huayra and the Freightliner Argosy long believed by fans to be either Ultra Magnus, Nemesis Prime, or Stunticon leader Motormaster. Usually, we'd write this off as belonging to human law enforcement, however one detail prevents us doing so: the very same vehicle was used to represent the Decepticon troopers, affectionately called the Dreads for their dreadlocks, in the last Transformers film, Dark of the Moon. Could this mark the return of the Decepticon cannon fodder, or is it just pure coincidence that the vehicle is on the set? Speculate away here in the Seibertron.com forums!

Transformers News: The Dreads To Return In "Age of Extinction"?

Transformers News: The Dreads To Return In "Age of Extinction"?

Transformers News: The Dreads To Return In "Age of Extinction"?
Credit(s): Instagram users "acostaedge" and "adriang1977"

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: The Dreads To Return In "Age of Extinction"? (1520739)
Posted by BeastProwl on September 30th, 2013 @ 12:50am CDT
I think that they are the steves of the movie-verse, footsoldiers, generic grunts with the same alt modes, etc. Surviving cons from DOTM even? I know the destruction of the spacebridge sucked up all the ships and such, but I doubt all the leftover grunts were accounted for. They're either chasing an autobot, or thats a deception. Make a nice stunticon. Hell, that "dread" could very well be wildrider if stunticons are the case.
Re: The Dreads To Return In "Age of Extinction"? (1520744)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on September 30th, 2013 @ 1:38am CDT
probably another blackout/grindor situation
Re: The Dreads To Return In "Age of Extinction"? (1520840)
Posted by Metrosuplex on September 30th, 2013 @ 10:54am CDT

I say scrap these guys and put on robots with tattoos and piercings - cause, y'know, tattoos and piercings are even evil-er than dreads! :lol:
Re: The Dreads To Return In "Age of Extinction"? (1520868)
Posted by 5150 Cruiser on September 30th, 2013 @ 12:34pm CDT
Metrosuplex wrote:I hated the "dreads". I guess I'm the only one too conservative to put DREADLOCKS on f*cking robots. :BANG_HEAD:

Starscream did have Tattoo's (Or at least that's what they called them) on his alt mode in ROTF.
Re: The Dreads To Return In "Age of Extinction"? (1520886)
Posted by Metrosuplex on September 30th, 2013 @ 2:25pm CDT
5150 Cruiser wrote:

Well, shoot! Then I guess Michael Bay has answered all my requests! :x (except the piercings :PRAY: )

Ending Soon On eBay

TRANSFORMERS LUCKY DRAW ANIMATED GOLD OPTIMUS PRIME/CONVOY & MEGATRON LIMITED - Time Remaining: 6 days 12 hours 48 minutes 25 seconds
Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Motormaster Figure Robots - Time Remaining:  5 hours 38 minutes 19 seconds
Takara Transformers masterpiece MP-17 PROWL G1 Nissan Fairlady Z New - Time Remaining: 6 days 11 hours 53 minutes 59 seconds
Takara Transformers Cybertron Galaxy Force GX-02 SOUNDWAVE Complete - Time Remaining: 6 days 5 hours 27 minutes 47 seconds
Transformers Armada  Powerlinx Hot Shot With Mini-Con Jolt Hasbro (MOC) HotShot - Time Remaining: 7 days 25 minutes 5 seconds
NIP TRANSFORMERS STAR WARS DARTH VADER TIE ADVANCED FIGHTER MISSLES LIGHTSABER - Time Remaining: 6 days 7 hours 14 seconds
figure TAKARA TOMY Transformers Legends series LG13 Megatron Japan Import :869 - Time Remaining:  7 hours 2 minutes 22 seconds
Takara Tomy Transformers Cybertron Con 2013 Exclusive Henkei Jetfire Figure - Time Remaining: 6 days 5 hours 48 minutes 38 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #146 - Happy Accidents