Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

The Ultimate Battle Two-Pack Released in Universe Packaging

Transformers News: The Ultimate Battle Two-Pack Released in Universe Packaging

Thursday, September 20th, 2007 6:02PM CDT

Categories: Sightings, Toy News
Posted by: Hotrod   Views: 13,038

Ever since the end of Energon Hasbro has been re-releasing some figures in discount stores in Universe packaging. The latest figures to get this are the Classics Optimus Prime vs. Megatron The Ultimate Battle Two-Pack. Dilbertron of TFW2005 found the pack at an Indianapolis Dollar General for only $15.00.
Credit(s): Dilbertron of TFW2005
Re: The Ultimate Battle Two-Pack Released in Universe Packaging (354190)
Posted by Thanatos Prime on September 20th, 2007 @ 6:11pm CDT
Can't see em'
Re: The Ultimate Battle Two-Pack Released in Universe Packaging (354194)
Posted by Flashwave on September 20th, 2007 @ 6:14pm CDT
WOOT for the local boyz
Re: The Ultimate Battle Two-Pack Released in Universe Packaging (354223)
Posted by i_amtrunks on September 20th, 2007 @ 6:28pm CDT
No surprise, this set has been sitting on shelves since it was released, watching everything else "Classic" get taken home.
Re: The Ultimate Battle Two-Pack Released in Universe Packaging (354245)
Posted by Hotrod on September 20th, 2007 @ 6:39pm CDT
I for one would recommend people get this set. I really like it since I figured out all I had to do to Prime was push the button in an he was no longer floppy.
Re: The Ultimate Battle Two-Pack Released in Universe Packaging (354547)
Posted by Scaleface on September 20th, 2007 @ 9:27pm CDT
I like to think of them as Sureshot and Archforce.
Re: The Ultimate Battle Two-Pack Released in Universe Packaging (354724)
Posted by skywarp-2 on September 20th, 2007 @ 11:15pm CDT
Wow, so crap does look and smell the same in a new package!!! :grin:
Re: The Ultimate Battle Two-Pack Released in Universe Packaging (354755)
Posted by Toyotus Superion on September 20th, 2007 @ 11:46pm CDT
Re: The Ultimate Battle Two-Pack Released in Universe Packaging (354765)
Posted by tom brokaw on September 20th, 2007 @ 11:52pm CDT
Toyotus Superion wrote:This is a great set, you guys should really give it a chance. Prime isnt floppy once you just lock the button in.

theres a button?
Re: The Ultimate Battle Two-Pack Released in Universe Packaging (354768)
Posted by skywarp-2 on September 20th, 2007 @ 11:55pm CDT

hmmm an overly detailed Megatron toy, with a missing hand and a spinblade attack.....an optimus prime, with pseudo G-1 aesthetics, with Dalek sensors on his boots, and giant bug eyes, with a spinblade attacks as well.. a locking mechanism is what holds him in place..which if it ever broke, your pretty much screwed.. no thanks dude!!! Spinblade attacks remind me of the He-man disaster from Mattel... :cry:
Re: The Ultimate Battle Two-Pack Released in Universe Packaging (354773)
Posted by ShGarland_1383 on September 21st, 2007 @ 12:01am CDT
tom brokaw wrote:

theres a button?

Yes. The Prime from this 2-pack has some kind of punch that requires a button on his back. Just pull the button out so where it locks into place. I've had the floppy Prime problem too, and someone pointed this trick out to me.

I've seen this 2-pack at wal-mart recently too. Felt like they had classics packaging, but I wasn't paying that much attention.
Re: The Ultimate Battle Two-Pack Released in Universe Packaging (354949)
Posted by Kanyon on September 21st, 2007 @ 3:45am CDT
Woot. Now I don't gotta drive out to Wal-mart or TRU and pick up another set of this, and the best part. $5 cheaper since that boring ass DVD isn't there that had no value at all. Wheee =D
Re: The Ultimate Battle Two-Pack Released in Universe Packaging (355034)
Posted by Autobot032 on September 21st, 2007 @ 6:00am CDT
I'm not a registered member of TFW. Could someone please repost these pics or something? Thanks in advance.
Re: The Ultimate Battle Two-Pack Released in Universe Packaging (355331)
Posted by dragons on September 21st, 2007 @ 10:18am CDT

i donnt like prime those boots on him look they dont like prime reminds me of Mazinger Z with the eyes and the legs remind me of the GUNDAM Ex-S GUNDAM
Re: The Ultimate Battle Two-Pack Released in Universe Packaging (355341)
Posted by Chaoslock on September 21st, 2007 @ 10:27am CDT
Someone please post a mirror of those images...
Re: The Ultimate Battle Two-Pack Released in Universe Packaging (355342)
Posted by Kanyon on September 21st, 2007 @ 10:27am CDT
dragons wrote:im not impressed if i were to get this set it be the one with the dvd included but i would look on ebay to get the dvd seperate for a cheaper price.

The DVD isnt worth watching. Probably could find it on youtube.

Sure Prime looks tarded, but both figures are worth it.
Re: The Ultimate Battle Two-Pack Released in Universe Packaging (355442)
Posted by Auto Bot on September 21st, 2007 @ 11:36am CDT
Can't see the pics
Re: The Ultimate Battle Two-Pack Released in Universe Packaging (355483)
Posted by First Gen on September 21st, 2007 @ 12:09pm CDT
I got this thing when it first came out, thanks to my wife buying it for me. The original with the DVD that is. I must admit I wouldn't have bought it on my own, but I left it in the package, took out only the DVD, which kinda blew as well, and now it sits with my MISB collection.

Its kinda like Armada Prime, you don't necessarily like him, but gotta have him.
Re: The Ultimate Battle Two-Pack Released in Universe Packaging (356404)
Posted by Mandamus on September 21st, 2007 @ 9:38pm CDT
This is still at my local Wal-Mart in Classics-style box for $20. I would consider getting to keep MISB if Megs colors weren't so awful.

Still, if it was a little cheaper.............. :WHISTLE:
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #103 - Road Trip