THS-02B Hybrid Style Black G1 Convoy Asia Exclusive

Transformers News: THS-02B Hybrid Style Black G1 Convoy Asia Exclusive

Tuesday, October 8th, 2013 3:35PM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Sponsor News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 15,051

Site sponsor BigBadToyStore has revealed that the THS-02B Hybrid Style Black G1 Convoy mold is being rolled out again for an Asian Market Exclusive redeco. This version will come with gold joint accents. The pre-order is listed for $144.99 with a November release date.

On this exclusive edition of the G1 convoy the arm and legs joints will be colored gold. Pictures are for reference only and not the actual item.

Transformers News: THS-02B Hybrid Style Black G1 Convoy Asia Exclusive

Transformers News: THS-02B Hybrid Style Black G1 Convoy Asia Exclusive

Transformers News: THS-02B Hybrid Style Black G1 Convoy Asia Exclusive
Credit(s): BBTS

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: THS-02B Hybrid Style Black G1 Convoy Asia Exclusive (1522591)
Posted by megatronus on October 8th, 2013 @ 4:03pm CDT
Yea - I saw this on BBTS earlier.

Seems kind of pointless, doesn't it?

[Especially with Gold highlights instead of a Nemesis/Scourge deco]
Re: THS-02B Hybrid Style Black G1 Convoy Asia Exclusive (1522597)
Posted by hinomars19 on October 8th, 2013 @ 4:21pm CDT
megatronus wrote:Yea - I saw this on BBTS earlier.

Seems kind of pointless, doesn't it?

[Especially with Gold highlights instead of a Nemesis/Scourge deco]

Am I the only one who remembers a time when black re-paints were just that-black re-paints for the hell of it? And some of them, like Prime could have gold accents? I mean Black Convoy/Scourge/Nemesis Prime as Decepticons are cool n' all but it's nice to see some shnazzy :BOT: in black again.
Sadly I can't afford this though :D
Re: THS-02B Hybrid Style Black G1 Convoy Asia Exclusive (1522602)
Posted by megatronus on October 8th, 2013 @ 4:34pm CDT
hinomars19 wrote:
megatronus wrote:Yea - I saw this on BBTS earlier.

Seems kind of pointless, doesn't it?

[Especially with Gold highlights instead of a Nemesis/Scourge deco]

Sadly I can't afford this though :D

If you like it, you like it. :APPLAUSE:

I'm just not a fan for repaints for the hell of it these days. There's so much out there! So if it's a repaint, I would hope it's of its own character, or has some extra accessories (a la MP Soundblaster w/ Ratbat :CON: ).
Re: THS-02B Hybrid Style Black G1 Convoy Asia Exclusive (1522619)
Posted by hinomars19 on October 8th, 2013 @ 5:38pm CDT
megatronus wrote:
hinomars19 wrote:
megatronus wrote:Yea - I saw this on BBTS earlier.

Seems kind of pointless, doesn't it?

[Especially with Gold highlights instead of a Nemesis/Scourge deco]

Sadly I can't afford this though :D

If you like it, you like it. :APPLAUSE:

What can I say, I'm a 'for the hell of it' kinda guy sometimes :D

I'm continuously impressed actually these days with how they use fiction to explain new paint jobs on toys. The black MP Rodimus was nice, even including it as a comic. But still sometimes it's black 'cos it's black. I like that freedom 8-}

(Also I am one of those disgruntled fans of the original Black Convoy/Scourge character from CarRobot that feels the character is being done over now that every Prime thinks they can be painted black and be evil. Grumpy pants I am :-$)
The price for this fig seems a bit much though. I have the G1 original, and did want the first black version for the G2 bits, but never could afford the mold a second time. Now it's even more expensive :shock: Wonder if this version will have the G2 pieces? Or even the G2 colours on the trailer for that matter.
Re: THS-02B Hybrid Style Black G1 Convoy Asia Exclusive (1522641)
Posted by fenrir72 on October 8th, 2013 @ 7:28pm CDT
His armor is kind of like Black Godmaster Convoy. Specially designed to draw solar/alternate energy to give him added output/firepower..
Re: THS-02B Hybrid Style Black G1 Convoy Asia Exclusive (1522662)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 8th, 2013 @ 9:32pm CDT
Yeah, this isn't Nemesis Prime, guys. This is Optimus himself wearing special radiation-absorbing "Black Body" coating, which he donned to fight the invincible madman that is Galvatron II. :KREMZEEK:
Re: THS-02B Hybrid Style Black G1 Convoy Asia Exclusive (1522665)
Posted by Seibertron on October 8th, 2013 @ 9:54pm CDT
Re: THS-02B Hybrid Style Black G1 Convoy Asia Exclusive (1522669)
Posted by megatronus on October 8th, 2013 @ 10:23pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:And at long last I'll finally have a reason to complete the galleries of the previous THS figures that have been half completed for a few years sitting on my computer. Awesome!

It's fun getting a glimpse into how your mind works ;)
Re: THS-02B Hybrid Style Black G1 Convoy Asia Exclusive (1522671)
Posted by Seibertron on October 8th, 2013 @ 10:28pm CDT
megatronus wrote:

It's fun getting a glimpse into how your mind works ;)

:grin:
Re: THS-02B Hybrid Style Black G1 Convoy Asia Exclusive (1522675)
Posted by mooncake623 on October 8th, 2013 @ 10:55pm CDT

Would love to see the gallery with comparison pictures with Nucleon Quest Super Convoy. :grin:
Re: THS-02B Hybrid Style Black G1 Convoy Asia Exclusive (1522677)
Posted by Seibertron on October 8th, 2013 @ 11:07pm CDT
mooncake623 wrote:

I can accommodate that request as well as Jafcon Black Convoy as well :D
Re: THS-02B Hybrid Style Black G1 Convoy Asia Exclusive (1522678)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 8th, 2013 @ 11:19pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:
mooncake623 wrote:

I can accommodate that request as well as Jafcon Black Convoy as well :D
Can we get both Masterpiece Convoy Black Version and Masterpiece Black Convoy too?
Re: THS-02B Hybrid Style Black G1 Convoy Asia Exclusive (1522679)
Posted by Seibertron on October 8th, 2013 @ 11:22pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Seibertron wrote:
mooncake623 wrote:

I can accommodate that request as well as Jafcon Black Convoy as well :D

You mean these guys that I just posted a pic of earlier this week? ;)

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 069&type=3

Re: THS-02B Hybrid Style Black G1 Convoy Asia Exclusive (1522681)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 8th, 2013 @ 11:28pm CDT
You da man, Ryan! :BOWDOWN:

It's raining black Primes/Convoys! :KREMZEEK:
Re: THS-02B Hybrid Style Black G1 Convoy Asia Exclusive (1522686)
Posted by noctorro on October 8th, 2013 @ 11:50pm CDT
Re: THS-02B Hybrid Style Black G1 Convoy Asia Exclusive (1522687)
Posted by megatronus on October 8th, 2013 @ 11:56pm CDT
noctorro wrote:Am I the only one who thinks the THS Prime is a near perfect G1 Optimus and the MP10 is a perfect Optimus, and wondering why Hasbro can't make a Voyager sized perfect mass retail G1 Optimus?

It's been a long while since we received a Classics Voyager Optimus... or Megatron, for that matter.

Both are in serious need of updates.
Re: THS-02B Hybrid Style Black G1 Convoy Asia Exclusive (1522698)
Posted by Mykltron on October 9th, 2013 @ 4:17am CDT
Re: THS-02B Hybrid Style Black G1 Convoy Asia Exclusive (1522701)
Posted by Mykltron on October 9th, 2013 @ 4:22am CDT
megatronus wrote:

Both are in serious need of updates.

Especially Megatron, because the voyager OP is more than half decent.
Re: THS-02B Hybrid Style Black G1 Convoy Asia Exclusive (1523787)
Posted by Sideswipe 00 on October 14th, 2013 @ 12:24pm CDT
I am loving this black! and the gold will be a nice touch :) I always wanted one of these but never really pulled the trigger. Definitely gonna get this one though as I just sold some magic cards =D Still selling more if any Magic The Gathering people on the boards! :3
Re: THS-02B Hybrid Style Black G1 Convoy Asia Exclusive (1523794)
Posted by GuyIncognito on October 14th, 2013 @ 1:03pm CDT
Mykltron wrote:Holy crow that's expensive. That's double what I paid for the original version. He's good, but not THAT good.

All of the Asia exclusive have been expensive when imported for sale outside their intended market.

Ending Soon On eBay

STARSCREAM WITH CROWN Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Leader Class 2015 - Time Remaining: 1 day 12 hours 5 minutes 40 seconds
DIRGE TRANSFORMERS G1 - Decpticon Jet - Loose 90% Comp - Time Remaining: 7 days 20 hours 7 minutes 7 seconds
KIDS LOGIC OPTIMUS PRIME TRANSFORMERS AGE OF EXTINCTION MECHA NATIONS MN-004 - Time Remaining: 2 days 2 hours 55 minutes 10 seconds
Transformers generations combiner wars leader class armada megatron classics - Time Remaining: 1 day 12 hours 11 minutes 53 seconds
HASBRO - TRANSFORMERS - UNIVERSE - AUTOBOT WHIRL - BRAND NEW - SEALED!! - Time Remaining: 7 days 15 minutes 27 seconds
NEW 2010 TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS 'DARKMOUNT' MOC DECEPTICON NIB - Time Remaining: 22 days 14 hours 41 seconds
Maketoys Transformers 01DX Gaint G2 Devastator New - Time Remaining: 6 days 23 hours 3 minutes 6 seconds
HASBRO - TRANSFORMERS - UNIVERSE - RAMJET - BRAND NEW - SEALED!! - Time Remaining: 7 days 50 minutes 21 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #153 - Last Knights of Cybertron
"Last Knights of Cybertron"
Posted: Monday, August 15th, 2016