Third Party Hearts of Steel Insecticon Battle Train In The Making

Transformers News: Third Party Hearts of Steel Insecticon Battle Train In The Making

Monday, December 27th, 2010 4:19AM CST

Categories: Comic Book News, Toy News, Unlicensed Products News
Posted by: Anonymous.   Views: 98,327

Yes, you read right! The Insecticons haven't received much love in the form of a new figure for quite some time. But from the looks of it, it will be at the hands of a third party. It's still unclear as to who is headlining this project, and whether it will be mass produced like FansProject's work, limited to miniscule numbers like Mastercollectors' Nova Prime, or simply a project made for fun. Yet since it is based off Hearts of Steel work, it might just be Mastermind Creations. Enough jabbering though, behold Shrapnel, who also forms the front of the Battle Train!

(Courtesy of ACToys.net member zdszds198932)

Keep it at Seibertron.com for the fastest Transformers news on the net!
Credit(s): ACToys.net
Re: Third Party Hearts of Steel Insecticon Battle Train In The Making (1162362)
Posted by Relic Dinobot on December 27th, 2010 @ 5:24am CST
That is amazing. :shock: If they do make all three, I might just drop the cash for them all and get me that Insectrain. :D
Re: Third Party Hearts of Steel Insecticon Battle Train In The Making (1162364)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on December 27th, 2010 @ 5:46am CST
KILLER! Transformers figures are just gettin better and better everyday.
:CON:
Re: Third Party Hearts of Steel Insecticon Battle Train In The Making (1162368)
Posted by rpetras on December 27th, 2010 @ 6:28am CST
These will be mine!

Oh YES, they WILL be mine!

(wrings hands)

:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:
Re: Third Party Hearts of Steel Insecticon Battle Train In The Making (1162373)
Posted by ninoslow on December 27th, 2010 @ 7:05am CST
that insecticons look awesome i will get this version, when i see this insecticons is store , awesome
Re: Third Party Hearts of Steel Insecticon Battle Train In The Making (1162376)
Posted by DecepticonFinishline on December 27th, 2010 @ 7:35am CST
Yes, this will be mine. : D
Re: Third Party Hearts of Steel Insecticon Battle Train In The Making (1162377)
Posted by prowl123 on December 27th, 2010 @ 7:49am CST
Oh my God!

I don't ever get third party guys, but this will be mine.

YOU WILL BE MINE (SO WILL CROSSFIRE 02)! :twisted:
Re: Third Party Hearts of Steel Insecticon Battle Train In The Making (1162380)
Posted by Stormrider on December 27th, 2010 @ 7:55am CST
Looks very promising. I hope they can add a bit of detail/transformation and scale it to HOS Optimus Prime.
Re: Third Party Hearts of Steel Insecticon Battle Train In The Making (1162385)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on December 27th, 2010 @ 8:21am CST
I hope these guys are made by MMC. I love their HoS Prime.
Re: Third Party Hearts of Steel Insecticon Battle Train In The Making (1162398)
Posted by Chaoslock on December 27th, 2010 @ 8:59am CST
Any other people remember the time IDW had cool ideas like the Insectrain? They were so much more fun than the trainwreck they are publishing nowadays...

I want this set!!!
Re: Third Party Hearts of Steel Insecticon Battle Train In The Making (1162401)
Posted by Rated X on December 27th, 2010 @ 9:18am CST

It's usually Hasbro who butchers the original G1 alt modes to make them more fun for kids. Im suprised a third party company wouldnt just do em the way they were originally intended to be. :BANG_HEAD:
Re: Third Party Hearts of Steel Insecticon Battle Train In The Making (1162406)
Posted by Mkall on December 27th, 2010 @ 9:27am CST
Jaw. Dropped.

This is Marvelous. Absolutely marvelous. I'll take one of each please.
Re: Third Party Hearts of Steel Insecticon Battle Train In The Making (1162412)
Posted by T-Macksimus on December 27th, 2010 @ 9:39am CST
Rated X wrote:If they dont transform into insects how are they "insecticons" ??? I would definitally consider buying them to display in robot mode. But am I the only one here who thinks the whole train gimmick is stupid ???

Would you rather they had stagecoaches for alt. modes? That's the whole point of the HOS line, to be pre-G1 era transformers. No cars, trucks etc. Labeling these guys as "insecticons" just helps those who didn't follow the Hearts of Steel comic (and a lot of folks didn't) identify them a little easier since they will only vaguely resemble the forms we recognize them as. The whole Heart of Steel concept could be thought of in the same way as Marvel comics "What If...?" series. Myself, I want to see an entire line of Transformers set in the time frame of the classic roadsters. Late 1940's and 1950's thru 1960's muscle cars. Not gonna happen so instead I'll enjoy a similar concept only taken way further back in time. It's all done in fun anyways.
Re: Third Party Hearts of Steel Insecticon Battle Train In The Making (1162422)
Posted by Lord Onixprime on December 27th, 2010 @ 10:08am CST
Very very cool.

I loved the whole premise of HOS and loved all of the characters designs. The Insecticons were always one of the cooler ones as well. If this is reasonably priced, I don't think I will be able to resist getting one.
Re: Third Party Hearts of Steel Insecticon Battle Train In The Making (1162435)
Posted by phoenix88 on December 27th, 2010 @ 10:42am CST
really really digging the resin cast and the concept art. barring high price this set will be mine! the insectrain looks awesome
Re: Third Party Hearts of Steel Insecticon Battle Train In The Making (1162437)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on December 27th, 2010 @ 10:45am CST
The HOS insecticons are a great design. They will be mine especially if they are made by MMC. I hope some new upstart 3rd party isn't out to step on MMC toes. They did a fine job on KMC and they can only get better with each new release.
Re: Third Party Hearts of Steel Insecticon Battle Train In The Making (1162439)
Posted by Rated X on December 27th, 2010 @ 10:50am CST
T-Macksimus wrote:

Oh I see. So this is part of thew samer storyline with the Knight Morpher Optimus Prime figure ? Honestly, I dont read comics. I just collect anything G1 or movie. I mean the prototype pics, look great. I just would love to see the insecticons re-done in a G1 theme to go with the classics/generations lines.
Re: Third Party Hearts of Steel Insecticon Battle Train In The Making (1162443)
Posted by craggy on December 27th, 2010 @ 10:59am CST
I'm not a huge fan of the train gimmick myself, but those designs are awesome, and any version of the Insecticons getting some love is good news. Hope it sells well and someone takes on the G1 designs (or the War Within ones)
Re: Third Party Hearts of Steel Insecticon Battle Train In The Making (1162455)
Posted by DavidT on December 27th, 2010 @ 11:57am CST
Excellent! These shall be mine!!!! =P~
Re: Third Party Hearts of Steel Insecticon Battle Train In The Making (1162472)
Posted by Primacron's Little Helper on December 27th, 2010 @ 12:52pm CST
Trains and Insecticons are much much awesome!!!

After Prime and Shockwave, I guess the Seekers or Bumblebee are next most likely to be made.

I'd really like to see Scourge made (he has a Zeppelin alt mode), does anyone remember the TMNT blimp toy? A Scourge with a similarly inflatable section would be fantastic.
Re: Third Party Hearts of Steel Insecticon Battle Train In The Making (1162497)
Posted by Sodan-1 on December 27th, 2010 @ 1:45pm CST
I'm not particularly a fan of this whole Hearts of Steel thing so this'll inevitably be a pass for me. But these designs are all pretty cool. I realise it's just a prototype figure, but I would hope there will be more detail on the finished version. The concept art is very nice indeed.

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers 1987 G1 Targetmasters: Slugslinger *figure only - Time Remaining: 18 days 11 hours 27 minutes 49 seconds
Transformers AUTHENTIC Justitoys WST Dinobot G1 Desert Warrior Snarl MISB - Time Remaining: 4 days 1 hour 58 minutes 18 seconds
Transformers Animated TA-07 TA 07 Starscream Action Figure Takara Tomy Japan F/S - Time Remaining: 3 days 22 hours 52 minutes 23 seconds
Transformers Animated TA-06 TA 06 Voyager Megatron Action Figure Takara Tomy F/S - Time Remaining: 3 days 22 hours 53 minutes 51 seconds
Transformers G1 Powermaster Overlord radar dish - Time Remaining: 4 days 14 hours 21 minutes 8 seconds
Takara Tomy BUMBLEBEE Transformers Movie 2007 complete Concept Camaro Japan - Time Remaining: 1 day 12 hours 55 minutes 41 seconds
Transformers 3 Dark of the Moon Voyager Ironhide Action Figure Toy Doll 100% New - Time Remaining: 5 days 5 hours 57 minutes 21 seconds
TRANSFORMERS RAVAGE METALLIC STATUE HARD HERO  G1 DECEPTICON Megatron - Time Remaining: 4 days 8 hours 18 minutes 54 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #156 - Gestalt Theory